Question before I try what looks to be a fun mod -

I use bodygen to randomize follower/NPC bodies, I use a library of about 40 different bodies. This means I have to manually overwrite the female body nif of a follower mod with my zeroed sliders female body nif or outfits simply don't fit.

Is IVY's nif in a loose file or stuck in an archive?

Thanks

You will find the body mesh in her mod. She doesn't use it. She'll use whatever standard body mesh and textures you install for your overall game.

However, I advise against using mods that will reduce her body mesh scale. (setscale) It will break her and this is by design.

Edited by ScroodPooch
3 hours ago, ScroodPooch said:

You will find the body mesh in her mod. She doesn't use it. She'll use whatever standard body mesh and textures you install for your overall game.

However, I advise against using mods that will reduce her body mesh scale. (setscale) It will break her and this is by design.

Thank you so much for the prompt reply.

No mesh scale changes. Just basic bodyslide files.

Now to just grab her game ID and assign a body.... busty or slender.....hmmm

11 hours ago, Newdom21 said:

For some strange reason the suitcase containing the voucher won't spawn and the radio station isn't working either any ideas?

I have had this same thing happen to me twice before. For some reason, I got down to the water and never triggered her quest. (And the radio channel) I had just assumed that if the quest doesn't start, the voucher doesn't spawn in the suitcase. In both instances, I went back to the starting point at the Vault entrance and retraced my steps.  I leave the area through the same path I came in through in the tutorial. Coming down the path somewhere across that little wooden footbridge, triggered WIVS Radio. Once I was able to listen to her orgasmic countdown, her quest triggered and was able to claim the voucher.

EDIT:

It also may be possible to speak to her 1st. I think (Don't hold me to this though) if you speak to her, she'll give you the quest to go find the voucher.

Edited by ScroodPooch
12 hours ago, Ophiucus68 said:

Thank you so much for the prompt reply.

No mesh scale changes. Just basic bodyslide files.

Now to just grab her game ID and assign a body.... busty or slender.....hmmm

slm xx029720

There's a mod in the Ivy's discord channel that lets you use some of the game's original artwork as looksmenu body tattoos.

PK.png.4a6201ace972f011c6f1e890ef9c54b0.png

Edited by ScroodPooch
6 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Sounds like the mod isn't active. Recheck your install.

Here's the weird thing she was in the basement. However I was using version 4 not version 6.  For Version 6 I completely restarted the game with a new safe file but I couldn't seem to get to work at all.

Edited by Newdom21
3 hours ago, Newdom21 said:

Here's the weird thing she was in the basement. However I was using version 4 not version 6.  For Version 6 I completely restarted the game with a new safe file but I couldn't seem to get to work at all.

And you completely removed all trace of Version 4?

The basement for Ivy 6.0 is also in a completely different place from earlier versions, so if you are looking in the Sanctuary Cellar, you won't find her.

38 minutes ago, IBAGadget said:

And you completely removed all trace of Version 4?

The basement for Ivy 6.0 is also in a completely different place from earlier versions, so if you are looking in the Sanctuary Cellar, you won't find her.

The only traces left of v4 are the fact that it says that its uninstalled. With v6 even the radio station is not showing up any ideas?

On 12/4/2022 at 5:28 PM, supercaca said:

PANPC and PACE patches somewhere?

I have both mods installed and Ivy literally dont shoot.

Not a single prob.., so far.... BTW I think you maybe should ask them (author) about any issues.... They say Heather is fully comp., but it (mod - not Heather) has flaws with certain mods.... Ivy was in long term AFAIK.... check their discord

Edited by freebountyhunter
3 hours ago, freebountyhunter said:

Not a single prob.., so far.... BTW I think you maybe should ask them (author) about any issues.... They say Heather is fully comp., but it (mod - not Heather) has flaws with certain mods.... Ivy was in long term AFAIK.... check their discord

There is a fundamental difference in the way these 2 followers function. Heather has a custom framework, unique to Heather created by Llama that has nothing to do with the Fallout 4 vanilla follower framework. The game engine doesn't see her as a follower. Which is why you can have Heather as a follower at the same time you have Piper. Ivy, for all her features, still fit's squarely into the standard vanilla follower framework in the game. So if you recruit her and then another (Without Reg's RAMFM Mod) Ivy will be dismissed as per normal. In terms of combat, Fallout 4 sees Ivy exactly the same way it sees, Hancock, Piper or Cait. If there are problems with combat. My 1st guess would be an issue with other mods.

Edited by ScroodPooch

Still finding new dialogue with Ivy, months after using her in game. That's insane.

I've only thought of one thing that I think could make her better. That's her having dialogue based on AAF events she's part of. That would be the icing, on the icing, on the cake.

Thank you for an incredible mod, Reginald. She's the only reason I'm still playing Fallout 4.

Edited by Deepfreeze

Question about the magazine add-on -

I noticed that the 72 magazines all have a normal resolution dds but there is just a Picket Fences hi-res file. Does this mean that the mags all show the Picket Fences when picked up?

I'm asking because I modded all the mags and comics in the vanilla game and planned to do the same for Ivy. The old adult covers are a fun idea but I wanted to keep the style from my other mod.

On 12/5/2022 at 6:27 AM, ScroodPooch said:

slm xx029720

There's a mod in the Ivy's discord channel that lets you use some of the game's original artwork as looksmenu body tattoos.

PK.png.4a6201ace972f011c6f1e890ef9c54b0.png

Thanks, but I'm using bodygen and that means looking into the mod for her actor ID, which is 0803.

Didn't get it to recognize the body assignment though, I'm going to play with it again next run through. Looksmenu worked fine for now.

(Yep, another multiple companion question)

I seem to have read a post stating Heather works with Ivy because Heather doesn't use the vanilla companion framework.

Now, I also use Casey (WRVR) and Ellen (the cartographer). Are they in the vanilla framework?

BTW - I've always used the Unlimited Companion Framework but am doing IVY as a solo run through right now.

On 12/4/2022 at 7:04 PM, Newdom21 said:

For some strange reason the suitcase containing the voucher won't spawn and the radio station isn't working either any ideas?

Yeah. Likewise. I've downloaded the CompanionIvy, IvyTextures, and IvyNuka. I've put all the files into the Fallout4 Data folder, and it's not working. No raodio, no luggage, no root cellar. and when I pull up my mod list in game it shows that the mod is there, but it's not active with no way for me to activate it.

I'm fairly new to adding mods and such, and I'm fairly sure I'm missing something simple. Anyone care to point to what it is that I'm missing so that I can run this mod?

Many thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, psiberdragon said:

Yeah. Likewise. I've downloaded the CompanionIvy, IvyTextures, and IvyNuka. I've put all the files into the Fallout4 Data folder, and it's not working. No raodio, no luggage, no root cellar. and when I pull up my mod list in game it shows that the mod is there, but it's not active with no way for me to activate it.

I'm fairly new to adding mods and such, and I'm fairly sure I'm missing something simple. Anyone care to point to what it is that I'm missing so that I can run this mod?

Many thanks in advance.

You need to use a mod manager like Vortex or Mod Organizer 2 to install your mods. The in-game 'mod manager' only works for mods downloaded from Bethnet.

Ivy isn't working, because the .esp hasn't been enabled

2 hours ago, IBAGadget said:

You need to use a mod manager like Vortex or Mod Organizer 2 to install your mods. The in-game 'mod manager' only works for mods downloaded from Bethnet.

Ivy isn't working, because the .esp hasn't been enabled

I use Vortex, and so downloaded everything into the Vortex folder. I enabled the mod under the Vortex, but it's not working. Unlike the other couple of mods I have, there was not an option to download and install it under Vortex, so I placed it in the Vortex mods folder...

image.png.5d435207ea5126079e40b49abd2f5e3f.png

As stated, I'm new at adding mods. Especially with those that can't/won't be installed via mod manager. After  downloading the data folder, do I need to install each different sub-folder into its own area, or keep it as Ivy Companion for Vortex Mods?

My apologies for not quite understanding, but almost every other mod I've installed has been from Nexus  and a direct load into Vortex for installation and most of them work. I'd really like to put this into play because I've seen that it's one of the best companion mods out there.

I'm still fairly sure I'm missing something that should be fairly obvious...

As seen below, the mods are there... just not activated, and I'm scratching my head why not...

image.png.325b464555e158da4d92886a129a4352.pngimage.png.4b3a67b153a7edbf369dadff24fc8e40.png

Edited by psiberdragon
2 hours ago, psiberdragon said:

I use Vortex, and so downloaded everything into the Vortex folder. I enabled the mod under the Vortex, but it's not working. Unlike the other couple of mods I have, there was not an option to download and install it under Vortex, so I placed it in the Vortex mods folder...

image.png.5d435207ea5126079e40b49abd2f5e3f.png

As stated, I'm new at adding mods. Especially with those that can't/won't be installed via mod manager. After  downloading the data folder, do I need to install each different sub-folder into its own area, or keep it as Ivy Companion for Vortex Mods?

My apologies for not quite understanding, but almost every other mod I've installed has been from Nexus  and a direct load into Vortex for installation and most of them work. I'd really like to put this into play because I've seen that it's one of the best companion mods out there.

I'm still fairly sure I'm missing something that should be fairly obvious...

As seen below, the mods are there... just not activated, and I'm scratching my head why not...

image.png.325b464555e158da4d92886a129a4352.pngimage.png.4b3a67b153a7edbf369dadff24fc8e40.png

Installing Non-Nexus mods with Vortex is simplicity itself.

Step one: Create a mod storage folder somewhere on your HD. I have folders called Fallout 4 Mods, Skyrim Mod Storage, etc...

Step two (optional, but highly recommended): Create subfolders in this folder for the different types of mod (clothing, weapons, followers, quests, utilities, etc....

Step three: download the mod you want off the internet

Step four: highlight the mod that is now in your Downloads folder - right click on it - cut

Step five: navigate to the appropriate folder in your mod storage - right click in that folder - paste

Open Vortex

Select the appropriate game

Open the Mods tab

top left of the mods tab you will see a button marked 'Install from File'

Click that - navigate to the folder you have the mod in

Double click on the mod

Vortex will now install the file in your game folder

when the green message comes up in the right corner of vortex, click 'Enable'

click Deploy Mods

vortex will automatically sort your plugins using LOOT (as long as you have Autosort Enabled on the Plugins tab)

Launch your game with the F4SE button on the Dashboard of Vortex

Needless to say, if you don't have F4SE installed correctly, your mods that are managed by Vortex won't work

Be sure that you have all the pre-requisites for the mods you want to use installed - some utilities require manual installation, but they will tell you how to do that.

for the love of all that is holy, do not use the in-game mod manager - it will screw up your game. 99% of the time, any mod you can find on Bethnet for PC, you can find it elsewhere that won't require Bethesda's buggy ass in-game mod tool.