Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

@Aylis May be worth to take a look, fixes an issue i myself have gotten when changing the textures of the Mara statue (that shares it with the Braziers) 
even if not for the guide it self you may want to ssave it somewhere to fix possible stuff in the future (thats what im going to do, since a modder i follow is going to make his own mara statue)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/60755

Edited by Jessica_Degurechaff
13 hours ago, ascendentkunglao said:

What are some other ENB + Reshade settings that people are running along side this marvelous mod guide!?  I'm still running the Rudy + Velvet Reshade currently was trying to try out some different ones, Pi-Cho ENB is pretty nice but I'm debating what reshade to run with it.  

After I did several tests (listed below*) of different combinations I settled for Pi-Cho ENB for Cathedral Weathers with LUX as interior lighting mod.

As LUTs I use "Kitsune Cut Default" for Silent Horizons LUT A and "01 Snapdragon" in Snapdragon LUT A.

I'm currently not using any Reshade.

Please note that I don't claim that's the best combination there is. Just after testing all those I listed below it was the one that looked the best in my opinion.

I also read from several people they don't like LUX because it is "too dramatic". (Understandable)

I wish I could show you the screenshots I took for comparison but I already deleted them.

*combinations I tested:

Spoiler

Rudy + ELFX

Rudy + ELFX Enhancer

Rudy + ELFX Hardcore

Rudy + Window Shadows RT

Rudy + Ambient Lighting Combined

Rudy Zangdar Edit for LUX

Pi-Cho + LUX (winner)

Pi-Cho + ELFX

Pi-Cho + ELFX Enhancer

Pi-Cho + ELFX Hardccore

Pi-Cho + Window Shadows RT

Pi-Cho + Ambient Lighting combined

36 minutes ago, Auxitism said:

Anyone use this ? M'rissi's Tails of Troubles It looks so good. Was surprised it wasn't listed in the NPC(Follower) section . Thought I'd check to see if any could yay or nay it 

She is decent. A great mod but she is very outdated, she needs a new texture or you can download a replacer for her.

55 minutes ago, Fox_Ninja said:

She is decent. A great mod but she is very outdated, she needs a new texture or you can download a replacer for her.

I got

Wintersun - M'rissi's Tails of Troubles Patch-59940-1-0-1639277777

Delayed to level 15 (Recommended)-17810-1-0

Fluffy M'rissi-53654-1-1-1630231057

M'risssi CBBE 3BA Bodyslide-53654-1-1-1629924586 

I have been using BBLS. It of course is not on the Nexus currently. It is pretty good! If you install it read all the advice on how. It is a little involved. In my game it is taking 3 ESP slots, though.

It apparently has a problem with Serana Dialogue Add-On SE (SDA), though there is supposedly a way to have them together if you start a new game and follow the advice. I haven't tried that, or even activated SDA yet.

I am using CC's HQ Luxury Suite Textures (no extra slot) with BBLS for a nice wood look. There are some other BBLS addons on the Nexus.

4 hours ago, trgdolors said:

It apparently has a problem with Serana Dialogue Add-On SE (SDA), though there is supposedly a way to have them together if you start a new game and follow the advice. I haven't tried that, or even activated SDA yet.

it makes sense there may be a conflict , but this is the first I've heard of it. I've read through Migals www site and didnt see anything to indicate it specifically . Doy uo have a source I could read ? I wasnt sure how BBLS would play with some of the sleep mods in our list here .  All is well with that ?

Edited by Auxitism

Mara's Kiss

In case you're running into trouble acquiring the ingredients ask a Khajiit caravan or some... uhm... contacts in Riften.

Spoiler

Take a nice mug and fill it to a third with milk

Add 1 and a half teaspoons sugar

Add 2 teaspoon vanilla sirup

Add 3 teaspoon spiced mead (if you never tried mead before i recommend this set)

Now fill the mug with coffee and stir well

Put some whipped cream on top

Sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon over it

Enjoy a very nice sweet coffee with a hint of spices, honey and vanilla. Perfect for relaxing on a cold winter day. :)

Edited by Aylis
5 hours ago, trgdolors said:

I have been using BBLS. It of course is not on the Nexus currently. It is pretty good! If you install it read all the advice on how. It is a little involved. In my game it is taking 3 ESP slots, though.

I tried to use that one mod a while ago but while it does "work" it causes me a lot of issues regarding NPC handling, if they updated it may be worth using it again since theres not a single place in the entire skyrim that is "relaxing", at most some are comfy as a cabin in the woods and a blanket can be.

It also used to cause Save Game Corruption, so unless it got updated i would advice to not use it unless you just want to take pics on it and not truly "play" the game.

5 hours ago, Auxitism said:

it makes sense there may be a conflict , but this is the first I've heard of it. I've read through Migals www site and didnt see anything to indicate it specifically . Doy uo have a source I could read ? I wasnt sure how BBLS would play with some of the sleep mods in our list here .  All is well with that ?

SDA's own description page mentions the problem. If you search (pretty far) into the SDA Nexus comments it is mentioned a few times. The proposed solution had something to do with starting a new game with BBLS, but not SDA activated. Then at some point activating SDA.

I think the sleep mods work, but I don't use them much so not totally sure.

BBLS is great especially if you want to send NPCs to go live somewhere. I am not having trouble with it, but taking 3 slots is quite a lot.

As for issues with BBLS, the install directions were fairly specific, and its been a while since I installed it. I have used it through a few builds. When Migal took it off Nexus unfortunately we lost years worth of comments. It had received a few updates within the last year before it left Nexus.

Actually, looking at it now, the files look quite different than I remember. Does anyone know if it has received updates since it left Nexus? How many ESP slots does it currently take?

Edited by trgdolors
2 hours ago, trgdolors said:

SDA's own description page mentions the problem. If you search (pretty far) into the SDA Nexus comments it is mentioned a few times. The proposed solution had something to do with starting a new game with BBLS, but not SDA activated. Then at some point activating SDA.

I think the sleep mods work, but I don't use them much so not totally sure.

BBLS is great especially if you want to send NPCs to go live somewhere. I am not having trouble with it, but taking 3 slots is quite a lot.

As for issues with BBLS, the install directions were fairly specific, and its been a while since I installed it. I have used it through a few builds. When Migal took it off Nexus unfortunately we lost years worth of comments. It had received a few updates within the last year before it left Nexus.

Actually, looking at it now, the files look quite different than I remember. Does anyone know if it has received updates since it left Nexus? How many ESP slots does it currently take?

From Discord ,

1. Note: The BBLS Base download comes with four plugins:
    BBLuxurySuite.esm -- This is the base master plugin. It will be high in your load order.
    BBLuxurySuiteENM.esp -- This is the exterior navmesh. Place it low to overrule encroaching mods.
    BBLS_SKSE64_Patch -- Disable if not running SKSE
    BBLSextBeds.esp -- ESL plugin that modifies vanilla beds in extensions locations. Disable if you are not using extensions. 

BBLS version 3.15 -- first post-Nexus BBLS release

@Auxitism @trgdolors I would not recommend BBLS at all. Too much bagage from the oldrim modding days. Back then a lot of other mods had 'does not work with BBLS' in bright shiny letters on their pages because Migal did not care at all about trivial things like playing nice with other mods.

You could make it work if you paid really close attention but it was way too much overhead for me before I kicked it to the curb. At the end my troubleshooting went like this: Add a mod that replaces a rock in solstheim -> build crashes -> disable BBLS -> build no longer crashes.

Just updating - AE is working great with the list. More CTDs than I'm used to, but only about one every few hours, which is normal Skyrim operating procedure.

Of note is that I'm on a kind of back-to-basics kick and am playing with more vanilla leveling (no Ordinator, no Evolution, no Moonlight Tales), etc. The latter did give me some issues, but that mod hasn't been updated in forever.

Reason I'm doing a more vanilla playthrough is I've fallen in love with this channel and its walkthroughs (and the cute dragon mascot). I just finished their OP Necromancer build and it was insane. IMO, having one tomb giant, two skeleton champions, two skeleton warlocks, one permanent Wrathman, one permanent reanimated arch-vampire, Serana, and one reanimated whatever from Serana is worth the price of AE alone.