Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

For anyone jumping to AE, I would say that the list is stable with all of the updates so far BUT Racemenu still hasn't updated yet and that's a big consideration. Also, I think DAR still doesn't work with AE yet.

Regarding the female walk, I'm a little confused too. EVG Animation Variance recommends using a walk replacer on its main page. Now that mcgFemaleWalk was removed, I'm back to ugly Skyrim walking. I re-added it, and I still see EVG AV's conditional animations (wounded, tired, etc.).

Edited by wollboi
1 hour ago, Auxitism said:

I want to use the SMP hair . I couldnt find clear instructions , do I just load SMP hair after the regular one ,  and HPC Resourse KS  SMP resource and the regular one ? 

Do I need to regular ones ? 

Reveal hidden contents

Capture.PNG

No, they are separate mods.  In SMP version, you need to also build the bodyslide for the collision meshes.

I backed up my old exe so it updated but all my old stuff still works. 

Won't be changing that exe anytime soon, maybe never. I wish Bethesda would just leave the damn game alone, all they ever do is make modders lives more complicated and literally break entire load orders adding content or "fixes" nobody needs, wants, and never asked for. 

I was excited when they said the AE would be something you needed to buy but then they went and updated SE anyways. 

There's always that fear that a mod that's integral to your game could never be updated. 

3 hours ago, Sesheenku said:

I backed up my old exe so it updated but all my old stuff still works. 

Won't be changing that exe anytime soon, maybe never. I wish Bethesda would just leave the damn game alone, all they ever do is make modders lives more complicated and literally break entire load orders adding content or "fixes" nobody needs, wants, and never asked for. 

I was excited when they said the AE would be something you needed to buy but then they went and updated SE anyways. 

There's always that fear that a mod that's integral to your game could never be updated. 

Now imagine that for people that are learning modding (creating) its a pain in the ass when a tool changes too much, now imagine when the entire things flips on its head and gets run over by a super heavy tank, oh, and for good measure, the recently NexusMod fiasco of a few months ago already made some gems of mods and modders go away (by one reason or another) and now this.

The literally added mods that would take 3 hours to add to your game if you know how to install basic mods yet still charge more, fucked the already stable version and the cream on top is that it wasnt needed as the game haves the biggest modding community, no one needed this, not even on console.

"All of this just works" my Russian pale ass.

So I got distracted by FO4 for a month (level 96, should probably go rescue Nick from Park Street soon, I guess) and a couple of DLC drops for other games I play, before returning to Skyrim, and um, opps, missed backing up the old version before AE updated.

Steps taken to get a working SE going again, with bonus CC content and extra CTDs:

1: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57618?tab=files BestofBothWorldsPatcher, the smaller one.

2: Disabled Official Master Files - Cleaned - since I'm using a different set of offcial master files now.

3: fix binkw64.dll from DLL plugin loader (took me 30 minutes to figure that out)
4: replaced Enhanced Soul Trap with Yet Another Soul Trap Manager https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/56144?tab=files  (to work with Flawed Varla Stones from Curios)
5: added Survival Mode USSEP Patch (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/58348) after Unofficial Skyrim Modders Patch)
6: added SkyUI - Survival Mode Integration (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17729) after SkyUI

7: got annoyed with the look of the aetherium crown from the Forgotten Retex Project, so tried Misc Circlet Opus SSE and the aetherial crown replacer (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/41676?tab=files) - this wasn't required for AE, but I prefer the look of these and am much happier now.
8: discovered survival mode has the same problem as other survival modes, and really wants you to wear specific armour types in cold environments. And how could they miss the opportunity to add spells to help with warmth. (A FO4 style armour modding system for warmth would also be welcome)

Everything is working, although I have seen a few CTDs,

On 12/13/2021 at 12:38 PM, Aylis said:

I will be adding a ☑️ to the mods that do have an update for AE (just be patient, i just started to go through the pages).

For those that do want to use the free CC and have the rest running as well. Make a copy of the following files:

SkyrimSE.exe

binkw64.dll

interface\startmenu.swf

Make the update to AE and then copy the three files back into the game.

I can't find and startmenu.swf for Skyriim.  Searched both my SSDs and the only startmenu.swf file was in my Enderal install.

@axz2

If you don't have one you should be fine. That swf was mentioned in another thread to cause issues when it gets overwritten (aka with the update).

Maybe thats only with a different UI. Added an info to the post

Edited by Aylis

So my fps are great except in the woods out side falkreach . I think its the grass up and such up to my waste . 

Any suggestions on what mod I can tweak to alleviate this . My fps goes down to 34ish in this area . enough of a drop i can feel it 

Also , if i change something will i have to rerun the grass cache or lod and bash again  ?

screenshoot 3 is the worst , 40fps for the first 37 the 2nd and the last is 31. enb did get captured ..

edit rebuilding the grass cache with the dyndolod option set to one has seemed to work .

Spoiler

ScreenShot0.png

Spoiler

ScreenShot1.png

Spoiler

ScreenShot2.png

Edited by Auxitism
19 hours ago, wollboi said:

For anyone jumping to AE, I would say that the list is stable with all of the updates so far BUT Racemenu still hasn't updated yet and that's a big consideration. Also, I think DAR still doesn't work with AE yet.

Regarding the female walk, I'm a little confused too. EVG Animation Variance recommends using a walk replacer on its main page. Now that mcgFemaleWalk was removed, I'm back to ugly Skyrim walking. I re-added it, and I still see EVG AV's conditional animations (wounded, tired, etc.).

Does earlier versions of mcgFemaleWalk still work with AE? Let's say I have the folder somewhere...

10 hours ago, maltodaxtrin said:

Does earlier versions of mcgFemaleWalk still work with AE? Let's say I have the folder somewhere...

You can always "force" them to work putting them in the DAR folders (virtual folders on MO2), the thing is you gotta figure out what # to name the folder.

The nexus page of DAR haves most numeric namings tho, should be easy. 

example: an sneak animation not meant for DAR

Spoiler

image.png.0a9b249a78dc84298df3771c749d584b.png

@Aylis Im currently testing Nexus mods Nemesis but im having some troubles on my SSD (damn windows 11 i swear) but i believe its the exact same thing but just on nexus (finally)

May be worth to change the link on the guide, you cant believe how much times people download the Code instead of teh actual thing in GitHub

and ?I recommend to merge Mesh Fixes into the main mod  for HD Stone Quarry and Clay Deposit seems to be no longer needed as the Mod Author updated the mod and added it into the main files. 

Edited by Jessica_Degurechaff
33 minutes ago, Auxitism said:

it takes me an hour to configure all the MCM menus . is there anyway to save that  ? I'm dreading starting a new game for that reason alone lol 

For some you can save and later reload the settings. It usually is one of the options on the last page.

34 minutes ago, Auxitism said:

it takes me an hour to configure all the MCM menus . is there anyway to save that  ? I'm dreading starting a new game for that reason alone lol 

The MCM Settings loader series helps with exactly that.

Obviously he hasn't created a loader for every mod including a MCM on this list (yet) but he should cover a couple of mods.

For me personally it's about 20. That's 20 MCMs less to configure.

25 minutes ago, stepfel said:

Another issue - I just arrived at Dragonsreach, and it is extremely dark inside. WHen I disable the Bashed Patch, everything is fine. I tried rebuilding it a few times, but whenever I enable the Bashed Patch, Dragonsreach is nearly black

I had this issue as well , I fixed it by using the vanilla values version of luminosity and rebuilding my bash appropriately . not sure if this is kosher but I haven't had any complaints yet to doing this   

Edited by Auxitism
10 hours ago, Auxitism said:

I had this issue as well , I fixed it by using the vanilla values version of luminosity and rebuilding my bash appropriately . not sure if this is kosher but I haven't had any complaints yet to doing this   

Replacing Luminosity with Luminosity Lightweight works, thank you!

13 hours ago, Numa_Cway said:

The MCM Settings loader series helps with exactly that.

Obviously he hasn't created a loader for every mod including a MCM on this list (yet) but he should cover a couple of mods.

For me personally it's about 20. That's 20 MCMs less to configure.

Nice find. I definitely have to take a closer look at that.