7 hours ago, Dojo_dude said:

^ Estrus Chaurus compatibility please

In most ways, they are already compatible.  Only issue is the paralyze/spit attacks and such which can be solved with load order.

It would require a patch for "perfect" compatibility, and I will do so when the mod is farther along, but I also intend to do my own versions of the non-Estrus elements of EC+... but that will be a while.

6 hours ago, Elvorana said:

Snipped

Perfectly reasonable to do.  I'm less worried about the "why" than the "how", and it wouldn't be that hard to set up.

Nisetanka's assets are also free permissions, so that makes setup easier.

1 hour ago, Szlordrin said:

Would like to see your Apropos Messages not get cut off early... Or maybe set up a script that makes them sequential so you can start a line of text, and the work through it line by lline with a hotkey or something. idk just a thought.

You have to change the message width to 500 or so and set the font smaller (I have it at 15).  At that point the messages should be fully visible.  Beyond that, it is a technical issue with Apropos 2 that I can't work around.  Apropos uses a flash plugin to do its thing, and gooser has lost the original files for it, so we are kind of stuck with what we have.

Ahh I see thank you, So how are you adding the Tags... I attempted to add the following tags just to experiment and had no effect.

I added this line to the file Animation Patchup.txt

},
    "B_Chaurus_B_PileD": {
        "AddTags": [
            "Eggs",
            "Stifled1",
            "Caterwaul",
            "OrgScream",
            "CLMilk"
        ]
    },

Validated the JSON file, and then ran the patchup in the Apropos2. But didn't see results, I also thought perhaps I would need to reset CL, but that didn't help either? Thoughts, or should I go post on the Apropos support page. Thanks in advance you're a legend!

18 hours ago, Szlordrin said:

Ahh I see thank you, So how are you adding the Tags... I attempted to add the following tags just to experiment and had no effect.

I added this line to the file Animation Patchup.txt

},
    "B_Chaurus_B_PileD": {
        "AddTags": [
            "Eggs",
            "Stifled1",
            "Caterwaul",
            "OrgScream",
            "CLMilk"
        ]
    },

Validated the JSON file, and then ran the patchup in the Apropos2. But didn't see results, I also thought perhaps I would need to reset CL, but that didn't help either? Thoughts, or should I go post on the Apropos support page. Thanks in advance you're a legend!

I haven't ever had success using that animation patchup system.

I manually add the tags into the MCM script and have them reload every time it is reset.  My plans (for now) are to redo the tag system to make it less reliant on bad existing tags, and make it far more controllable and granular, as well as giving a per-animation tagging option in the MCM.  Don't know when that will be done though.  So much to do!

As far as what you have there, in the next version there will be hotkeys that let you simulate most of that as needed, without having to mess with tags.

5 hours ago, Seijin8 said:

I haven't ever had success using that animation patchup system.

I manually add the tags into the MCM script and have them reload every time it is reset.  My plans (for now) are to redo the tag system to make it less reliant on bad existing tags, and make it far more controllable and granular, as well as giving a per-animation tagging option in the MCM.  Don't know when that will be done though.  So much to do!

As far as what you have there, in the next version there will be hotkeys that let you simulate most of that as needed, without having to mess with tags.

Awesome mate thanks! Thought for sure it was me doing something wrong. I'll just try to be patient keep up the good work!

35 minutes ago, Szlordrin said:

Thought for sure it was me doing something wrong.

If so, we are both doing it wrong.  I suspect the issue is json bandwidth, and anything over a certain amount of data being pushed just gets lost.  We can see that issue in the tokens not filling if you alt-tab out and back repeatedly, the json just gets choked.  This is actually due to another mod (or more than one) passing invalid json data (might be slavetats), but either way, once the bandwidth for json is used up, everything fails after that until it flushes its memory (takes a few seconds).

Anyway, that's my best guess.

9 hours ago, LinksSword said:

is it possible to choose the mods animation tags through a framework like SLATE?

Also i use SLSO sexlab separate orgasm how well will that work together?

You could do it with SLATE (I think) if you added the tags to SLATE's list.

I don't use SLSO, can't comment, sorry.

7 hours ago, LinksSword said:

one ohter thing what triggers the egg sound effect? is it getting pregnant or giving birth?

In v0.1.4 and lower, egg sounds are triggered by the chaurus when it meets the right conditions and animation.  In upcoming versions, it will be triggered by the victim script to avoid parallel processing issues.

At present, Chaurus Life doesn't handle any birth mechanics.  Not planned for the next version, either.

3 hours ago, Seijin8 said:

You could do it with SLATE (I think) if you added the tags to SLATE's list.

I don't use SLSO, can't comment, sorry.

In v0.1.4 and lower, egg sounds are triggered by the chaurus when it meets the right conditions and animation.  In upcoming versions, it will be triggered by the victim script to avoid parallel processing issues.

At present, Chaurus Life doesn't handle any birth mechanics.  Not planned for the next version, either.

i have EC+ so far i only noticed the screams/ sound of chaurus. what animations trigger the egg sound?

1 hour ago, LinksSword said:

i have EC+ so far i only noticed the screams/ sound of chaurus. what animations trigger the egg sound?

Factors for egglaying (egglaying likely happens if *any* are true):

1. Any animation that explicitly has an "egg" or "oviposition" tag (Anub's Egg 1 & 2, Baka's Reaper anim, Billyy's Breeder, and a few others)
  2. Animations marked "gangbang"
  3. Animations marked vaginal have a chance for egglaying based on a number of factors:
  • Based on race: Tyrants almost certainly egglay, Reapers very likely, flyers are fairly likely, workers are about 50/50 chance.
  • If there is an active insect ecosystem around (looks like blue fireflies zooming around, seen in many falmer caves) this boosts the chances as well.

Note that if the sound doesn't play, you may be able to force it by going back a stage and then forward again.

Egglaying usually happens on the last stage except in animations where it is obviously earlier (I've manually tagged these as "EarlyOrg" and "EarlyOrg2").

Note that in future versions, this is also going to rely on the chaurus actually having eggs (right now all of them do, but this won't be the case in later versions -- not sure if this is happening in 0.1.5 or if it'll be 0.1.6.)

• 2 weeks later...

does this mod overwrite mfg phonemes? i believe that this mod is the cause of a problem i am currently experiencing now in my save, prior saves before i added the mod this issue didnt exist, but basically my pc dialogue expressions keep changing randomly from disgust anger sad puzzled, my save file has one extra string that the others didnt have called SetExpressionOverride which didnt exist prior. I posted help which goes into more detail on my issue below.

Shit i think i am actually right, removing the active scripts and 2 references from chaurus life on my pc and now the combat expression is working again...

I don't know what i should do now... all i did was remove the active script of chaurus life and my characters face isn't changing like it was.

I am thinking that this issue even existed was because of a mod i had was giving me stack dumps of active scripts all 100 of them which i had to delete because sl animations were taking a while to load the creator said this was safe, if anyone is wondering that was SL Cumshot. So i'm thinking delay in scripts loading may have caused chaurus life to malfunction with expressions like it did.

So i am still going to use the mod i just reset the mod in the mcm re ad the victim spell, i sincerely think it only occurred do to another mod causing script lag.

2 hours ago, LinksSword said:

Shit i think i am actually right, removing the active scripts and 2 references from chaurus life on my pc and now the combat expression is working again...

I don't know what i should do now... all i did was remove the active script of chaurus life and my characters face isn't changing like it was.

I am thinking that this issue even existed was because of a mod i had was giving me stack dumps of active scripts all 100 of them which i had to delete because sl animations were taking a while to load the creator said this was safe, if anyone is wondering that was SL Cumshot. So i'm thinking delay in scripts loading may have caused chaurus life to malfunction with expressions like it did.

So i am still going to use the mod i just reset the mod in the mcm re ad the victim spell, i sincerely think it only occurred do to another mod causing script lag.

Yes, this mod changes phonemes in sex scenes, but it shouldn't persist after sex.  The stack dumps would indicate you are running many heavily scripted mods, and they are probably tripping over one another.

If that happens, you can safely reset in the MCM and that should fix the issue.

2 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

Yes, this mod changes phonemes in sex scenes, but it shouldn't persist after sex.  The stack dumps would indicate you are running many heavily scripted mods, and they are probably tripping over one another.

If that happens, you can safely reset in the MCM and that should fix the issue.

it didn't for me i had to remove the active script using Fallrim tools. but afterwards things are working fine again it seems.

Is it also intentional to experience scream effect even with non chaurus sex? i ended up disabling it anyways because it got annoying.

Hey, I'm loving the concept and the care that is clearly being put into this mod.  I'm putting together a light load order to try and test it out, so I would like to solicit mod suggestions to handle the "capture" or faction alignment of the PC with the charaus.  Which mods do you guys use for this?  Are defeat and EC+ enough to get a feel for all the aspects of this mod? or would it benefit me to have SD+ installed in order to get the whole breeder/slave theme going?

thank you!

3 hours ago, Phosphoribosyl said:

Hey, I'm loving the concept and the care that is clearly being put into this mod.  I'm putting together a light load order to try and test it out, so I would like to solicit mod suggestions to handle the "capture" or faction alignment of the PC with the charaus.  Which mods do you guys use for this?  Are defeat and EC+ enough to get a feel for all the aspects of this mod? or would it benefit me to have SD+ installed in order to get the whole breeder/slave theme going?

thank you!

Just for testing purposes, EC+ is the only one I would recommend for a light load order.  There is a "cheat" in the Chaurus Life MCM to make you part of the chaurus faction, which will make falmer, skeevers, spiders, etc. non-hostile to you.

If you don't want to cheat your way there, virtually any slavery mod should work.  Sexlab Stories has an Alternate Start specific to chaurus as well.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, eidod23 said:

any news on this mod is their a patron for early access to newer functions or is the next update not done yet

Presently working on it.  Major rewrite and I am having to learn some new tricks to get that done.  A few things planned for the next version:

• This next version mostly enhances the sex side, with not much else added.  This should finish out the sex (pre-pregnancy) side of the mod and have the groundwork needed for more interaction later.
  • Complete rewrite of all scripts for much better performance and reliability, even in a script-heavy environment.
  • New race scripts should make future updating easy and not require a clean save - the bugs will update themselves.
  • A few new visual effects.
  • Many new sounds.
  • A couple new animation mashups planned.
  • Many more nuanced options for pain/enjoyment/screaming sounds, 5-6 layers of sound sets being played at once (it is taking time to get them sounding good within their own acoustic ranges so they are distinct in the act and it isn't just a car crash of noise).
  • Animation handling overhaul that moves away from a tag-based approach and lets you customize the animations to your liking in the MCM or by modifying a json file with a text editor.  This will almost completely replace the native Sexlab soundscape and lets you decide what effects you want to play with any animation -- and on what stage(s) they should appear -- set them once and the system will remember them and save those changes for the future (persist across multiple playthroughs).
  • MCM options for using each of these effects with:
    • 1) just chaurus
    • 2) any insect
    • 3) any ovipositor (such as Lurkers)
    • 4) any creature
    • 5) humans only
    • 6) all the time.

I do not have an ETA on this.  It depends how hard learning new things is and how well the testing goes.  Don't get over-hyped, it may be a while.

EDIT: The only way I would open a Patreon would be if I started doing animations or something similarly specialized.  I've considered it, but I'm hesitant to start animating.  It is a huge time suck (I've done it before).

On 1/16/2020 at 6:38 PM, Seijin8 said:

Presently working on it.  Major rewrite and I am having to learn some new tricks to get that done.  A few things planned for the next version:

• This next version mostly enhances the sex side, with not much else added.  This should finish out the sex (pre-pregnancy) side of the mod and have the groundwork needed for more interaction later.
  • Complete rewrite of all scripts for much better performance and reliability, even in a script-heavy environment.
  • New race scripts should make future updating easy and not require a clean save - the bugs will update themselves.
  • A few new visual effects.
  • Many new sounds.
  • A couple new animation mashups planned.
  • Many more nuanced options for pain/enjoyment/screaming sounds, 5-6 layers of sound sets being played at once (it is taking time to get them sounding good within their own acoustic ranges so they are distinct in the act and it isn't just a car crash of noise).
  • Animation handling overhaul that moves away from a tag-based approach and lets you customize the animations to your liking in the MCM or by modifying a json file with a text editor.  This will almost completely replace the native Sexlab soundscape and lets you decide what effects you want to play with any animation -- and on what stage(s) they should appear -- set them once and the system will remember them and save those changes for the future (persist across multiple playthroughs).
  • MCM options for using each of these effects with:
    • 1) just chaurus
    • 2) any insect
    • 3) any ovipositor (such as Lurkers)
    • 4) any creature
    • 5) humans only
    • 6) all the time.

I do not have an ETA on this.  It depends how hard learning new things is and how well the testing goes.  Don't get over-hyped, it may be a while.

EDIT: The only way I would open a Patreon would be if I started doing animations or something similarly specialized.  I've considered it, but I'm hesitant to start animating.  It is a huge time suck (I've done it before).

well cant wait for the next update im about to cheak out the mod by going into a dwemer ruins now to see it in action

57 minutes ago, eidod23 said:

well cant wait for the next update im about to cheak out the mod by going into a dwemer ruins now to see it in action

Best place to "see it in action" would be Frostflow Abyss.  To really see the mod doing its thing, it helps to have a lot of chaurus around, and that place has the most.