If you ever need dedicated tester to your mods, you do know it's only 1 ask away (or anyone else for that matter) ;)  Much appreciated making early release.

What i could tell so far:

- No MCM, is this correct? I got it to "Init" by saving game and loading.

- From the test mod there is Cross and X-Cross in Riverwood. Majority of their function is ok, all the dialogs seem working.

- The X-Cross goes invisible when i step on it. I'm not sure if there's something specific to my Skyrim inis on this, i have similar sometimes with Sexlab itself where actors go invisible unless i start with camera in a way that both actors are clearly visible. X-Cross places camera somehow inside the pole or something and only zooms out afterwards. It would propably work if camera started outside initially. Cross does similar camera glitching at start but i don't know why it always works.

- Devious Body Alteration is for now slightly incompatible if you have arched feet due wearing high heels much. It applies the high heel effect (NiOverride?), raising player above the shackles a bit. I don't have hdtHighHeels.esp installed, and never had.

2 hours ago, Zaflis said:

The X-Cross goes invisible when i step on it. ... Cross does similar camera glitching at start but i don't know why it always works.

I tested this mod on Skyrim SE (after converting meshes and .hkx animations) and I see the same behavior: Cross works OK, but X-Cross goes invisible for both player and NPC.

3 hours ago, windzone said:

I tested this mod on Skyrim SE (after converting meshes and .hkx animations) and I see the same behavior: Cross works OK, but X-Cross goes invisible for both player and NPC.

I found a fix for the NPC fading: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/92958-fix-actor-fading-when-too-close-with-camera/?tab=comments#comment-2762801

Sadly the X-Cross will still go invisible, just actors don't fade anymore even when i make them really close to the camera. I checked in TES5Edit that's a really simple edit, i cannot tell what would need to be changed for furnitures. It seems all it does is edit 2 fields into blanks: L_CAMERA and L_CHARCONTROLLER. If we do that for L_STATIC or L_ANIMSTATIC perhaps? Or someone might know better if it's simply a scripting typo etc.

Edit: Hmm, doesn't seem to have anything to do with camera. I told Chloe to get on it and X-Cross still went invisible while i was looking at the whole thing from small range.

About the NPC testing, you can give one to yourself with "help x-cross" to get ID of the Kit and player.additem ID. Then drop it on ground.

So i could try the other Cross with Chloe and idles work fine at least :)  I can use normal talk dialogs but that's it. I cannot focus the furniture with mouse at all, it always targets the npc. I couldn't set the time and i wouldn't be able to unlock her even if i had the key. She ignores normal follower move commands too, so she is really stuck now...

What is the main pain point when creating new furnitures?

Setting up animations?

Something else?

Let's say a modder wanted to add something popular, with limited existing animations, like the bondage horse with hanging yoke, would the existing Zaz animations be insufficient?

Clearly, there are some aspects of this that led to it getting put into cold-store for nearly a year.

Is the problem mainly asset availability?

Or just busywork that needs to be done?

4 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Clearly, there are some aspects of this that led to it getting put into cold-store for nearly a year.

Is the problem mainly asset availability?

Or just busywork that needs to be done?

It turned out that making furniture models was a lot less amusing for our modellers than they initially thought. They experienced quite some burnout over that, maybe paired with general burnout, but let's just say there is a reason why I wrote that I don't expect more furniture models to be added anytime soon. So yes, it's asset availability. I didn't want to release DDC with so few models, but I had to realize that I am not likely to get any more. I worked for several months on the code, so at least I wanted to get it published, because it's feature complete and (for me) working.

ZAP models cannot be easily ported to DDC. I tried with ZAP 7 models (which ZaZ gave me permissions to use, even), but they do not render correctly when using DDC's code. DDC's architecture is radically different from ZAP's code, so I guess that's why. Someone explained why this is, but I am not sure I even understand the problem. I am a software engineer, not a 3D artist. :D  But ZAP models render black in game when used by DDC.

To the person who experienced issues with running DDC in Skyrim SE. That's to be expected. This mod claims nowhere to be SE compatible! ;)

Can anyone but me (using Oldrim) confirm the models to work correctly in game, and not be invisible?

10 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Can anyone but me (using Oldrim) confirm the models to work correctly in game, and not be invisible?

I was in Riverwood, 15 minutes ago. walked around them , all looking fine ? (DDC +  the demo.esp)

19 hours ago, Kimy said:

Q: Can I suggest new features?
A: Absolutely! We have implemented a lot of user-suggested features and will continue doing so. But please understand that we cannot implement them all and that some others we really just won't like enough.

Since you asked, my personal wish list for furniture in DDC. Most wanted first:

• a pillory (e.g. like the one from ZAZ)
  • a wheel (same)
  • a wooden frame to tie the actor in the same pose as with the X
  • a wall attached yoke, e.g. connected with a chain
  • a torture rack like the static vanilla asset
39 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Did you use them?

Not yet, (RL called ?) ... give me another 30 minutes

Edit:
@Kimy I did skip the FNIS part and just coc'ed into the game. 

• All left on default
  • entering the devices, manipulated the locks and tried to get out.
  • escape failed
  • unlocking "with key" worked
  • both devices disappeared when I was locked I guess due my ignorance of FNIS
  • both reappeared after I got out
Spoiler

DDC3.jpg.e841a5a1f1095cd60a9eb65619dbaf71.jpgDDC4.jpg.411e9d2faf7ce7adca50c97f879c8833.jpg

Setup:

Vanilla Skyrim  + DLCs for my CK testings, plus some textures

+ SL, SLAR, DD assets, DDi, DDx, DDC

17 hours ago, Loki15kun said:

Oh my. It's here.

Question: Can the furniture equip DDi/DDx devices on escape as a parting gift? Or that would have to be scripted manually?

Not as a built-in feature, but it would be trivial to code.

48 minutes ago, Kimy said:

FNIS is -definitely- needed to make it work. The devices being invisible without running FNIS first would be 100% as expected.

I did run FNIS (with no warnings). The locked player or follower has arms stretched to side when the device is invisible. In worik's screenshot the arms were against the body.

tested the demo version, when anyone (player or npc) uses the x-cross it disappears and cannot interact with the device.

just able to talk to the NPC.

the regular cross stays visible (but cannot interact with it) when used by NPCs, when just locking self (player) into the cross it stays visible, but

when using the self bondage timed release it also goes invisible.

screenshot of NPC in x-cross and player just locked into cross (not using selfbondage timer)

166638986_TESV2019-11-1512-14-50-38.jpg.aa06596bf83f45a3eadb1379aef112f9.jpg

FNIS ran without any errors showing up before testing this.

4 hours ago, Kimy said:

It turned out that making furniture models was a lot less amusing for our modellers than they initially thought. They experienced quite some burnout over that, maybe paired with general burnout, but let's just say there is a reason why I wrote that I don't expect more furniture models to be added anytime soon. So yes, it's asset availability. I didn't want to release DDC with so few models, but I had to realize that I am not likely to get any more. I worked for several months on the code, so at least I wanted to get it published, because it's feature complete and (for me) working.

ZAP models cannot be easily ported to DDC. I tried with ZAP 7 models (which ZaZ gave me permissions to use, even), but they do not render correctly when using DDC's code. DDC's architecture is radically different from ZAP's code, so I guess that's why. Someone explained why this is, but I am not sure I even understand the problem. I am a software engineer, not a 3D artist. :D  But ZAP models render black in game when used by DDC.

To the person who experienced issues with running DDC in Skyrim SE. That's to be expected. This mod claims nowhere to be SE compatible! ;)

X-Cross invisible on use. Guessed cause: in "animated object" zadc_xcrossAO was stated model filename XCross_AO.nif, but this file does not exist, nearest is XCross_AO_Standing.nif. Also, standing cross in his animated object, had model path with pose included. So, changed model path in TES5Edit, repeated test - X-cross works now.

Interestingly, in first test, when Xcross didn't work, standing cross worked, but with height shift, as if it didn't clear high heels. But on second test, when standing cross was used, it first showed Xcross, then standing cross engaged as normal.. with height perfectly synced. Strange, that.

Oh, and I wonder - what is a proper way to get Furniture Key? Maybe it can be added to SelfBondage Game loot pool?

P.S. It will be interesting looking inside... Maybe something can be done like Display Model furniture with Contraptions scripts..

@DeWired That works, no more invisible furniture issue.

Is CBBE and UUNP physically very different btw? I had this issue always with ZAP too where arms do not exactly fit the restraints. This is UUNP:

Spoiler

97260792_enb2019_11_1600_11_08_78.jpg.26a4c8b7bb68755f4a5a22968ad7ab66.jpg

Or is it something i could tweak with racemenu or BodySlide more? The height alignment looks fine at this time when wearing actual boots, but i feel like my player is just too short... I'll propably edit this post if i find a solution.

For now unsuccessful. "player.setscale" command was first attempt but it scales the furniture at exact same rate, so that won't help.

Ok the solution was in RaceMenuPlugin.esp, which adds a tab for changing player height. Set that to 1.01 scale and arms align well. I am not sure why i disabled the plugin in the first place.