Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

11 minutes ago, alaunus01 said:

SAE 0.9.3B still has HD Stone Quarry and Clay Deposit - Majestic Mountains Patch. Intentional leftover?

Nope, i overlooked those in the spreadsheet. Just skip them.

When i'm finished typing everything in that thread we're propably at 0.9.4. ?

Edited by Aylis

I really think the "Patches" section needs to be added back in. Or at least have the line like for Holy Poly Head to reinstall the mod for the JK's patches. You end up being told to move patches that it hasn't installed because the auto-detect FOMOD doesn't see them because you haven't gotten that far in the list. So a patches section or a note to reinstall the JK's patches after SDA, Palaces, etc. Just my two cents.

I already found a few updates for mods. Those will be immediately integrated into the guide. The bad thing is that the spreadsheet is already outdated... Again!?

I'll also have to ditch 'High Poly NPC Overhaul'. Checking some NPC we got the same black face bugs we (aka me and Thorsten) reported years ago, Not a good sign for that mod. Atm the best solution seems to be BB's NPC Overhauls combined with the standard overhaul from HPH. The author slowly reworks all NPC and they work perfectly with the next mod.

A new mod for the skin blew me away. Race-Based Textures (RBT) works extremely well and combined with BnP - Female Skin and BnP - Male Skin it looks really good. The age groups are more spread out (instead of the three the game normally has) and older NPC now look right.

Sadly this doesn't seem to work well with Pandorable (you don't want to see a buggy Aela, right?).

But i do like the more realistic approach anyway.

Spoiler

Aela

1436679500_SkyrimSE2022-11-1713-43-11.jpg.b36117dbc0c9bd5d9321e2e38afc816f.jpg

Farkas

621563622_SkyrimSE2022-11-1713-45-47.jpg.2697609f335eae15836596e925dd62f8.jpg

Edited by Aylis
4 hours ago, alaunus01 said:

Does Nemesis still not support creature animations? Now that I retired my potato I am rebuilding a shiny modlist.

Yes, still no creature support.

Found the last missing mod for the towns (of course it was right in front of me ?). Now that part is really finished.

Hi Aylis, will you still update the SSE list or is this the final version? I saw the last update was 2021 and I wonder if there's any mod(s) that got updated and might no longer work with something on the list?

I still haven't updated to AE because of DAR. Is it worth moving to AE? Thank you.

@buxxuc30

Looks like SSEB will stay with the last update as i simply don't have the option to have two installations of Skyrim at the same time. Right now it looks like this:

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.07e81ba4133bd34991318556476389fb.jpg

Updates is only for the mods of FO4 and Skyrim.

As you can see going AE was sort of a one way ticket for me and with the current prices/inflation here i can't upgrade my system for the forseeable future (i simply prefer to have some food on the table ?).

For the last question: i can't really answer that. I didn't buy the upgrade (aka i only got 'Skyrim AE light') but so far we have around 120 less mods than in the guide for SSE and it looks imo better.

The drawback is the increased demand of the game. My old Radeon 570 is on the edge and only using some tricks allows me to play the game at all.

Edited by Aylis

I am still on SE for now, but couldn't someone update only up to v1.6.353, still use this guide, and still have DAR? Then update the game further when/if DAR updates? Then you have both AE and DAR (and likely several other mods that have only updated up to v1.6.353).

@Aylis Are you saying that AE is more demanding on resources?

Also, I think that SkyUI and Racemenu are not supposed to be ESLed (at least according to ESPFE Follower - Eslify facegen and voices's page), though I know some people do it anyway.

Edit: Whoops, Maltodaxtrin beat me to it on the v1.6.353 thing.

Edited by trgdolors
16 hours ago, trgdolors said:

Are you saying that AE is more demanding on resources?

Also, I think that SkyUI and Racemenu are not supposed to be ESLed (at least according to ESPFE Follower - Eslify facegen and voices's page), though I know some people do it anyway.

1. The mods are

2. They are working fine here as far as i can tell.

Modlist for 0.9.4 is finished.

Got to add a few config recommendations and more text. But not today... I've been on it for hours now and need a break.?

Two notes for people who might have FPS issues, use Dyndolod with low preset, it will increase fps.

Also in ENB SSAO_SSIL lower Resolution Scale to 0.40  and Source TextureScale to 0.30 ... i see no quality loss but i went from 30-35 fps (with micro freeze) to 45-55 steady

- sorry my english is bad -

Thank you again Aylis for this guide ❤️

4 hours ago, rjrc said:

Two notes for people who might have FPS issues, use Dyndolod with low preset, it will increase fps.

Also in ENB SSAO_SSIL lower Resolution Scale to 0.40  and Source TextureScale to 0.30 ... i see no quality loss but i went from 30-35 fps (with micro freeze) to 45-55 steady

- sorry my english is bad -

Another possible way to increase performance - https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/z2urk3/nvidia_image_scaliing_is_application_specific_now/

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to modding Skyrim and I find it very hard to get into even after watching youtube tutorials and reading pages and pdfs of documentations  

is there a way to just download a premade mod list with all the essential nexus and loverslab mods?