Anthro Shark Race (Female Pictures Included :D) [REQ]

VinnyNotris

REALLY IMPORTANT UPDATE #5

if you guys want to help out totally spread the word about this to nexus or whatnot, because im thinking of not only doing these shark womans, but also doing other races afterward! so any help brought in from other places by linking this thread would be epic THANK YOU!

sure fire way to get alot of people banned from the nexus that.  I highly advise against linking to any other website of the nexus they are funny about that and you will most likely get banned within a week.

I vote sticking with cbbe. I like my body slide with extra sliders. Will deffinitely be an interesting mod to try out, though, it's a bit too cartoony for me right now. Also, don't forget about the eyes :), wouldn't want those to be static.

I'd love to help out, but I decided that I'd hold off on modding until niftools for blender 2.5 comes out.

I would hope for a UNP-BBP compatible body; the split between UNP/CBBE users isn't 50/50 but it's not as far in CBBE's favor as like 30/70 either. Conversions between the two are relatively simple too. Just a little food for thought.

By the way, I love this project - not only does it look great so far, I thoroughly applaud any attempt to actually do something different. I realize this mod isn't exclusively aimed at the furry community (considering aquatics are amongst the rarest and smallest sub-genre of furry to begin with), and god knows - the majority of furries are a toxic community - but it's awesome to see people actually making the efforts to step outside the very narrow Humanoid confines of 80% of even the better custom races people make.

Looks like great progress with the overall anatomy. As far as the limbs, I like the anatomy (claws and possibly equippable armblades and all) of this pic: http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Sharkgirl-277700643

As such, it might be nice to offer different options (e.g. normal vs digitigrade feet, etc). The Drake Dragon mod for Oblivion (one of the few race overhauls that I liked) did that.

Also, if something actually comes up, I might be able to help tweak the textures. Normals, speculars, gloss, subsurface, that stuff.

This is for later, but for rigging the tail, see http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/714802-custom-tails/

I'm having difficulty with the head. I was unable to get the head I have to fit believably on the human body so I'm likely going to have to redesign it.

Also, the more I think about it, the less I want to actually make the head morphs or worry about eye placement. To be completely honest, I only really want to make the mesh (once I have a workable design). That means one of two things: one, we make some concessions and have a static head. Or two, somebody else who knows how takes my work and creates the .TRI files and associated stuff from it. I simply don't have time to do it myself.

I'm having difficulty with the head. I was unable to get the head I have to fit believably on the human body so I'm likely going to have to redesign it.

Also, the more I think about it, the less I want to actually make the head morphs or worry about eye placement. To be completely honest, I only really want to make the mesh (once I have a workable design). That means one of two things: one, we make some concessions and have a static head. Or two, somebody else who knows how takes my work and creates the .TRI files and associated stuff from it. I simply don't have time to do it myself.

I don't think a static head is really much of a problem. People with the know-how will undoubtedly modify it to suit their own tastes anyway, and it's a pretty distinctive (and complicated) head structure to begin with.

Just an idea, feel free to dismiss;

I forget what mod it was, but it was for New vegas. I believe it was the Kystal fox mod.. Anyway, the modder simply made a "mask" or a helmet that went over the human head mesh.  It seemed to work rather well if the user didn't mind the lack of eye blinking or mouth expression.

Could try doing a similar route for the time being, and then work on an actual head mesh afterward.

i dont understand why a new body is even needed?  cant it just be a new head model and tail model attached onto a body mod that is already out there.
this mod so far seems to be becoming over complicated. Fins and stuff could be added as 'un-equipable item slots on the race by default or as Slider options in the hair section.

Pro's and Con's of doing it this way

Pro:
Potential compatibility with every body mod out there.  Only textures would need to be made for each supported body  'NOT A LOT OF WORK I AM A TEXTURER'
Feet, Hands, Tail and Heads 'if the models are to be custom' would be compatible with all the bodies out there because of the joints being in the same place across "NEARLY" all of the bodies released
A considerable amount of work less rigging an entirely new body. 
TBBP animation compatibility, because wet bouncing shark breasts. sounds like a nice sight to see.

Con:
Need to get permission to include someone elses body mod 'if you include it in the mod' if not you can just provide textures for the available bodies maximising user compatibility
the current work on the body wont be necessary so any efforts to make a new body may have been time wasted.
adding fins and such to the hair slider might be more difficult that it sounds

but as an obvious note, these are only objective opinions and will most likely be disregarded. I want to help to get this mod up and running

i dont understand why a new body is even needed?  cant it just be a new head model and tail model attached onto a body mod that is already out there.

this mod so far seems to be becoming over complicated. Fins and stuff could be added as 'un-equipable item slots on the race by default or as Slider options in the hair section.

Pro's and Con's of doing it this way

Pro:

Potential compatibility with every body mod out there.  Only textures would need to be made for each supported body  'NOT A LOT OF WORK I AM A TEXTURER'

Feet, Hands, Tail and Heads 'if the models are to be custom' would be compatible with all the bodies out there because of the joints being in the same place across "NEARLY" all of the bodies released

A considerable amount of work less rigging an entirely new body. 

TBBP animation compatibility, because wet bouncing shark breasts. sounds like a nice sight to see.

Con:

Need to get permission to include someone elses body mod 'if you include it in the mod' if not you can just provide textures for the available bodies maximising user compatibility

the current work on the body wont be necessary so any efforts to make a new body may have been time wasted.

adding fins and such to the hair slider might be more difficult that it sounds

but as an obvious note, these are only objective opinions and will most likely be disregarded. I want to help to get this mod up and running

Not to be a downer, but actually, if it was just select body parts "worn" on an existing body mod mesh, there would be seem issues in some places (usually it's the hips, but in this case, it'd be around the torso/shoulder areas somewhere). Also, you can't always just slap a piece of tailed "armor" onto a human-based body mesh. If the piece of "armor" itself hasn't been rigged correctly, it will just CTD the game (for an example; see the Diablo III Diablo armor suit available on this forum in the non-adults mod section, which only works on a race that has a tail to begin with).

Actually, even if it was built using - lets say, the Nord body as a base - with equipped parts to make up the shark appearance - it would still require re-skinning an existing Nord body mesh so it fits with the skintone of the individual parts. I'm definetely no authority on the subject, but I'm actually fairly certain it would be more complicated than it needs to be, making it up using equipped parts.

This is basically why there aren't really any mods of non-human/non-elf/non-orc based races with the same complexity as the existing beast races - the complication involved.

That said, your idea does work, fundamentally. If you use one of the better quality Argonian body meshes as a base, you can simply replace the tail mesh, force the sliders on the argonian head to minimize its size to fit inside the shark head "shell", and built the limb meshes to fit over the existing Argonian limbs. You will still have to reskin and redo the normal map for every part of the Argonian body not intended to be covered by a worn piece, however.

All my textures in earlier posts were based off argonian meshes and textures, Edhildil has already made modified tail meshes for them. Quick route would be copy the argonian, change head, tail and normals, possibly the body to something smooth, texture it up and should work as an alpha.

Just an idea, feel free to dismiss;

I forget what mod it was, but it was for New vegas. I believe it was the Kystal fox mod.. Anyway, the modder simply made a "mask" or a helmet that went over the human head mesh.  It seemed to work rather well if the user didn't mind the lack of eye blinking or mouth expression.

Could try doing a similar route for the time being, and then work on an actual head mesh afterward.

In Lonesome Road a Similar technique was used for Ulysses

If/When this does get set in motion and created.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33017

Would probably help set the mood if somebody hasn't seen this before.

I hope this get's implemented it seems really cool now that I've come back to it~

Maybe you could do something like the Dragon Race mod?

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17178

Of course changed but the head section could be replicated and altered to look better/more shark like, and even give it a transformation to change into a full scale shark?

Everyone, we're just doing a head and tail mod. Possibly little side bits, but they won't be part of the body mesh. CBBE is what texture we'll be starting with. The body you see in my images is something I did for *fun* and isn't going into the final product.

It's like any other race in skyrim. Argonian heads work with vanilla, CBBE, UNP, etc... and the head doesn't change. <- that's what we're doing.

this mod so far seems to be becoming over complicated.

Everyone, we're just doing a head and tail mod. Possibly little side bits, but they won't be part of the body mesh. CBBE is what texture we'll be starting with. The body you see in my images is something I did for *fun* and isn't going into the final product.

It's like any other race in skyrim. Argonian heads work with vanilla, CBBE, UNP, etc... and the head doesn't change. <- that's what we're doing.

so is it gonna look anything like a shark race or just another offskin of the Argonian race I was really looking forward to what u posted before.

so is it gonna look anything like a shark race or just another offskin of the Argonian race I was really looking forward to what u posted before.

As was I. If for whatever reason you don't go with what's been posted before, could you at least share the resources so someone else could pick it up and try and work with what's already been finished?

Archived