13 hours ago, IBAGadget said:

what I find interesting with Ivy is when you are going through the last segment of Automatron (using RAM-FM to have an M-SAT equipped robot with you) is that you can't interact with the door sensors normally anymore. You have to command your robot to inspect the port, but then it's Ivy that goes over and scans the port to open the security doors.

I haven't checked to see whether an M-SAT equipped bot is actually necessary if you have Ivy with you, but.....

It's definitely an interesting scenario.

It's actually a known issue that happens to all followers that you take with you during that quest. It gets weird when Piper or Dogmeat start scanning the thing. :D

Edited by Reginald_001
13 hours ago, IBAGadget said:

what I find interesting with Ivy is when you are going through the last segment of Automatron (using RAM-FM to have an M-SAT equipped robot with you) is that you can't interact with the door sensors normally anymore. You have to command your robot to inspect the port, but then it's Ivy that goes over and scans the port to open the security doors.

I haven't checked to see whether an M-SAT equipped bot is actually necessary if you have Ivy with you, but.....

It's definitely an interesting scenario.

That's actually a long standing game glitch caused by multiple follower mods.   If you had dismissed Ivy to a settlement and then installed the M-Sat with Ada as your primary follower, then she would be the one having the ability to open the doors.  The game 'installs' the function on the Primary follower every time, no matter who it is.

Oops.......already answered.  Need coffeee.

Edited by Tinman2u

I've played Fallout with Ivy 4, 5, and 6. I just wanted to say thank you to Reginald_001. Ivy is, by a very wide margin, the best companion character I've ever had in any game. I find myself thinking about a new mod mix for another Fallout 4 play through. Change some things up to make it interesting since I've played the game so many times. But the real reason for another play through? To spend time with Ivy. She is amazing.

Reginald, I don't know what your career or background is. But if I ran Bethesda, or was in charge of Fallout 5, I would do whatever was necessary to bring you on board. I realize Ivy is unique and set in the Fallout 4 universe. But she's all the resume you would need. Again, thank you for developing Ivy.

On 8/12/2022 at 9:05 AM, CatAndWand said:

Love the base game content, hate the nuka world content

Wish I never played 6.0, 5.3 was perfect, Ivy was perfect, her story was perfect, should've just stopped right there.

Don't mean to gang up on you, everyone is entitled to their opinion...but I loved the Nuka World content. Stein's Construct was admittedly stressful. I tend to end up with over powered characters and your gut reaction is to rip everything apart to save her. (You should see how I play when Ivy goes down and needs a stimpak.) I had to restart that part a few times, slow down, and pay attention. But the payoff was worth it.

I loved her other content in Nuka World. Hearing her comments in Nuka Galaxy and Grandchester Mystery Mansion was pure gold.

On 8/13/2022 at 3:25 AM, Tr_veller said:

Dude, she loves you. She'll protect you... dismissed or not.

There's no way around this, is there? It get's a bit too crowded sometimes. Otherwise I love Ivy and I think this is the best companion mod ever made!

On 8/11/2022 at 1:30 AM, Im_The_Real_Deal said:

There's a bug where after I dismissed her to do another companions quest. Ivy kept teleporting back to me and attacking enemies. No matter where I went. Didn't bother me much but may bother some players.

When I ran into that I discovered that I had to explicitly dismiss Ivy first, THEN get the other companion. If I just got the other companion, Ivy was never truly dismissed and would teleport to me constantly.

4 hours ago, riscpower603e said:

When I ran into that I discovered that I had to explicitly dismiss Ivy first, THEN get the other companion. If I just got the other companion, Ivy was never truly dismissed and would teleport to me constantly.

Yeah I tried that out of curiosity a while back and it worked the same for me. Although I generally still let her follow me in the rare chance I'm not using her lol.

19 hours ago, green_03 said:

There's no way around this, is there? It get's a bit too crowded sometimes. Otherwise I love Ivy and I think this is the best companion mod ever made!

There is. Answer was posted a few posts higher. Simply turn off Ivy's teleportation in the controller holotape.

Finished Ivy's final quest and it was awesome. Crazy the work that went into this. So much better now then the 4.0 version I used years ago. Which was already pretty good.

After teleporting back out from the final quest, my character now runs super fast like the flash.

Edit: Reloading my save fixed it. Figured people may want to be aware of this though so they don't panic.

Edited by Im_The_Real_Deal

First time trying out this companion, and really impressive with the way you integrated her into the story quests in a way that makes it seem seamless. I really got a kick out of her chasing Marcy away, that was priceless.

I like the hyper combat but she has on occasion done it close to me so getting dosed with rads. 

The only thing that seems a bit off, is she is talking about sex with you right from start almost, yet she has a affinity system that unlocks stuff later I am assuming. To me, I would lock the crazy sex talk behind that, like have her sex routines locked behind quests like the affinity so she isn't talking about you and her having sex before you unlock the ability to have sex with her. 

Also trying to figure out why the king pelican story is popping up for memory, but maybe time will tell.

Great work and great character, haven't touched another follower yet because I want to see her full reactions to places, but I will have to set her aside for some quests later. Actually will miss her when not with me.

4 hours ago, Lochar said:

The only thing that seems a bit off, is she is talking about sex with you right from start almost, yet she has a affinity system that unlocks stuff later I am assuming. To me, I would lock the crazy sex talk behind that, like have her sex routines locked behind quests like the affinity so she isn't talking about you and her having sex before you unlock the ability to have sex with her. 

You unlock dirty talk as time progresses, but you are still her redeemer and primary customer. She's your sexbot, so everytime you sleep when she is close, you have sex 'off camera' essentially.

Also trying to figure out why the king pelican story is popping up for memory, but maybe time will tell.

Time will indeed tell. It's a very interesting and well crafted story

Great work and great character, haven't touched another follower yet because I want to see her full reactions to places, but I will have to set her aside for some quests later. Actually will miss her when not with me.

Get Reg's RAM-FM companion mod and you can then grab the vanilla companions to take with you and Ivy so that you can rank up your affinity with them and unlock their quests and perks as well without having to leave Ivy behind. She also has some reactions and dialogue about the vanilla companions that you don't want to miss out on. 

12 hours ago, Lochar said:

First time trying out this companion, and really impressive with the way you integrated her into the story quests in a way that makes it seem seamless. I really got a kick out of her chasing Marcy away, that was priceless.

I like the hyper combat but she has on occasion done it close to me so getting dosed with rads. 

Everything you ever wanted to know but were afraid to ask.  AND.....https://discord.com/invite/official-companion-ivy

Quasi real time answers to your most pressing Companion Ivy questions. 

Without resort to third party applications (AAF) there is no way to animate the assumed immediate physical relationship with Ivy and the PC and not create a TON of extra mod requirements.  The after sleeping near her "pillow talk" is supposed to set the stage for what "must" have happened between Ivy and the PC during the night.   Immersive Lover's Embrace Remastered with the LL patch can totally FILL that gap.  https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21040 AND

Trust me, whenever we got to Bunker Hill and Ivy suggested we use the Tower to our intimate advantage, I was more than a bit disappointed that she had NO specific dialogue whatsoever to make that idea a reality after we ascended all those steps EXCEPT for the Flirt Seven Times Till Fade 2 Black of course.  SOLVED -

I didn't even get an "Ivy likes this place" message.  BUT.......luckily AAF came to the rescue and there is NO doubt in my mind our time there was well spent.   Recommend moving the table to the center and increasing its scale to 1.0, then slide the chair over a bit to the left and drop that lantern to the ground.  Gotta admit ONE of us actually fell out the window during the event, but nobody actually died.  BONUS!

Edited by Tinman2u
On 8/20/2022 at 1:58 PM, riscpower603e said:

Been experimenting with this a bit.  You don't need to totally dismiss Ivy to do a vanilla companion's quest, you just need to move Ivy to the #2 companion slot, using RAM-FM.

I've found that if you keep Ivy in the first slot (hire her in the vanilla fashion) then hire a vanilla companion using RAM, the vanilla companion gets very little (if any) affinity when you get the "(Companion) loved that" box appears...best way around that is this:

Dismiss Ivy, but keep her close. Hire the vanilla companion through the usual fashion, through dialog. Hire Ivy using RAM-FM, placing her in the #2 companion slot.

This is best done after you've finished all of Ivy's content as she's not gonna gain much affinity this way.

Keeping Ivy in the #1 slot and hiring Nick Valentine for Far Harbor (I always do this as I feel FH is Nick's story as much as anybody's...plus you can't get "December's Child" without him there), I was never able to finish Nick's companion quest until long after all of the FH content was finished as I was waiting on Nick to gain enough affinity...switching them around (Nick as #1 companion, Ivy as #2), Nick was asking about Eddie's tapes about 1/3 of the way through Far Harbor.

19 hours ago, IBAGadget said:

You unlock dirty talk as time progresses, but you are still her redeemer and primary customer. She's your sexbot, so everytime you sleep when she is close, you have sex 'off camera' essentially.

Time will indeed tell. It's a very interesting and well crafted story

Get Reg's RAM-FM companion mod and you can then grab the vanilla companions to take with you and Ivy so that you can rank up your affinity with them and unlock their quests and perks as well without having to leave Ivy behind. She also has some reactions and dialogue about the vanilla companions that you don't want to miss out on. 

Does this conflict with Heather Casdin? I have always like that companion as she never took up a companion slot, but will check it out. Oh and yeah I progressed and you were correct, I normally skip alot of the dialogue but got to point where unlocked alot of her pysche and read that whole thing, was very good story.

My only concern now without spoiling it is when I get to a certain point that I do not want to save the father, and will have to see how that affects her.

11 hours ago, Tinman2u said:

Everything you ever wanted to know but were afraid to ask.  AND.....https://discord.com/invite/official-companion-ivy

Quasi real time answers to your most pressing Companion Ivy questions. 

Without resort to third party applications (AAF) there is no way to animate the assumed immediate physical relationship with Ivy and the PC and not create a TON of extra mod requirements.  The after sleeping near her "pillow talk" is supposed to set the stage for what "must" have happened between Ivy and the PC during the night.   Immersive Lover's Embrace Remastered with the LL patch can totally FILL that gap.  https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21040 AND

Trust me, whenever we got to Bunker Hill and Ivy suggested we use the Tower to our intimate advantage, I was more than a bit disappointed that she had NO specific dialogue whatsoever to make that idea a reality after we ascended all those steps EXCEPT for the Flirt Seven Times Till Fade 2 Black of course.  SOLVED -

I didn't even get an "Ivy likes this place" message.  BUT.......luckily AAF came to the rescue and there is NO doubt in my mind our time there was well spent.   Recommend moving the table to the center and increasing its scale to 1.0, then slide the chair over a bit to the left and drop that lantern to the ground.  Gotta admit ONE of us actually fell out the window during the event, but nobody actually died.  BONUS!

I had the Immersive lovers but since most was fade to black I stopped using, missed the patch that intergrated that so thanks for that link.

Right now have Morning Sex with Lover, but not sure why isnt triggering with her

I couldn't help but notice that there were a few quests Ivy did not have diologue in. Ones that vanilla companions do. Two I remember were Kid in a fridge and the Abernathy quest to get the locket. Serious potential for humor in those.

I hope one day she will have diologue for every single quest.

Edited by Im_The_Real_Deal
7 hours ago, Lochar said:

Does this conflict with Heather Casdin? I have always like that companion as she never took up a companion slot, but will check it out. Oh and yeah I progressed and you were correct, I normally skip alot of the dialogue but got to point where unlocked alot of her pysche and read that whole thing, was very good story.

My only concern now without spoiling it is when I get to a certain point that I do not want to save the father, and will have to see how that affects her.

Does not conflict with Heather. Heather still doesn't take up a companion slot, so you can grab her with Ivy with no issues.

Similarly, Valkyrie from the Outcasts and Remnants mod also doesn't take up a slot, so that gives you another companion you can have tagging along.

Use RAM-FM, and you can get a Vanilla companion (like Piper, my personal favourite) and you could be running around the Commonwealth with a posse of 4 hot chicks.

34 minutes ago, IBAGadget said:

Does not conflict with Heather. Heather still doesn't take up a companion slot, so you can grab her with Ivy with no issues.

Similarly, Valkyrie from the Outcasts and Remnants mod also doesn't take up a slot, so that gives you another companion you can have tagging along.

Use RAM-FM, and you can get a Vanilla companion (like Piper, my personal favourite) and you could be running around the Commonwealth with a posse of 4 hot chicks.

Thanks, someone mentioned RAM-FM so nabbed it, wish found that mod before, but then I never tried ivy so missed out on a few things. 

BTW is it normal she stops giving cash for radio? I am not sure if missed a convo where she isnt doing it anymore after reaching a certain point with me.

2 hours ago, Lochar said:

Thanks, someone mentioned RAM-FM so nabbed it, wish found that mod before, but then I never tried ivy so missed out on a few things. 

BTW is it normal she stops giving cash for radio? I am not sure if missed a convo where she isnt doing it anymore after reaching a certain point with me.

Is Prostitution set to ON?  That's where the actual money comes from because of the radio "advertising" her services.  Even if you turn Prostitution OFF, the radio announcements which do the advertising will continue to play offering her services unless you patch them yourself with the appropriate condition to keep them from playing with Prostitution OFF.

10 hours ago, Lochar said:

I had the Immersive lovers but since most was fade to black I stopped using, missed the patch that intergrated that so thanks for that link.

Right now have Morning Sex with Lover, but not sure why isnt triggering with her

I guess there is a Patch for it that you have to have.  Never used it so I'm just going off what I have seen posted on the Ivy Discord channel.

10 hours ago, Lochar said:

Odd glitch or bug or oddity I have noticed with Ivy. During our travels she is auto looting guns, and while it wouldnt be bad if she found an upgrade, she is using inferior weapons sometimes, like pipe guns, unsure why.

That's a new one on me.  Probably never saw that because I gave her a pretty OP AKM which IMHO she looks better carrying around.  There IS a ForceEquip her Hand Cannon option in her Settings Holotape.