Since I was curious, I tried out the "weird potion" function of the mod. I figured the effects would be immediately noticeable due to how severe the warning was on here, but to my surprise it didn't activate anything immediately. Decided to just go on with my day -- no biggie right? Well, a few days later (and a few saves I don't want to go back from) I get surprised by the literal sex slavery I sold myself into! I actually really love the feature as a roleplay device and think I'll keep it as a forced option, but I wish I could have known what it would do going in. Does anybody have a console command to finish that quest so I can eventually use a different devious follower than Lydia? Would just doing a setstage to 100 for that quest work? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2022 at 5:21 PM, datdude69 said:

Since I was curious, I tried out the "weird potion" function of the mod. I figured the effects would be immediately noticeable due to how severe the warning was on here, but to my surprise it didn't activate anything immediately. Decided to just go on with my day -- no biggie right? Well, a few days later (and a few saves I don't want to go back from) I get surprised by the literal sex slavery I sold myself into! I actually really love the feature as a roleplay device and think I'll keep it as a forced option, but I wish I could have known what it would do going in. Does anybody have a console command to finish that quest so I can eventually use a different devious follower than Lydia? Would just doing a setstage to 100 for that quest work? Thanks!

Spoiler

As I understand it from earlier discussions in this thread, the weird potion is permanent.  BUT, you don't have to keep Lydia as a follower. You can dismiss her, within the normal constraints of DFC, and hire a new follower. You'll just have to keep going back to her at whatever frequency is set up in the configuration.

About the Weird Potion quest - what may I expect?

I'll put my experience in a spoiler:

Spoiler

It takes quite a time before it triggers, about five days in my case. "You suddenly feel weak..."

Quite a bit of text in a popup, which gives you a good feeling of helplessness.

Plus a ridiculous text in the upper left corner: "As you drink the foul tasting potion your follower chuckles and clears your deals" - which would have been appropriate when drinking the potion five days ago.

My DF then drinks a vial and PC has to lick her pussy.

-End of first occurence-

Some days later (I think that's the Quest Duration slider in the MCM) it triggers again:

"My body is weak again..."

My DF then states that there will be terms, "I might ask for money, or tie you up before I'll let you have what you crave."

But when I agree, her answer is, "Your pathetic groveling and pleading will be enough this time. Don't say I'm not generous."

The next time it triggers, there's no change to the last time, here I tested it a bit.

With a high Willpower (7-10) I can get through the message that my begging was enough - no terms, no bondage, no money.

With a low Willpower (4-6) I don't even get to the point where I might beg to lick her. The only option is that she explains the terms, but nothing more.

I did not try for a Willpower of 0...3

Is this what's to be expected, is there something broken on my side, am I too impatient and the terms will be enforced even later, or is the quest this lame, promising things that don't happen? Maybe a bug, some oversight in a script?

(No, searching this thread did not help, neither with the forum's inbuilt search nor via google)

10 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Hide contents

It takes quite a time before it triggers, about five days in my case. "You suddenly feel weak..."

Plus a ridiculous text in the upper left corner: "As you drink the foul tasting potion your follower chuckles and clears your deals" - which would have been appropriate when drinking the potion five days ago.

-End of first occurence-

Some days later (I think that's the Quest Duration slider in the MCM) it triggers again:

My DF then states that there will be terms, "I might ask for money, or tie you up before I'll let you have what you crave."

But when I agree, her answer is, "Your pathetic groveling and pleading will be enough this time. Don't say I'm not generous."

The next time it triggers, there's no change to the last time, here I tested it a bit.

With a high Willpower (7-10) I can get through the message that my begging was enough - no terms, no bondage, no money.

With a low Willpower (4-6) I don't even get to the point where I might beg to lick her. The only option is that she explains the terms, but nothing more.

Is this what's to be expected, is there something broken on my side, am I too impatient and the terms will be enforced even later, or is the quest this lame, promising things that don't happen? Maybe a bug, some oversight in a script?

(No, searching this thread did not help, neither with the forum's inbuilt search nor via google)

I can only say that I have previously seen the other options appear at some point. I don't know whether that means something's wrong on your end or whether the quest really is that riddled with bugs...

Currently there are quite a few incompatibilities with Unforgiving Devices.

- In modular deal for piercings they aren't given to player.

- When sleeping at inn and waking with armbinder, none of the NPC's can remove the devices after the dialog option. Asking follower to remove them all for 1500 debt just keeps repeating that question. That's even if i struggled out of all of them myself, it kept suggesting that 1500 up to the point i had to MCM reset the mod.

- Follower cannot remove items from player, but i can just disable that feature in MCM and at least key game is still of some help.

- One point i tried to see what happens if i just keep asking more and more deals. It got stuck in a loop about having to wear arm and leg cuffs. New deal would always say the same thing again and again and i think that's only a level 1 normal deal. So i disabled all ownership and cuffs deals from MCM when that happened.

But some things do work, like the pony event to some stables. Although it doesn't try to replace a generic gag or boots with pony versions. Or i don't know, maybe it tries and fails after thinking all devices are something "special" now with UD's properties.

After playing with UD for long time i've come to see it as significantly better system than DD's own struggle mechanics.

Edited by Zaflis
2 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Currently there are quite a few incompatibilities with Unforgiving Devices.

- When sleeping at inn and waking with armbinder, none of the NPC's can remove the devices after the dialog option. Asking follower to remove them all for 1500 debt just keeps repeating that question. That's even if i struggled out of all of them myself, it kept suggesting that 1500 up to the point i had to MCM reset the mod.

- Follower cannot remove items from player, but i can just disable that feature in MCM and at least key game is still of some help.

- One point i tried to see what happens if i just keep asking more and more deals. It got stuck in a loop about having to wear arm and leg cuffs. New deal would always say the same thing again and again and i think that's only a level 1 normal deal. So i disabled all ownership and cuffs deals from MCM when that happened.

But some things do work, like the pony event to some stables. Although it doesn't try to replace a generic gag or boots with pony versions. Or i don't know, maybe it tries and fails after thinking all devices are something "special" now with UD's properties.

After playing with UD for long time i've come to see it as significantly better system than DD's own struggle mechanics.

Oh, that explains some of the issues I've been having! That's a shame, since I consider both UD and DF to be non-optional mods.

On 12/17/2022 at 7:05 AM, Zaflis said:

This one works for me.

Only had straitjacket thing but it worked properly.

Removing for gold/debt works.

I only tested with modular deals and things seem to work fine.

So there is a modular deal but after more than a week of playing i don't get dialog option to remove the deal even with having over 30k credits. Any solutions other than resetting the NPC again, maybe console commands? I tried "stopquest" on the ID i got from finding "dflow" terms but it didn't do anything.

Also that "Current Deals" counter gets often mismatched with amount of items actually on that list below, once it went to -1. I think the reason it isn't showing me options to pay deals off is exactly that counter being 0, so game thinks there's nothing to remove. But that deal is actually being enforced right now, it's not only visual in that list.

Spoiler

deals_bug.jpg.de35adb0011e8b4072a0ff666c93aeca.jpg

Edited by Zaflis
6 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Also that "Current Deals" counter gets often mismatched with amount of items actually on that list below, once it went to -1. I think the reason it isn't showing me options to pay deals off is exactly that counter being 0, so game thinks there's nothing to remove. But that deal is actually being enforced right now, it's not only visual in that list.

unfortunately, that bug has been around for quite a while. All I know is to reset the mod from time to time.

Remember to reload your settings from json if you're not using the default values.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2022 at 8:54 AM, CaptainJ03 said:

Hide contents

-End of first occurence-

I had the same issue lately but I knew from previous games that it worked and I had to pay the follower gold and got tied up. I checked out the quest "_DFlowPotion" in Creation Kit and it seems like there's an issue with the dialog options' logical operators. I changed one from "and" to "or" and I got those options back. I do not know, if this breaks anything and I also don't know if I would be allowed to share a modified ESP here. But you can do it yourself if you're somewhat familiar with Creation Kit (I never really used it an managed to do it, which is also why I'm unsure if I broke something). 

For instructions see attached image. The value at (4) used to be "and".  (3) is an example, you have to do it for all the options in that list that don't seem to work (basically all that contain the "nState_var" twice). 

As I said I'm not really a modder and I don't know if this breaks anything. Please don't try this with a save game you care about.

dflow.png

On 11/6/2022 at 6:04 AM, xanathous said:

Need help- DFC isnt detecting Spank that ass or df spank mini in the mcm, its all downloaded and activated in MO2...?

It does detect the patch for spank that ass though...

I'm having kind of the same issue, the mcm isn't detecting the df spank mini but it does detect spank that ass. I've installed this before a few days ago with a different mod setup with no difficulty, not sure what's different. It says I need to register the animations, is that different from running nemesis/fnis? I'm still kinda new to troubleshooting stuff like this

edit: Nevermind, just had to go into the SLAL mcm and register it. Should have kept going through the list instead of leaping to the internet for help. I just assumed the problem would be in the mod organizer rather than in the MCM. 

Edited by apostatefarm

I keep having issues with the forcegreet that is meant to occur when your debt exceeds the enslavement threshold. Basically none of the outcomes for this event will trigger, it seems DFC will just be unable to recognize that debt has exceeded the threshold. The function always starts out working correctly but inevitably at some point in my playthrough it will stop working and I haven't been able to figure out the cause myself.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and if they know how to fix it? Thanks

15 hours ago, asdj1239 said:

I keep having issues with the forcegreet that is meant to occur when your debt exceeds the enslavement threshold. Basically none of the outcomes for this event will trigger, it seems DFC will just be unable to recognize that debt has exceeded the threshold. The function always starts out working correctly but inevitably at some point in my playthrough it will stop working and I haven't been able to figure out the cause myself.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and if they know how to fix it? Thanks

Have you already been enslaved via DFC in this playthrough? For me it only works the first time, but not a second time.

I don't remember if resetting the mod (in the MCM) works.

(With so many new mods to try out, I rarely play a characters past level 30 and start anew every two months)

9 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Have you already been enslaved via DFC in this playthrough? For me it only works the first time, but not a second time.

I don't remember if resetting the mod (in the MCM) works.

(With so many new mods to try out, I rarely play a characters past level 30 and start anew every two months)

No I hadn't, but usually when this bug happens it is only enslavement that stops working for me; this time all of the possible forcegreet outcomes including having 3 deals taken stopped working. I was able to fix it on my save by resetting in the MCM, re-hiring the follower and restarting the game among a couple other steps but it has been an ongoing problem and I was more hoping someone had managed to track down the cause or even possibly had a script fix.

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the mod used it for long time on different modlist but it was always bugy on SE and I was suspecting this mod causing me freezes and infinite loading I just confirmed that today by using papyrus profiler seeing this mod scripts scoring very high on papyrus calls on a very heavy loverslab modlist.

image.png.4f33a8c2398202eed918fec495feb508.png

After removing this mod am no longer having freezes with no ctd especialy when changing cells.

13 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

on LE you cannot use DFC with other script-heavy mods like PAHE, it's either one or the other.

Role-playing wise that makes not much sense anyway, being a slave and a slaver at the same time.

I suspect dfc scoring high is just due to bugs or bad optimisation the mod has no valid reason to be on top of pahe, sl survival or any heavy scripting LL mod.

What do you guys consider heavy scripting LL mods? I've used DFC with SL survival without any issues for ages. Never used it with Pahe for reasons CaptainJ03 mentioned, its just kinda silly having both on, I'd rather make a good mod list for a specific goal in mind than having so so modlist for everything, especially since MO2 exists and you can just have different profiles if you want. This and Lola are basically the only good player slavery and follower mods that work with modern setups (I like POP as well a lot, but it has trouble playing ball with a lot of mods out here, simply because its easy to interrupt it).
Well I still haven't tried dirtyborn, but that one is kinda different since its just one specific follower + quests. If mod has big performance requirements I always consider what it brings to the game, is it worth it, DFC is one of those mods that I cannot play without, especially since I'm always using SL survival, they are meant for eachother.
People have different visions for their modlists, everyone has different priorities. For me mods like SL survival, DFC, lola, RND, etc create backbone of the modlist, everything else is made to compliment playstyle around these. If switching to SE means having issues with mods that work fine on LE then I never wanna switch, I keep hearing about issues with SL survival and some other mods I got, now this, never encountering same issues on LE, not to mention some mods just never ported.

Edited by Karkhel
12 hours ago, Anunya said:

@Karkhel I have about the same modlist priorities as you. I've got SL Survival, DFC, SubLola, and RND as the backbone of my list as well. I recall it took a while to iron out the issues, but I've had them on SE for a while working fine. So it's definitely possible.

Thanks I will keep this in mind for when I get that one mod thats SE only that I just have to have.

2 hours ago, Karkhel said:

Thanks I will keep this in mind for when I get that one mod thats SE only that I just have to have.

For SubLola, I basically just use the most recent release. For DFC, IIRC it was just the most recent release as well with no other weirdness involved. For RND, I think there were a few conversions around and it came down to finding the right one. The biggest challenge was SL Survival, where the conversions and patches live in different posts across the SLS and Wartimes threads (the LE ones, IIRC)... though by now those posts are probably bookmarked enough by folks that you should be able to get to them by asking in the relevant threads.