Anthro Shark Race (Female Pictures Included :D) [REQ]

VinnyNotris

Kind of reminds me of the old Jaws movie posters, but anyway what program did you use? Blender, 3dmax or what?

That was the idea, the file is called jaws,jpg ;) Used zBrush

More headshots:

sharkheadshots.jpg?token_hash=AAHEM2suyE

I'm not worried about the fin, because I'll only do it when I have the TRI's done. Besides the fin could be added as a headpart instead of doing as a morph target. Also, to add some more variety, I was planning on doing some catfish whiskers (kinda like hair parts), since catfishes and sharks share some morphological resemblance.

I've also took a better look at the inherited morphs from the argonian, some are fine, some only need some minor smoothing, some will require quite some work to get corrected. I'd like to remember, that this is just a "hobby" project for me though, so dont expect me to finish this very soon.

It's great having another to be working on this, since i am both inexperienced, busy, and lazy as can be. I will still be working on my models, after all we need at least 4; one low weight female and male, and one high weight female and male. Though it's great to have you joining us, welcome to the team.

Grinning im looking  at the shape of the heads and  the  texures  that were a few pages   back and  going hmmm  a  vampiric  shark ( i mean they are predators) would  look  odd  but  awesome biting people on the neck... sorry anyway back to reality.... What color  eyes  were you guys  thinking i was thinking..  blue ( kinda  oceanic blue) Black of  course Red and  maybe purple like  a  bright  or  a  dark purple  to really stand out .. i mean cause  well im thinking of  where  sharks  may live  and  depending on lightsources  etc... I know its a bit  early since  still working on models and all ( For  which  i love whats coming  up and  the textures  look great  from what i saw)

I am hoping that they  will be  BBP/TBBPcompatible  since we do want it  CBBE..

Vinny, i just want to tell you that I will not be able to work on my models at all till next Sunday or so. I have some business down South that i have to take care of, so i won't be able to work on my computer till i get back. This is just a heads up.

its all good thanks for the heads up

I don't think it'd be possible to make a "more feminine" head... Some sexual dismorphism, yeah, maybe, but it's a beast race based on a very expressionless predator... Anyway, I'm not doing anything here, just waiting to see how this turns out. [not sure if you guys could aim for something simpler, tho, but check "La Femme Lycanna" on Nexus. It's clearly a smaller and feminine version of werewolf, but it doesn't look... exagerated]

its possible but difficult... because no one has a clear idea of how a female to male shark anthropomorphic humanoid would look like... in regards to the 'face' regions for physical praportions, however this can be solved by using color palettes to distinguish female and male (aside from gender parts)...

could have darker or more solid coloring be male and the brighter less solid colors be female... or come up with something that is universally acceptable (generally speaking) in regards to markings.

edit:

just takes some thought... not exactly hard.

Well, right now we have two modelers; me and vectormuscle, we both are working on different versions of the shark girls. I can only speak myself, because i don't know what vector already has done. All of my meshes; head, body, hands and feet are still in progress, i like to work on multiple things at the same time. So when i get some of them done, which could be soon depending on my college classes and the amount of free time i have that i don't spend on sleeping. If that doesn't answer your question, I'll use the words of the great 8 ball,  "ask again later."

I just did the TRI files (still need some tweaks in some morphs), from the TRI, I'll extract the head ofc... but I'm doing this as a "hobby" mod just to have some fun modeling. so if you already have the head done, no point in counting with what I'm doing, since I changed the poly count and deleted some vertex used for the spikes in the argonian head,  to better fit a cleaner geometry to the shark head.

Unless you want to use the head I've done as a base. I know you guys are looking for something more feminine, so, I'm totally ok with sharing it and then you just do a more feminine morph as you please. Personally, I'd like to see it developed as a race for both males and females, so I don't mind keeping in what I'm doing for a male version, although I'm perfectly aware that the thread was targeted at shark boobs ;)

I just did the TRI files (still need some tweaks in some morphs), from the TRI, I'll extract the head ofc... but I'm doing this as a "hobby" mod just to have some fun modeling. so if you already have the head done, no point in counting with what I'm doing, since I changed the poly count and deleted some vertex used for the spikes in the argonian head,  to better fit a cleaner geometry to the shark head.

Unless you want to use the head I've done as a base. I know you guys are looking for something more feminine, so, I'm totally ok with sharing it and then you just do a more feminine morph as you please. Personally, I'd like to see it developed as a race for both males and females, so I don't mind keeping in what I'm doing for a male version, although I'm perfectly aware that the thread was targeted at shark boobs ;)

yeah sure continue, i originally planned on making both genders, just females take the front seat in this one, so i wasn't planning on making the males till after i get the females done.

To me, the fin seems to be as a possible independent variable. Where other humanoids have hair or horns, the shark has differently sized fins, some with a tear in it or a scar perhaps. With some minor differences it could lead to a lot of variety...to customize your character.

Hey, I'm a sculptor and 3D artist. If yall can actually get these files into the game (or show me how), I'd love to help out with this. I can do a high res sculpt, retopology and bake maps/textures. Somebody just needs to tell me how to get it into a format the game can use.

I'm also interested in collaborating on other races if this one is taken. I have a penchant for reptiles and non-furries, but I'm game for anything. I just want to get into modding.

Hey, I'm a sculptor and 3D artist. If yall can actually get these files into the game (or show me how), I'd love to help out with this. I can do a high res sculpt, retopology and bake maps/textures. Somebody just needs to tell me how to get it into a format the game can use.

I'm also interested in collaborating on other races if this one is taken. I have a penchant for reptiles and non-furries (and my own creation, Slinks), but I'm game for anything. I just want to get into modding.

[spoiler=Relevant stuff]

8096115@400-1338533958.jpg

Well, Skyrim uses dds files for textures and Nif files for meshes, so most people (including me) seems to use GIMP's dds file format for textures and NIFSkope for importing and exporting models. And it would be nice to have an another you knows what he's doing, as I'm still a bit of beginner when it comes to modeling.

I'm also interested in collaborating on other races if this one is taken. I have a penchant for reptiles and non-furries (and my own creation, Slinks), but I'm game for anything. I just want to get into modding.

[spoiler=Relevant stuff]

attachicon.gif1338533958.vbo_s_sculpt3.jpg

OH SHIT SON

I'm loving this design... more so the head than the body since busty boobs'n'booty ain't my boat floater, BUT, this whole thing is impressive.

Hey, vbo, any chance you'd like to make some of the Argonian "tribe" variants like the Naga, Paatru, Sarpa, Agacephs, or Archeins? It also seems like you could easily do a Final Fantasy Bangaa rendition for Skyrim no sweat!

Anyway, sorry, I know this has nothing to do with the anthro sharks, but I've been checking out this topic now and again, following its progress. I'm cheering you guys on with this whole project.

Archived