Anthro Shark Race (Female Pictures Included :D) [REQ]

VinnyNotris

Hey, vbo, any chance you'd like to make some of the Argonian "tribe" variants like the Naga, Paatru, Sarpa, Agacephs, or Archeins? It also seems like you could easily do a Final Fantasy Bangaa rendition for Skyrim no sweat!

Like I said, I'm down for anything so long as I have someone to help me with the technical details. Doing lore specific stuff would be awesome.

[spoiler=Update]

post-90845-0-64354100-1362558414_thumb.jpg

I understand that the bodytype is a personal preference, don't worry. This is more a concept sculpt than anything, as I'm sure I need to adjust it to fit the skeleton (I personally think an apex predator would be stocky and heavyset, but that's me).

Can anyone link me to a good guide to how modding faces so I know what my limits are? I don't want to go too much farther until I know that I can put the eyes where they are, have the mouth in the right place, etc..

Hey, vbo, any chance you'd like to make some of the Argonian "tribe" variants like the Naga, Paatru, Sarpa, Agacephs, or Archeins? It also seems like you could easily do a Final Fantasy Bangaa rendition for Skyrim no sweat!

Like I said, I'm down for anything so long as I have someone to help me with the technical details. Doing lore specific stuff would be awesome.

[spoiler=Update]

attachicon.gifSharkBoobs_01.jpg

I understand that the bodytype is a personal preference, don't worry. This is more a concept sculpt than anything, as I'm sure I need to adjust it to fit the skeleton (I personally think an apex predator would be stocky and heavyset, but that's me).

Can anyone link me to a good guide to how modding faces so I know what my limits are? I don't want to go too much farther until I know that I can put the eyes where they are, have the mouth in the right place, etc..

Yes! Some lore-stuff would indeed be awesome.

Your shark lady is coming along nicely, and I'm sure some people will definitely like these proportions!

Ahem, sorry, I should have been more forward. I prefer male anatomy over female. And you are right, an Apex predator should be stocky and heavy set. A big buff macho shark guy would be to die for. <3

I'm not a 3D designer, so I'm not sure what you mean, but I assume you mean .tri files?

Here are two links whatever the case:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14589

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11748

If you just mean making the face's meshes or something... I'm not sure.

[spoiler=Update]

Wow! Yummy. Me likes  :D

An idea: If you, great modding folks, ever make anthro-horses, I'll vote for you on some elections  :D

Wait a minute, use nifskope for importing and exporting? Don't thought that it is real :lol:  By the way, I am using 3ds max with nif importing/exporting plug-in to work with models from Skyrim.

I think I'm right, but i am most likely wrong, after all I'm idiot when it comes to these types of matters. I just remember it saying import and export when i first got it, and i haven't really used it since.

I love it so far. If we follow the first picture on the op for female anatomy we will be perfect. I'm not saying the shark babes shouldn't be buff, even in that first picture they are kinda Amazonian. After that we can make Rambo shark doods too.

Oh the head is really darn close to the first screenshot everybody likes.

But anyways, if I'm not mistaken, that mesh is a high res sculpt, right? Do you have low poly meshes ready for it too or will you make those after sculpting?

Yes, I'll do what's call a retopology of the sculpture when it's finished which results in a lowres mesh. It's easier to do it that way in my opinion.

I love it so far. If we follow the first picture on the op for female anatomy we will be perfect. I'm not saying the shark babes shouldn't be buff, even in that first picture they are kinda Amazonian. After that we can make Rambo shark doods too.

Sure. Do we want to keep to the CBBE body (actual CBBE mesh), or go full custom? I doubt the body itself would be too much work as it's just a mesh like any other armour. If we go that route I can add anatomical details to the sculpt itself and have them reflected in the normal map. Obvious caveat however is it'd be incompatble with all armours.

Also, I'm looking at this custom head stuff, and it gets fairly complicated. Is there anyone who's done something on this level before? I'm still a novice with the actual modding stuff, so if I can get a good example to follow/look at it'll make this go faster. And thanks for the guides on .TRI files scatterlkmn, they cleared a few things up for me.

[spoiler=Update]

You are pretty amazing at this

Oh the head is really darn close to the first screenshot everybody likes.

But anyways, if I'm not mistaken, that mesh is a high res sculpt, right? Do you have low poly meshes ready for it too or will you make those after sculpting?

Yes, I'll do what's call a retopology of the sculpture when it's finished which results in a lowres mesh. It's easier to do it that way in my opinion.

Sure. Do we want to keep to the CBBE body (actual CBBE mesh), or go full custom? I doubt the body itself would be too much work as it's just a mesh like any other armour. If we go that route I can add anatomical details to the sculpt itself and have them reflected in the normal map. Obvious caveat however is it'd be incompatble with all armours.

Also, I'm looking at this custom head stuff, and it gets fairly complicated. Is there anyone who's done something on this level before? I'm still a novice with the actual modding stuff, so if I can get a good example to follow/look at it'll make this go faster. And thanks for the guides on .TRI files scatterlkmn, they cleared a few things up for me.

I think will be better to keep to the CBBE body and then no one need to change it. I really do not know what about the fin on the back, if he needed at all, then it would be nice to present it as a separate part, as well as the tail. But the most important thing now is the head. Thank you for working on this project.

Great! You're welcome. I picked up key words here and there sifting through modder stuff. The .TRI files were the only thing I could think of involving faces.

I guess this can be a way I can contribute by looking for tutorials or guides that might point you in the right direction to get your work into Skyrim!

Let's see, I've turned up this so far:

might give you some insight on how you can use your models and apply them to the game. I hope.

Skyrim Tutorials (on Nexus Forums) seems to have a solid list of material that could help you, especially Getting 3ds Max skinned meshes in-game by Vannus.

Also, glaze over this whole topic. People are adding in their own tutorials. On pg21, spookymunky mentions he/she is making a completely new creature (race) to add to Skyrim. I think the most interesting thing though is spookymunky has scripts using this Softimage mod tool. I don't know if spookymunky is on the right track, but you might have some idea. If nothing else, it seems worth looking at.

scatterlkmn, another valuable link, thank you. I'm a little less apprehensive about this being possible now, I just need to dig and and get started.

Also a heads up, I'm busy until tomorrow so no updates yet. When I'm free again I'll be reworking the sculpt to fit CBBE, retopologize it, bake normals and textures. That should only take a day or two. After that we start the fun process of making it work in skyrim.

And thanks for the support everyone

That's some awesome progress you got going on there. That last pic from vbo looks very feminine, and splendidly well done. Can't wait to see the real thing.

Anyway I am not a modder myself although I make basic mods for my personal use and often edit dds textures that I use but I'd like to help with this project if I can, and best I can offer is my graphical design skills. I can if you want, design any propaganda for your mod, logo, banners, ingame design related material w/e.
Let me know if I can help.

I recently made the graphic stuff for this mod and the logo for this mod. Just to give you an idea of what I am talking about.

Vinny, can I get a working copy of the parts of the mod you're working on? I'd need to do some tests, and you already have the custom race setup so it's a good starting point.

I need to find my external. Its got the working esp on it. It may be at my other residence. I'll try to get u it asap

scatterlkmn, another valuable link, thank you. I'm a little less apprehensive about this being possible now, I just need to dig and and get started.

Also a heads up, I'm busy until tomorrow so no updates yet. When I'm free again I'll be reworking the sculpt to fit CBBE, retopologize it, bake normals and textures. That should only take a day or two. After that we start the fun process of making it work in skyrim.

And thanks for the support everyone

W00t!~ I am glad to be of help. ^=^

I know it can be a headache just trying to find where to start and some guidelines to follow so at least I was able to get the tedious websurfing out of the way for you. I'm really excited about what headway you'll make now.

Archived