3 hours ago, LordDrakath15226 said:

Did you find which AAF mod is messing her up?

I didn't. Even started a new game and she still never asked about hypercombat. Going to start a new one again after clearing out my load order a bit and at this point the only AAF mods I have in it will be sexual harassment, violate, and sex attributes. Hopefully it works since I'm really interested in those quests. I can't think of anything else I have that might mess with her. Maybe crime and punishment or gun for hire?

5 hours ago, webb71 said:

I didn't. Even started a new game and she still never asked about hypercombat. Going to start a new one again after clearing out my load order a bit and at this point the only AAF mods I have in it will be sexual harassment, violate, and sex attributes. Hopefully it works since I'm really interested in those quests. I can't think of anything else I have that might mess with her. Maybe crime and punishment or gun for hire?

Well, do let me know when you find out.

19 hours ago, webb71 said:

Last time I played with Ivy, I had those three mods and a bit more.  I got the Hypercombat upgrade quest.

12 minutes ago, tinkerbelle said:

Last time I played with Ivy, I had those three mods and a bit more.  I got the Hypercombat upgrade quest.

Well shit idk what is causing it then. Unless maybe because ivy is detecting enemies that aren't vanilla since they're spawned by panpc/more enemies and that doesn't count towards the amount of 20 that is required? Here's my load order if anyone has any ideas.

plugins.txt

Vor 7 Minuten sagte tinkerbelle:

Als ich das letzte Mal mit Ivy gespielt habe, hatte ich diese drei Mods und noch ein bisschen mehr. Ich habe die Hypercombat-Upgrade-Quest erhalten.

Yep - this does NOT cause any of Ivy's quests to fail to start.

I use AAF with quite a lot of mods
and
I have e.g. also various sex (among others with Ivy) BEFORE the quest for "Hyper Combat" - and all that is no obstacle to triggering it correctly

Sequence to pretty much at the beginning

and the quest runs absolutely correctly

From my experience, completely different things will have disturbed you

35 minutes ago, webb71 said:

Hmm well I'm level 20 now and she hasn't said anything about it. I think its probably impossible that she hasn't fought at least 20 enemies by now lol. Don't know if the other quests are going to trigger yet since we arent at loving status yet.

From the technical reference:

image.png.0d5bc260f09b6f14485142e6897802af.png

You can see in the pre-reqs that she should have had at least 30 'personal' combat encounters. That means against enemies that were focused on her and she was focused on them (that's just how the engine works). If you engage 2 enemies they will focus on you and the counter won't go. The best way to trigger HyperCombat quickly is to send Ivy into the battle head first a few times. Then by the time you are at clearing out Corvega and half way there she should start asking. For some it didn't trigger because they were always stealthy and always killed enemies before enemies saw them.

Much more technical information.

36 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

From the technical reference:

You can see in the pre-reqs that she should have had at least 30 'personal' combat encounters. That means against enemies that were focused on her and she was focused on them (that's just how the engine works). If you engage 2 enemies they will focus on you and the counter won't go. The best way to trigger HyperCombat quickly is to send Ivy into the battle head first a few times. Then by the time you are at clearing out Corvega and half way there she should start asking. For some it didn't trigger because they were always stealthy and always killed enemies before enemies saw them.

Much more technical information.

Ohhhh, yeah I play super stealthy so that might be why. I'll try sending her into battle while I wait a bunch of times and see if it helps. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Reginald_001 said:

Aus der technischen Referenz:

Sie können in den Voraussetzungen sehen, dass sie mindestens 30 "persönliche" Kampfbegegnungen gehabt haben sollte. Das bedeutet gegen Feinde, die auf sie fokussiert waren und auf die sie sich konzentrierte (so funktioniert die Engine). Wenn Sie 2 Feinde angreifen, werden sie sich auf Sie konzentrieren und der Zähler geht nicht. Der beste Weg, HyperCombat schnell auszulösen, besteht darin, Ivy zuerst ein paar Mal in den Kampfkopf zu schicken. Dann, wenn Sie Corvega auf halbem Weg geräumt haben, sollte sie anfangen zu fragen. Bei einigen löste es nicht aus, weil sie immer heimlich waren und immer Feinde töteten, bevor Feinde sie sahen.

Viel mehr technische Informationen.

I also play in stealth mode - but it's hard to keep up at the beginning - so there are enough "open" fights

11 hours ago, Clumsydwarf said:

I do not know if this has ever been mentioned but the DJ for Diamond City Radio is Travis not Trevor as Ivy called him when talking about the state of his trailer. The rest of the mod is so well done, I will chalk this up to "Mistake made by character",

Sjjjjj!!! :D

a small illustrated story as a thank you to the author for his wonderful mod that inspires me again and again

In my current game, my character is a Chinese agent who died through torture in 2077 - who was "revived" by the institute as a synth - without anyone knowing about her espionage activities.

"Mistress" Tomie - that's her code name - was able to escape from the institute - met Ivy near Sanctuary.
Both have been a solid couple ever since.

After finding a solid home (upgrading Vault 111 via a mod), Tomie decided to investigate the possible cause of her arrest and took the opportunity to travel to Point Lookout
(Fallout-3 DLC is available as a mod for Fallout-4)

For this trip, however, she has to part with her companion Ivy.

Spoiler

A river boat - it takes a large portion of contempt for death to drive along the coast of the North Atlantic in this vehicle...
...no up-to-date sea charts, no navigation systems - no radar and of course no beacons on land - ultimately you can only sail during the day when the weather is nice.
Aif this way, the journey takes weeks instead of days.

Fallout4_Kapitel35_16.jpg.7500c12ca06c0be63a99feeb628bb736.jpg

"Point Lookout" - at the beginning of the 17th century "Pilgrim Fathers" landed at this place to found a colony - in the 21st century an amusement park was built.

Fallout4_Kapitel35_43.jpg.257a4b18decca2cff39210ee508c435a.jpg

Fallout4_Kapitel35_92.jpg.504a805988ac896e4e7977fa4bc32ef5.jpg

When she sees this wanted poster, she quickly realizes that the entire espionage mission in the summer of 2077 was a disaster.
Not only did the mini-sub run aground, but there was also a public search for the contact agent.
After a long adventure, she manages to salvage a camouflage suit that is still fully functional.

Fallout4_Kapitel35_57.jpg.e6a900bcf8d4bb8e851b6833cb5ef9b2.jpg

Fallout4_Kapitel36_95.jpg.f694c8cbb30d037a7c336a98b38a0788.jpg

Another strand of adventure led them to a sect that worshiped a "Mother Punga" - but was actually run by a "brain" - that had the ability to send its thoughts directly into other people's heads.
Ultimately, it all ended up in a secret research facility

Fallout4_Kapitel39_31.jpg.3dc802c5bc4537ae9a03eedecc2fbef2.jpg

Fallout4_Kapitel38_143.jpg.48aeb7846f17129ef776945212eab6ed.jpg

After touring the secret underwater research facility, it was clear to Tomie - that the appearance of the Chinese spy submarine directly above the facility - had prompted a counterintelligence panic reaction...
..you had to come up with someone to blame as quickly as possible - in the end Tomie was "in the wrong place at the wrong time"

After 2 months, Tomie returned to the Vault and Ivy was overjoyed at the return of her beloved

Fallout4_Kapitel40_26.jpg.ea269ae9a0d3ca44b54b51188ae1c807.jpg

Spoiler

A lengthy "dirty talk" followed the greeting

Fallout4_Kapitel40_28.jpg.af7f71e7a3b0caaa49b3dbd09cd26357.jpg

But it didn't stop with "dirty words" - "dirty deeds" also followed

Fallout4_kapitel40_30.jpg.5892d3fecff32d93c55dc1bfa1420bdd.jpg

Fallout4_Kapitel40_36.jpg.cb3072277df3e05e3d13098786fec9b9.jpg

A first breath

Fallout4_Kapitel40_37.jpg.dabe8c3e0a25dbd5e2070f829c18b249.jpg

Change of position - Ivy shows what a cyborg girl can do with her partner

Fallout4_Kapitel40_38.jpg.0161fb0717daf2e0e897f6f539167745.jpg

Fallout4_Kapitel40_39.jpg.976d5c3f141695b20f80f85052f3cb18.jpg

Fallout4_Kapitel40_40.jpg.92bfee41260994feacd92a5e89b05733.jpg

finally cuddling together until you fall asleep

Fallout4_Kapitel40_45.jpg.b43f39d2d87010244ae8125b4674d292.jpg

So i spent most of my time that I was playing yesterday ordering ivy to attack enemies in the distance while I stayed back and waited but no luck lol. It's probably one tiny little mod that's screwing with everything. At this point I'll just keep playing and hope it happens eventually cause I'm pretty fatigued of trying to troubleshoot it. Amazing mod regardless.

51 minutes ago, webb71 said:

So i spent most of my time that I was playing yesterday ordering ivy to attack enemies in the distance while I stayed back and waited but no luck lol. It's probably one tiny little mod that's screwing with everything. At this point I'll just keep playing and hope it happens eventually cause I'm pretty fatigued of trying to troubleshoot it. Amazing mod regardless.

Got any mods that do anything with either Medtek or the Concord underground?

2 hours ago, webb71 said:

Not that I know of. I'll attach my load order in case you know something I don't.  

plugins.txt 6.68 kB · 1 download

Wellll fuck I think I found the issue smh. I found a bunch of loose ivy scripts from 2018 in my data folder. I don't remember ever trying this mod before, but I must have. Embarassing lol. I'll get rid of them and see if things work as intended. Assuming I need a new game again.

Small bug - not sure if it affects gameplay

Went to Hubris Comics for a second time on a radiant quest after visiting the first time to pick up a certain bobblehead.

The item had respawned at Hubris. Went back to my house in sanctuary where I had placed the item on a counter for display. It had disappeared.

O.o

Hey Reginald, just stopped by to say thank you for this amazing mod. Ivy is hands down the best companion I've ever played with in any game. You did a great job implementing all her behavior and dialog. I see why it took so long, damn, excellent writing and voice acting. Bravo! So I was poking around and saw the dialog for Dogmeat. Was that for the Kellogg quest? I found this mod, https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13459

Everything she says seems to work, it's pretty cool. Not sure if it was intended, but hell it just works. I've looked under the hood and see nothing that conflicts with Ivy. I've been testing for several hours and so far I see no issues. Could you confirm this? You know her best so if you see something that would cause a problem down the line please report back. I know everyone wants multiple followers with Ivy but I think she's fine on her own, although I do miss my lock picking whore Cait. Oh well just have to spend a couple extra perks. Party on yo and thank you again. Superb!!!

5 hours ago, jrock317 said:

Hey Reginald, just stopped by to say thank you for this amazing mod. Ivy is hands down the best companion I've ever played with in any game. You did a great job implementing all her behavior and dialog. I see why it took so long, damn, excellent writing and voice acting. Bravo! So I was poking around and saw the dialog for Dogmeat. Was that for the Kellogg quest? I found this mod, https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13459

Everything she says seems to work, it's pretty cool. Not sure if it was intended, but hell it just works. I've looked under the hood and see nothing that conflicts with Ivy. I've been testing for several hours and so far I see no issues. Could you confirm this? You know her best so if you see something that would cause a problem down the line please report back. I know everyone wants multiple followers with Ivy but I think she's fine on her own, although I do miss my lock picking whore Cait. Oh well just have to spend a couple extra perks. Party on yo and thank you again. Superb!!!

If you want a second companion, you can use Heather Casdin with Ivy since she doesn't take up a companion slot.

Edited by webb71
6 hours ago, jrock317 said:

She was created while I had that mod installed so yeah 100% compatible! :D

For picking up an extra vanilla companion you can hop over to Ivy's discord and pickup RAM-FM. It allows you to keep Ivy while for instance picking up ADA to finish her quest and you not have to dismiss Ivy.

3 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

She was created while I had that mod installed so yeah 100% compatible! :D

For picking up an extra vanilla companion you can hop over to Ivy's discord and pickup RAM-FM. It allows you to keep Ivy while for instance picking up ADA to finish her quest and you not have to dismiss Ivy.

Fuck yeah! I knew it! Lol! Genius.  Sweet man I'll hop over there and pick that up. Thank you again for this amazing companion.

1000's of us use multiple followers and it requires one follower framework or another - there are 3 primary choices: AFT, Liga of my Companions, UCF. We ALL cannot be wrong here - under no circumstances would I ever forgo using a follower framework - I use 6 followers including Ivy, Heather Casdin, and Darlene - I WAS using AFT, but then your mod threw up a spaz-attack about losing 1500 bits of dialogue and some actions, so I removed it - mid-game, YES - but I was not about to begin a new game just for your mod and lose 300 + saves-worth of game progress, so Sin Loi! Perhaps it is more reasonable than you think that is incumbent upon you to simply choose a follower framework and make us a patch for Ivy. What is NOT reasonable is to assume everyone would simply remove their follower framework mods just to support Ivy! Good of the many outweigh the good of the one.

When I eliminated AFT, I chose Liga of my Companions, and when I used the tester, AGAIN it said I couldn't use that one either, and I am pretty sure the same result will happen if I use UCF, and that's simply unacceptable! Normally I am very polite and respectful to mod authors, but this time around, this shit pisses me off because I am tired of sacrificing this or that important (to me!) mod for the sake of another single mod, when said mod's author could simply either create a patch so everyone can be happy with their respective load orders intact, or re-write your mod so that it WILL play well with the aforementioned frameworks.

Know that I am a 65 year old Marine Corps combat Veteran, am partially disabled, have a disease that is eating me alive from the inside, with not much time left on this planet, and about the only enjoyment I get out of life now is playing these stupid video games. For ONCE, I would just like a simple solution to an issue. And I am grouchy as hell - please forgive!

Thanx!

M.Daugherty

G/Sgt USMC - MARSOC Ret.

2 hours ago, DaughertyUSMC said:

So where does on find this mysterious multi-follower mod Ivy's author supposedly made?

Check the link to Reg's Discord in his signature.

The reason Ivy doesn't work with (most) multi-follower mods is because she uses a custom framework. Some of her functionality relies on not being restricted by the vanilla follower framework. 

I've been playing FO4 since release date, and the only multi-follower mod I've ever used is RAM-FM (the one created by Reginald to work with Ivy) and that has only been in the last year. Bethesda's follower AI is a horrific broken mess and I can't stand having more than one or two followers with me at any given time (typically Ivy and Heather, or Ivy and Piper. ) as they are constantly getting in the way. I can't think of the number of times I've been lining up a shot on an enemy and my follower chooses that moment to shove me off the building, or walk in front of me. 

Mod author's are not obligated to re-work their creations to satisfy the wants of a minority of players. If you can't play the game without a multi-follower mod that is going to break Ivy, then the choice is very simple - don't use Ivy.

It would take months of full-time work to rebuild Ivy to be compatible with just one multi-follower mod like AFT, work that would then have to be gone over with a fine-tooth comb if AFT got updated to ensure it continued to work properly.

Ivy represents years of painstaking work.

Enjoy her as she is, following the limitations set by the mod author, or don't use her.