Sexlab tools for SE (Patched)

1 hour ago, ikarn15 said:

Got a question about this mod, sometimes it bugs out. I have no idea how to reproduce this but it's quite frequent and really annoying. Basically, the animation selector menu (the one you open with H by default from this mod) sometimes bugs out, and will remain in one type of animation, and even if I change tag the animation won't change at all.

Example: I'll have sex with a dog, after that a horse, and when I press H to change animation while with the horse, I'll have the dogs animations listed. I even have a screenshot for clarity (in this case it was a horse then a troll).

ScreenShot15.png

Restart the game or finish the animation.

that fixes it for me

On 5/25/2021 at 11:47 PM, judge007 said:

I used to have this problem in LE with this mod.

I solved it then by opening the plugin in xEdit and generating a Seq file.

Haven't had the issue in SE so can't say if it will work. It'll take a couple minutes in total, and can't hurt.

The Seq file is one of those controversial topics that attracts trolls quick.

The theory that I subscribe to is that if you have Start Game enabled quest in your mod, generate a Seq file.

That advice I got from some very large heads at AFKMods, and the tutorials at Tome of xEdit & Creation Kit.

Please don't engage me in a philosophical debate over this, as I don't care one way or the other.

I just do what I gotta do to get the mod running . . .

Thanks for letting me know about this method. Unfortunately, I followed a guide on how to generate a Seq file for the plugin in SSEEdit (as far as I know, that's the xEdit you were referring to), but upon following the steps and then moving the Seq file from the Overwrite folder to an empty mod and enabling it, nothing changed about my problem (once more, for ease of finding: the menu for SexLab Tools appears in the MCM, but the hotkeys don't do anything, no matter what you set them to).

Although I will say I'm not using any alternate start mods (which I think is what you meant by "Start Game enabled quest in your mod"?), just starting out in Helgen, vanilla.

EDIT: Looks like this is not actually what you meant by "Start Game enabled quest in your mod", and I think you're instead saying that Sexlab Tools has a Start-game Enabled Quest. But as you mentioned, this whole thing with what SEQs are and how they work seems a bit convoluted, so since it didn't work, it doesn't matter.

EDIT 2: I got it working! Fucking hell man. The solution, at least for me, is pretty drastic, but at least it fucking works now.

I installed Sexlab Tools something like half an hour after starting a fresh savefile, so I was sure there could be no way that my brand-new savefile could be causing any problems. I went on to play with this savefile normally for 10+ hours, occasionally trying various fixes from this and other threads, convinced that I just wouldn't be able to get the menu up since I tried so many things already. I didn't even seriously consider making a new character because starting from Helgen takes like an hour or two (I'm about as skilled as a game journalist, okay?) and I didn't want to install alternate start mods, fearing it would further mess up my game.

Well, as it turns out, just starting a new game (in my case, I chose to start with "Skyrim Unbound Reborn (Alternate Start)") and setting everything up in-game yet again (all MCM options, so stuff like installing SexLab in-game, changing its settings, registering all animations again in SLAL, etc.) made the H menu work for that specific brand new savefile. I still can't use it on my old savefile, which sucks because I spent a long time making that character, but hey, at least it's working.

Edited by EnergizingCupOfCovfefe
12 hours ago, EnergizingCupOfCovfefe said:

Thanks for letting me know about this method. Unfortunately, I followed a guide on how to generate a Seq file for the plugin in SSEEdit (as far as I know, that's the xEdit you were referring to), but upon following the steps and then moving the Seq file from the Overwrite folder to an empty mod and enabling it, nothing changed about my problem (once more, for ease of finding: the menu for SexLab Tools appears in the MCM, but the hotkeys don't do anything, no matter what you set them to).

Although I will say I'm not using any alternate start mods (which I think is what you meant by "Start Game enabled quest in your mod"?), just starting out in Helgen, vanilla.

EDIT: Looks like this is not actually what you meant by "Start Game enabled quest in your mod", and I think you're instead saying that Sexlab Tools has a Start-game Enabled Quest. But as you mentioned, this whole thing with what SEQs are and how they work seems a bit convoluted, so since it didn't work, it doesn't matter.

EDIT 2: I got it working! Fucking hell man. The solution, at least for me, is pretty drastic, but at least it fucking works now.

I installed Sexlab Tools something like half an hour after starting a fresh savefile, so I was sure there could be no way that my brand-new savefile could be causing any problems. I went on to play with this savefile normally for 10+ hours, occasionally trying various fixes from this and other threads, convinced that I just wouldn't be able to get the menu up since I tried so many things already. I didn't even seriously consider making a new character because starting from Helgen takes like an hour or two (I'm about as skilled as a game journalist, okay?) and I didn't want to install alternate start mods, fearing it would further mess up my game.

Well, as it turns out, just starting a new game (in my case, I chose to start with "Skyrim Unbound Reborn (Alternate Start)") and setting everything up in-game yet again (all MCM options, so stuff like installing SexLab in-game, changing its settings, registering all animations again in SLAL, etc.) made the H menu work for that specific brand new savefile. I still can't use it on my old savefile, which sucks because I spent a long time making that character, but hey, at least it's working.

Good to hear.

xEdit is: SSEEdit, TESVEdit, FNVEdit, FO3Edit, FO4Edit, etc just the file name changes.

Start Game Enabled quest refers to an attribute you use in Creation Kit when setting up a quest to run a script(s)

and yes, all the quests in SexLab Tools are Start Game Enabled. The presence of a SEQ file tells the Skyrim engine that quests are ready to be run on new game OR save game load.

How well it works . . . well you just saw

Isn't modding great?  

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Electric Aether said:

on Vortex Mod Manager, it is listed as "Redundant" for me

Mess with your load order

redundancies are because it is installed or paired with another one of the mods you have installed (ie. UIextensions came with another mod, and you have UIextensions as a mod installed as well). Basically you have it installed more than once, so one or more of them becomes redundant.

Does your "Tool actors list key" work??? It is the key you press that lets you alter other sex scenes that are around you without having to walk up to them. I cant get mine to work along with whatever "Cum outside"  is. (Dont really care for Cum Outside, never did in oldrim). Every other key works fine, regardless if they overlap with another keybind from another mod. Just those two functions dont work.

Back in old rim having that Tools actor list key available was SUUPPER helpful, just wondering if yours or anyone here for that matter has that key working on SSE.

I do have UI esp activated, as if I try to deactivate or remove the esp, I cant load any game (Add-on Item menu is just way to important, unless there is a alternative to that mod). I could try starting a new game without it activated and see if it works. But I am pretty sure I NEVER got this key to function, even before I started using Add-on Item menu. And I wouldn't sacrifice Add-on Menu for this function, as Add-on Item Menu QOL>>>>>>> Tools Actors List QOL.

Any advice would be appreciated. :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 11:14 PM, GranolaLord said:

Does your "Tool actors list key" work??? It is the key you press that lets you alter other sex scenes that are around you without having to walk up to them. I cant get mine to work along with whatever "Cum outside"  is. (Dont really care for Cum Outside, never did in oldrim). Every other key works fine, regardless if they overlap with another keybind from another mod. Just those two functions dont work.

Same here. Read another post a couple of pages back mentioning the same problem. Not sure if I broke the function with new mods since I didn't try it when first installed, but it sure doesn't work now. The 'cum outside' animation switch does work for me. I bind it to Numpad+. 

I might try disabling SL defeat as it has file conflicts which made it the first suspect, though people claim the file replacements are 1:1. 

Not sure if this has been mentioned before so apologies if it has but does the animation creator work for you guys? Whenever I choose my own stages and register the animation it'll never work and they'll just stand still with the broken animation cliche.

Edited by fakerminus25alt
On 6/16/2021 at 9:14 PM, GranolaLord said:

redundancies are because it is installed or paired with another one of the mods you have installed (ie. UIextensions came with another mod, and you have UIextensions as a mod installed as well). Basically you have it installed more than once, so one or more of them becomes redundant.

Back in old rim having that Tools actor list key available was SUUPPER helpful, just wondering if yours or anyone here for that matter has that key working on SSE.

I do have UI esp activated, as if I try to deactivate or remove the esp, I cant load any game (Add-on Item menu is just way to important, unless there is a alternative to that mod). I could try starting a new game without it activated and see if it works. But I am pretty sure I NEVER got this key to function, even before I started using Add-on Item menu. And I wouldn't sacrifice Add-on Menu for this function, as Add-on Item Menu QOL>>>>>>> Tools Actors List QOL.

Any advice would be appreciated. :D

Ah I see,well could help the CTD Issue for many of the users of this mod

Maybe you can create a .zip folder with UI Ext on it with a different name

Or copy Ui,ext into another mod.

And no, those keys do not work for me as well.

I can't figure out how to get this to work. I started a new game after installing this and it said UIextensions is required for it. I have UIextensions installed with the ESP disabled like it says in the description. The MCM menu shows up but the mod itself doesn't do anything. No matter how many times I try to use the keys it won't bring up the menu to let me select animations.

So after reading through earlier posts in the thread I saw some people had to have UIextensions enabled for it to work. I enabled UIextensions and now Sexlab Tools works perfectly. Vortex does not mark UIextensions as redundant for me either. So it seems like Tools and UIextension do not actually conflict; which makes sense since Tools requires UIextensions. Everyone that has the issue of CTDs most likely has another mod that requires UIextension and has files that overwrite UIextension causing a CTD with Sexlab Tools and the redundant message in Vortex.

You should change the description to say people MIGHT need to disable UIextensions' esp if they are getting CTDs to avoid people running into the issue of Tools not working from having UIextensions disabled.

Edited by Tim7118
figured out the problem
On 7/11/2021 at 4:03 AM, Tim7118 said:

I can't figure out how to get this to work. I started a new game after installing this and it said UIextensions is required for it. I have UIextensions installed with the ESP disabled like it says in the description. The MCM menu shows up but the mod itself doesn't do anything. No matter how many times I try to use the keys it won't bring up the menu to let me select animations.

So after reading through earlier posts in the thread I saw some people had to have UIextensions enabled for it to work. I enabled UIextensions and now Sexlab Tools works perfectly. Vortex does not mark UIextensions as redundant for me either. So it seems like Tools and UIextension do not actually conflict; which makes sense since Tools requires UIextensions. Everyone that has the issue of CTDs most likely has another mod that requires UIextension and has files that overwrite UIextension causing a CTD with Sexlab Tools and the redundant message in Vortex.

You should change the description to say people MIGHT need to disable UIextensions' esp if they are getting CTDs to avoid people running into the issue of Tools not working from having UIextensions disabled.

so the mod works fine with UIExtensions?

I need UIExtensions for the AddItemMenu mod

22 hours ago, lopwss said:

They're working well together in my game. Tools, AddItemMenu, and any other mods needing UIEx are all doing what they should as far as I can tell. I did unpack and then delete the UIExtensions bsa though, turning it into a loose files mod. I don't know if that's necessary in this specific case, but I've generally been doing that with all mods just out of preference.

I have Tools below UIEx in my load order as well. It's very close to the bottom in my list.

Edited by SleepyJim
22 hours ago, lopwss said:

I have a trick I use for all the "frameworks" like UIExtensions

I load them all last priority-wise so they overwrite all the mods that use parts of them.

The ones that are plugin-free (just .dlls) I load first

On 6/3/2021 at 8:01 AM, EnergizingCupOfCovfefe said:

I would like to confirm, starting brand new character AFTER installing this mod is the only way I could get it working. With existing character I tried several reinstalls, messing with load order, tried different versions of Tools posted in this thread, tried making that SEQ file, nothing worked.

Start new character, or you are screwed. Sucks.

• 4 weeks later...

Mod doesn't work, disable UIExtensions plugin or not, wasn't a good idea originally since many mods require UIExtensions plugin to be enabled. MCM appears, hotkey won't do anything. SL Framework 163 beta 9.

Edited by BreadDain
On 8/14/2021 at 3:49 AM, BreadDain said:

Mod doesn't work, disable UIExtensions plugin or not, wasn't a good idea originally since many mods require UIExtensions plugin to be enabled. MCM appears, hotkey won't do anything. SL Framework 163 beta 9.

UI Ext is redundant for me, Which allows sl tools and other mods requiring UI Extensions to work.

Someone explained how above.

Hi. I jsut switched to SE and was looking for the tools. I Downloaded that one on the first page under comment

EDIT 8-30-2021- DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS ONE!! IT IS WRONG ONE

In LE I had the most outstanding useful tool called "Extrainfowindow" inside the console.  I thought it was either from from this tool or Sexlab Framwork.  BUT I dont have it in SE and I have both of those.  What did I miss?  Does this version of Sexlab tools have it?

-------

I found something similar by searching for that exact string of letters.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19250/?tab=description

I guess this will work.  not as consise as the one I was using but will do.  Sill, let me know if tools DID have it.  Thanks.

Edited by wsx2wsx2ws
  • 2 weeks later...

OK back and SexLab Tools is not doing anything.  I get the pop up for adding people but all I can do is add receiver.  No one else can stick to the list and I get no configuration boxes when adding actors.

Its Extremely handy for getting people to follow me and that is what it reduced to atm.

Right now all I have is SexlabFramwork 163 and this and SoS

OK FINALLY got this to work.

What I had to do was uninstall completely all Sexlab tools.  Then ONLY install the patched one offered on the download on page one. I started game. waited for the MCM notification. Opened MCM then closed it. Then opened and there was SExlab tools ready to work.  I nervously tested it and all the UI showed and worked like a charm.

THe Link in a reply on page one I thought was the file. IT IS NOT.

THank you uploader for your hard work and time.