Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

11 minutes ago, jaeos said:

i use it, i don't use the fancy chain attacks mods though, so ymmv, but i've used wildcat for awhile with no issues with ordinator or lupine(werewolf perks overhaul) so you are "probably" safe to add it. ?

I see that sounds great, care to share a screenshot of your Left Panel of the override section with all the mods that you are using? That would be very neat! 

12 hours ago, kesryth said:

Anyone ever seen the Hall of the Vigilant "blue"... looks like maybe a missing texture on the mesh, but so far i have been unable to identify why it is happening.. very weird. The edges of the roof look normal, just the exterior walls and porch are blue

Figured it out, had something corrupted in my dyn setup, so a reinstall and a rerun and it works.
And since i couldn't sleep due to a work call at 3am, I got annoyed with turning off zaz, so just went in and fixed the missing meshes for candles and palacecage, as well as the invalid reference in zaz ESM.. now Dyn3 seems happy with it.

yay for no sleep

3 hours ago, Aylis said:

@Nelmas

It's more being basically a game engine from 2002 with so many additions patched on that it got 'a few' problems. Plus Bethesda is known to be somewhat sloppy with their programming. There's a reason many call them 'Bugthesda'.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of the old bugs return with Skyrim AE...

3 hours ago, jaeos said:

possible, your chip is 6 years old, your card is 3-ish years old (technology wise) and you might not be GPU bottling, you might be CPU throttling instead. Have you looked at any benchmarks for your setup to tweak it?

Are we still talking about the same thing? I was mentioning how JK's Skyrim is causing massive fps drops for me and how when I disable it, it runs fine.

47 minutes ago, Nelmas said:

Are we still talking about the same thing? I was mentioning how JK's Skyrim is causing massive fps drops for me and how when I disable it, it runs fine.

I might want to do that test myself.  I am getting low FPS.  I'd like to keep it but if it causes a massive hit on slower hardware it might be better for me to drop it.    Do you have a good idea about what specifically is causing the problem?  If its textures taking up too much VRAM and/or GPU processing I might try reducing the textures with Cathedral, and see it that helps.  I'll probably go ahead and do that before considering whether to pull the mod.

Went ahead and downsized/optimized/compressed but JK's Skyrim doesn't have a lot of textures.  I think it applies existing textures a lot, so I'm not sure how much reducing its own smaller set of texture's is going to help.   I did the same for "Other" for Skyriim 2020, and I'll probably do the same for Skyrim 2020 Architecture, and Skyrim 2018 (even though it largely gets overwritten).  Maybe that will be enough.

Edited by axz2
16 minutes ago, axz2 said:

I might want to do that test myself.  I am getting low FPS.  I'd like to keep it but if it causes a massive hit on slower hardware it might be better for me to drop it.    Do you have a good idea about what specifically is causing the problem?  If its textures taking up too much VRAM and/or GPU processing I might try reducing the textures with Cathedral, and see it that helps.  I'll probably go ahead and do that before considering whether to pull the mod.

I have no idea and would like to know as well. Maybe you won't get any issues with it at all, and it's just my system. Let us know how your testing goes.

Edited by Nelmas

@axz2 Pretty much all of those. EmbersXD used to be a big culprit, but it's a lot better now. Rudy ENB will always slow your framerate. I recommend turning off AO and FOV in its menu. That'll get you 4-6 FPS and I think it looks better with it off.

@Nelmas I've never used an AMD, but I wouldn't think so. Whiterun is notorious for its framerate drop. Riften is worse. I don't think anything can change that. And like Aylis says, Skyrim is horribly optimized. My rig will run Doom Eternal in 4K at 120fps rock solid. A ten year old game with dragons? Happy when I get 60.

@kackhaufen213 I use Wildcat, Ultimate Combat, and am trying EEOS and used to use another boss combat enhancer (can't remember which). I've had no trouble with the list. Just put them in Override, make sure to check the Requirements for any patches, and rerun a lot of stuff: patch comendiums, FNIS/Nemesis (with the options toggled), etc. etc. I turned off SkySA. I really don't like it.

@kesryth Mine is blue too. I'm still looking into why.

General observations - DynDOLOD 3 is ten times as finicky as its predecessor and it's very annoying ... but it always knows what it's talking about and the new error help pages are fantastic. It's also taking a lot longer.

Edited by wollboi

@wollboi AO and FOV?  Not sure what AO is.  FOV is how wide of view you get, you can't turn that off only change it to something else?  I'll probably go ahead and disable DOF.

At this point I'm trying to avoid dumping the ENB.  Its foundational to this load order.   Dump it and I'm not using this load order with a few changes, but more using it as advice for my own load order.  Dropping JK's is another option but maybe reducing its textures and Skyrim 2020s and 2018s will do the trick without looking to bad.  I've already dropped a specific texture mod, a sexlab mod or two, Storm Lightning, and Dirt and Blood. 

33 minutes ago, wollboi said:

@axz2 Pretty much all of those. EmbersXD used to be a big culprit, but it's a lot better now. Rudy ENB will always slow your framerate. I recommend turning off AO and FOV in its menu. That'll get you 4-6 FPS and I think it looks better with it off.

@Nelmas I've never used an AMD, but I wouldn't think so. Whiterun is notorious for its framerate drop. Riften is worse. I don't think anything can change that. And like Aylis says, Skyrim is horribly optimized. My rig will run Doom Eternal in 4K at 120fps rock solid. A ten year old game with dragons? Happy when I get 60.

@kackhaufen213 I use Wildcat, Ultimate Combat, and am trying EEOS and used to use another boss combat enhancer (can't remember which). I've had no trouble with the list. Just put them in Override, make sure to check the Requirements for any patches, and rerun a lot of stuff: patch comendiums, FNIS/Nemesis (with the options toggled), etc. etc. I turned off SkySA. I really don't like it.

@kesryth Mine is blue too. I'm still looking into why.

General observations - DynDOLOD 3 is ten times as finicky as its predecessor and it's very annoying ... but it always knows what it's talking about and the new error help pages are fantastic. It's also taking a lot longer.

Problem for me appeared to be something with Dyn. As soon as I disabled it and relaunched it looked normal. Put dyn back in.. blue. Doing a complete rebuild of LOD,Tex and Dyn seems to have fixed it.
My wife's system is doing the same thing, so working on trying to see what the cause may be. Will let you know what i find

Edited by kesryth
36 minutes ago, axz2 said:

@wollboi AO and FOV?  Not sure what AO is.  FOV is how wide of view you get, you can't turn that off only change it to something else?  I'll probably go ahead and disable DOF.

At this point I'm trying to avoid dumping the ENB.  Its foundational to this load order.   Dump it and I'm not using this load order with a few changes, but more using it as advice for my own load order.  Dropping JK's is another option but maybe reducing its textures and Skyrim 2020s and 2018s will do the trick without looking to bad.  I've already dropped a specific texture mod, a sexlab mod or two, Storm Lightning, and Dirt and Blood. 

Ambient Occlusion (AO). ENB has it's own version of it, so either disable that in ENB (Shift+Enter) or disable it in vanilla. Having both enabled might cause problems. Also, he meant DoF not FOV. Turning DoF might yield a few extra frames. Take a look at ReShade as well (if you have one), turn a few options off.

Edited by Nelmas

@wollboi for reference the Hall of the Vigilant, according to ssedit, uses the farminn01snow.nif, so i have been digging through my Dyn logs to see where they gets referenced and what textures might be at fault.

So far the Dyn log (Dyndolod_sse_object_report) looks like Better Dynamic Snow is changing out the mesh and textures if i am reading it right. Going to do some nif exploring on its mesh and see if something is off there

FarmInn01Snow [STAT:0009307D] Meshes\better dynamic snow\snowy farmhouses\bdsfarminn01snow.nif using textures\architecture\farmhouse\stonewall01.dds, textures\architecture\farmhouse\stonewall01_n.dds, textures\architecture\farmhouse\thatch02.dds, textures\architecture\farmhouse\thatch02_n.dds, textures\architecture\farmhouse\woodpost02.dds, textures\architecture\farmhouse\woodpost02_n.dds, textures\architecture\farmhouse\woodwall01.dds, textures\architecture\farmhouse\woodwall01_n.dds, textures\architecture\farmhouse\farmhouse01.dds, textures\architecture\farmhouse\farmhouse01_n.dds, textures\architecture\farmhouse\farmwindowinterior01.dds, textures\architecture\farmhouse\farmwindowinterior01_n.dds, textures\architecture\farmhouse\farmwindowinterior01_m.dds, textures\architecture\farmhouse\woodwalkway01.dds, textures\architecture\farmhouse\woodwalkway01_n.dds, textures\architecture\farmhouse\rope01.dds, textures\architecture\farmhouse\rope01_n.dds, textures\architecture\farmhouse\thatch03.dds, textures\architecture\farmhouse\thatch03_n.dds, textures\landscape\snow01.dds
    Level0: meshes\lod\bdsfarminn01snow_lod.nif using textures\lod\bds_farmhousesnowlod.dds, textures\lod\farmhouselod01_n.dds
    Level1: meshes\lod\bdsfarminn01snow_lod.nif using textures\lod\bds_farmhousesnowlod.dds, textures\lod\farmhouselod01_n.dds
    Level0: meshes\lod\bdsfarminn01snowglow_lod_1.nif using textures\architecture\farmhouse\farmwindowinterior01.dds, textures\architecture\farmhouse\farmwindowinterior01_n.dds, textures\architecture\farmhouse\farmwindowinterior01_m.dds
    Level1: meshes\lod\bdsfarminn01snowglow_lod_1.nif using textures\architecture\farmhouse\farmwindowinterior01.dds, textures\architecture\farmhouse\farmwindowinterior01_n.dds, textures\architecture\farmhouse\farmwindowinterior01_m.dds
    Dynamic: meshes\lod\bdsfarminn01snow_lod.nif using textures\lod\bds_farmhousesnowlod.dds, textures\lod\farmhouselod01_n.dds

**update**

so looks like BDS keeps the same nif as vanilla (architecture\farmhouse\inn01.nif), but the BDS-Farmhouses.esp updates the nif to use the farminn01snow.nif. Thinking that new nif is the source of the issue, perhaps a bad texture ref...

Edited by kesryth

Hi, maybe it's a silly question, but I'm not that good with modding. I have followed your instructions step by step and everything seems to be working fine, except for the fact that some textures are blue. I know it means that some textures are broken or missing, but I don't know what to do with that. I have tried some tutorials, but don't understand how xEdit or NIFScope can help me. I wouldn't care if it wasn't for the fact that the most common armors are affected like fur, hide, iron or studded. I found the textures in xEdit and they are all green, what is the next step? Could someone explain to me what to do or point me to some tutorial? I have skipped caching grass and xLOD/DynDOLOD, because I was eager to play, could that be the reason?

1 hour ago, maven2137 said:

Hi, maybe it's a silly question, but I'm not that good with modding. I have followed your instructions step by step and everything seems to be working fine, except for the fact that some textures are blue. I know it means that some textures are broken or missing, but I don't know what to do with that. I have tried some tutorials, but don't understand how xEdit or NIFScope can help me. I wouldn't care if it wasn't for the fact that the most common armors are affected like fur, hide, iron or studded. I found the textures in xEdit and they are all green, what is the next step? Could someone explain to me what to do or point me to some tutorial? I have skipped caching grass and xLOD/DynDOLOD, because I was eager to play, could that be the reason?

Welcome to the club. I've been getting this all across, but at this point I've given up asking for help.

Spoiler

ScreenShot2.jpg.40980cd7ed29b588be231f7269cf7e81.jpg

Edited by Nelmas
5 hours ago, Nelmas said:

Yes, as you seem to forget the second part of your post.

A small reminder:

10 hours ago, Nelmas said:

Could it be because I'm running an AMD? AMD is known to be...problematic.

For your info: I'm running a complete AMD setup here and have no issues.

Before i forget it: bigger pictures belong into spoilers!

@maven2137

Fur, iron, hide and studded point at 'Simply Realistic Armor'. But which armors? Male or female ones? Or both? 

Edited by Aylis

I'm reinstalling Dyndolod resources.  Any recommendations on the options I should check.   One I'm trying to avoid is "Low-Res LOD Textures".  Although I might have to go with that option.  "Holy Cow" seems a bit silly.  But the rest seem to make sense, except maybe some of the options may reduce performance and also it might not make sense to select "High Rothgar Window Glow" if your using DynDolod FX Glow Disabler

This reinstall was to make sure I had the up to date verson.  Re downloaded and reinstalled but still getting the same error.

Edited by axz2
2 hours ago, maven2137 said:

When it comes to missing textures, your first job is to figure out what, exactly, is missing. In your case it sounds like common armors and, in this build, they are mostly supposed to get their meshes and textures from SRA - Simply Realistic Armor (Replacer).  So what you could do is, go to that mod in the left pane, make sure it's properly installed and look at any conflicts/overwrites it may be having.  It's also very useful to keep a close eye on the Data tab, over in the right pane.  This tab opens up a folder\file tree view of every file just as the Game sees them.  For instance, if you drill down through Data\textures\armor_replacer\Fur you'll see all the banditf(ur).dds textures associated with fur armor listed together with whatever mod is providing the file.  In this case it should be SRA.  If it isn't (and it won't be in your case), you then have to figure out where you went wrong and fix it.

1 hour ago, Nelmas said:

Welcome to the club. I've been getting this all across, but at this point I've given up asking for help.

Reveal hidden contents

I can't say I recognize this armor or the odd texture, but the advice above holds for you as well.  To find out more about the armor, try going into the console and clicking around on the npc and see what you can find out.  (Are you using More Informative Console?)  Then hunt it down in MO.  Sorry can't give you much more than that.

2 hours ago, maven2137 said:

That is actually what @kesryth is looking into right now, several people have mentioned missing textures, some are missing from forts (me) to missing farm textures (kesryth and wollboi) if all of the problems point to one mod, then it's going to be an install error for that mod as aylis doesn't have that issue and her system is a few years old. 

@Nelmas guess not. 

And in my case it is literally only the hall of the vigilant having an issue, all the other farmhouses appear to be ok that i have checked. So its really weird.
currently i am looking into whether it is related to parallax issues, texture issues, or mesh configuration in relation to assigned shaders or textures..

no rest for the weary :)

8 hours ago, kackhaufen213 said:

I see that sounds great, care to share a screenshot of your Left Panel of the override section with all the mods that you are using? That would be very neat! 

Spoiler

image.png.555ace32077fead0c6b4d606ac77bd5b.png

image.png.cd2e11246a40573e36347e7f0fa37e05.png

image.png.af5c8391ea6d0fcc75f29f058b78ad5d.png

it took 3 screenshot to get the entire overite section of mine in if you don't have the mod, skip it. i went back to LAL rather than skyrim unbound simply because i like the preload of the char before i decide what race i am.

28 minutes ago, kesryth said:

I'm on it too.

Its really strange. It should use afaik the normal farmhouse textures (and those are fine). As soon as i disable 'DynDOLOD Output' it works as it should, 'Texture Output' seems to be fine too (i just checked)...

Digging through more files.

Textures seem to be OK. Checking shaders now...

Edited by Aylis
2 hours ago, Nelmas said:

Hide contents

Did you install Rustic Clothing?

I ask because I had the same issue a while back with that tunic.

When I installed RC, it was fixed.

I'm thinking it is a problem with one of the parallax texture packs.

Edited by bandygirl1
24 minutes ago, kesryth said:

And in my case it is literally only the hall of the vigilant having an issue, all the other farmhouses appear to be ok that i have checked. So its really weird.
currently i am looking into whether it is related to parallax issues, texture issues, or mesh configuration in relation to assigned shaders or textures..

I have fixed my issue, and it appears to have been an issue with textures being applied by various mods, dyndolod and BDS. Not sure why/how this occurred, but this is my before:

Spoiler

89089043_SkyrimSE2021-10-0722-45-53.png.8dbb70fac2863fbb0a67dfac07a2fe76.png

After digging around in dyn logs and using the More Informative Console to get better info in game, it looks like there were several mods changing the snow materials being applied to various items. I ran the Better Dynamic Snow Patcher xEdit (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/33278 ) script , which was suggested in the BDS posts, and after completing the Dyndolod run as per the suggested instructions in the posts for the patcher (to ensure changes were carried through dyn) and now i have this:

Spoiler

1421522819_SkyrimSE2021-10-0817-21-00.png.767fd26ad4373a03ce75f9710d3bc632.png

So for me the issue is resolved, and i have not seen issues elsewhere, but of course ymmv.

2 hours ago, axz2 said:

I'm reinstalling Dyndolod resources.  Any recommendations on the options I should check.   One I'm trying to avoid is "Low-Res LOD Textures".  Although I might have to go with that option.  "Holy Cow" seems a bit silly.  But the rest seem to make sense, except maybe some of the options may reduce performance and also it might not make sense to select "High Rothgar Window Glow" if your using DynDolod FX Glow Disabler

This reinstall was to make sure I had the up to date verson.  Re downloaded and reinstalled but still getting the same error.

Someone shame me if I'm wrong here, but I'm willing to bet that "High Hrothgar Window Glow" and Glow Disabler are referring to two slightly different things.  The window glow is, I think, just enabling distant viewing of lighted windows from High Hrothgar.  I think the DynDOLOD FX Glow is an 'atmospheric' glow that surrounds distant light sources.  Sort of like lights seen through a mist.

Edited by Temphyx