DevilsAvacado Posted March 5, 2023 Posted March 5, 2023 Oh this mod is exactly my kinda thing, how's development been going?
Seijin8 Posted March 5, 2023 Author Posted March 5, 2023 6 hours ago, DevilsAvacado said: Oh this mod is exactly my kinda thing, how's development been going? It is no longer being developed. The faction system in Skyrim (all versions) is not capable of the granular interactions I want, and the amount of scripting needed to force it is both absurd and likely game-breaking. Supposedly Starfield's new engine expands this, so it might be possible in TES6, but that remains to be seen.
DevilsAvacado Posted March 5, 2023 Posted March 5, 2023 Ah. Anythin else you have planned for Chaurus? They've always fascinated me 1
Seijin8 Posted March 5, 2023 Author Posted March 5, 2023 3 hours ago, DevilsAvacado said: Ah. Anythin else you have planned for Chaurus? They've always fascinated me Not at the moment. Sorry.
Sillius_Maximus Posted March 8, 2023 Posted March 8, 2023 On 3/5/2023 at 2:57 AM, Seijin8 said: It is no longer being developed. The faction system in Skyrim (all versions) is not capable of the granular interactions I want, and the amount of scripting needed to force it is both absurd and likely game-breaking. Supposedly Starfield's new engine expands this, so it might be possible in TES6, but that remains to be seen. But you know what would fit in starfeild? those little things that like to hug peoples faces! maybe this time they dont necessarily have to hug the face though i kid, but seriously- itll be interesting to see what starfeilds kit can do..
TELETENTA Posted May 17, 2024 Posted May 17, 2024 Does this mod work in the latest Updated version of AE ?
Seijin8 Posted May 18, 2024 Author Posted May 18, 2024 (edited) 16 hours ago, TELETENTA said: Does this mod work in the latest Updated version of AE ? This is the LE section of the site. There is a conversion on the SE section, but I have no idea if it functions on AE (though I don't see why it wouldn't). Edited May 18, 2024 by Seijin8
0XWOLKX0 Posted June 19, 2025 Posted June 19, 2025 On 3/5/2023 at 10:57 AM, Seijin8 said: It is no longer being developed. The faction system in Skyrim (all versions) is not capable of the granular interactions I want, and the amount of scripting needed to force it is both absurd and likely game-breaking. Supposedly Starfield's new engine expands this, so it might be possible in TES6, but that remains to be seen. Hey. I'm on SE/AE (1.6.1170, but without CC crap) and installed your mod, but not yet tried it's features. Since you stopped developing this mod, I want to ask you - is it worth to keep it in game? Like, it's fun and playable? Because amount of log it throws is killing me, while I'm trying to debug PSQ and SexLab PPlus interaction, haha. So I wonder, should I bother fix logging in your code or no?
Seijin8 Posted June 19, 2025 Author Posted June 19, 2025 5 hours ago, 0XWOLKX0 said: Hey. I'm on SE/AE (1.6.1170, but without CC crap) and installed your mod, but not yet tried it's features. Since you stopped developing this mod, I want to ask you - is it worth to keep it in game? Like, it's fun and playable? Because amount of log it throws is killing me, while I'm trying to debug PSQ and SexLab PPlus interaction, haha. So I wonder, should I bother fix logging in your code or no? There's a separate version for SE, look around in the SE section of the site. Beyond that, do what you want with it.
pingbi146 Posted September 13 Posted September 13 I know this is abandoned, so it's unlikely to ever get an answer, but on both the page for chaurus and life and on this page, it's 'said' that there is a chaurus life version in SE and 'just go find it' but, despite many searches, I have never seen it, does anyone actually have a link, or is there actually just not an SE version? If I could find everything, I might make an attempt to pick all of this stuff up
Seijin8 Posted September 14 Author Posted September 14 18 hours ago, pingbi146 said: I know this is abandoned, so it's unlikely to ever get an answer Converting mods between editions is an automated process with any number of tools.
Jyratx Posted September 26 Posted September 26 On 6/19/2025 at 4:17 PM, Seijin8 said: There's a separate version for SE, look around in the SE section of the site. Beyond that, do what you want with it. Not anymore. When I try to access it, I get: We could not locate the item you are trying to view.
Seijin8 Posted September 26 Author Posted September 26 2 hours ago, Jyratx said: Not anymore. When I try to access it, I get: We could not locate the item you are trying to view. So convert this one. Like I said above, converting is an easy automated process nowadays. 1
Jyratx Posted September 26 Posted September 26 On 9/13/2026 at 3:58 PM, pingbi146 said: I know this is abandoned, so it's unlikely to ever get an answer, but on both the page for chaurus and life and on this page, it's 'said' that there is a chaurus life version in SE and 'just go find it' but, despite many searches, I have never seen it, does anyone actually have a link, or is there actually just not an SE version? If I could find everything, I might make an attempt to pick all of this stuff up The SE port was either taken down by its uploader (someone by the name of Swipey who was last seen on June 17) or the page is glitchy. I've already messaged him about it. I HAD his version not long ago, but then my hard drive died and I lost it. It was one of the few files I didn't have backed up. I've tried converting this myself, but the "simple automated process" isn't so simple after all. Load .esp in CK, save, use CAO to optimize the textures/meshes... aaaaand CTD on startup. Which I don't get... there's no .dll file, all the textures are in .dds format, and the .pex files and so on shouldn't need any converting. Even deleted the backup .esp folder. Only thing I can think of is something with scripts...
Jyratx Posted September 26 Posted September 26 1 hour ago, Seijin8 said: So convert this one. Like I said above, converting is an easy automated process nowadays. Yeah... working on it.
Jyratx Posted September 27 Posted September 27 10 hours ago, Seijin8 said: So convert this one. Like I said above, converting is an easy automated process nowadays. As it turns out... no, not easy at all. Its not as simple as merely using CAO and saving the .esp in the CK... this mod is script heavy and has a crapload of injected FormID's that have to be edited manually. I've got about a day's worth of work ahead of me at least. I do have to thank you, though, for including the .psc's in the source folder; without those, I'd be operating blind. And although people and even you say its broken, I think its a fantastic proof-of-concept. I mean, you're operating within patented Bethesda jank... 1
MadMansGun Posted September 27 Posted September 27 11 hours ago, Jyratx said: Load .esp in CK, save, doing that likely deleted a bunch of stuff, try leaving it as LE/form 43. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now