4 hours ago, Tr_veller said:

Started the quest and Ivy is now acting like my psycho ex-girlfriend :D She's rocking up uninvited and causing arguments. Slightly more death and violence with Ivy though...

LOL!  Other players have reported that she just shows up after being dismissed.  I've never had that issue but I always dismiss her to a settlement that has NO physical connection to the Commonwealth at all.  IMHO, Portable Heaven (After Editing the Workshop to Prevent Attacks) is the BEST place to keep all my Ladies In Waiting. Portable World Space Settlement

On 9/12/2022 at 2:35 AM, WA1KER885 said:

Hello.

While playing game some Ivy replics suddenly became silent, with no voice. Any idea how to fix it?

When in doubt, use her controller holotape to reset her scenes.  There's also a "soft" and "hard" reset in there which may help.  Good luck!

P.S.  Oh, and joining Reg's Ivy League Discord is a much better way to get "real time" help with Ivy.  Just saying.

16 hours ago, MR.Hunter said:

a silly question ... can stop her from pissing all time -_- is annoying do in so much in 

Highly recommend you listen to Brad Paisley's "Waiting on a Woman."  Then check your timescale.  You CAN adjust that to anything you want.  It may be yours somehow became faster than the default of 20.  Whenever I roll I usually set mine to ONE, during dungeon crawls, which means actions and comments conditioned by time happen farther apart in my "play time."  You could look at her configuration holotape and see if anything about it is in there, but I don't remember anything off the top of my head.  She doesn't excuse herself in my game often enough for me to worry about it.  There may be something about this issue here:  https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/blog/1278-official-companion-ivy-60-support-development-blog/  Good luck!  Oh, and btw, patience is a virtue.  Just saying.

Is there any reason why Ivy ONLY uses melee combat? I've set her combat style to every other one and made sure she has suitable weaponry but she only punches now.

It seems to have started since I accidentally hit 'take all' when trading with her. I gave her everything back, but it's been off since then.

(wondering now if just rinse and repeat will fix it...)

4 hours ago, Tr_veller said:

Is there any reason why Ivy ONLY uses melee combat? I've set her combat style to every other one and made sure she has suitable weaponry but she only punches now.

It seems to have started since I accidentally hit 'take all' when trading with her. I gave her everything back, but it's been off since then.

(wondering now if just rinse and repeat will fix it...)

Go into her controller holotape and use the 'force handgun' option. She should switch back to her regular gun, after that you can equip her with other weaponry again. Also, go into the debug menu and do a light reset for good measure.

10 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Go into her controller holotape and use the 'force handgun' option. She should switch back to her regular gun, after that you can equip her with other weaponry again. Also, go into the debug menu and do a light reset for good measure.

Did both of them before posting :) 

I think she *may* have sorted herself out as I managed to finish her main quest line after posting the above and so far so good.

Bloody hard that bit at the end - useful tip: turn OFF the pip-boy light before starting!

<edit>
For those amongst us who AREN'T idiots (like me) the answer is:

When you inadvertently hit 'take all' and put everything back. Remember to add ammo for the guns.

<sigh>

Stop laughing... ?

Edited by Tr_veller
Worked out I am an idiot
On 10/1/2022 at 3:25 AM, Tr_veller said:

Did both of them before posting :) 

I think she *may* have sorted herself out as I managed to finish her main quest line after posting the above and so far so good.

Bloody hard that bit at the end - useful tip: turn OFF the pip-boy light before starting!

<edit>
For those amongst us who AREN'T idiots (like me) the answer is:

When you inadvertently hit 'take all' and put everything back. Remember to add ammo for the guns.

<sigh>

Stop laughing... ?

Well, been hesitating to admit this, but I've done the exact same thing with settlers that I'm equipping.  SO, to help with it, now I always give them the same caliber weapon, a lovely AKM which uses 7.62 and I use a personally modified .50 cal automatic sniper rifle.  That way if I see that I have a large amount of 7.62 in my inventory, I KNOW I've made a mistake.  I use a batch file to drop what I want into their inventories then, because I'm anal, I remove, then replace the ammo, just to make sure it, their Nuka Grenade and the AKM are equipped.  Sometimes, I forget to put the ammo back.......because, well, we can all be idiots on occasion.  Point of all this is....  YOU are NOT alone!

Edited by Tinman2u

This has probably been asked like a million times but what is the situation between the Ivy mod and extended dialogue interface? I'm looking all over the place and getting conflicting answers saying you need a special XDI patch, or the Ivy mod is completely compatible with XDI and no action is required. But damn everytime I start her up there's that 3 times prompt box popping up telling me there are issues, I can't help it but just start doubting myself so I just want to make complete sure. I'm ditching all follower related mods just so I can start a new game and experience this mod properly. 

I have a question regarding Ivy's synth detection abilities. I notice she can detect the Gen 1s and 2s we run into out and about, but can she detect the infiltrators hiding in my settlements? That would be awesome. She could take it upon her self and just off them outright ?

2 hours ago, gungho95 said:

I have a question regarding Ivy's synth detection abilities. I notice she can detect the Gen 1s and 2s we run into out and about, but can she detect the infiltrators hiding in my settlements? That would be awesome. She could take it upon her self and just off them outright ?

Actually you can too.. :D

Simply upgrade your perception, then choose the perk which allows you to see enemy stats. All settlers have 0 energy resistance but infiltrators have 15% energy resistance with regular settler clothes. Target your settlers and pick them off one by one if they're synths.

The problem is tho that other settlers won't know it's a synth so they'll engage you, which is also the issue with adding that feature to Ivy. ;)

Dear user - my problem is actually quite simple - but somehow I have difficulties today to solve things by simply thinking about them.

The day before yesterday I had cleaned up my body templates and switched to "cbbe 3bbb" - and at first the naked body unintentionally

selected the "never nude" option.

When correcting to "nude" I also unintentionally changed Ivy's settings - e.g. the bust size in her outfit has shrunk a lot.

How do I get back to the original setting now - without re-installation

*sighs*

3 hours ago, Miauzi said:

Dear user - my problem is actually quite simple - but somehow I have difficulties today to solve things by simply thinking about them.

The day before yesterday I had cleaned up my body templates and switched to "cbbe 3bbb" - and at first the naked body unintentionally

selected the "never nude" option.

When correcting to "nude" I also unintentionally changed Ivy's settings - e.g. the bust size in her outfit has shrunk a lot.

How do I get back to the original setting now - without re-installation

*sighs*

Unless you are using 'Unique Player' Ivy uses the same body you do. Go back into Bodyslide, select the Nude body option, select you preset, click Build.

All Females in the game (other than children) should now be using your preset body

Vor 53 Minuten sagte IBAGadget:

Sofern Sie nicht 'Unique Player' verwenden, verwendet Ivy denselben Körper wie Sie. Gehen Sie zurück zu Bodyslide, wählen Sie die Option Nude body, wählen Sie Ihre Voreinstellung aus und klicken Sie auf Build.

Alle Frauen im Spiel (außer Kindern) sollten jetzt Ihren voreingestellten Körper verwenden

Thanks for the answer

I'm now coming back to Fallout after a break of about 5 months and I'm redesigning it - old mods out and those

install new one for upcoming one.

Her answer brings back memories.

I had been using Ivy (6.0) as a companion since the day it came out.

The previous characters have always been curvy women - just like Ivy herself.

But the new character will be the sporty and slim type - so I have to think about it now

how I get my own different body present for my companions like Ivy.

So yes, I have templates - but how I now apply them to a single NPC is beyond my abilities.

I'm not exactly sure - but some users had made their own presents for Ivy and probably here too

provided in the thread.

your workaround would be to give her an outfit from a mod (e.g. the "Sirius" armor) - and make sure only she wears it

and

I link the meshes of this outfit to a fuller template in Bodyslide

so she's still as slim as me naked - but the sex scenes don't come until much later

Spoiler

Danke für die Antwort

ich komme jetzt nach ca. 5 Monaten Pause wieder zu Fallout zurück und bin es umzugestalten - alte Mods raus und die

neuen für den bevorstehenden installieren.

Durch ihre Antwort kommen die Erinnerungen wieder.

Ich hatte Ivy (6.0) seit dem Tag ihres  Erscheinens als Begleiterin verwendet.

Die bisherigen Char waren alle immer kurvige Frauen - ganz so wie Ivy selbst.

Der neue Char wird aber der sportliche und schlanke Typ sein - also muss ich mir jetzt Gedanken

machen wie ich für meine Begleiter wie Ivy ein eigenes davon abweichendes Körper-Present bekomme.

Also Vorlagen hätte ich ja - nur wie ich die jetzt auf einen einzelnen NPC anwende entzieht sich meinen Fähigkeiten.

Ich bin mir nicht ganz sicher - aber einige User hatten ihre eigenen Presente für Ivy gemacht und wohl auch hier

in dem tread zur Verfügung gestellt.

deine Zwischenlösung wäre es ihr ein Outfit aus einem Mod (z.B. die "Sirius"-Rüstung) zu geben - und sicher zu stellen das nur sie diese trägt

und

die Meshes dieses Outfit verknüpfe ich in Bodyslide mit einer fülligeren Vorlage

damit ist sie dann nackt immer noch so schmal wie ich - aber die Sex-Szenen kommen ja erst viel später

On 10/5/2022 at 8:15 AM, Wafflecopter said:

This has probably been asked like a million times but what is the situation between the Ivy mod and extended dialogue interface? I'm looking all over the place and getting conflicting answers saying you need a special XDI patch, or the Ivy mod is completely compatible with XDI and no action is required. But damn everytime I start her up there's that 3 times prompt box popping up telling me there are issues, I can't help it but just start doubting myself so I just want to make complete sure. I'm ditching all follower related mods just so I can start a new game and experience this mod properly. 

The XDI patch won't hurt anything but it isn't 100% necessary anymore.  I've been using it on two different save games without any issues.  It basically just affects the prompts as far as I can tell.  I also use Unlimited Companion Framework and RAM-FM with her and completed all her quests twice so far.  As long as she occupies the "Companion" alias slot, all her scenes and vanilla quest dialogue will play without any issues.  Just be sure to position her to your RIGHT before you sit in the chair in Nick Valentine's office so that her helpful "interruptions" don't lock the scene on you.  She will also head for the hills whenever she does her scene with Takahashi in Diamond City, SO, open the console and click on her before walking up to him and then whenever she starts walking away, open the console and type "moveto player" as many times as it takes to complete the scene.

13 hours ago, Miauzi said:

Thanks for the answer

I'm now coming back to Fallout after a break of about 5 months and I'm redesigning it - old mods out and those

install new one for upcoming one.

Her answer brings back memories.

I had been using Ivy (6.0) as a companion since the day it came out.

The previous characters have always been curvy women - just like Ivy herself.

But the new character will be the sporty and slim type - so I have to think about it now

how I get my own different body present for my companions like Ivy.

So yes, I have templates - but how I now apply them to a single NPC is beyond my abilities.

I'm not exactly sure - but some users had made their own presents for Ivy and probably here too

provided in the thread.

your workaround would be to give her an outfit from a mod (e.g. the "Sirius" armor) - and make sure only she wears it

and

I link the meshes of this outfit to a fuller template in Bodyslide

so she's still as slim as me naked - but the sex scenes don't come until much later

Reveal hidden contents

Danke für die Antwort

ich komme jetzt nach ca. 5 Monaten Pause wieder zu Fallout zurück und bin es umzugestalten - alte Mods raus und die

neuen für den bevorstehenden installieren.

Durch ihre Antwort kommen die Erinnerungen wieder.

Ich hatte Ivy (6.0) seit dem Tag ihres  Erscheinens als Begleiterin verwendet.

Die bisherigen Char waren alle immer kurvige Frauen - ganz so wie Ivy selbst.

Der neue Char wird aber der sportliche und schlanke Typ sein - also muss ich mir jetzt Gedanken

machen wie ich für meine Begleiter wie Ivy ein eigenes davon abweichendes Körper-Present bekomme.

Also Vorlagen hätte ich ja - nur wie ich die jetzt auf einen einzelnen NPC anwende entzieht sich meinen Fähigkeiten.

Ich bin mir nicht ganz sicher - aber einige User hatten ihre eigenen Presente für Ivy gemacht und wohl auch hier

in dem tread zur Verfügung gestellt.

deine Zwischenlösung wäre es ihr ein Outfit aus einem Mod (z.B. die "Sirius"-Rüstung) zu geben - und sicher zu stellen das nur sie diese trägt

und

die Meshes dieses Outfit verknüpfe ich in Bodyslide mit einer fülligeren Vorlage

damit ist sie dann nackt immer noch so schmal wie ich - aber die Sex-Szenen kommen ja erst viel später

It's true that right out of the box she uses the default body but there IS a skin for her in the mod that would use a unique body but the default hands.  This is where to put a unique body mesh:   Data\meshes\actors\character\char_ivy\FemaleBody.nif.  But you still need to use F04Edit to make an ESL patch to give her that skin.  There is already a mesh in the BSA that she would revert to by patching her to use the mod skin if you don't put your own in that folder.  The FemaleBody Mesh in the BSA is CBBE and appears to have physics enabled but probably not 3BBB.   BTW, her basic armor uses whatever meshes are in your data file, 3BBB enabled or not.  The "Mercy" armor is it's own mesh I believe and there are no bodyslides for it that I know of.  Her "spacesuit" also uses default meshes I believe.  You CAN use F04Edit to redirect that kind of thing if you know what you are doing.  Hope this helps you get her to be the way you want her.

Edited by Tinman2u
Vor 1 Stunde sagte Tinman2u:

Es ist wahr, dass sie von Anfang an den Standardkörper verwendet, aber in der Mod GIBT es einen Skin für sie, der einen einzigartigen Körper, aber die Standardhände verwendet. Hier fügen Sie ein einzigartiges Body-Mesh ein: Data\meshes\actors\character\char_ivy\FemaleBody.nif. Aber Sie müssen immer noch F04Edit verwenden, um einen ESL-Patch zu erstellen, um ihr diesen Skin zu geben. Es gibt bereits ein Mesh in der BSA, auf das sie zurückgreifen würde, indem sie sie so patcht, dass sie den Mod-Skin verwendet, wenn Sie nicht Ihren eigenen in diesen Ordner legen. Das FemaleBody Mesh in der BSA ist CBBE und scheint Physik aktiviert zu haben, aber wahrscheinlich nicht 3BBB. Übrigens, ihre Grundrüstung verwendet alle Meshes in Ihrer Datendatei, 3BBB aktiviert oder nicht. Die "Mercy"-Rüstung ist, glaube ich, ein eigenes Mesh und es gibt keine Bodyslides dafür, von denen ich weiß. Ihr "Raumanzug" verwendet meines Erachtens auch Standardnetze. Sie KÖNNEN F04Edit verwenden, um so etwas umzuleiten, wenn Sie wissen, was Sie tun. Ich hoffe, das hilft dir, sie so zu bekommen, wie du sie haben willst.

First of all, thank you for the information.

Since I do NOT know what I'm doing when using "FO4Edit" - this way -> is still out of the question for the time being

I will first deal with the system of the "'Unique Player" - I have selected some mods for it

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/33183?tab=description

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/53096?tab=description

If I'm correct, I can use this technique on companions as well

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26108

even if the learning phase may take a few weeks - I would like to take this step first

--

the background is -> I am preparing to create a "light novel" - in which the player is NOT Nora

and quite early meets Ivy, with whom she shares a similar (not the same) fate

it won't be a few weeks before I need Ivy's naked body for pictures - I can "cheat" until then

31 minutes ago, MilfSimmer said:

@Reginald_001 is there any option to have the quest complete when starting a new save ? 

From my point of view it is always better to start the game with a newly created character for such a complex mod

this causes the fewest problems overall

but you can also install the mod if you have already made significant game progress

but since Ivy's highly complex affinity system requires, among other things, visiting a large number of places (it gives information about the same, among other things)

this sometimes feels like a repetition of things that you have actually already done.

Yes - it works - I've successfully done this before - but I advise every new user of this mod to start with a new character.

I am also currently preparing such a new start - but my char does not come from vault 111 itself - but (through "alternative start" I start

near to (at the junkyard north-east of Sanctuary)

Spoiler

aus meiner Sicht ist es immer der bessere Weg bei solch einem komplexen Mod das Spiel mit einem neu erstellten Charakter zu starten

das bereitet insgesamt die wenigsten Probleme

aber man kann auch den Mod installieren wenn man schon einen beträchtlichen Spiel-Fortschritt erzielt hat

da aber für das hoch komplexe Affinitätssystem von Ivy unter anderem der Besuch einer Menge von Orten nötig ist (sie gibt u.a. Informationen zu selbigen)

kommt dies manchmal wie eine Wiederholung von Dingen vor die man ja eigentlich schon erledigt hat.

Ja - es geht - ich habe dies schon mal auf diese Art erfolgreich durchgezogen - aber ich rate jedem neuen Nutzer dieses Mods mit einem neuen Char anzufangen.

Auch ich bereite gerade einen solchen Neu-Start vor - aber mein Char kommt nicht aus dem Gewölbe 111 selbst - sondern (durch "alternativer Start" fange ich

in der Nähe an (auf dem Schrottplatz nord-östlich von Sanctuary)