Anthro Shark Race (Female Pictures Included :D) [REQ]

VinnyNotris

Hey there, I just wanted to provide some background story, I added documents on the very bottom.

Since English is not my native language, I'd welcome any help of someone with a better vocabulary than mine to correct and beautify this basic idea.

Last but not least I have left those brackets open since II'd recommend the one who originally wanted this race to exist to choose names, of course you can just ask me and I'll throw out my own ideas to this topic, every last bit of creativity is welcomed.

(Oh and of course, you are free to "adjust" or recreate but please don't say it's yours, this is for a whole community, thank you.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deep, deep down below the water surface on the very ocean floor there lies the city of [City Name], the capital of the [Race Name], the Shark People.

Few have visited this city so far away from anything else, but those who have, may tell you stories about the beautiful wonders and marvellous society of the [Race Name].

Houses built out of seaweed, corals and seashells, streets formed by smaller sea currents, carriages pulled by sea horses, dolphins or even whales and of course the wondrous sea palaces made of glittering pearls, shining through water.

There they pray to [Goddess Name], the queen of the sea and their only godlike individual, still you will find some knowledge about the 9 or 8 Gods respectively here and there but this society never failed her majesty and will perhaps never do.

[Goddess Name] is not only the queen of the sea but also an almighty being and many [Race Name] do believe in a prophecy that one day she will return from her voyage and at that day the ocean will rise above the land and she will reward her followers with all the power they would want above those who did not follow her.

A complete stranger to these tales would wonder, why a race of sharks seems so cultivated and isn't a tribe of dangerous and destructive monsters, but the answer to this question lies in their origins.

In fact, little is known and less is true about the [Race “Own” Name], People of the Sea, as they like to call themselves, and even less is true.

First of all, what is known is their appearance.

They bear quite a striking similarity to common sharks, although, like sharks, they may differ vastly in terms of skin colour or head and tail shape.

Ironically they also share some features with Men and Mer or the other Beast races, like the ability to walk or a real voice, although they rely on their own form of communication underwater which has little in common with a typical voice or dialogue any more.

Their evolution is in fact a big mystery, even for themselves.

Many believe in some sort of event often referred to as the Great Descend, leading to the downfall of a once great culture.

A magical experiment or anything in this direction that backfired and sent those people now known as [Race Name] to the very bottom of the sea.

There, by magic or by nature, they were formed into what they are now, still keeping and clinging to their long forgotten history and heritage.

And yet others believe some sort of connection between the [Race Name] and the Argonians, since they show quite some similarities, like the ability to breathe underwater or their rather thick skin.

The elves are quite fascinated about the culture of the Shark People, thus leading them to prefer the first variant and insist on an elven culture that descended and that the [Race Name] are actually Mer too, although very different in terms of appearance now.

Fact is, that nobody knows by sure where they did come from or who they really are, not even themselves, but it is obvious that this doesn't matter now, rising once again.

As already said, the Mer openly and often warmly welcome their “brothers and sisters” and the Argonians do like them quite much as well for the similarities they share.

But most of the humans do hold a grudge against them, especially the Nord, telling more tales than stories about innocent fishers being ripped or drowned by those monstrous creatures.

So a [Race Name] won't find many friends in Skyrim, much like the Mer, Khajiit and Argonians.

Truth be told they are definitely fierce warriors and strong fighters, but also quite capable sorcerers and especially herbalists, with all the knowledge about sea plants you could ever want.

In the end it is up to yourself, what you want to believe or not, or if you really want to listen to those old tales of an old man like me, but beware...

The sea is rising once again and will bring forth the currents of change and destiny.

The ocean or the land shall rule and the [Race Name] will definitely make their choice.

Temp.doc

All this awesome win is ahmayzen VBO THOSE LOOK FREAKING AWESOME!!!! also yeah I have really extensive vocabulary I might put that back story into a book, of course I'll touch it up with my good writing skills :D thanks for that too man !

And by revise. I mean add in their that in the real lore Orcs HATE sharks with a damn passion, but you actually got the lore right on the elves taking the most interest. However the sharks don't care much for the elves. Or any race besides the argonians. Argonians and the sharks have close ties. And sharks do have their own variant of armor, which looks something similar to orcish

I mean absolutely no offense, but I can't say I like the dorsal fin being attached to the back of the head. Beggars can't be choosers, I would still definitely use this race once it's complete. If you were willing to make a second version with a back dorsal fin, I suggest making the fin an equippable item scripted to automatically equip itself, and is non-droppable. I would suggest doing the same with the tail regardless, so it will stay on the body when you put clothes on. I say this because if you want to keep the tail visible without having to be nude, you would have to edit EVERY piece of armor in the game to incorporate a tail. Making the tail into a piece of apparel solves this issue in the easiest way possible, and could also be applied to the dorsal fin. This insures maximum compatibility and much less work on your part  ;)

Also vbo, take another look at the first picture texture wise. Idk if it would look better the way the face is colored. You no like its level with the snout area, not like just the bottom jaw. Also I so want to see the model with the outer skin being a more steel gray and the belly the same :). Or just make a bunch of variants and guys should we take the head fin off and have it a separate model that can be a hairstyle? I know like above has requested but they are sharks, preferable it stays

We could make the fin a hair style... That would solve that :3

It would solve the issue, but then what if someone wanted to put hair on the shark?

<------ :lol:

tumblr_lvtdfcoAxW1qh3et7.jpg

If someone made me this^ as a New Vegas playable.... oh god.. 

Sorry I'm getting ahead of myself  :lol:

For the fin as a hair style option, you could have a basic hair style with the fin and without, bald with fin and its variants, and other hair styles (i.e. Corean's, etc.) without the fin. The option list might be a little long when finished, but it could work. It's just too bad that Oblivion does not have empty slots for equipment like Skyrim does... is there something in Oblivion Script Extender that might add those? I dunno what's out there.

By the way, ShiftUP, that's an awesome design your shark-girl has. Not only her anatomy but her whole outfit and hairstyle too. Very cool!

Hey! Good job, The Lord. Vinny, I'm a decent writer, I could shape this up for you so the syntax will make more sense, then all you'd have to do is personalize it to your liking. Whatever the case, I like how many people are contributing to this and how consistent the progress is lately. It's pretty exciting seeing this reach fruition.

We could make the fin a hair style... That would solve that :3

It would solve the issue, but then what if someone wanted to put hair on the shark?

<------ :lol:

tumblr_lvtdfcoAxW1qh3et7.jpg

If someone made me this^ as a New Vegas playable.... oh god.. 

Sorry I'm getting ahead of myself  :lol:

Well they could possibly make it act like the argonian hair where the horns and hair get customized but instead have the fin and hair customized

I lied about updates:

attachicon.gifsharktits_03.jpg

Body is just a quick sketch and what I had in mind for possible textures (fun and good practice too). If I'm updating too much let me know. I know some people get upset with constant WIP

When ur done with this model think your gonna do a model with a smaller bust size to me I think id wanna play the race with a smaller bust size :3

I lied about updates:

Body is just a quick sketch and what I had in mind for possible textures (fun and good practice too). If I'm updating too much let me know. I know some people get upset with constant WIP

When ur done with this model think your gonna do a model with a smaller bust size to me I think id wanna play the race with a smaller bust size :3

You wont have to worry  its CBBE  you can determine the bust size  with body slider.

I lied about updates:

You wont have to worry  its CBBE  you can determine the bust size  with body slider.

Awesome cant wait to do this mod when its done I think  it'd be awesome if there was a underwater village for them well if its possible and not to much work.

it would be pretty cool if the slaughterfish was replaced with shark girls. would make swimming in the game much more interesting  

Naw what we need is Actual threats in the water... maybe have slaughterfish swarm like piranhas or have them far tougher

Well I got everything ready so as soon as vbo sends those head/tail/body models and textures I can put it in the game. Vbo you put the head/tail etc as different models? With respective bumpmaps and textures for each?

Well Im sure that means it's coming soon, cant wait and I hope everything works out! 

would i be right to be under the assumption this will be just a head and tail mesh? if so then it would be compatible with alot of bodies providing the textures are released. it would also be a pain to rig another body type to tbbp :) hope thats the case as it will be amazing then!

im happy to work on some less cartoony textures when this is at a playable level, feel free to reply in forum or directly to me using the labs messaging system.

Archived