12 minutes ago, kakkaohjus said:

Speaking of, how badly is everything broken by the dlc and patch?

Still sorting through my load order but it does not seem to bad. Obviously anything that touched vassals is borked, but the only other mod that caused me to crash on startup was a very old UI mod that was no great loss.

Only gameplay will tell but this DLC seems to be a light sprinkling of existing features rather than a ground up redesign that breaks underlying code.

Probably the most significant recent underlying changes are the unity changes and replacement of admin capacity/sprawl, but that was handled in 3.3.

The new vassal systems and the situation system are going to provide fantastic future potential for LV and addons/similar mods here, IMO.

So Overlord is already out...gonna wait for a month till it goes on sale and the adult mods for it are out as well lol,,, 

funny enough, with all the new shit they added in every expansion, Paradox can't even be half-assed to make a serviceable game UI... it's still crap...

On 5/2/2022 at 3:16 AM, Ozvelpoon said:

Question for the community:

My extensively modded game has broken the "Escaped Gene Sex Slave" origin. I only get a single pop on start and none of the unique buildings. I had it working until recently but can't figure out what broke it. If I remember correctly the "Clone Army" base game origin which shares mechanics or clone pops broke a while back due to a mod conflict. Can anyone remember which one?

Are there even supposed to be buildings and more than one pops?

I thought that the mothership buff is the only thing that isn't mentioned in the tooltip.

2 minutes ago, Fakenet said:

Are there even supposed to be buildings and more than one pops?

I thought that the mothership buff is the only thing that isn't mentioned in the tooltip.

I think the origin has been broken/incomplete for quite a while; also I realized that it was not part of LV but Sexy Xenos and More after posting here. Based on some responses in that thread it looks like no one knows what the original intent of that origin was and now that the mod is on life support people are hesitant to fiddle with it to much. If the origin is working as intended, then it is one of the most challenging starts imaginable being 27 pops behind at game start.

Also I have encountered my first in game crash for the new patch! Yayyyyy..... Crashes every time I uplift a primitive species into a vassal and the new vassal negotiation screen pops up. Going to be a real pain to troubleshoot; I will need to make a completely vanilla save, play it until I find a privative, uplift them, and save immediately before they gat vassalized. THEN I can start troubleshooting my loaded mods....

24 minutes ago, Ozvelpoon said:

I think the origin has been broken/incomplete for quite a while; also I realized that it was not part of LV but Sexy Xenos and More after posting here. Based on some responses in that thread it looks like no one knows what the original intent of that origin was and now that the mod is on life support people are hesitant to fiddle with it to much. If the origin is working as intended, then it is one of the most challenging starts imaginable being 27 pops behind at game start.

Also I have encountered my first in game crash for the new patch! Yayyyyy..... Crashes every time I uplift a primitive species into a vassal and the new vassal negotiation screen pops up. Going to be a real pain to troubleshoot; I will need to make a completely vanilla save, play it until I find a privative, uplift them, and save immediately before they gat vassalized. THEN I can start troubleshooting my loaded mods....

almost sounds like something i had with primitives becoming empires. try running a new game but with only random empires. if they come back as Despicable Neutrals then your LV somehow got borked someway somehow and you need to delete it then reinstall from latest instead of patch+overwrite. at least that resolved my issue.  if this is not the case then our issues are not similiar enough for the same resolutions to apply. 

1 hour ago, thelordofroses said:

almost sounds like something i had with primitives becoming empires. try running a new game but with only random empires. if they come back as Despicable Neutrals then your LV somehow got borked someway somehow and you need to delete it then reinstall from latest instead of patch+overwrite. at least that resolved my issue.  if this is not the case then our issues are not similiar enough for the same resolutions to apply. 

Thanks for the advice, but I think something else is going on after some testing. I have my mod list down to only mods flagged as compatible with the current patch (so no LV or any workshop mods that are outdated) and I am still getting a crash (though now it seems completely independent of anything I do). This is a different crash though so I am a little stumped!

So I love the mod, but I've noticed that if you start as a hive mind on a tentacle world, the start is practically unplayable. You basically have to delete a crap tonne of prebuilt districts on your homeworld.

I started with a -100 food deficit and a - 2 volatile motes. With nothing to compensate, had to delete districts and build from the ground up again. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a bug? Or just a bit of borked balance?

31 minutes ago, Serithiene said:

So I love the mod, but I've noticed that if you start as a hive mind on a tentacle world, the start is practically unplayable. You basically have to delete a crap tonne of prebuilt districts on your homeworld.

I started with a -100 food deficit and a - 2 volatile motes. With nothing to compensate, had to delete districts and build from the ground up again. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a bug? Or just a bit of borked balance?

The tentacle worlds can not sustaine themselves, hence the tentacle start is not that good.

2 hours ago, Fakenet said:

The tentacle worlds can not sustaine themselves, hence the tentacle start is not that good.

How to start on a hive mind tentacle world:

1. Prioritize milk drone jobs by clicking on their icon.

2. Lower amount of milk drone jobs by clicking the minus button.

3. Repeat step 2 until food is balanced between milk drone production and breeder consumption.

4. Profit

The hard part is energy production. As a hive, you don't have the trade producing sex jobs, so best bet is to sell excess food and take a slightly lower pop growth speed. Plus if you take traits that produce resources like lithoid strategics or lv combined traits/milky orgasm, you will have a better time of it. I did a quick run with only intellectual on my species and could balance it mostly.

I noticed that something was off with The tentacle world empire in last weekend when game spawned the Hive Mind Empire next to me. It didn't expand its territories like other AI empires and there was plenty territories to claim before I used 'Debugtooltip' command to see what's up. Ai had disbanded its fleet and economy was awful, so I got empire accept become my vassal and after feeding bunch of minerals and alloys, empire started recover and expand its own borders.

So clearly AI doesn't know how run the Tentacle World empire's economy.

Well I finally found the culprit of my CTD when uplifting a primitive. It was UI Overhaul Dynamic. Not sure if it was a conflict with LV or another mod or not, but it was a PAIN to troubleshoot.

The crash happened as soon as the new vassal UI popped up when uplifting. Every time without exception. 

Edited by Ozvelpoon
2 hours ago, Ozvelpoon said:

Well I finally found the culprit of my CTD when uplifting a primitive. It was UI Overhaul Dynamic. Not sure if it was a conflict with LV or another mod or not, but it was a PAIN to troubleshoot.

The crash happened as soon as the new vassal UI popped up when uplifting. Every time without exception. 

Thanks for the heads up.

Lustful Void gives me some serious issues.. Well at least one. I can't build Power Generator Districts for some reason anymore. And I've checked all my mods. Lustful Void is the culprit somehow.

Edit: So If I build a very basic faction, with no content from LV on it, such as traits or Ethics, I can build Generators... Gonna do a bit more research.
Final Edit: For now I will leave this as it was. It is a potential bug. But it seems it might have been caused with me trying to speed bug test the game after the patch, and use already pre-built Empires of my own. Any new empires I make from scratch, including LV traits and ethics, seems to work just fine in relation to the Power Generator Issue I had.

Edited by fenix377
8 hours ago, HopefulCockroach said:

Does anyone know where I can find all the source images for the event images for this mod? I know I can find the files but they are in a DDS format that my photo viewer won't open

If you're on windows you can just download paint.NET which is a free program that can open those files and if you want to you can then just re-save them as another image format iirc.
Seems like the easiest solution if you don't mind using an image editing program for it.

41 minutes ago, Tructruc said:

Oh I read there was lots of bugs with this mod and the SE ones! Well nice to know it should work ha ha

There are bugs but nothing game breaking, some techs don't have the correct text.

If you are having issues with other mods it might be the other mods.

10 hours ago, Kyrpster said:

Hi, first time commenting on here. Just wondering how I get a Breeding Offensive Casus Belli? Great mod btw.

Assuming it still works you get it with the Nympo hosts (hivemind civic, and male equivalent) and maybe with full Snu Snu Fever for normal empires idk for sure. Might be another way but i dont know it myself

On 5/22/2022 at 10:51 AM, Kyrpster said:

Hi, first time commenting on here. Just wondering how I get a Breeding Offensive Casus Belli? Great mod btw.

14 hours ago, Kashyr said:

Assuming it still works you get it with the Nympo hosts (hivemind civic, and male equivalent) and maybe with full Snu Snu Fever for normal empires idk for sure. Might be another way but i dont know it myself

Also, you have to be next to the empire you want to breed with.