Hi. 

I am wondering if someone might help me. 

I downloaded Ivy, opened her zip....  opened the main download zip, and Nuka zip, and moved the contents to my FO4 Data folder....   but she is not in game. 

I am pretty sure I did it correctly... however.. there are a couple of things which might be the issue I am looking to confirm or not, before I begin to root around for all the elements I added in to my data folder from this mod, remove them, and try again. 

I have made a couple of assumptions, you see. 

Firstly, after looking about, and being unable to see anything.... I made the assumption Ivy is Standalone.... so I do not have any dependencies if she has any. In which case, I would greatly appreciate someone pointing me to them. 

Secondly, I am vaguely aware from a conversation I had a good many moons ago now, you have to modify two key ini files in some part of the FO4 file, to enable mods. BUT... whilst this is my FIRST manual installation for an FO4 mod... and my first in over 15 years for any game (I was dab at modding Sims2 manually)....I have NOT made those modifications, because I have many mods installed via mod manager, and I kind of just assumed, since they worked, IT made those changes to my .ini files. 

If the latter is not how it works, and I still have to make those changes myself, manually, if I am doing a manual installation... I was wondering might someone tell me where the files are, and what I need to write where... is it is not too much trouble.... and if it IS too in depth for that, point me to a page perhaps, which might be of use? 

Thanks for your time in advance. 

Vor 6 Minuten sagte Apis4:

Hi. 

Ich frage mich, ob mir jemand helfen könnte. 

Ich habe Ivy heruntergeladen, ihre ZIP-Datei geöffnet ... die Haupt-Download-Zip-Datei und die Nuka-Zip-Datei geöffnet und den Inhalt in meinen FO4-Datenordner verschoben ... aber sie ist nicht im Spiel. 

Ich bin mir ziemlich sicher, dass ich es richtig gemacht habe ... aber ... es gibt ein paar Dinge, die das Problem sein könnten, das ich bestätigen möchte oder nicht, bevor ich anfange, nach allen Elementen zu suchen, die ich meinem Datenordner hinzugefügt habe aus diesem Mod, entfernen Sie sie und versuchen Sie es erneut. 

Ich habe ein paar Annahmen getroffen, sehen Sie. 

Erstens, nachdem ich mich umgesehen hatte und nichts sehen konnte .... ging ich davon aus, dass Ivy eigenständig ist .... also habe ich keine Abhängigkeiten, falls sie welche hat. In diesem Fall würde ich mich sehr freuen, wenn mich jemand darauf hinweisen würde. 

Zweitens ist mir aus einem Gespräch, das ich vor vielen Monden geführt habe, vage bewusst, dass Sie zwei wichtige INI-Dateien in einem Teil der FO4-Datei ändern müssen, um Mods zu aktivieren. ABER ... obwohl dies meine ERSTE manuelle Installation für einen FO4-Mod ist ... und meine erste seit über 15 Jahren für ein Spiel (ich habe versucht, Sims2 manuell zu modden) ... habe ich diese Änderungen NICHT vorgenommen, weil ich Ich habe viele Mods über den Mod-Manager installiert, und ich bin einfach davon ausgegangen, dass IT diese Änderungen an meinen .ini-Dateien vorgenommen hat, da sie funktionierten. 

Wenn letzteres nicht funktioniert und ich diese Änderungen immer noch selbst vornehmen muss, manuell, wenn ich eine manuelle Installation durchführe ... Ich habe mich gefragt, ob mir jemand sagen könnte, wo die Dateien sind und was ich wo schreiben muss ... ist es nicht zu viel Mühe.... und wenn es dafür zu ausführlich IST, zeige mich vielleicht auf eine Seite, die nützlich sein könnte? 

Vielen Dank für Ihre Zeit im Voraus. 

Did you try to install manually?

I strongly recommend using "vortex" or "Mod Manager 2"

2 hours ago, Miauzi said:

Did you try to install manually?

I strongly recommend using "vortex" or "Mod Manager 2"

I use NMM, and I do not know how you use it for this site.... I am new, came here because someone explicitly recommended Ivy to me.... she is my first very LL download. 

I normally use the automated function on Nexus, the 'Download With Mod Manager' option... but that is lacking here. I do not know how to do that manually. 

Vor 7 Minuten sagte Apis4:

Ich benutze NMM, und ich weiß nicht, wie Sie es für diese Seite verwenden. 

Normalerweise verwende ich die automatische Funktion auf Nexus, die Option "Download With Mod Manager" ... aber das fehlt hier. Ich weiß nicht, wie man das manuell macht. 

When "Vortex" came out 3 years ago, we switched from "NMM" - because there were already mods back then - which you could simply install cleanly with "NMM".

Over time, mod authors received more and more instructions - please NO MORE "NMM" to install, but to switch to more modern programs

I have nothing more to say now

3 hours ago, Apis4 said:

Hi. 

I am wondering if someone might help me. 

I downloaded Ivy, opened her zip....  opened the main download zip, and Nuka zip, and moved the contents to my FO4 Data folder....   but she is not in game. 

I am pretty sure I did it correctly... however.. there are a couple of things which might be the issue I am looking to confirm or not, before I begin to root around for all the elements I added in to my data folder from this mod, remove them, and try again. 

I have made a couple of assumptions, you see. 

Firstly, after looking about, and being unable to see anything.... I made the assumption Ivy is Standalone.... so I do not have any dependencies if she has any. In which case, I would greatly appreciate someone pointing me to them. 

Secondly, I am vaguely aware from a conversation I had a good many moons ago now, you have to modify two key ini files in some part of the FO4 file, to enable mods. BUT... whilst this is my FIRST manual installation for an FO4 mod... and my first in over 15 years for any game (I was dab at modding Sims2 manually)....I have NOT made those modifications, because I have many mods installed via mod manager, and I kind of just assumed, since they worked, IT made those changes to my .ini files. 

If the latter is not how it works, and I still have to make those changes myself, manually, if I am doing a manual installation... I was wondering might someone tell me where the files are, and what I need to write where... is it is not too much trouble.... and if it IS too in depth for that, point me to a page perhaps, which might be of use? 

Thanks for your time in advance. 

I use NMM tbt. And the trick is to just drag the zip into the mods screen. Then it will 'virtually download' it. You can then right click and install it.

You need to enable loose file loading:

In order to load loose file folders by enabling Fallout 4 to do so,  you will need to make some changes:

• Go to the Documents folder on your PC.
  • Go to My Games and open the Fallout 4 folder. 
  • Open the Fallout4Custom.ini file.
  • Inside the file, add the following lines:

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

• If the mods still do not load completely, you can try to add these lines to the Fallout4Prefs.ini file:

[Launcher]:

bEnableFileSelection=1

Go ahead and launch your game, you will find that all the features in the mod (textures, meshes, sounds, scripts etc.) are loading perfectly now. 

23 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

I use NMM tbt. And the trick is to just drag the zip into the mods screen. Then it will 'virtually download' it. You can then right click and install it.

You need to enable loose file loading:

In order to load loose file folders by enabling Fallout 4 to do so,  you will need to make some changes:

• Go to the Documents folder on your PC.
  • Go to My Games and open the Fallout 4 folder. 
  • Open the Fallout4Custom.ini file.
  • Inside the file, add the following lines:

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

• If the mods still do not load completely, you can try to add these lines to the Fallout4Prefs.ini file:

[Launcher]:

bEnableFileSelection=1

Go ahead and launch your game, you will find that all the features in the mod (textures, meshes, sounds, scripts etc.) are loading perfectly now. 

The Prefs bit was it... did it... worked like a charm, about to go test her out now! Thank you SO MUCH. 

@Apis4

If you've just started a new game and everything is working to your satisfaction with NMM, then don't mess with success and stick with it for this playthrough.  Obviously some people continue to use it and are very happy with it.

I would agree with @Miauzi though, the next time you play Fallout 4, or Skyrim, or another supported game, you'll find that Vortex or Mod Organizer 2 will give you a little more control, and make it much easier to see at a glance how your mods are interacting with each other in terms of what overwrites what, or what has priority.  Gopher and Gamer Poets are two youtubers who have both posted some excellent tutorial videos on those mod managers.

Vor 44 Minuten sagte Wyrnox:

Hallo, fügt dieser Mod dem Worldspace etwas hinzu? Ich frage, weil ich die letzte Version von PRP verwende und mich frage, ob sie kompatibel ist oder ob ein Patch erforderlich ist. 

yes - a suitcase in the river at Sanctuary

Spoiler

Fallout4_Kapitel05_14.jpg.03afe6dcb70f0184726271777cb864e6.jpg

Fallout4_Kapitel05_15.jpg.dfb2a80c13ea6c94bf114a09b4eb227d.jpg

Edited by Miauzi
26 minutes ago, Miauzi said:

yes - a suitcase in the river at Sanctuary

Thanks, so patch is required… Now to find a patch then, cos last version of PRP tend to screw up stuff with new additions.

I doubt they would interfere with each other. Perhaps try if it 'just works' before patching something that doesn't need patching. The engine normally stacks worldspace changes IF and WHEN mods play nice and clean their ESP's before releasing. Since most mods do that, chances are big it will work as intended.

In other words, she's been compatible with 99.9% of other mods that alter worldspace.

Edited by Reginald_001
2 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

I doubt they would interfere with each other. Perhaps try if it 'just works' before patching something that doesn't need patching. The engine normally stacks worldspace changes IF and WHEN mods play nice and clean their ESP's before releasing. Since most mods do that, chances are big it will work as intended.

In other words, she's been compatible with 99.9% of other mods that alter worldspace.

Got it, thanks Reginald! 

11 hours ago, ShadedExalt said:

I've just started Nuka World, and noticed that there's no character voice dialogue - I noticed when talking to Gage over the Intercom that there was an Ivy related line, so I wanted to check and see if this is a known problem due to this, or something I can safely fix.

I played through Nuka World with Ivy without a sound issue. However, I did notice that the initial dialogue with Gage, including the intercom, was lower. I just quit to desktop and reloaded. Seemed to fix it.

On 1/29/2023 at 1:16 AM, ShadedExalt said:

I've just started Nuka World, and noticed that there's no character voice dialogue - I noticed when talking to Gage over the Intercom that there was an Ivy related line, so I wanted to check and see if this is a known problem due to this, or something I can safely fix.

No known issues there with Ivy. So not sure what's causing that issue for you.

A question for the worthy mod author,

Yesterday I completely revised my chapter about the player's visit to the world of thoughts vin Ivy ("Ivy inside") and actually translated every note (very laborious for me) into my native language.

One detail struck me:

Spoiler

Ivy's body is based on the NX-2C model - which is effectively a Synth 2.9. The last "mechanical" model before everything was switched to "organic".
But that was 60 years ago - the note shows that the work/further development was stopped because "clean" DNA (aka the baby "Shaun") was recovered.

Now I'm not clear when the time horizon of Mercy and her gang - who had tried Dr. Stein and this ended in the death of everyone except the boss (Mercy).

Do I now relate this information to the holotape of the creation of Ivy - which also mentions the attempt by Dr. Stein is reported with the sister/daughter of Abernathys murdered by the raiders - I'm quite confused.

I could only resolve this if Dr. Stein carried the body of the NX-2C with him for about 50 years and repeatedly tried to implement a human brain with his method (memory blockade instead of deletion).

However, the attack and the capture of Ivy must have happened many years ago...
...because "Takahashi" (the bot) has existed in D.C for a very long time. and got his "personality" from Mercy's gang member "Takahashi" through an unsuccessful hack attempt.

If I now date Mercy's attack 50 years back and Stein was already an old man then...
...and I meet Stein again later in Nuka World (together with Ivy)
I could only draw 2 conclusions:

Spoiler

1) Stein himself had his brain implanted in the male version of the NX-2C (which would then also match his appearance in the final scene)

2) Stein "put Mercy's brain on hold" for at least 45 years - although the stored brains (see factory of the "mechanist") apparently do not "age"

Am I completely wrong now and am I totally wrong?

Vor 1 Stunde sagte Reginald_001:

Ivy ist über 80 Jahre alt und verbrachte fast 60 Jahre im Keller.

Thanks - the 3rd option - which is sort of your answer - was too scary to even "pronounce".

But how does that fit with Lucy Abernathy's sister?

Or did the same tragedy repeat itself 60-65 years later?

1 hour ago, Miauzi said:

Thanks - the 3rd option - which is sort of your answer - was too scary to even "pronounce".

But how does that fit with Lucy Abernathy's sister?

Or did the same tragedy repeat itself 60-65 years later?

Reading your postulation, and Reginalds answer, I came to the following conclusion about Ivy and her memories:

Tyrell:Commerce, is our goal here at Tyrell. More human than human is our motto. Rachael is an experiment, nothing more. We began to recognize in them strange obsession. After all they are emotional inexperienced with only a few years in which to store up the experiences which you and I take for granted. If we gift them the past we create a cushion or pillow for their emotions and consequently we can control them better.

Deckard:Memories. You're talking about memories.

Ivy also has a computer designed to block unwanted memories and experiences without her knowledge. Ivy has also left the cellar many times over the past decades, entertaining raiders and settlers alike. Wouldn't be too difficult for the AI portion of her mind to wipe most of the passage of time, while leaving small fragments intact.

Vor 14 Minuten sagte IBAGadget:

Als ich Ihre Behauptung und Reginalds Antwort las, kam ich zu folgendem Schluss über Ivy und ihre Erinnerungen:

Tyrell: Handel ist unser Ziel hier bei Tyrell. Mehr Mensch als Mensch ist unser Motto. Rachael ist ein Experiment, mehr nicht. Wir begannen, in ihnen eine seltsame Besessenheit zu erkennen. Schließlich sind sie emotional unerfahren und haben nur wenige Jahre Zeit, um die Erfahrungen zu sammeln, die Sie und ich für selbstverständlich halten. Wenn wir ihnen die Vergangenheit schenken, schaffen wir ein Polster oder Kissen für ihre Emotionen und können sie folglich besser kontrollieren.

Deckard: Erinnerungen. Du sprichst von Erinnerungen.

Ivy hat auch einen Computer, der entwickelt wurde, um unerwünschte Erinnerungen und Erfahrungen ohne ihr Wissen zu blockieren. Efeu hat den Keller in den letzten Jahrzehnten auch viele Male verlassen und Plünderer und Siedler gleichermaßen unterhalten. Es wäre nicht allzu schwierig für den KI-Teil ihres Geistes, die meiste Zeit zu löschen, während kleine Fragmente intakt bleiben.

You didn't understand something fundamental:

The AI who monitors Ivy's emotions and ensures her mental stability -> can't erase anything!

She says herself that she doesn't know why Dr. Stein did NOT choose this usual procedure - but the method of blocking...

..and the whole mission "Ivy inside" is about UNLOCKING those existing memories.

Ivy says after the player is out of her "head":
Thanks - for having my memories back - it will take me many years to "look through" them

But that wasn't my point at all...
..but a contradiction (to me) in the timing of their "construction" (the implementation of Mercy's brain into the NX-2C) and the holotape found by the player at the Med-Tex Research Center. (Quest "Hyper Combat")

The holotape contains recordings of Dr. Stein - especially about his failures BEFORE he tried Mercy's brain...
..and among them was a young (dead) woman named Abernathy!!
(so far I always assumed that Lucy Abernathy's sister was killed by the raiders)

---

In contrast to "Blade Runner" NO artificial memories are built into Ivy - for me the main difference.

?

Vor 32 Minuten sagte IBAGadget:

Als ich Ihre Behauptung und Reginalds Antwort las, kam ich zu folgendem Schluss über Ivy und ihre Erinnerungen:

Ivy hat auch einen Computer, der entwickelt wurde, um unerwünschte Erinnerungen und Erfahrungen ohne ihr Wissen zu blockieren. Efeu hat den Keller in den letzten Jahrzehnten auch viele Male verlassen und Plünderer und Siedler gleichermaßen unterhalten. Es wäre nicht allzu schwierig für den KI-Teil ihres Geistes, die meiste Zeit zu löschen, während kleine Fragmente intakt bleiben.

Abandoned yes - but NOT on foot - in other words, Ivy has not once gone through the hatch in her cellar in 60 years!!

She couldn't - because it's FINISHED!
The player has to pick the lock from the outside!!

How did Ivy come out?
Via teleportation - directly from the cellar to the customer and back again.
(back telepot probably forced automatically)

Why is your request -> May I accompany you?

Not because you are such a hot "ass" - but because you are the means to her escape from this dungeon!