[iDEA] Loss of Humanity (expansive beast transformation)

Round 1 and 2 creatures  

524 members have voted

1. 1. Into which creatures would you most like to see your PC (or NPCs) gradually and irrevocably transform? Please note that skunk will automatically be included. YOU CAN VOTE FOR MULTIPLE IF YOU LIKE

• Rat
    • Squirrel
    • Chicken
    • Hyena
    • Goat
    • Bovine (would expand upon or relate to BaC)
    • Deer
    • Horse
    • Raccoon
    • Mouse
    • Rabbit
    • Wasp
    • Spider (probably a garden spider)

Loss of Humanity

A mod about involuntary and irrevocable transformation into more bestial figures.

NOTE

This is more or less the announcement of a mod to gauge community interest and attract suggestions, tips, and resources going forward.

I hope you enjoy the concept even a fraction as much as I do and that you eventually get to see it come to fruition with me!

Introduction

Functional Transformation Virus, known to most as The Beast Curse or simply, the Curse, alters the DNA of an individual, gradually altering their biology to exhibit characteristics of another animal.

The workings of the affliction are known only vaguely and to very few; the means to employ it as a tool, however, has sparked far too many imaginations. Almost every station in life has access to the Curse, thanks to many desperate or daring entrepreneurs finding ways to accumulate and sell it in shady alleys and quiet halls. 

A spurned lover seeking vengeance. A jealous citizen aiming to watch their contented neighbor descend into despair. Motivations of lust, greed, bigotry- the applications for malintent are endless. Often debilitated and unable to ply their trade, most victims of the Curse become dead weight to their families, some eventually being forced onto the street or into the wilderness. Others find themselves working demeaning jobs as slaves, in function if not in name.

Yet not all view the Beast Curse as an affliction. Many among the wealthy have used the world's experience with the virus to apply self-supposed "refinements" to themselves, whether it be for pure aesthetics, risky curiosity, or the promise of pleasure. Such experimentation is a gamble, and a fair share of nobles have been forced to retreat from the public eye or relinquish their wealth to survive after the results of their endeavors.

Still, others see past the changes. Willing to live among those afflicted, accepting them and seeking ways to accommodate or cure them, they make refuge for the Cursed, even creating a few camps and settlements across the land.

Summary

I had always put off trying out Milk Mod Economy and had for a while been curious about Being a Cow, but I finally took the plunge and have been eager to expand upon that kind of experience.

To me this mod is an exploration of the fantasies of debilitation and otherness- and both the hostile and friendly personal interactions associated with them. And surely there will be lots of freaky sex and stuff!

Features for V1

• Skunk Affliction
    • Skunks will be stinky and fluffy
  • Rat Affliction
    • Rats will be disease-ridden and, well... ratty.
  • Quests with healers, Cursed, slavers, followers, and others augmenting and exploring the experience of being one of the Cursed.
  • NPCs will have dialogue and actions showing that they are aware of their transformation.
  • Potions, poisons, and other means of triggering the changes
  • mesh changes (feet and hands growing claws, tail growth)
    • I'd love to employ the rat heads from one of the rat race mods out there (and something similar for skunks)
  • texture changes (probably employing SlaveTats)
  • body addons- ears, tails, etc.
  • Immersive gameplay implications
    • Voice and body function changes and/or outbursts like Being a Cow's mooing under various circumstances
    • losing the ability to equip certain items
    • being generally less accepted in conversations, etc.
  • Triggers for transformation acceleration or deceleration, like how milking progresses BAC

I'm excited to hear your feedback!

3 hours ago, Undauntable said:

I'd also like to eventually add an ungulate-based transformation because I want to make/see the grotesque hand/feet transition.

Like so... (this is for an odd-toed ungulate, of which there are few... rhinos and tapirs basically)

Oddtoedtransform.jpg

Sounds difficult but i'd love to see it happen 

I personally care more about gameplay changes then cosmetics, which can for the most part be handled by the player themselves. I'd be more interested in adding behavior to NPC's depending on the transformation, both positive and negative. NPC's might for example shun the player publically or force them to spend the night in lock-up, while also giving them the chance to work unique low-paying professions (chicken coop guild?).

1 hour ago, Moprop said:

Alright that's your choice. Don't quite see why you would mind others not doing so. Bit rude even mate.

where do you see that my statement refers to others?!?!
it's my personal opinion, which refers to me alone!
So nix "NO" with * bit rude even mate *! :classic_wink:

24 minutes ago, winny257 said:

where do you see that my statement refers to others?!?!
it's my personal opinion, which refers to me alone!
So nix "NO" with * bit rude even mate *! :classic_wink:

Because you directly quoted me and it was based on what I said. Seems pretty clearcut to me, but fine If you say you meant nothing bad, we're good.

23 hours ago, Moprop said:

Because you directly quoted me and it was based on what I said. Seems pretty clearcut to me, but fine If you say you meant nothing bad, we're good.

I quoted you for this (chicken coop guild?), therefore the gif.
the written referred to me.
me is completely no matter as what others are in the game, from me out also as a caterpillar. :classic_laugh:

source.gif

On 9/18/2019 at 10:37 AM, Moprop said:

I personally care more about gameplay changes then cosmetics, which can for the most part be handled by the player themselves. I'd be more interested in adding behavior to NPC's depending on the transformation, both positive and negative. NPC's might for example shun the player publically or force them to spend the night in lock-up, while also giving them the chance to work unique low-paying professions (chicken coop guild?).

I definitely aim to immerse users in the entire experience of the transformation. Things like changes to behavior and disposition around you and others who have changed. I've also been thinking of the kinds of menial jobs or cattle-like existence that would await those with more advanced mutations. For most, just about any profession would be impossible. On the other hand/hoof/paw, new Cursed communities will learn to live with their new conditions, and perhaps new vocations may open up due to their human intelligence with substantially different stature/appendages.

23 hours ago, winny257 said:

but seriously, I am a human, and as such I will present myself in the game.
certainly not as an animal, I go the evolutionary ladder not backwards! :classic_laugh:

It seems like LoH won't be your cup of tea, but who knows?

Everyone has their own fantasies, fears, and whatnot. We're also animals ourselves, but I get your intent. I don't see this mod (or other concepts of animal hybridization) as steps backwards in any particular sense. We did not evolve from rats, cows, wasps, or horses. Mixed DNA (or magic or whatever other premise for animalistic features) is simply a change, be it a curse, a blessing, an accident, etc.

I have several reasons that I like anthropomorphic animals and animal-like humanoids, and I can certainly see why most people generally aren't attached to the concept. In this case, the concept is also tied to it being an involuntary mutation away from being strictly human, both on the genetic level and on a cultural/societal level. I enjoy experiencing and considering the limits of morality, humanity, acceptance. Who has truly lost their humanity when someone's misfortune and subsequent ineptitude with basic societal norms becomes reason to ostracize them? I have my personal answer, but I like asking the questions to generate discussion and get other perspectives.

34 minutes ago, AberRational said:

I have several reasons that I like anthropomorphic animals and animal-like humanoids, and I can certainly see why most people generally aren't attached to the concept. In this case, the concept is also tied to it being an involuntary mutation away from being strictly human, both on the genetic level and on a cultural/societal level. I enjoy experiencing and considering the limits of morality, humanity, acceptance. Who has truly lost their humanity when someone's misfortune and subsequent ineptitude with basic societal norms becomes reason to ostracize them? I have my personal answer, but I like asking the questions to generate discussion and get other perspectives.

Well said!

Also it seems I'm the only mouse in town xD

Just in case I'm all for horse and spiders too ;D

DD Ponygirl for too long, SLUTS won't let you get away too easy, SL-Wintersun deity curse?

⛓️?=> Horsegirl! ?

EC+ES or Kyne's Blessing infection, SL-Wintersun deity curse?

☣️ => Spidergirl ?️!

Time to lay some eggs in ZAZ cocooned NPC pray ?️

What? No Chaurus Girls? ?

Also I drop this link here for inspiration:

Dividedbythe9s has some crazy mutated followers already

6 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

Well said!

Also it seems I'm the only mouse in town xD

Just in case I'm all for horse and spiders too ;D

DD Ponygirl for too long, SLUTS won't let you get away too easy, SL-Wintersun deity curse?

⛓️?=> Horsegirl! ?

EC+ES or Kyne's Blessing infection, SL-Wintersun deity curse?

☣️ => Spidergirl ?️!

Time to lay some eggs in ZAZ cocooned NPC pray ?️

What? No Chaurus Girls? ?

Also I drop this link here for inspiration:

Dividedbythe9s has some crazy mutated followers already

You're not the only mouse- I made the list from things I'd want to work on. I like rat and mice people for different reasons. Definitely some distinctions worth considering, like the shorter snout and generally softer features has an appeal. ?

I like the suggestions for transformation causes/accelerants. Using ponygirl stuff for a couple of my characters has been a big motivator for the mod! I wished I could just put on the ears without the bit and such... ?

Also, I hadn't considered chaurus... I'm open to the idea. I may add that in the future, but probably not V1/2. I can always change my mind- and I'm open to any appeals on their behalf. ?

And lastly, those are some rad companions! I hadn't seen them before. I could definitely hit up the author for some consultation/collaboration. Thanks for sharing that!

I am looking forward to your MOD starting production

It's also interesting that humans have become more like animals

In fact, I particularly like this kind of MOD

I would also like you to add a variety of species, perhaps insects or livestock.

It also adds stages, such as the extent of change or how much of a human trait is left.

At the end of the day you can still retain some of your human features

But it could also be quadrupling or multiple breasts or something.

Looking forward to your work

I can't wait to test it.:):)

On 9/20/2019 at 7:32 PM, AberRational said:

I'm excited to see spider getting so much love!

I am also pondering the numerous votes for horse- are these votes for "centaur" or anthropomorphic horse?

Definitely anthropomorphic horse :classic_wink:  

and a few pieces for inspiration

Spoiler

3de90e61b93946c1cf233751c79b553d.png

Spoiler

7f057684393902812f52a502f0686e8c.png

Spoiler

bf0ec9db8e10a35ab5478ee259a5ff6f.png

48 minutes ago, poblivion said:

Definitely anthropomorphic horse :classic_wink:  

and a few pieces for inspiration

Reveal hidden contents

3de90e61b93946c1cf233751c79b553d.png

Reveal hidden contents

7f057684393902812f52a502f0686e8c.png

Reveal hidden contents

bf0ec9db8e10a35ab5478ee259a5ff6f.png

? ??? ?:face_horse:? ?

Ahem. I mean- Awesome! Those are definitely similar to what I imagined.

EDIT: I'm generally about hyper-realism (even/especially if it's awkward or grotesque) as opposed to the usual cartoon anthro type things, but there are always exceptions... ?

Been watching this thread for a while, thought it was time to post and say I fully support this idea. I usually don't play as a human/elf (or anything that isn't a beast/anthro race, for that matter), but I love me some TF so I'd be willing to play as one provided they wouldn't keep their humanity for long, lol. :classic_rolleyes:

On 9/20/2019 at 7:32 PM, AberRational said:

I am also pondering the numerous votes for horse- are these votes for "centaur" or anthropomorphic horse?

In my case, that vote is indeed for anthro horses.

Not that a centaur transformation wouldn't be nice, mind you; but it simply wouldn't be feasible ingame. There's been a centaur project already, and while it sorta works as a proof of concept, it will never work as a fully-fledged playable race. So I don't think such a thing is even possible given the game's limitations.

1 hour ago, AberRational said:

@poblivion Also, where did you find those drawings?

Dunno if that's where poblivion found them, but a quick search of the signature on the pics (Siyah) has come up with plenty of hits on E621. 206, to be precise, lol.

You can find all their content available on E6 on this link. You can also add extra seach terms/tags alongside the artist's name to filter the results (i.e. "horse", "female", "anthro", etc.).

31 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Been watching this thread for a while, thought it was time to post and say I fully support this idea. I usually don't play as a human/elf (or anything that isn't a beast/anthro race, for that matter), but I love me some TF so I'd be willing to play as one provided they wouldn't keep their humanity for long, lol. :classic_rolleyes:

In my case, that vote is indeed for anthro horses.

I really hope you'll find it to your liking!

Horses are one of my favorite anthropomorphic concepts (along with skunks, porcupines, and moose). I honestly did not expect such a break away lead for them! I almost didn't include them because I figured it wouldn't generate much interest. Now I'm curious how skunks would fare in the vote had I not automatically included them in the first round of content. I don't really have any presence in any anthro forums or anything, so I'm kind of blind to creature popularity.

I'm excited to see how making a horse transformation will go.

38 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Dunno if that's where poblivion found them, but a quick search of the signature on the pics (Siyah) has come up with plenty of hits on E621. 206, to be precise, lol.

You can find all their content available on E6 on this link. You can also add extra seach terms/tags alongside the artist's name to filter the results (i.e. "horse", "female", "anthro", etc.).

Thanks for the link. I saw that site in the results but it had blocked any description, so I glossed over it.

25 minutes ago, AberRational said:

Now I'm curious how skunks would fare in the vote had I not automatically included them in the first round of content. I don't really have any presence in any anthro forums or anything, so I'm kind of blind to creature popularity.

I'm pretty sure all species (real and fictional alike) will have their fanbase, larger or smaller but still present no matter how obscure and "not intuitively appealing" they may be. Hell, it doesn't even need to be a living thing, there's interest in inanimate objects too (ever heard of "aeromorphs", for example? 'cause that's a thing, lol).

Though just for fun, here's a list of the amount of hits each species tag has on E6 itself, just to know what their "general" popularity would be:

Rat: 7726
Squirrel (Sciurid): 15219
Chicken: 4992
Hyena (Hyaenid): 12523
Goat: 9566
Bovine: 25945
Deer (Cervid): 23896
Horse: 113006
Raccoon: 14799
Mouse: 16252
Rabbit: 81607
Wasp: 485
Spider: 3109

This is far from perfect because it only measures the amount of pictures tagged as having a character of that species (so for example a pic with some random "normal" spider in a corner somewhere as part of the background but focused on a character of a different species would still give a hit). But it's a quick way to get a very rough estimate of their popularity.

Thanks for the link. I saw that site in the results but it had blocked any description, so I glossed over it.

Yeah, the site ain't very clear on its purpose unless you actually go there knowing what it is (or go through a direct link to a specific post so you skip Google-ing it and thus the lack of a description).

To be honest, I'm a bit surprised you didn't know about it already considering you seem to be interested in TF stuff (both feral and anthro). E6 may not have been made specifically for that content, but as the main and most important booru for anything remotely furry-related, it has plenty of content fitting that criteria. The "transformation" tag could be of interest to you, methinks.

2 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I'm pretty sure all species (real and fictional alike) will have their fanbase, larger or smaller but still present no matter how obscure and "not intuitively appealing" they may be. Hell, it doesn't even need to be a living thing, there's interest in inanimate objects too (ever heard of "aeromorphs", for example? 'cause that's a thing, lol).

Skunk Exhibit A: My first crush

tumblr_mg6m261zW11rgyxu4o1_500.gif

2 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Though just for fun, here's a list of the amount of hits each species tag has on E6 itself, just to know what their "general" popularity would be:

I am happily astonished at the equine love (or at least fetishization). There seems to be a draw to horse cocks. ?‍♂️ Can't argue with that, but I personally really like horse head aesthetics.

I feel confident that horse is going to be the second v1 curse.