On 5/22/2020 at 1:55 AM, Monolithical said:

I noticed with my long use of this mod, everything runs smoothly but there are 2 issues that are slightly annoying me. One is that despite filtering the genders for Defeat to work with (no male on male human/creature), it seems that those options are just ignored and animations will play placing the males in female positions for both PC and NPC.

The other issue I've seen mostly for NPC on NPC is that they will never initiate threesome animations, only time it ever does is if the PC is involved. Otherwise for followers and random npc's it's always 1 on 1 scenes even with the threesome chance set to 100%. This is a great mod but if anyone has any recommendations for fixes, please let me know.

Interesting, I have issues but mostly not the ones you mention.  I set it for no creatures and that has never happened.  (Note:  it doesn't count Khajiit or Argonians as creatures, they're both considered people.)  I have set NPC vs NPC so that women could assault men and have seen poor Ma'iq get nailed twice!  Like you, I've never seen threesomes trigger.

On 5/21/2020 at 2:34 AM, jbravo said:

Are you sure you didn't download the LE version by mistake?  See the spoilers HERE.

Nope! Definitely the SSE. And Mod Organizer 2 says it's a Form 43 ESP.

In any case it all works well now after converting the ESP in the CK. Had initial glitches first somehow.

8 hours ago, Tenebris305 said:

Running the newest skse and sexlab versions too?

You have an enb file or older skse file in your main folder that was not deleted still referencing an older version of skse. Or a mod that installed a .dll that references an older skse. You need to find that before you can upgrade. You might even want to go into steam and use verify your files on the Skyrim SE installation.

Why is it every time I run into some bizarre save breaking bug it's always "defeat" at the root of it? Defeat kicked in during a dragon battle last night. After that battle, Serana would not and still won't talk to me while defeats Player Victim feature is enabled. She just says "...". If I set Player Victim to Disabled in defeats MCM, Serana discourses normally. If i then re-enable Player Victim, Serana returns to "...". I've tried everything I can think of including fully stripping Sexlab and all related mods from my save, then adding them back. Once I enable defeat, the problem returns instantly. Whatever's causing this it appears to be stuck in my save now. Unfortunately by the time I noticed the problem all my saves from before that dragon battle were overwritten. I'm not posting for help. I'm confident I'll eventually be able to fix my save with some consolefu once I figure out what's breaking it. I've tried defeat with a number of different modded Skyrim builds since the early days of OG Sexlab. I've never been able to use this mod for more than a few days before running into some nasty save persistent issue. Anyone ever consider rewriting this to make it more reliable? The mod's potential is fantastic, it's one of my favorite despite all the problems. It just seems really sensitive to break and damned-infuriating to fix in its current implementation.

Edit: Further reflection - When I encounter these save persistent issues, it often seems to come up after a battle with a dragon. I've suspected for a while it may be some interaction with Deadly Dragons. I started disabling defeat in dragon battles and found that seemed to prevent issues. Last night I left defeat enabled in a dragon battle and, in hindsight unwisely, chose to continue playing after that battle without reloading. I noticed the problem this morning and tracked it back to defeat.

1 hour ago, Thorfkin said:

Whatever's causing this it appears to be stuck in my save now. Unfortunately by the time I noticed the problem all my saves from before that dragon battle were overwritten. I'm not asking for help. If I have too I can just permanently remove defeat, or maybe scour my save with an editor for whatever defeat left behind. I'm really only posting to mention I've tried defeat with a number of different modded Skyrim builds since the early days of OG Sexlab and I've never been able to use this mod for more than a few hours without running into some critical save corrupting issue.

It's unfortunate that you are having so much frustration with this mod.  While I have also experienced that particular bug, I can only recall that happening 4-5 times since I re-installed Skyrim last July.  When it happens, I do the following to fix my follower:

1.  In Defeat's MCM, choose Clean Up and Export Settings.
  2.  In Defeat's MCM, choose Disable (this may also perform a Clean Up too - I can't remember).
  3. Save game, Quit, then disable Defeat.esp.
  4. Load game and make new Save (characters should be stuck in T-Pose, but that's okay).
  5. Use Fallrim Tools to remove Unattached Instances and Undefined Elements.
  6. Re-enable Defeat.esp and run FNIS.
  7. Load cleaned save, enable Defeat in the MCM, and Import settings.

Obviously, having to repeat all these steps every few hours of game time will not be feasible for you.  Before giving up on the mod completely, you may want to try disabling some of the many effects that Defeat and Sexlab try to execute simultaneously at the conclusion of an event.  For example, follower exhaustion and redress (Defeat -> Player as Victim -> Follower Collateral) are optional.  And I've seen other posts recommend disabling Even Actor Heights (Sexlab -> Animation Settings) since it has to reset the heights at the end of animations.

Interestingly, a group of modders are discussing making a Defeat-like mod in Lupine00's blog.  However, I expect it would take a long time to make a new mod that can do most of the things that Defeat does.

2 hours ago, jbravo said:

It's unfortunate that you are having so much frustration with this mod.  While I have also experienced that particular bug, I can only recall that happening 4-5 times since I re-installed Skyrim last July.  When it happens, I do the following to fix my follower:

1.  In Defeat's MCM, choose Clean Up and Export Settings.
  2.  In Defeat's MCM, choose Disable (this may also perform a Clean Up too - I can't remember).
  3. Save game, Quit, then disable Defeat.esp.
  4. Load game and make new Save (characters should be stuck in T-Pose, but that's okay).
  5. Use Fallrim Tools to remove Unattached Instances and Undefined Elements.
  6. Re-enable Defeat.esp and run FNIS.
  7. Load cleaned save, enable Defeat in the MCM, and Import settings.

Obviously, having to repeat all these steps every few hours of game time will not be feasible for you.  Before giving up on the mod completely, you may want to try disabling some of the many effects that Defeat and Sexlab try to execute simultaneously at the conclusion of an event.  For example, follower exhaustion and redress (Defeat -> Player as Victim -> Follower Collateral) are optional.  And I've seen other posts recommend disabling Even Actor Heights (Sexlab -> Animation Settings) since it has to reset the heights at the end of animations.

Interestingly, a group of modders are discussing making a Defeat-like mod in Lupine00's blog.  However, I expect it would take a long time to make a new mod that can do most of the things that Defeat does.

Thanks for that! I'll give it a try :)

Edit: Yes this worked. Thanks again for this tip.

Is there a mod that can be used alongside this one where you can get a NPC to follow you out of the way for the aggressor feature?  I'm not wanting a NPC to become a follower.  I'm wanting to convince one to follow me off to the side to knock them out and put them in a sack without alerting other NPCs and the guards.

I've been having serious problems using Defeat lately.  My PC will surrender to a bandit.  After the usual dialog, an animation will play.  And then....nothing.  My PC sits traumatized.  The bandit  stands near her but does nothing.  Normally, the bandit should swipe my PC's stuff and head out, thus starting the "Robbed" quest.  But that's not happening.  I've tried hitting "clean" in the MCM.  The bandit then immediately starts attacking my PC.  If I'm lucky, I can hit "K" and surrender again, but things end the same way with nothing progressing once the assault is over.

What could causing this problem?  Mod conflicts?  Flaws in the conversion?  Are there any mods that seriously conflict with Defeat?

Edit:  If all else fails, any console workarounds to get things moving?

20 hours ago, rodrigo2 said:

I've been having serious problems using Defeat lately.  My PC will surrender to a bandit.  After the usual dialog, an animation will play.  And then....nothing.  My PC sits traumatized.  The bandit  stands near her but does nothing.  Normally, the bandit should swipe my PC's stuff and head out, thus starting the "Robbed" quest.  But that's not happening.  I've tried hitting "clean" in the MCM.  The bandit then immediately starts attacking my PC.  If I'm lucky, I can hit "K" and surrender again, but things end the same way with nothing progressing once the assault is over.

What could causing this problem?  Mod conflicts?  Flaws in the conversion?  Are there any mods that seriously conflict with Defeat?

This mod has always been a bit wonky. If something like this does happen  I usually reload a save since it just causes additional problems down the line. Chances are a script got stuck somewhere. (Is there a bar showing up while your on the ground? Sometines there's a minigame where you have to strafe to fill the bar without getting caught to escape.)

On 5/30/2020 at 8:54 AM, MikeyD28 said:

Is there a mod that can be used alongside this one where you can get a NPC to follow you out of the way for the aggressor feature?  I'm not wanting a NPC to become a follower.  I'm wanting to convince one to follow me off to the side to knock them out and put them in a sack without alerting other NPCs and the guards.

I think there's a mod that's something along the lines of "follow me for sex" that you might be able to use to get them to follow you.

Had an odd softlock earlier: when activating the forge in Whiterun to kick an NPC off, said NPC immediately went into a bleedout state and my character teleported to her her controls disabled as if to start an animation, but no animation ever started and control was never returned. Console confirmed that sexlab was trying to start an animation but nothing else anomalous appears in any logs.  I assume it was Defeat because of the bleedout.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

2 hours ago, Tenebris305 said:

This mod has always been a bit wonky. If something like this does happen  I usually reload a save since it just causes additional problems down the line. Chances are a script got stuck somewhere. (Is there a bar showing up while your on the ground? Sometines there's a minigame where you have to strafe to fill the bar without getting caught to escape.)

I'm familiar with that; sometimes after surrendering, the attacker will be distracted by other targets.  Do the little bar game before the attacker comes back and your PC will be free.  No that's not the problem.  Normally, after an attack, your PC will be traumatized and in a seated position and the attacker will rob your PC and be on his/her way.  The last part is what's missing.  The attacker will be standing next to my traumatized PC but then, instead of stealing from my PC and going, the attacker does nothing and so my PC is also stuck doing nothing.  I can go into MCM and hit clean,  but then the attacker immediately kills the PC.

Was Defeat like this for Oldrim?  Or could something have gotten screwed up in the conversion process?

28 minutes ago, rodrigo2 said:

I'm familiar with that; sometimes after surrendering, the attacker will be distracted by other targets.  Do the little bar game before the attacker comes back and your PC will be free.  No that's not the problem.  Normally, after an attack, your PC will be traumatized and in a seated position and the attacker will rob your PC and be on his/her way.  The last part is what's missing.  The attacker will be standing next to my traumatized PC but then, instead of stealing from my PC and going, the attacker does nothing and so my PC is also stuck doing nothing.  I can go into MCM and hit clean,  but then the attacker immediately kills the PC.

Was Defeat like this for Oldrim?  Or could something have gotten screwed up in the conversion process?

I remember it being like that in oldrim too. Yeah, theres another whole minigame where they stand guard near you while your on the ground (tied up i think?) and you have to wiggle free.(separate from the "my whole team isnt down yet" game. I'm not sure what triggers it, but you might be getting that, but it might be bugging out and not showing the bar to escape. Try strafing next time it happens.

33 minutes ago, kyubey said:

Had an odd softlock earlier: when activating the forge in Whiterun to kick an NPC off, said NPC immediately went into a bleedout state and my character teleported to her her controls disabled as if to start an animation, but no animation ever started and control was never returned. Console confirmed that sexlab was trying to start an animation but nothing else anomalous appears in any logs.  I assume it was Defeat because of the bleedout.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Bleedout is a vanilla state though, so it doesnt necessarily mean defeat caused it. I've never heard of this occuring before however.

I'm having an issue where if there are multiple aggressors, after the first aggressive scene, then, before the second scene starts, it will revert to combat (which then will go to the death, and then reload the latest save, even if I set Essential - on Bleedout).    After the first scene I see the speech from the next aggressor, but before the SL anim starts, everyone draws their weapons and combat resumes.

About 10% or so of the time, it will start the 2nd aggressive scene. 

I tried making resist impossible and ensuring there's no auto-resist.

This seems to have happened recently, I recall having 3+ aggressors work before.   Also single aggressor works fine, it goes to post-assault scenarios as expected.

With the multiple aggressors, though, it always goes back to combat usually after the first aggressor.  It seems to do this even after I tried trimming down my mod list to bare requirements, removing, re-installing Defeat, (also tried the cleanup option in defeat MCM)  and from a new (just exited Helgen) save game. 

Any thoughts on what to try?

On 5/31/2020 at 6:43 AM, rodrigo2 said:

I saw a post that referred to this issue of everybody just standing around after your surrender (or get knocked down). They said to untick the option in Sexlab that says something like "Teleport actors to sex scene". Not quite sure of the wording. Will edit this post after I check wording in game.

EDIT: Uncheck (untick) the option in SexLab that says "Disable Starting Teleport"

I think it might be that the Boss who will start the rape can't get to you because other NPCs are in the way. Just guessing.

My problems with Defeat have now gotten even worse.  The action does nothing now even if reset it and use it over a dead body.  I tried reinstalling (and putting the Plugin through CK, but  that made no difference.  I even tried re-running Nemesis.  Any thoughts?  As to other LL mods in my load order, I have Romance,  Aroused, Dangerous Nights, and Privacy.  I recently uninstalled Amorous Adventures.  Any thoughts as to what I'm doing wrong?  

On 4/20/2020 at 6:21 AM, rodrigo2 said:

Defeat works fine if my PC comes across an adversary who is either asleep or in bleed out mode.  As to targets my PC sneaks up on, I can hit "G" to set a target, but then once my PC is directly a target, I press "G" and there is no takedown or knock  down of the adversary.  If my PC has a weapon, the target NPC will surrender to my PC.  If no weapon, nothing.   So what's the problem?  Why won't "G" trigger a knockdown move?

yes i am having this problem as well, anybody figured it out yet?

Does anyone have any idea what causes all npc's to..how do I put it..tell you to just go away instead of raping/robbing you?

It works on followers, but when my character surrenders, they just respond, well ok, you can go now.. 

or when I get knocked down, they walk up and just say whatever.. and walk away and I have to strafe to get up?