19 hours ago, Tinman2u said:

Is Prostitution set to ON?  That's where the actual money comes from because of the radio "advertising" her services.  Even if you turn Prostitution OFF, the radio announcements which do the advertising will continue to play offering her services unless you patch them yourself with the appropriate condition to keep them from playing with Prostitution OFF.

It should be, when talk to her for service menu the option is there to turn OFF, so I would assume its on. I also drop a radio when grab a new settlement. I just wasn't sure after certain affinity she stops doing that.

Also she longer accepts gum or sugar bombs, and I did verify pros is on, turned off and she says she will stop getting money and turned back on. I am not sure if this is a side affect of the RAM-FM mod or something else.

Edited by Lochar

First time user, im aware that she shouldnt be in the same load order as AFT, but how about LIGA, i prefer to have multiple companion instead of just her and dogmeat, just didnt fit my playstyle, i need 4+ companion with me at all and any time, it just a neccesity with all the overhaul and difficulty mod i got + i dont buy the Lone Wanderer thing. From what i read, multi follower mod seems to put her off the "1st companion slot" thingy which could possibly be avoid by put her below LIGA ? Assume she already have unlimited ammo intergrated .

Also how "script heavy" is Ivy suppose to be, i do have SS2 chapter 1 + 2 up and running, is she gonna have tons of script running the whole time she travel with me, during speeches and combat alike ? how intensive is it,am i gonna get script lag and delay everywhere now? , i didnt know companion can be " script heavy", what kind of special feature does she have , i have Heather and Darlene as well.

IF some experience user who have use Ivy along with Heather, Darlene , SS2 and even multi companion mod like LIGA could give me some insight, i would be eternally grateful, thank you.

32 minutes ago, mitsumidi said:

First time user, im aware that she shouldnt be in the same load order as AFT, but how about LIGA, i prefer to have multiple companion instead of just her and dogmeat, just didnt fit my playstyle, i need 4+ companion with me at all and any time, it just a neccesity with all the overhaul and difficulty mod i got + i dont buy the Lone Wanderer thing. From what i read, multi follower mod seems to put her off the "1st companion slot" thingy which could possibly be avoid by put her below LIGA ? Assume she already have unlimited ammo intergrated .

Also how "script heavy" is Ivy suppose to be, i do have SS2 chapter 1 + 2 up and running, is she gonna have tons of script running the whole time she travel with me, during speeches and combat alike ? how intensive is it,am i gonna get script lag and delay everywhere now? , i didnt know companion can be " script heavy", what kind of special feature does she have , i have Heather and Darlene as well.

IF some experience user who have use Ivy along with Heather, Darlene , SS2 and even multi companion mod like LIGA could give me some insight, i would be eternally grateful, thank you.

I remember this issue came up before, And as I recall, there was an issue with LIGUA, I just can't recall what it was.

Honestly, the best mod for multiple followers is Reg's Awesome Multi-Follower Mod available in Ivy's Discord channel. It's limited in how many followers you can take in that it gives you one more follower slot for any other vanilla follower. I use it for Ada, But there are no scripts and no conflicts. It does not interfere with other followers who don't use a standard slot like Heather Casdin, So, With that mod, I was running around with Dog Meat, Ivy, Piper, heather and darryl. So I didn't feel limited at all.

22 hours ago, MrGrey said:

Any way to shut off the hypercombat? It's way over powered. I like to shoot people, you know, and it's always over before I get to take aim.

The NX-2C Controller holotape is your friend. Read it, use it, live it, understand it.

On 8/26/2022 at 8:14 AM, ScroodPooch said:

I remember this issue came up before, And as I recall, there was an issue with LIGUA, I just can't recall what it was.

Honestly, the best mod for multiple followers is Reg's Awesome Multi-Follower Mod available in Ivy's Discord channel. It's limited in how many followers you can take in that it gives you one more follower slot for any other vanilla follower. I use it for Ada, But there are no scripts and no conflicts. It does not interfere with other followers who don't use a standard slot like Heather Casdin, So, With that mod, I was running around with Dog Meat, Ivy, Piper, heather and darryl. So I didn't feel limited at all.

Thank you for the tips, tho im not sure i wanna unistall LIGA mid game, i decided to try her anyway alongside Heather and Darlene,dismiss other companion she seems to talk alot so i guess tis ok for now? 1 more thing is that i cant seems to get her to use my weapon, did she have unlimited ammo intergrated, put her combat style onto melee or tank cant remember, equip her with a remington 700 and shotgun shell be she keep using the vanilla revolver when we engage in combat.

Edit: Nvm it seems that she just hate the Remington for some reason, she can use other modded weapon, tho she did use up the grenades i gave her for some reason.

Edited by mitsumidi
11 hours ago, mitsumidi said:

Thank you for the tips, tho im not sure i wanna unistall LIGA mid game, i decided to try her anyway alongside Heather and Darlene,dismiss other companion she seems to talk alot so i guess tis ok for now? 1 more thing is that i cant seems to get her to use my weapon, did she have unlimited ammo intergrated, put her combat style onto melee or tank cant remember, equip her with a remington 700 and shotgun shell be she keep using the vanilla revolver when we engage in combat.

Edit: Nvm it seems that she just hate the Remington for some reason, she can use other modded weapon, tho she did use up the grenades i gave her for some reason.

The Mod Author has his own version of AFT that is supposed to work better with IVY, RAM-FM. I am currently using it and I have SS2 as well. It technically allows for 1 companion to be recruited via normal methods and another thru a holotape, plus if you have the everyones best friend you can also have dogmeat. There is a 3rd option to recruit anyone but can be messy if recruit a mission person or someone needed for a mission or what not.

Just something I'm curious about.

I have "Commonwealth Captives" installed, which lets you have a former captive along as a companion.  The game still treats them as "Settlers", and Ivy has random dialog for them...she'll say to the player something along the lines of "Hold up a sec, love; I wanted to chat with her." and then she says some lines to the Settler character.

One of these lines is something like: "My owner is being an asshole today, so you'll get it for free..." (NOT a direct quote...pulling this from memory)...I don't recall being an asshole to her, thankyouverymuchly (lol).  When I hear this, it makes me wonder if I'm not paying her enough attention or something.  Am I reading too much into this?

Edited by TolstoyTony6265
1 hour ago, TolstoyTony6265 said:

I have "Commonwealth Captives" installed, which lets you have a former captive along as a companion.  The game still treats them as "Settlers", and Ivy has random dialog for them...she'll say to the player something along the lines of "Hold up a sec, love; I wanted to chat with her." and then she says some lines to the Settler character.

One of these lines is something like: "My owner is being an asshole today, so you'll get it for free..." (NOT a direct quote...pulling this from memory)...I don't recall being an asshole to her, thankyouverymuchly (lol).  When I hear this, it makes me wonder if I'm not paying her enough attention or something.  Am I reading too much into this?

Perhaps ask her about your relationship status, she might give a clue to what's wrong?

2 hours ago, TolstoyTony6265 said:

I have had that issue also with her affinity maxed and NO irritation variable active until I went in and patched the conditions whereby that particular dialogue occurs to match the other one which may play at a certain irritation level.  You could chalk it up to Ivy actually being sentient, but at the end of the day, I think if she runs out of random things to say the game will force something else to play.  Not 100% sure about that, but I haven't had that issue since I patched the conditions.  Use F04Edit to take a look at them and you will see what I mean.  Good luck! 

10 hours ago, Tinman2u said:

I have had that issue also with her affinity maxed and NO irritation variable active until I went in and patched the conditions whereby that particular dialogue occurs to match the other one which may play at a certain irritation level.  You could chalk it up to Ivy actually being sentient, but at the end of the day, I think if she runs out of random things to say the game will force something else to play.  Not 100% sure about that, but I haven't had that issue since I patched the conditions.  Use F04Edit to take a look at them and you will see what I mean.  Good luck! 

Patching conditions is a tad bit above my skill level with FO4Edit, I'm afraid.  :P I think what you mentioned about "random things to say" works as I'm beyond multiple hours into the play with maxed affinity when it happens.  I'm just gonna chalk it up to "random things" and leave it at that.  :)

11 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Perhaps ask her about your relationship status, she might give a clue to what's wrong?

This happens on a character with maxed out affinity, and she gives the speech with "I know I'm a virtual construct, but I'm real, too" in it when I ask her about our relationship.  We've ran the entirety of NukaWorld and "Stein's Construct" is complete (and I didn't even have to adjust anything to complete it and keep her to boot!  :) )  She's declared undying love to me. 

Just had it happen before I came here to write this...that's how I remembered to stop back.  :P  That particular line ("My Owner's being an asshole", etc)  doesn't show up in the on-screen captions, by the way...well, it didn't this particular time at least.

Hope I don't sound like I'm complaining or anything...it's a REALLY trivial thing that I was just curious about; not game-breaking in the slightest.  :)

On 8/27/2022 at 10:23 PM, Lochar said:

The Mod Author has his own version of AFT that is supposed to work better with IVY, RAM-FM. I am currently using it and I have SS2 as well. It technically allows for 1 companion to be recruited via normal methods and another thru a holotape, plus if you have the everyones best friend you can also have dogmeat. There is a 3rd option to recruit anyone but can be messy if recruit a mission person or someone needed for a mission or what not.

anyway to force giving Ivy 1st companion slot, i dont have trouble with Darlene, heather and other gals like Valkyrie /Sarah cuz they dont take up companion slot, but as soon as i pick Valentine to go with me to FH he seems to take this slot instead ( show in Companion team on quest log, he stand above Ivy), and she stop following me one time after i fast travel, havent continue playing long enough to notice any particular issue yet, god damn it, i should've known about Companion Ivy way sooner and pick up that RAM FM mod, here's hoping LIGA wont fuck Ivy up too badly.

14 hours ago, mitsumidi said:

anyway to force giving Ivy 1st companion slot, i dont have trouble with Darlene, heather and other gals like Valkyrie /Sarah cuz they dont take up companion slot, but as soon as i pick Valentine to go with me to FH he seems to take this slot instead ( show in Companion team on quest log, he stand above Ivy), and she stop following me one time after i fast travel, havent continue playing long enough to notice any particular issue yet, god damn it, i should've known about Companion Ivy way sooner and pick up that RAM FM mod, here's hoping LIGA wont fuck Ivy up too badly.

I havent done a main quest with Ivy as far as a companion goes, but missions that need that companion may overrule, but in that case you just dismiss ivy and add her back via the holotape so she is secondary, dunno.

On 8/30/2022 at 8:02 PM, Lochar said:

I havent done a main quest with Ivy as far as a companion goes, but missions that need that companion may overrule, but in that case you just dismiss ivy and add her back via the holotape so she is secondary, dunno.

IF you join Reginald_001's Discord you can find information which warns against using RAM FM on Ivy or Heather and there are plenty of posts here and there which specifically warn that LIGA changes follower scripts which Ivy depends upon and so it WILL mess her up eventually.   SO....LIGA + Ivy = BAD, RAM FM for Ivy is a NO, NO.  Hope this helps.

I know it's me and I know I'm being stupid, but at what point does Ivy start the dream sequence (Into the Deep?) missions? I think I'm maxed out on affinity (we're in love) and I've asked about erotic memories etc - she says the next time I should get the last few, but that never seems to happen... What have I missed?

5 hours ago, Tinman2u said:

IF you join Reginald_001's Discord you can find information which warns against using RAM FM on Ivy or Heather and there are plenty of posts here and there which specifically warn that LIGA changes follower scripts which Ivy depends upon and so it WILL mess her up eventually.   SO....LIGA + Ivy = BAD, RAM FM for Ivy is a NO, NO.  Hope this helps.

I guess you confused me because I thought the guy that made Ivy is the one that made RAM-FM as a way around the extra followers mod, and I thought I read on there that sometimes Ivy has to take backseat so that other companions can do their quests.

2 hours ago, Lochar said:

I guess you confused me because I thought the guy that made Ivy is the one that made RAM-FM as a way around the extra followers mod, and I thought I read on there that sometimes Ivy has to take backseat so that other companions can do their quests.

Ivy and RAM-FM

Recruit Ivy as normal (present redeem voucher)

want to add a vanilla companion?

Use RAM-FM Holotape to recruit that companion

Want to change the vanilla comapanion?

Use the RAM-FM Holotape to dismiss the current one, then when they are out of range, recruit the new one.

Want to do a vanilla companion quest?

Ok. Go do it. Ivy does not need to be dismissed to do companion quests, nor does the vanilla companion have to be in the #1 slot. It's just going to take longer to get that companion's affinity up to the level required to trigger the quest.

10 hours ago, Tinman2u said:

I've made several run-ins with both RAM-FM and LIGA (separate of course) and never had problems. Just one rule I followed: Ivy goes first, then Dogmeat, then Heather, then ONE vanilla companion - not a whole bunch (Dogmeat goes to doghouse), even ONE from Thugg's mods. So I had group of 4 without issues...

1 hour ago, IBAGadget said:

Ivy and RAM-FM

Recruit Ivy as normal (present redeem voucher)

want to add a vanilla companion?

Use RAM-FM Holotape to recruit that companion

Want to change the vanilla comapanion?

Use the RAM-FM Holotape to dismiss the current one, then when they are out of range, recruit the new one.

Want to do a vanilla companion quest?

Ok. Go do it. Ivy does not need to be dismissed to do companion quests, nor does the vanilla companion have to be in the #1 slot. It's just going to take longer to get that companion's affinity up to the level required to trigger the quest.

I agree with 99% of what is written here but I definitely had an issue using RAM-FM with robot Curie whenever she leaves you to become a synth.  The game kept firing Ivy in the primary slot.  SO.....in this case, I parked Ivy at home, fired robot Curie via RAM-FM holotape, then rehired her normally to go to the doctor and everything went perfectly, even after going back to pick up Ivy and then returning to meet the new and improved synth Curie.  Actually broke out a brand new Curie preset just for the occasion.  Ivy didn't mind.

EDIT - Btw, if you look on the Discord posts, someone else reported the same issue, not long after I reported it, SO....it's a repeatable issue.

Edited by Tinman2u
4 minutes ago, Tinman2u said:

I agree with 99% of what is written here but I definitely had an issue using RAM-FM with robot Curie whenever she leaves you to become a synth.  The game kept firing Ivy in the primary slot.  SO.....in this case, I parked Ivy at home, fired robot Curie via RAM-FM holotape, then rehired her normally to go to the doctor and everything went perfectly, even after going back to pick up Ivy and then returning to meet the new and improved synth Curie.  Actually broke out a brand new Curie preset just for the occasion.  Ivy didn't mind.

Well I finally finished her main quest, outstanding story and probably more well written than many of the vanilla stories or characters. 

I do wonder tho if max affinity does stop her prostitution even tho she shows still working but also giving her sugar bombs or gum but that could be due to glitch with maybe RAM or another mod. 

The one thing that hasnt worked for me if MSWL even with her 6.0 patch, also her random approaching me for sex seems to have stopped but thats fine since she did it throwing me off what was doing. 

Also I am running some of these with SS2 which is script heavy, but very few crashes in my current game. I did remove the pregancy mod as think was causing issues. I did like the idea of populating settlements with my seed, lol. 

I am now going to park her and will be sad for it but need to max some other companions and once done with them, she is coming back because I really do like her. Plus I get a kick out her magazine discoveries. Alot of detail from each of these and not sure how many total but lol find them everywhere.

8 minutes ago, freebountyhunter said:

I've made several run-ins with both RAM-FM and LIGA (separate of course) and never had problems. Just one rule I followed: Ivy goes first, then Dogmeat, then Heather, then ONE vanilla companion - not a whole bunch (Dogmeat goes to doghouse), even ONE from Thugg's mods. So I had group of 4 without issues...

I often use EFT to add additional temporary followers along with Ivy, but I never quick hire her with it, nor Heather, nor any other standalone follower.  But I can and often do have as many followers as I want to, vanilla and any random NPC's, standing around, but I only do that if I'm taking my girls out to the beach or to the club.  Never on a quest that Ivy or Heather or a vanilla follower might have something to add to. Been using RAM-FM for just that with good enough results.  Sometimes less is more.  Feel me?