Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

@Acornins Ruling out the easy things:

* The 32bit error is fine. Everybody gets it, and the author mentions it on their page. I think it's from Smooth Combat Non-Combat.

* The FNIS_aa.pex's look the same in my overwrite folders, so that's fine.

What is up with your load order? Your plugins seem way out of wack. That could cause big problems. Try deleting your bash patch (If you've got one yet), disabling all your mods, then start at the top and enable them one-by-one, following along with the list as you do to make sure you move plugins when the guide specifies it. ASLAL should be middle of your plugin order and you should have dozens of patches between RoM/AOS and where you are creating overwrites. Posting the relevant portion of mine for reference. Ignore what's scribbled upon, those are my additions to the list and shouldn't be on yours, but the rest should in that order.

Spoiler

Untitled.thumb.png.cad0f5d96bc518831ce00dd22fa905fc.png

@Aylis How long would you say your DynDOLOD runs are taking? Not the whole process, just DynDOLOD itself. Mine seems like it's taking forever. Used to be like an hour, now it's more like 3.

Edited by wollboi
36 minutes ago, wollboi said:

@Acornins Ruling out the easy things:

* The 32bit error is fine. Everybody gets it, and the author mentions it on their page. I think it's from Smooth Combat Non-Combat.

* The FNIS_aa.pex's look the same in my overwrite folders, so that's fine.

What is up with your load order? Your plugins seem way out of wack. That could cause big problems. Try deleting your bash patch (If you've got one yet), disabling all your mods, then start at the top and enable them one-by-one, following along with the list as you do to make sure you move plugins when the guide specifies it. ASLAL should be middle of your plugin order and you should have dozens of patches between RoM/AOS and where you are creating overwrites. Posting the relevant portion of mine for reference. Ignore what's scribbled upon, those are my additions to the list and shouldn't be on yours, but the rest should in that order.

Reveal hidden contents

Untitled.thumb.png.cad0f5d96bc518831ce00dd22fa905fc.png

Aaa...I'll have to look into this later today, DynDOLOD kind of confuses me so I'll watch a video on it...then figure out the bashed part and go by section to see what needs it /what order it needs to be placed.

I might have to go download/figure out what to download again in the foundation section as this is what I have ATM.

Spoiler

ec91f64b049205cbb006eb0ab233ff6a.png

Edited by Acornins
2 hours ago, Nelmas said:

Speaking of load order, maybe you can post a screenshot of yours with all of the list mods? Only to double-check once we're done with the guide.

EDIT: Also, a question. Under Creatures you mention to download HD Alduin - Glowmaps, but there is no such file.

1. Right now i disabled some mods to recheck some animations, plus i don't use all optional mods and then i got mods in there i'm still testing. All that together would confuse more than actually help.

2. Looks like he changed some names. Take a look now as i changed the naming too. 

1 hour ago, Kalthen said:

You don't do a mergepatch before Bashed Patch with xEdit anymore?

I never made a mergepatch before... ?

Never needed to make one

Untitled.jpg.59adda021f54f49a9d0af0a9c059feb6.jpg

57 minutes ago, wollboi said:

How long would you say your DynDOLOD runs are taking? Not the whole process, just DynDOLOD itself. Mine seems like it's taking forever. Used to be like an hour, now it's more like 3.

Three hours sounds about right. Did you deactivate the 'realtime protection' of your AV? That helps a little bit.

Sheson changed how DynDOLOD works and it seems to run in 'blocks' now. As each block restarts the timer it makes keeping a more accurate answer difficult.

Edited by Aylis

Quick question: Now that Jedi Trees is out, how stable is the guide at the moment in terms of the trees?

I currently still have Jedi Trees and have been waiting to replace them. But RL has me busy so I have been patient.

1) Should I just follow Hotfix post #7597 on page 304 as the best source of info to replace the trees?

2) Could there be more tree changes in the near term? Or are we good for now?

Thanks everyone for all the troubleshooting you are doing on all fronts, especially Aylis (Holy Cow, do you EVER sleep? Please take care of yourself)! I am excited to catch up when I get a chance.

And to the relatively new people (and all you "watching from home" who don't yet post):

This can be a frustrating, complex, and time consuming game to mod. You just have to enjoy the process. It is one giant insane puzzle. If we are all patient and courteous with our issues, and do a lot of our own research, and step up to help when we can, we can keep this most unlimited of guides going. And push the envelope ever further.

Again: "PLAY Skyrim?"

15 hours ago, ascendentkunglao said:

Besides my early post about Lucien, I'm really confused as why all of my additional NPCs from Capital Windhelm are having dark face issue?  Any tips on getting to the bottom of it?  I ended up downloading "Face Discoloration Fix" https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/42441, seemed to solve all the issues with the Capital Windhelm NPCs.

Still got to figure out Lucien because I think he's hilarious.

@ascendentkunglaoSo i decided to see if I had this issue as well, since i had not been to Windhelm yet on this playthrough, and I found i had blackfaces on the windhelm bridge vendors.

Did some digging, recheded my entire load order, and found no issue there. I then used the improved console and found that the last touch on the blackface NPCs was being done by the Capital Windhelm HPNPC and KSHair patch. Could not see anything missing or misconfigured in the ESP in sseedit, but nothing looked out of place except some odd blanks in the facepart sections for the NPC i was testing with.

Looking on the site for Capital Windhelm Expansion, i saw there was another patch available that only handled the HPNPC facegen data and did not have the KSHair dependency.. swapped the patches and all the blackfaces got cleaned up.

TLDR.. had blackface bug with Capital Windhelm HPNPC and KSHair Patch, replaced it with the HPNPC Patch (made by Mycenia and does not rely on KShairs.). I know @Aylishas not seen this issue, so not sure if its luck or what for us, but figured that swapping the patch would be better than adding the face discoloration fix as an additional mod.

as always, ymmv :)

**update**

Interesting.. the HPNPC patch uses the same esp name as the Capital Windhelm HPNPC and KC Hair patch, so it looks like it was a 'cleaned' version to remove the kchair dependency.

Edited by kesryth

@trgdolors

A. Very stable

1. Most condensed one, but yes (as usual check post #1 too).

2. A. No

B. Yes 

B. You don't want to know. Only so much: i can't sleep well if i know something isn't working properly.

@kesryth

I'll exchange the patch. And you're right. The mentioned mod only hides the problem, but it doesn't fix it.

@rodrigo2

Encountered no problems with it.

Next update will be the (now two) patches and some minor visual updates that can be just dropped in.

No need to rerun DynDOLOD or create a new bashed patch. The to be removed mods are safe and don't need to be cleaned from a savegame. Just ignore the warning when you load the game.

Edited by Aylis

Hello,

I found that I had to disable Aldamar - Druid Mushroom Home as a mod for DYNDOLOD to process. Everything runs fine though and I can confirm Windows Defender's Real Time Protection messes with the process despite the exclusions. 

Edited by Spoolooni
5 hours ago, Acornins said:

Decided to completely scrap my mods on MO2 and go through the list again to make sure I'm doing it right. Luckily, I have no life and this is easier to do xD. 

only reason to scrap an entire LO is there were so many changes and updates that you would be installing the exact same files anyway, an easier method is one @wollboi suggested is turn them all off, right click each mod and send to bottom, go though entire list and just uninstall mods not on list, or skip them, when done you can highligh all of the mods you skipped and sent to bottom, make a separator (mine is called dead mods) turn all of your "good mods" on one by one, when you get to the bottom, if you still have a warning in the corner, see what is saying it is missing it's master. (if it is bashed ignore it for a second) fix the rest, then open up wryebash and update the wryebash esp to current load order. will save you a few hours at least.

5 hours ago, Acornins said:

Alright, it's not very hard once you do it a few times.

Spoiler

image.png.655bf2d94efa590c822a5fbfff43ba58.png

i'm just turning them off, you should just turn them off as well. make sure fores is checked on, and nemesis is OFF

Spoiler

image.png.3d77359a7d9944733c1b5ecc87baba80.png

then run FNIS

Spoiler

image.png.8e94a3a1a6158243b1871580d9ffe864.png

(i have a lot more animations than the current list shows) 

Spoiler

image.png.fead4824d752c2c9a4898c4c78523ca6.png

switch the FNIS and Nemesis programs off/on status ( i did it before adding the FNIS to my shut off FNIS Output mod that was created) just to go to the bottom of the mod list for the rest of the guide.

Spoiler

image.png.2150ccf355de2aeaa8a2e531d367592b.png

turn on the FNIS output (and the nemesis output if it says it cannot find the output file)

Spoiler

image.png.09fa7922fe196d8596eec508319775a8.png

Run nemesis until you get the behavior generation complete (xxx) seconds taken. (mine crashed 3 times just doing this guide)

Just exit nemesis when you are done. Now it's all updated. don't turn fores back on. 

9 hours ago, trgdolors said:

Quick question: Now that Jedi Trees is out, how stable is the guide at the moment in terms of the trees?

I currently still have Jedi Trees and have been waiting to replace them. But RL has me busy so I have been patient.

1) Should I just follow Hotfix post #7597 on page 304 as the best source of info to replace the trees?

2) Could there be more tree changes in the near term? Or are we good for now?

Thanks everyone for all the troubleshooting you are doing on all fronts, especially Aylis (Holy Cow, do you EVER sleep? Please take care of yourself)! I am excited to catch up when I get a chance.

And to the relatively new people (and all you "watching from home" who don't yet post):

This can be a frustrating, complex, and time consuming game to mod. You just have to enjoy the process. It is one giant insane puzzle. If we are all patient and courteous with our issues, and do a lot of our own research, and step up to help when we can, we can keep this most unlimited of guides going. And push the envelope ever further.

Again: "PLAY Skyrim?"

i play alot of skyrim.. 

i did not say for fun.. 

just that i play alot.

Probably because i don't update my mod to the newest and bestest each time. I'll skip a few iterations since most of the changes are going to be texture related and not game engine changes.  And if it's not completely unplayable why update when mine looks almost as good and might be better in one of two areas compared to the list because an effect from a no longer listed mod is better than the current mod. 

Keeping a good list going is important, but knowing all of the minutia of each mod and how they interact isn't something i can keep up with. such as jedi trees. i'm still using the trees from before the nexus exodus. 

1 hour ago, rodrigo2 said:

What are the benefits of the Baka version of SexLab Aroused Redux & the Baka version of Defeat?

the old versions were just that, old. The Baka editions run a little better, less script lag. But do be mindful of the npc v npc scripts are not working very well.

What are the benefits of the Baka version of SexLab Aroused Redux & the Baka version of Defeat?

Baka adds more #keywords that get used by other mods down the line to apply stuff. If you don't need it use the regular versions and enjoy not having more strain on performance.

21 minutes ago, jaeos said:

the old versions were just that, old. The Baka editions run a little better, less script lag. But do be mindful of the npc v npc scripts are not working very well.

Hmmm....I like the NPC vs NPC feature!  Is Baka better or worse in this regard?

Thanks for the heads up!  NPC vs NPC is rare enough as it is!  (Perhaps it should be a separate mod entirely?)

All the combat defeat solutions are more or less a hot mess, there are at least half a dozen mods that offer some kind of it and a couple more abandoned ones where people thought they could do it better and ended up running away clawing their eyes out.

Here is my take on it. If you want combat defeat to be a thing in your playthrough you better have a premium* system to run it on. No matter how you slice it any mod dealing with that kind of stuff will put a huge strain on the engine and you really don't want to end up having to wait a couple minutes each time before the after combat scenarios even begin to play out not to mention how awkward it looks if some actors port around to catch up with other actors that have started to walk around again because it took too long.

And regarding Sexlab Arousal, I prefer the dll solution which worked out fine during my last run once I figured out the arousal maxes to 100 in seconds user error.

*premium system as in 9900k / 5900x 32gb ram and better

Small issue I'm having with DynDOLOD as I'm really confused where I'm suppose to put the main folder with the texture generator, etc. The Document it comes with says this > the sub folders 'Docs' and 'Edit Scripts' with all their content into a new 'DynDOLOD' folder outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', the SteamApps or game folders and Mod Organizers virtual file structure. Do not mix with old versions or xEdit/xLODGen installation.<

So...where exactly do I put the folder? I did try to run the texture generator but get a error.

Spoiler

9b1a821b14249dbf0b1f8309b48b68bc.png

4 hours ago, alaunus01 said:

All the combat defeat solutions are more or less a hot mess, there are at least half a dozen mods that offer some kind of it and a couple more abandoned ones where people thought they could do it better and ended up running away clawing their eyes out.

Here is my take on it. If you want combat defeat to be a thing in your playthrough you better have a premium* system to run it on. No matter how you slice it any mod dealing with that kind of stuff will put a huge strain on the engine and you really don't want to end up having to wait a couple minutes each time before the after combat scenarios even begin to play out not to mention how awkward it looks if some actors port around to catch up with other actors that have started to walk around again because it took too long.

And regarding Sexlab Arousal, I prefer the dll solution which worked out fine during my last run once I figured out the arousal maxes to 100 in seconds user error.

*premium system as in 9900k / 5900x 32gb ram and better

yeah, i'm running a 3900x with 2 2070 supers and have the script lag issue on the first time. repeated scenes have almost zero lag even after running to the other side of the map, so it may be a initialization of scripts lag

12 minutes ago, Acornins said:

Small issue I'm having with DynDOLOD as I'm really confused where I'm suppose to put the main folder with the texture generator, etc. The Document it comes with says this > the sub folders 'Docs' and 'Edit Scripts' with all their content into a new 'DynDOLOD' folder outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', the SteamApps or game folders and Mod Organizers virtual file structure. Do not mix with old versions or xEdit/xLODGen installation.<

So...where exactly do I put the folder? I did try to run the texture generator but get a error.

Hide contents

9b1a821b14249dbf0b1f8309b48b68bc.png

ok. you're showing and asking about 2 problems (potentially) one is where does dyndolod go? mine is inside the main MO2 folder. D:/MO2/DyndoLod

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.52c59f7bdd15ee12c3a12c1bfcc5a7f6.png

the screenshot tells me you didn't do a few things. 

in the top right run the "steam" launcher for the game. (the one that pops up for settings.) just choose low or medium on the graphics (it will have no effect if you replaced all of the textures in MO2)

Spoiler

image.png.de6e4180f94de52bdbf9b9c599a1daed.png

launch the game through that launcher, everyone suggests getting through the carriage scene, i've never had a problem just getting to the main menu then exiting.

then re-run dyndolod

Edited by jaeos
37 minutes ago, jaeos said:

ok. you're showing and asking about 2 problems (potentially) one is where does dyndolod go? mine is inside the main MO2 folder. D:/MO2/DyndoLod

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.52c59f7bdd15ee12c3a12c1bfcc5a7f6.png

the screenshot tells me you didn't do a few things. 

in the top right run the "steam" launcher for the game. (the one that pops up for settings.) just choose low or medium on the graphics (it will have no effect if you replaced all of the textures in MO2)

Hide contents

image.png.de6e4180f94de52bdbf9b9c599a1daed.png

launch the game through that launcher, everyone suggests getting through the carriage scene, i've never had a problem just getting to the main menu then exiting.

then re-run dyndolod

Didn't seem to work, still having the issue.

Spoiler

6100d556d6428ded60b8f63b557cb289.png

That is what happens when I click on the button and texgen pops up.

Edit - ok I have to figure out where I edit to put SSE. I derped and realized. Configuration files and settings use the game mode as identifier. It is TES5 for Skyrim, SSE for both Skyrim Special Edition and Skyrim VR, ENDERAL for any Enderal version.

Edit x2 - Ok I got it to work! I could of swore I thought I had put in the command in so I put in -SSE and it worked.

Edited by Acornins