Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

19 hours ago, Wapoww said:

I need help. Which mods do i need to ease up my script load. It's making my game lag & unplayable.

In the install guide all of the script heavy mods are labeled (script heavy). Easiest way? everything not on the actual list. 

3 hours ago, remodel said:

One of the biggest hurdles will be SSE Engine Fixes (skse64 plugin).  The author said he wasn't going to fix it.  I've heard, third hand, that the SKSE team is considering fixing it.

Looks like the nexus page for it has been updated, they have 2 versions of part one available one for 1.5.39 (Se) and 1.6 (ae) part 2 is fully compatible with both versions. But i'm looking along the interwebz for other discussions.

Ok from what i can figure out (read between the lines) Fudgyduff decided to not update engine fixes, Aers stepped in and took engine fixes over and added wolfpack in as help?primary? (and honestly wolfpacks posts sound suspiciously like just dont') (alterego perhaps? long lost brother? ?) but they have redone the first part of the engine fixes, but with AE there isn't an INI file it's a .toml. Have not looked into the differences unless someone wants to give a synopsis in words using less than 3 syllables :P.

Edited by jaeos

I don't know when they switched honestly, i didn't keep up with when it was switched but the sticky on the engine fixes by wolfpack deliberately mentions it is not a ini and is now a .toml file, i just based it off of what i read. 

EngineFixes.ini has been replaced with EngineFixes.toml in 5.3.3+.  so whenever 5.3.3 came out it was a utf-8 coded .toml file according to the post here

Well, I'm having a schlong issue.  There is another mesh only schlong overlapping the underside and extending beyond the textured schlong.  I searched the comments in the guide and found several references to the issue which pointed to documentation in the guide.  For the life of me I can not find the documentation to fix the issue in the guide. 

Here are the posts which references bug section and descriptions.  I could not find the references mentioned or any other notes about schlong selection.  Could the documentation have been removed?

1)   Q:  Neither HIMBO nor the 3d pubic hair makes any mention of incompatibilities or what type of schlong you should install.

A: OK, in the bugsection is a part of it...

Schlongs have a texture mismatch with the skin of the body (aka incompatible)

Pubic hair covers it, but the applied texture is too small for the big schlong (aka incompatible)

Using a thinner schlong with the pubic hair solves both problems

2)  Q: It seems that 3D Pubic Hair for HIMBO doesn't work for me. It kind of ads a mesh over the schlong and it looks very strange... Am I doing something wrong?

A:  Yes, you're using the wrong schlong. Only the standard one works (check the descriptions).

Here's my issue:

1838737623_SchlongIssue.jpg.6b170d0c54197ae5710d781def8eefc8.jpg

I could trial and terror this until I get it solved, but there appears to be a knowledge base which will solve it quickly for me.  Thanks for any help you can give me.

On 12/4/2021 at 3:32 PM, Wapoww said:

I need help. Which mods do i need to ease up my script load. It's making my game lag & unplayable.

Like Jaeos said, you should identify heavy script mods. However you don't really need to uninstall them if you like those mods.

There are 2 options:

- Try to configure the mod's MCM so that the mod's script trigger internals is as sparsed as possible.

- If the mod using cloak to function, head over to Nexus to see if someone created a mod doing the same thing but with SPID instead. For example, mod Footprint has a SPID implementation that increase your fps by 1-5 fps.

2 hours ago, remodel said:

Well, I'm having a schlong issue.  There is another mesh only schlong overlapping the underside and extending beyond the textured schlong.  I searched the comments in the guide and found several references to the issue which pointed to documentation in the guide.  For the life of me I can not find the documentation to fix the issue in the guide. 

Here are the posts which references bug section and descriptions.  I could not find the references mentioned or any other notes about schlong selection.  Could the documentation have been removed?

1)   Q:  Neither HIMBO nor the 3d pubic hair makes any mention of incompatibilities or what type of schlong you should install.

A: OK, in the bugsection is a part of it...

Schlongs have a texture mismatch with the skin of the body (aka incompatible)

Pubic hair covers it, but the applied texture is too small for the big schlong (aka incompatible)

Using a thinner schlong with the pubic hair solves both problems

2)  Q: It seems that 3D Pubic Hair for HIMBO doesn't work for me. It kind of ads a mesh over the schlong and it looks very strange... Am I doing something wrong?

A:  Yes, you're using the wrong schlong. Only the standard one works (check the descriptions).

Here's my issue:

Reveal hidden contents

1838737623_SchlongIssue.jpg.6b170d0c54197ae5710d781def8eefc8.jpg

I could trial and terror this until I get it solved, but there appears to be a knowledge base which will solve it quickly for me.  Thanks for any help you can give me.

OK, I unchecked "3D pubic hair for HIMBO".  Found a bug report in HIMBO, "Penis texture on erect penis incorrect" which Kreiste says is not a bug, but at the bottom "3D pubic hair for HIMBO" was mentioned as breaking the textures, so not a HIMBO bug.  Obviously, there's more going on here that would allow "3D pubic hair for HIMBO" to work but I don't know what that is yet.  Not sure I'm going to play around with it to make it work. 

This is what the schlong looks like without "3D pubic hair for HIMBO", which for right now works well enough!  I'm not seeing the seams as reported earlier, maybe I'm blind.  I'd still like to know what options make "3D pubic hair for HIMBO" work though.

804212709_SchlongIssuenopubichair.jpg.02ca294061df63ee761479a51568a5d2.jpg

Edited by remodel

I've got the PC load working well enough to proceed with the rest of the Guide.  Still interested in the HIMBO pubic hair.  I'd like to thank Aylis and everyone who supports the Guide for a great mod guide.  I would never have thought to get HIMBO working with SOS.  3BBB, smp, and CBBE would have taken me a lot longer to figure out.  I'm looking forward to getting FNIS and NEMESIS working.

So I just redone the whole list but as expected, Im encountering some problems.

The worst thing is that the game crashes randomly, three times so far and it doesnt seem tied to any obvious script loading, but maybe it happens only outside (crashed twice while running, once immediately when pressing E while leaving the whiterun palace with Irileth first time). Hope its not related to alt-tabbing a lot. Maybe dumb question but is there a crash log somewhere? If so, would it be any useful? /// Guess I fixed this by enabling No Grass in Objects and the Config from Aylis (I disabled it after generating the grass cache for some reason).

Another thing is missing ground texture in Winterhold Windhelm in the market area (maybe related to parallax?), and people glow at night when its raining, not only the guards though, everyones glowing which is worrying. /// Fixed the missing texture by reinstalling and overwriting Dlizzios Mesh Fixed without Parallax Patch. Fixed the glow in rain by setting the NPC/Player shaders off in R.A.S.S. mcm.

The game runs rather well on 1440p around 55 FPS outside (not using the provided .inis), but the stutter is so weird it feels like my mouse is on gravel when looking around. Not a big deal though (it also stutters like hell when looking around because the Vram is constantly filled).

Some related info:

Im on SE 1.5.97.0.8, SKSE64 2.0.20 rel 6 and ENB 0.465

Using edited custom face preset and I should be using the greek goddes nerfed body, I forgot to set it in the racemenu but it should be auto-selected right?

Im keeping FNIS, No grass in Objects and No grass in Objects - (Aylis) Config disabled in MO2 after generating FNIS Output files and grass cache, is this correct? /// Not correct, seems like disabling the No Grass mod will crash the game randomly.

Should I keep both the nemesis and the nemesis output active, or only the output?

I used the wrong grass mode when using DynDolod 3 (noticed it moments ago)

Used papyrusutils.dll for AE instead of SE, does this affect any of the tex, lod, grass, fnis, nemesis, sseedit, bash generation that happened outside the game (except the grass)?

My folder sizes:

FNIS Output 21.2 MB

Nemesis Output 76 MB

Bashed Patch Output 1.84 MB

Grass Cache (8948 files) 1.45 GB

TexGen_Output 156 MB

DynDOLOD Output 2.83 GB 4.10 GB After re-running it with the correct grass mode and "Optimal" tree mesh rules

BPS Patch 80.7 KB

I think these were larger when I did it back in feb/march, maybe it has to do with the new versions of these things.

Other than that it seems fine but I have a couple of questions:

Which SL mod is handling the distribution of pubic hair among NPCs and player? I kinda want everyone shaved because the grass is ugly. /// I just filtered by search "pubic" in MO2 and disabled everything it found. Looks like it worked.

Is there a mod compatible with this list which would make the combat more dynamic? It almost feels turn-based with heavier weapons right now.

I know there are several slavery mods, but is there something which would allow you (besides just selling/buying slaves) to set-up a brothel or something and earn passive income by using the slaves? A Skyrim slave tycoon maybe?

Thanks for the amazing modlist.

Edited by Ahtala
Enlightened by future

Are there any negative consequences with using Immersive Jewelry SSE and Complete Crafting Overhaul Remastered with the Guide?

Thought I'd do a little test of Immersive Jewelry on the CBBE 3BBB wrong body and High Poly head.  I used Anaka - Nord by PoeticAnt44 from Courageous Women of Skyrim - High Poly Head Female Presets.  Put on some jewelry and everything seemed to work fine except for some minor clipping on a fine chain bracelet on the right arm (2 links were obscured by the wrist).  The necklace is from the tavern clothes.  She's all dressed up for a night on the town!

I really need to get this ENB up and running, shadows on the face and body are too deep.  Just noticed the white rock behind PC, I'll need to check that out to see what all is there.

811859321_JewelryTest.jpg.b63ce008d249424653e48060e9832e9c.jpg

Also, have some very thin wrist seams with the body not related to the jewelry. 

Edited by remodel
16 hours ago, Ahtala said:

Another thing is missing ground texture in Winterhold in the market area (maybe related to parallax?), and people glow at night when its raining, not only the guards though, everyones glowing which is worry

I went through my list 3 times or so trying to find the source of this problem, and it was in the parallax addon to Dlizio's mesh fixes. If you just install the main mod and don't merge the parallax option into it, it fixes the issues for me. Well, it fixed it in Windhelm, but maybe the same problem?

16 hours ago, Ahtala said:

So I just redone the whole list but as expected, Im encountering some problems.

The worst thing is that the game crashes randomly, three times so far and it doesnt seem tied to any obvious script loading, but maybe it happens only outside (crashed twice while running, once immediately when pressing E while leaving the whiterun palace with Irileth first time). Hope its not related to alt-tabbing a lot. Maybe dumb question but is there a crash log somewhere? If so, would it be any useful?

Another thing is missing ground texture in Winterhold in the market area (maybe related to parallax?), and people glow at night when its raining, not only the guards though, everyones glowing which is worrying.

The game runs rather well on 1440p around 55 FPS outside (not using the provided .inis), but the stutter is so weird it feels like my mouse is on gravel when looking around. Not a big deal though (it also stutters like hell when looking around because the Vram is constantly filled).

Some related info:

Im on SE 1.5.97.0.8, SKSE64 2.0.20 rel 6 and ENB 0.465

Using edited custom face preset and I should be using the greek goddes nerfed body, I forgot to set it in the racemenu but it should be auto-selected right?

Im keeping FNIS, No grass in Objects and No grass in Objects - (Aylis) Config disabled in MO2 after generating FNIS Output files and grass cache, is this correct?

Should I keep both the nemesis and the nemesis output active, or only the output?

I used the wrong grass mode when using DynDolod 3 (noticed it moments ago)

Used papyrusutils.dll for AE instead of SE, does this affect any of the tex, lod, grass, fnis, nemesis, sseedit, bash generation that happened outside the game (except the grass)?

My folder sizes:

FNIS Output 21.2 MB

Nemesis Output 76 MB

Bashed Patch Output 1.84 MB

Grass Cache (8948 files) 1.45 GB

TexGen_Output 156 MB

DynDOLOD Output 2.83 GB

BPS Patch 80.7 KB

I think these were larger when I did it back in feb/march, maybe it has to do with the new versions of these things.

Other than that it seems fine but I have a couple of questions:

Which SL mod is handling the distribution of pubic hair among NPCs and player? I kinda want everyone shaved because the grass is ugly.

Is there a mod compatible with this list which would make the combat more dynamic? It almost feels turn-based with heavier weapons right now.

Thanks for the amazing modlist.

The glow is from the rain, i want to say seasons and weather, but not 100% sure on it,  i find it pretty useful for spotting patrols in the rain from OBIS.

It's very possible alt-tabbing could be causing memory dumps (which would cause a ctd since it now no longer finds what was in memory) a different way to alt out is open the console and type { save funclist 1 } (also useful if you are looking for a npc number to teleport to or bring them to you, i lost lydia and found her in the dead bodies crypt for the Karthwasten cell and using the func list that pops up when you do so gives you the active id and the ref id for all of the npc currently active in the game, and doesn't seem to cause stack failure. Or run the game in windowed mode, I do not know how well that works as i use fullscreen and use my phone to look things up rather than alt-tab.

Greek goddess body. If you are not building that in bodyslide (or using the prebuilt meshes provided by aylis) you will be using the stock cbbe body. It will not show in racemenu what body you are using, it is whatever body is stored in the bottom few mods. (either bodyslide output if you built it yourself, or the bodyslide files aylis produced) Skyrim is different to fallout in that skyrim uses a complete "head" for a face preset, fallout uses a front and a back. 

for FNIS/Nemesis. Nemesis checked OFF. Run FNIS. run the animation generator, make a mod out of the output (you should be doing all of this inside MO2, if you do not know how youtube, search gamerspoets, his video list will show how to set fnis in the executables and run it. Turn off Fores new idles in skyrim. (that's what mine installed as) Check Nemesis ON, run Nemesis and leave nemesis on after it finishes (it creates a pseudo FNIS.ESP to allow it to run the FNIS animations as well)

Can't help on the grass cache since i don't use it.  

My textures .7zip is 51089 kb (51mb) so that is more what sizes of textures you are using. If you are constantl;y running out of vram, i would suggest dropping the texture sizes from 4k to 2k. You will notice a framerate improvement and less stuttering, or shutting off things like youtube music while you play (even if you are not watching it the gpu will still render it in case you want to see it)

Not sure about the paputil.dll, you would be the test case for this thread. 

Pubic hair is one of those things that matters if it is on the skin or not. I use SOS pubic hair but if i turn pubic hair off on my pc she still has a sparse hair showing, If that is the case you can do a couple of things, replace the skin, or overwrite the skin. Sounds the same but it's not. replacing it is installing a different mod with skin that does not have hair on the pubic region. the other is finding the skin you want, opening the mod you want to keep and saving the skin to the mod you want. I have not bothered with it since the last update i did. 

Spoiler

image.png.329759945e2d3982896995523e8c0187.png

this is the skin for shield sisters 

Spoiler

image.png.7e5691ee6f5ee61bc554419a798b8f79.png

This is the skin for a race mod i have called daughter of coldharbour.

If i do not want the hair i copy the skin from the shield sisters mod and put it in the DOC mod. But the one skin is darker than the other, so i would have to live with that, or live with the hair, or, pull the skin off another mod 

So it seems like I'm up and running in AE with the list using the alpha version of JContainers. The only mods I have to disable are Armor Rating Redux (not a huge loss) and .NET Framework (pretty annoying, and doesn't look like that's going to be updated soon). My old save is dead, which is pretty expected. XP32 seems to halfway work, but I'll have to play around with that some more. The updated version of Sexlab also seems fine. I'm going to run around as a new character for a while and see what breaks. But still, this is good.

Edit - Hmm, also hold off on the Rudy Cathedral/Water for ENB patch. I think it's only for Shades of Skyrim, but the FOMOD doesn't really say that.

Edit - Annnnd I'm back to being on hold. Everything seems fine, but Racemenu hasn't bee updated yet and playing Skyrim without a waifu preset is kind've pointless. Author says they are currently testing it, so hopefully soon.

Edited by wollboi

I'm out of the hospital (but still weak). I'll need some more time to get back on my feet so i have to go slow checking things. 

The bill will be nasty, but at least i won't get bancrupt over it...

Edited by Aylis
3 minutes ago, Aylis said:

I'm out of the hospital (but still weak). I'll need some more time to get back on my feet so i have to go slow checking things. 

Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

2 hours ago, Aylis said:

Glad you are feeling better , didn't know you were sick , get 100% soon!

I've got an interesting issue. I have a fresh game install from Steam, added SKSE v2.0.20, ran the BestOfBothWorldsPatcher.exe, installed the required mods for sexlab plus some extras (see mod list below), ran FNIS, cleaned the startup files with SSEEdit and ran Loot to sort. I start the game and create a new game, loading into the Alternate Start where it takes me to character creation right away....but I cannot click Done. Also pressing R does nothing. I just cannot finish creating a character. Am I forgetting to do something?

Spoiler

#Mod_Priority,#Mod_Status,#Mod_Name
"0000","+","Creation Club: ccQDRSSE001-SurvivalMode"
"0001","+","Creation Club: ccBGSSSE037-Curios"
"0002","+","Creation Club: ccBGSSSE025-AdvDSGS"
"0003","+","Creation Club: ccBGSSSE001-Fish"
"0004","+","DLC: HearthFires"
"0005","+","DLC: Dragonborn"
"0006","+","DLC: Dawnguard"
"0007","+","Official Master Files – Cleaned"
"0008","+","SKSE Scripts"
"0009","+","SKSE64 ini pre-download for lazy users"
"0010","+","Address Library for SKSE Plugins v2.0"
"0011","+","Mfg Fix v1.5.4"
"0012","+","Fuz Ro D-oh - Silent Voice v1.7"
"0013","+","CBPC - Physics with Collisions v1.4.6"
"0014","+","JContainers SE v4.1.13"
"0015","+","Papyrus Extender v4.5.5"
"0016","+","SkyUI v5.2SE"
"0017","+","SkyUI SE - Flashing Savegames Fix"
"0018","+","RaceMenu Special Edition v0.4.16"
"0019","+","FNIS Behavior SE 7_6 XXL"
"0020","+","FNIS Creature Pack SE 7.6"
"0021","+","Animation Limit Crash Fix SSE v0.3-Beta"
"0022","+","BodySlide and Outfit Studio v5.4.2"
"0023","+","Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer -CBBE- v1.6.2"
"0024","+","Fair Skin Complexion for CBBE v10.0"
"0025","+","Schlongs of Skyrim SE v1.1.4"
"0026","+","Tempered Skins for Males - SOS Full Version v2.06"
"0027","+","XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended v4.80"
"0028","+","XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended - Fixed Scripts v1.0"
"0029","+","Alternate Start - Live Another Life - SSE v4.1.4"
"0030","+","Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch v4.2.5b"
"0031","-","Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch v4.2.6a"
"0032","+","SexLab Framework SE v163_BETA9"
"0033","+","Sexlab Ammo Unequip v1.02"
"0034","+","Sexlab LightMeUp SE v2.9.4"
"0035","+","SL Anim Loader SE"
"0036","+","Anub H 7.2021"
"0037","+","Anub C 7.2021"
"0038","+","Anub SLAL 10.2021 SSEv2"
"0039","+","SexLab MatchMaker Rev7"
"0040","+","BodySlide Output"
"0041","+","SKSE Output"
"0042","+","FNIS Output"

44 minutes ago, docark said:

I've got an interesting issue. I have a fresh game install from Steam, added SKSE v2.0.20, ran the BestOfBothWorldsPatcher.exe, installed the required mods for sexlab plus some extras (see mod list below), ran FNIS, cleaned the startup files with SSEEdit and ran Loot to sort. I start the game and create a new game, loading into the Alternate Start where it takes me to character creation right away....but I cannot click Done. Also pressing R does nothing. I just cannot finish creating a character. Am I forgetting to do something?

Reveal hidden contents

#Mod_Priority,#Mod_Status,#Mod_Name
"0000","+","Creation Club: ccQDRSSE001-SurvivalMode"
"0001","+","Creation Club: ccBGSSSE037-Curios"
"0002","+","Creation Club: ccBGSSSE025-AdvDSGS"
"0003","+","Creation Club: ccBGSSSE001-Fish"
"0004","+","DLC: HearthFires"
"0005","+","DLC: Dragonborn"
"0006","+","DLC: Dawnguard"
"0007","+","Official Master Files – Cleaned"
"0008","+","SKSE Scripts"
"0009","+","SKSE64 ini pre-download for lazy users"
"0010","+","Address Library for SKSE Plugins v2.0"
"0011","+","Mfg Fix v1.5.4"
"0012","+","Fuz Ro D-oh - Silent Voice v1.7"
"0013","+","CBPC - Physics with Collisions v1.4.6"
"0014","+","JContainers SE v4.1.13"
"0015","+","Papyrus Extender v4.5.5"
"0016","+","SkyUI v5.2SE"
"0017","+","SkyUI SE - Flashing Savegames Fix"
"0018","+","RaceMenu Special Edition v0.4.16"
"0019","+","FNIS Behavior SE 7_6 XXL"
"0020","+","FNIS Creature Pack SE 7.6"
"0021","+","Animation Limit Crash Fix SSE v0.3-Beta"
"0022","+","BodySlide and Outfit Studio v5.4.2"
"0023","+","Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer -CBBE- v1.6.2"
"0024","+","Fair Skin Complexion for CBBE v10.0"
"0025","+","Schlongs of Skyrim SE v1.1.4"
"0026","+","Tempered Skins for Males - SOS Full Version v2.06"
"0027","+","XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended v4.80"
"0028","+","XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended - Fixed Scripts v1.0"
"0029","+","Alternate Start - Live Another Life - SSE v4.1.4"
"0030","+","Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch v4.2.5b"
"0031","-","Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch v4.2.6a"
"0032","+","SexLab Framework SE v163_BETA9"
"0033","+","Sexlab Ammo Unequip v1.02"
"0034","+","Sexlab LightMeUp SE v2.9.4"
"0035","+","SL Anim Loader SE"
"0036","+","Anub H 7.2021"
"0037","+","Anub C 7.2021"
"0038","+","Anub SLAL 10.2021 SSEv2"
"0039","+","SexLab MatchMaker Rev7"
"0040","+","BodySlide Output"
"0041","+","SKSE Output"
"0042","+","FNIS Output"

You probably missed something in SKSE addons section . if you dont do the full list , be sure to check the needs of each one you do add