On 5/21/2023 at 3:17 PM, Aldid said:

Setting up both alternative punishments (triggered when you have a certain number of deals) and normal debt based punishments might help.

That's odd... For the record the "PC getting sold event" isn't limited to just inns or available followers, so that's not it. I think it does try to avoid triggering the effect when other events or scenes are taking place though, so there may be something about that location that interferes. You could try troubleshooting by going into an empty cell, making sure you're eligible for enslavement, and spawning in one of the NPCs you want to test through console commands. If it works fine elsewhere then it's probably something with the location, sadly...

Edit: The dialogue conditions don't have anything suspicious either that I can tell

image.png.c1dbf06ccca26fbce7cb21539f8d7f0f.png

Thanks for the feedback. And I think I found the problem, it looks like it might have something to do with the "enslavement condition." After I turned off the eager enslavement toggle and had my PC sleep, she woke up to find herself being sold.

Have encountered another issue, though, not entirely sure what to make of it. Following the sale, the previous follower continued to follow my PC and her new DF follower. I'm also using EFF, and I was able to get the former owner to leave using both standard dialogue options and the EFF commands. Under these conditions, is it normal for the former owner to stick around? Somewhat related, I have had difficulty enlisting additional followers before with this groups of NPCs, so suddenly having two came as a bit of a surprise.

2 minutes ago, Hermaeus Moron said:

Thanks for the feedback. And I think I found the problem, it looks like it might have something to do with the "enslavement condition." After I turned off the eager enslavement toggle and had my PC sleep, she woke up to find herself being sold.

Have encountered another issue, though, not entirely sure what to make of it. Following the sale, the previous follower continued to follow my PC and her new DF follower. I'm also using EFF, and I was able to get the former owner to leave using both standard dialogue options and the EFF commands. Under these conditions, is it normal for the former owner to stick around? Somewhat related, I have had difficulty enlisting additional followers before with this groups of NPCs, so suddenly having two came as a bit of a surprise.

Probably just a bug between Devious FOllowers and that particular Follower Manager Mod. I don't think I've experienced that on NFF? But I might be wrong about that

21 minutes ago, Hermaeus Moron said:

Good to know.

To clarify on this, what seems to work for me is to make sure never to take another deal while a previous one isn't fully done processing, and saving and reloading when I get a problem deal to try to kick it into working again

• 4 weeks later...

I searched the first 30 pages manually because the search function no longer works for old topics, but couldnt find an answer to my question; when you get dropped in the sightless pit after your follower loses hope that you'll repay, where does all your stuff go? Does the follower keep it, sell it to someone, or does it disappear forever?

1 hour ago, GregariousGibbon said:

I searched the first 30 pages manually because the search function no longer works for old topics, but couldnt find an answer to my question; when you get dropped in the sightless pit after your follower loses hope that you'll repay, where does all your stuff go? Does the follower keep it, sell it to someone, or does it disappear forever?

One of the caravaneers has it, IIRC you get a marker on them once you're though the dungeon. You can buy your stuff for mere 200 Gold.

1 hour ago, CaptainJ03 said:

One of the caravaneers has it, IIRC you get a marker on them once you're though the dungeon. You can buy your stuff for mere 200 Gold.

Ah right I remember now I think, Akhari right? Though I thought that happened when the owner gets annoyed and starts selling your stuff, and yeah I usually get a marker too. This time theres no marker, and leaving the dungeon didnt update any quest :P Maybe she still has it anyway.

59 minutes ago, Anunya said:

You can get out of the sightless pit? There's a dungeon? My characters always just drowned immediately...

Do you have realistic swimming or something haha? It takes like 3 seconds to get out. Falmer await.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2022 at 9:22 AM, Wild Trout said:

Yup', I've made that step :/ 

I've trying entering multiple cities as well, and it didn't change anything.

After looking at the _DFLicenses variables with ShowQuestVars _DFLicenses, I've noticed that a variable named "is_enabled" was set to false, I've manually set it to true and it did the trick. I don't know where that bug came from, but well, it's working now ^^' 

Thanks to you and @Anunya for the help, tho ! :D 

So, minor console ignorance here. How did you set that manually to true?

For a while now, I experience an issue with the Plug deal. 

In short; the plug gets hidden during SL animation scenes, which triggers the punishment of debt increase.
This isn't the first time and I noticed it stopping after removing Devious Devices - Equip, but for some reason it started happening again.  

Is there a way to fix this or disable the plug part without losing on the other deals (which required plug deal to trigger).
I'm kinda lost now that it started happening again when I thought I finally fixed the issue (found by disabling nearly every mod). 

Spoiler

[06/30/2023 - 01:59:12PM] [Zad]: StorePlugs()
[06/30/2023 - 01:59:12PM] [SLD] Sex starts
[06/30/2023 - 01:59:12PM] Mzin: Sex started on Sirin Darkwater
[06/30/2023 - 01:59:12PM] [DCUR] Public Indecency not allowed to trigger. Reason: Disabled.
[06/30/2023 - 01:59:12PM] [Zad]: Sirin Darkwater is not gagged.
[06/30/2023 - 01:59:13PM] [Zad]: Stored Bondage: [Armor < (1101FC4E)>]
[06/30/2023 - 01:59:13PM] DBA: GTcurrent=176.562622 ; GTlastupdate=176.562622 ; Morphupdate=176.596603 ; Transformupdate=176.552704 ; IdleStatus= False
[06/30/2023 - 01:59:13PM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Sirin Darkwater] StopAnimating(TRUE) - Sirin Darkwater- Angle:[X:0.000000Y:0.000000Z:304.305634] Position:[X:4925.651855Y:2521.907471Z:-170.730606]
[06/30/2023 - 01:59:13PM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Sirin Darkwater]  - Animation:Nibbles Fingering AdjustKey:TeraElinRaceVampireF Position:0 Stage:1
[06/30/2023 - 01:59:13PM] SEXLAB - NOTICE NibblesFingeringN - PositionOffsets()[Forward:0.000000,Sideward:0.000000,Upward:0.000000,Rotation:0.000000]
[06/30/2023 - 01:59:13PM] Mzin: Update alpha on Sirin Darkwater to 0.884853
[06/30/2023 - 01:59:13PM] [Zad]: PermitAnal TRUE
[06/30/2023 - 01:59:13PM] [Zad]: PermitVaginal TRUE
[06/30/2023 - 01:59:13PM] [Zad]: PermitBoobs TRUE
[06/30/2023 - 01:59:13PM] [Zad]: PermitOral TRUE
[06/30/2023 - 01:59:13PM] [Zad]: NoBindings TRUE
[06/30/2023 - 01:59:13PM] [Zad]: IsCreatureAnim False
[06/30/2023 - 01:59:13PM] [Zad]: HasBoundActors False

edit: went back to removing all mods and this time it's: Dogma - Thief. Luckily I already finished the quest line so nothing is lost. 

Edited by Straze

(Reposted here from elsewhere on the site because I unfucked my brain enough to track this thread back down)

Hey all,

First off, minor spoilers for Devious Followers' Potion quest below.

To make a long story short, I initiated the potion quest with one DF, progressed it to the point of having the first 'interaction' with that DF, decided I didn't like that follower, dismissed them, and got a new DF. However, the potion quest is still tying me to the first DF. There doesn't seem to be any in-lore way to reassign who the potion's addicted you to as far as I have found, and the debug/reset tools for the mod don't seem to affect the quest since the quest is permanently active. I tried to debug reset the mod, but the stat penalties were still there, the quest was still active, and the option to start the quest didn't show up once I had passed the correct threshold. I don't really want to uninstall/reinstall the whole mod just for this one quest, so I was wondering if there was some sort of console command to forcibly reset the quest.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

AK

On 7/1/2023 at 8:46 AM, Astara-Ki said:

(Reposted here from elsewhere on the site because I unfucked my brain enough to track this thread back down)

Hey all,

First off, minor spoilers for Devious Followers' Potion quest below.

To make a long story short, I initiated the potion quest with one DF, progressed it to the point of having the first 'interaction' with that DF, decided I didn't like that follower, dismissed them, and got a new DF. However, the potion quest is still tying me to the first DF. There doesn't seem to be any in-lore way to reassign who the potion's addicted you to as far as I have found, and the debug/reset tools for the mod don't seem to affect the quest since the quest is permanently active. I tried to debug reset the mod, but the stat penalties were still there, the quest was still active, and the option to start the quest didn't show up once I had passed the correct threshold. I don't really want to uninstall/reinstall the whole mod just for this one quest, so I was wondering if there was some sort of console command to forcibly reset the quest.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

AK

I think it is working as intended.

Can anyone tell me what the conditions are to trigger the forced version of the potion quest? My character has the required number of deals, but even at 0 willpower I haven't had anything occur after probably an hour or two of playing. Do you need to be in a specific location or are there some additional criteria? Thanks

On 7/2/2023 at 7:49 AM, deviant51 said:

I think it is working as intended.

Well, yeah, it is. That's why I was wondering if there was like a console command to change it; it makes sense in lore to not be able to rewrite the potion quest to a new DF. Uninstalling and reinstalling the mod might do it, but I have no idea if that'll fuck anything else up.

On 7/3/2023 at 3:16 PM, asdj1239 said:

Can anyone tell me what the conditions are to trigger the forced version of the potion quest? My character has the required number of deals, but even at 0 willpower I haven't had anything occur after probably an hour or two of playing. Do you need to be in a specific location or are there some additional criteria? Thanks

It requires another npc to be present and for no other events to be active, I believe. Try entering an inn somewhere and waiting there

This mod is so good and I can't play Skyrim without it anymore... No other mods out there make the followers as demanding and interesting as this one does... Also this gives away so many options in the MCM menu, you can really customize it a lot.

I have a few suggestions and questions though,

I would like if the process to be force a follower not be with the guards involved and instead be with a potential follower NPC just "deciding" that he will become your "bodyguard" because your willpower is low. 

And what I would like to know is, how difficult would it be to implement this on my own? Using the creation kit or maybe even SSEDIT, as a complete beginner in modding, to set Devious Followers as a possible outcome under certain conditions.

• 2 weeks later...

I know the mod author said that they're only interested in LE. So this is more a question of if someone else has already done it or interested in doing it. Or if someone knows of a way I could possibly do it?

Was wondering if there's a way to get the skooma deals to work if you have the corruption mod.

Edited by jaybunny

Does anyone have any suggestions for making the 'Naked in Towns' a little more customizable?

For example, I like to wear stuff from the TAWOBA bikini armor mod. Wearing things like a bra and panties obviously violate the 'Naked in towns' rule, so it makes sense I'd get punished for that. But I'd prefer if wearing belts/headgear/pauldrons/gloves or things like that didn't also trigger the detection and punish me. Is there a way to configure the mod so that it only checks the 'Body' slot rather than for everything the character is wearing? The deal even seems to strip jewelry like rings and amulets too.

Or alternatively, an option to just strip me when entering a city, without adding a big fine on top ?

Edited by ohsnapdragon
  • 1 month later...

For some reason if a new Deal is established with Follower i dont get the Item for that respective Deal anymore. Also when i ask for items, i dont get them anymore. If i use Debug Menu in Devious Followers to fit Items it only seems to work with some restraints, but not Piercings. They do exist in game though. And sometimes only after a very long time Items gets added to Inventory. Any solutions? Thanks

On 9/12/2023 at 11:07 AM, heinsc said:

For some reason if a new Deal is established with Follower i dont get the Item for that respective Deal anymore. Also when i ask for items, i dont get them anymore. If i use Debug Menu in Devious Followers to fit Items it only seems to work with some restraints, but not Piercings. They do exist in game though. And sometimes only after a very long time Items gets added to Inventory. Any solutions? Thanks

Can't recall finding any solutions. Seems to mainly be tied to the modular vag piercing deal though, so disabling that one should help if done preemptively.

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Itme_69 said:
51 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

Do you mean the potion deal?

I do, am sorry but its a tad late for me time wise and am not really double checking what I write

It's usually discussed in spoiler sections because it seems to be intended to be a surprise, a deal that seems too good to be true.  You can get a partial description a few pages back.  Basically it's...

Spoiler

a permanent compulsion to return to your master every few days (with debilitating consequences if you don't), even if you've managed to escape that relationship.  You're permanently cursed.  I personally don't see any advantage to taking the deal unless you're tiring of your game and looking to steer your character toward a bad end.  The deal won't end your ability to keep playing, of course, but you're stuck with this forever, which could lead a character into despair and other bad decisions.