Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Mods

1 hour ago, teh_69 said:

anything for domonique 

Not yet. The only characters that have mods for them so far are Miriam and a few of the female enemies. Mod turnout might be a bit slow compared to a game like Skyrim, since you have to know how to reverse engineer Unreal Engine files to mod the game rather than it being setup to be mod friendly by design.

Hi, I am the author of the 'Miriam's Day Off' mod. 

Can you please take that link down? The mod that you illegally shared is Patreon exlcusive.
A Lite version of this mod has been released as well, specifically to avoid situations like these.

You can get it here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/bloodstainedritualofthenight/mods/30

I dont think its fair to my Patreons, that what they signed up for is being shared freely like this. 

Thanks

6 hours ago, fatihG said:

Hi, I am the author of the 'Miriam's Day Off' mod. 

Can you please take that link down? The mod that you illegally shared is Patreon exlcusive.
A Lite version of this mod has been released as well, specifically to avoid situations like these.

You can get it here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/bloodstainedritualofthenight/mods/30

I dont think its fair to my Patreons, that what they signed up for is being shared freely like this. 

Thanks

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_engineering

I know this is a hot topic,  but are you sure your "illegally" shared mod doesn't contain any copyrighted things you have no rights on whatsoever,  like I don't know,  reverse engineered "chunk files" or similar? 

It's all your own work?  Then it should be fine I guess... 

5 hours ago, MaidoLover said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_engineering

I know this is a hot topic,  but are you sure your "illegally" shared mod doesn't contain any copyrighted things you have no rights on whatsoever,  like I don't know,  reverse engineered "chunk files" or similar? 

It's all your own work?  Then it should be fine I guess... 

But they are selling it on Patreon, so it MUST be legal, right?

43 minutes ago, mrmojorisin said:

But they are selling it on Patreon, so it MUST be legal, right?

DOA XPS ports are perfectly legal, all the girls are 18 cause Itagaki would be in jail otherwise. Totally legal.

Hi again!

The mod doesn't include any of the original game assets. 

The model, textures, etc. are all made from scratch.

Mods for UE4 based games are effectively DLC. They get 'added' to the game files and whatever is loaded in last is what shows up in game. 
Meaning I am not even modifying the existing assets.
The mods are authored in a blank UE4 project. So I am not using any of the original source code or the likes either.

The only thing in my mods are references to other assets in the game or filenames being the same.
For example I make my model (with the same filename as the model I want to replace) work with the existing materials/shaders in the game. But I do not actually use the material/shader.
I simply have a 'dummy' material in the project with the original filename (which is where my model gets the reference for which material to use). 

This point that we are talking about is exactly why I had decided to be extra carefull with this and to create everything from scratch. 
I know of modders getting taken down for redistributing parts of the original content from the game. This is something I am actively trying to avoid myself.

The mod itself is being released for free as well. The extra's, that are made possible by my patrons, are Patreon exclusive for that reason. 

It's like saying aftermarket autoparts, like a custom gearknob, would not be legal either. 

That being said. 
I understand the pushback against a 'Premium mod' behind a paywall like Patreon. 
Whether I have a Patreon or not, I will continue making and releasing mods simply because I enjoy doing it.

I'm not a fan of dancing around terms and what not so I'm not going to try to make it sound more pleasing. 
My Patreons are not throwing their cash at me to get access to my mods. The mods will be made public either way.
What they are using their money on is deciding what I will be working on next or if they have specific wishes for a particular mod, to make that happen. 
Since they are spending their money on customization, I felt like it was not fair to them that the mod got shared like this. 

47 minutes ago, fatihG said:

Hi again!

The mod doesn't include any of the original game assets. 

The model, textures, etc. are all made from scratch.

Mods for UE4 based games are effectively DLC. They get 'added' to the game files and whatever is loaded in last is what shows up in game. 
Meaning I am not even modifying the existing assets.
The mods are authored in a blank UE4 project. So I am not using any of the original source code or the likes either.

The only thing in my mods are references to other assets in the game or filenames being the same.
For example I make my model (with the same filename as the model I want to replace) work with the existing materials/shaders in the game. But I do not actually use the material/shader.
I simply have a 'dummy' material in the project with the original filename (which is where my model gets the reference for which material to use). 

This point that we are talking about is exactly why I had decided to be extra carefull with this and to create everything from scratch. 
I know of modders getting taken down for redistributing parts of the original content from the game. This is something I am actively trying to avoid myself.

The mod itself is being released for free as well. The extra's, that are made possible by my patrons, are Patreon exclusive for that reason. 

It's like saying aftermarket autoparts, like a custom gearknob, would not be legal either. 

That being said. 
I understand the pushback against a 'Premium mod' behind a paywall like Patreon. 
Whether I have a Patreon or not, I will continue making and releasing mods simply because I enjoy doing it.

I'm not a fan of dancing around terms and what not so I'm not going to try to make it sound more pleasing. 
My Patreons are not throwing their cash at me to get access to my mods. The mods will be made public either way.
What they are using their money on is deciding what I will be working on next or if they have specific wishes for a particular mod, to make that happen. 
Since they are spending their money on customization, I felt like it was not fair to them that the mod got shared like this. 

Hi!

To be honest I wasn't actually expecting a sensible answer,  but that's what you just did,  so thanks for that,  and yes what you say makes sense I guess, I can't really verify what you said is true,  but it is coherent and makes sense,  and it's good you are aware of certain things apparently. 

I just know of other mods for other games where the legality of said mods is highly questionable (since reverse engineering of original code was most definitely used),  and they get *sold* on Patreon, I say sold because that's what it is,  you can call a monetary transaction "donation" or whatever you like if it's in exchange for something it's a business and things are getting defacto sold. 

It's not really an issue because most publishers don't seem to care at all,  but when these modders run around and selling "highly questionable" mods for $50 +, claiming "copyright" (which they do not have)  that's where I have an issue and where it could very well become an issue for everyone involved. 

Depends on the actual copyright owner of course   but we know how some gaming companies are / can be... 

• 5 months later...

Hello there! About paywalled mods... anyone have and is willing to share a full version FatihG's Gartbelt Mod? For me modding and modding communities are about sharing, helping and working together to create something new, unique and beautiful that is beneficial to everyone. I belive that Patreon is contrary to this and is detrimental to modding scene as it is inciting hostility and exclusivity. If someone wants money for their creations? Sure, no problem just be sure to sell your stuff through legal channels so i can keep my consumer rights.

P.S Sorry for any mistakes, my english is still a bit rusty.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Does anybody have this mod, I have looked all over the Nexus and everywhere else but I can not find it, I have found a mod which has Miriam barefoot like this where she has painted nails too which are blue but theres a weird issue with the texture where it doesnt texture it her body properly and comes out looking like this, if anyone has a solution to fix this or the mod from the video that would be greatly appreciated 

Untitled.png Miriam glitched.png

Untitled.png Miriam glitched 2.png

• 3 weeks later...