Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

18 minutes ago, Auxitism said:

I'm using what is in this guide  . I would not bother with questions about it otherwise here without being specific . 

No offence but for the third time , in specific reguards to the mods used in this guide , What requires the SMP physics ?

The body config options using only CBPC as per installer instructions. 

If I am understanding you, and I am not sure I am, CBBE 3BBB, under Final (one of the last things to install), requires SMP. After recent updates, 3BBB is pretty good now, and works nice with CBPC. I believe a few other mods in the guide require SMP; SMP is fairly important.

Many of us have replaced HDT-SMP (Skinned Mesh Physics) with Faster HDT-SMP as it allegedly has better performance. Before real life interfered, Aylis suggested that there might be a way to use Faster HDT-SMP to give better physics with hair and cloaks, etc. We used to use KS Hairdos - HDT SMP (Physics). It was awesome(!) but buggy (hair would stretch out really far, etc) and Aylis had to drop it from the guide. Getting hair, fabric, cape, etc physics to work in a decent performance and not too buggy way would be a significant achievement for the community. I am not up to date on developments on this front.

33 minutes ago, Alkzis said:

Should i also use the optional file for SSE Display Tweaks? Its not clear if it breaks omething down the line. 
(yes, i do have G-Sync.. well, FreeSync, but for what i know is the same thing)

For the 1.5.97 Skyrim version, I used "High performance configuration".  The 1.6 version is for the AE update version.  In all cases where there are several Skyrim versions, I chose the 1.5.97 versions.  So far everything is working correctly.

1 hour ago, Auxitism said:

I'm using what is in this guide  . I would not bother with questions about it otherwise here without being specific . 

No offence but for the third time , in specific reguards to the mods used in this guide , What requires the SMP physics ?

The body config options using only CBPC as per installer instructions. 

cbbe 3ba. Heavy legion. HIMBO. 

HDT-SMP in the requirments tab it will list all known mods that require smp

Just a few that (as far as i remember) are on this particular list. But it really is if you are using the 3ba models of armor and skin you need it, or a similar mod.

2 hours ago, trgdolors said:

If I am understanding you, and I am not sure I am, CBBE 3BBB, under Final (one of the last things to install), requires SMP. After recent updates, 3BBB is pretty good now, and works nice with CBPC. I believe a few other mods in the guide require SMP; SMP is fairly important.

Many of us have replaced HDT-SMP (Skinned Mesh Physics) with Faster HDT-SMP as it allegedly has better performance. Before real life interfered, Aylis suggested that there might be a way to use Faster HDT-SMP to give better physics with hair and cloaks, etc. We used to use KS Hairdos - HDT SMP (Physics). It was awesome(!) but buggy (hair would stretch out really far, etc) and Aylis had to drop it from the guide. Getting hair, fabric, cape, etc physics to work in a decent performance and not too buggy way would be a significant achievement for the community. I am not up to date on developments on this front.

1 hour ago, jaeos said:

cbbe 3ba. Heavy legion. HIMBO. 

HDT-SMP in the requirments tab it will list all known mods that require smp

Just a few that (as far as i remember) are on this particular list. But it really is if you are using the 3ba models of armor and skin you need it, or a similar mod.

Ok , I just got confused in the 3BBB installer by this screen , This guide says CBPC only .

Spoiler

Capture.PNG

Edited by Auxitism

I added Arthmoor's Oakwood, I like the village below Lakeview which makes it less isolated.

Although it's not part of the guide I'm hoping someone can identify what's going on with a tree Arthmoor added and "Enhanced Vanilla Trees SSE".  I made a post in technical support, but nobody has responded.  Here's the post detailing the issue.  It's Like an additional tree inserted itself which doesn't render correctly.

28 minutes ago, remodel said:

I added Arthmoor's Oakwood, I like the village below Lakeview which makes it less isolated.

Although it's not part of the guide I'm hoping someone can identify what's going on with a tree Arthmoor added and "Enhanced Vanilla Trees SSE".  I made a post in technical support, but nobody has responded.  Here's the post detailing the issue.  It's Like an additional tree inserted itself which doesn't render correctly.

looks like the lod is staying loaded for it . did you rebuild for texgen/dyno after making your patch ?

3 hours ago, Auxitism said:

ooks like the lod is staying loaded for it . did you rebuild for texgen/dyno after making your patch ?

I haven't finished loading for TexGen and DynDOLOD yet.  There is some sort of artifact left behind after disabling the tree. I'm wondering if I go into the OakWood mod and remove the tree entry outright that it might go away,

On 12/14/2021 at 3:18 PM, Auxitism said:

So my fps are great except in the woods out side falkreach . I think its the grass up and such up to my waste . 

Any suggestions on what mod I can tweak to alleviate this . My fps goes down to 34ish in this area . enough of a drop i can feel it 

Also , if i change something will i have to rerun the grass cache or lod and bash again  ?

screenshoot 3 is the worst , 40fps for the first 37 the 2nd and the last is 31. enb did get captured ..

edit rebuilding the grass cache with the dyndolod option set to one has seemed to work .

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot0.png

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot1.png

Hide contents

ScreenShot2.png

Looks like you have a 3D plant mod. Don't expect good fps in Falkreath with one of those unless your PC is super powerful. 

I get probably an average of 23 fps there with 3d tress, plants, and an enb in the Falkreath area. Though I'm on a temporary laptop with a 3050 and an 11th gen i5 at 4.1 ghz with a miserable 8 gb ram. 

If you can't bear to drop the 3D plants you're going to have to tweak your ENB down, cut out the more expensive effects. 

13 hours ago, Sesheenku said:

Looks like you have a 3D plant mod. Don't expect good fps in Falkreath with one of those unless your PC is super powerful. 

I get probably an average of 23 fps there with 3d tress, plants, and an enb in the Falkreath area. Though I'm on a temporary laptop with a 3050 and an 11th gen i5 at 4.1 ghz with a miserable 8 gb ram. 

If you can't bear to drop the 3D plants you're going to have to tweak your ENB down, cut out the more expensive effects. 

I changed a no grass build option and am golden now with no discernable visual loss :) I got an  i7-10700K , 32gb ram and a 3070 

Edited by Auxitism
3 hours ago, Auxitism said:

@Aylis Does this guide have a discord ? For general chat screenshots , help , sharing cool mods not in the guide etc ?  If not could we start one ? 

RUSTIC SOULGEMS - Unsorted.esp -  2 ITMs any one clean it ? 

Identical to Master, is safe to clean as long there's no other mod modifying "soulgemgrand" and "soulgemblack" with incompatible entries for "Rustic Soulgems".

You can confirm that with xEdit.  Is also safe to left alone.

8 hours ago, Auxitism said:

I changed a no grass build option and am golden now with no discernable visual loss :) I got an  i7-10700K , 32gb ram and a 3070 

You also have to make sure the INI files are properly made, check ya Nvidia config and allow to use more stuff (for a few months i was limiting the power/energy my GPU could use and ofc that had a noticeable effect on FPS and quality.)

While the mayor difference is that my Skyrim runs on a NVME SSD you have a better cpu than me (i have a 8700K) and boy i can tell you you SHOULD NOT have so few fps no matter if its close to Falkreath, Solsteim, Whiterun or the ass of some giant.

I use the max quality textures (4K or 16K), Dyndolod cracked up to the max setting Aylis gave us, and stuff like Light For ENB with almost every options activated and with a few (40 or so) more mods that should be papyrus heavy yet i rarely drop down pass the 45 FPS, most of the time im around 50-60 no matter whats happening no matter where.

Check up your windows configs, Nvidia, and INI files on MO2, if i can push the game so far you should be able to aswell or at the very least be as smooth as mine.

On 12/17/2021 at 10:23 PM, Kuriido said:

I was wondering. Is it safe to install devious device related stuff in this guide ? Considering it put a lot of stress on papyrus.

Devious Devices was removed a couple revisions back. I do not think anything was added that would prevent you from adding DD.

One thing to keep in mind: When using DD you cannot use Your Own Thoughts, YOT breaks DD hobble animations (at least it used to maybe someone did a patch).

And regarding your papyrus stress question. If you can run this modlist and it is an enjoyable experience DD will not break it. If DD is the one mod that puts you into 'this is a stuttering mess not worth playing' territory I would argue that there is a lot of other stuff you should turn off first.

On 12/17/2021 at 3:23 PM, Kuriido said:

I was wondering. Is it safe to install devious device related stuff in this guide ? Considering it put a lot of stress on papyrus.

I run it, along with cursed loot, and all of the animal stuff. also run sexlab approach redux, player succubus quest, and deadly drain. I think the slavetats scripts run way worse than DD, or the papyrus engine is showing its age of everything must go through the cpu first, even if it is just a rendered tree. 

1 hour ago, cloudmc said:

For AE, do we know what wouldn't be able to be installed?  I'm working down the list so far and only .NET Script Framework seems to be not updated to support AE in the SKSE Extensions, so far I can't find why we need that either.

@cloudmc .Net script framework is a dependency for Bug Fixes SSE and No Grass in Objects, but not sure if those are still needed in AE. Does not appear either have been updated to AE support

Edited by kesryth