Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

@Aylis Btw: I know for most people out there Odin Patches its self explanatory , but i would still add the "Page: Option" thingy under it, because for some reason that patch DOES NOT check for what mods you have installed, you have to manually tick them.

(Btw, i choose: 1: MLU - 2: AOS + ISC- 3: YOT + ISC) 

Also: Capital Windhelm Expansion - EMBERS XD Patch the one we need is "Capital Windhelm - Embers XD ESP-FE Patch for 2.2.3 and later" right? Because the other EmberXD file gives a missing master alert when installed.  
_________

No matter what, does ESM files ALWAYS go up in the load order?  You mention this in fertility mode (?Don't forget to move the ESM up.) and im not sure if you mean that ESM in general go up in the list or that this one goes up.
In general the SyncPlugins tool always does it for me but now that i check it does it only for the EsmNamedLikeThis.esm normal esm plugins not in Bold and italic dont get auto sorted.

TDLR: Do i need to push up any .esm plugin when they are not in bold and italic? And in what order? (i guess this last is just in the same as they are installed) 
Im sorry if all of this is pretty obvious, im dense af

Edited by Jessica_Degurechaff
12 hours ago, Aylis said:

@asebw

Yep, someone already posted the comment from the guys who make SKSE. And it is even worse than i feared... It will be weeks, if not months, 'til everything works again. And some mods might get lost forever as the OA arn't active anymore.[...]

Players: "Oh no! Nexus disrupted the whole modding scene with their expletive changes!"

Bethesda: "Hold my beer."

6 hours ago, Apollonir said:

I'm crashing whenever I start a game, as soon as the racemenu starts to open up and before a player model loads. I'm still pretty new to Skyrim modding, so could someone explain to me what I can do to find out what's causing this? Or does anyone already happen to have an idea what could be causing a crash there?

Crash upon load most of the times boils down to one of the following things: Wrong loadorder (plugins not sorted 'correctly'), missing masters (one mod you installed is missing one ore more of it requirements), or the good old mod installs a bunch of plugins and leaves it to the user to activate the correct one.

Anyway, in case I haven't already suggested that to you, you might not want to start with this guide if you are new to skyrim modding. This one from @Just Don't goes through all the basic steps in much more detail. Once you have grasp on how to use the different tools you can come back here and be amazed. Unless you wait until after the anniversary edition releases ?

5 hours ago, alaunus01 said:

Players: "Oh no! Nexus disrupted the whole modding scene with their expletive changes!"

Bethesda: "Hold my beer."

It's starting to seem like every AAA company is doing the route of the fast and furious movies. Lets do the same shit over and over, because people are stupid and will buy it because cars and explosions..

@Apollonir CTD before the splash screen is a missing master when the game is loading all of the mods. CTD at splash screen is "usually" animation count or load error. Did you follow "pretty much" everyones advice and run LOOT (other than this mod list)? Thats a big no-no on this list. But i agree with @alaunus01in that using just don'ts guide to grab a basic understanding of what you are doing along with videos from gamers poets on youtube for installing executables and dyndolod etc 

Edited by jaeos

Mans, it feels terrible when Beth breaks the modding community again with AE. Worse, AE doesn't seems to add anything significant like LE to SE.

Btw, I having problem with animation. Not game breaking but annoying nonetheless. So everytime I start game and load save, my PC get T pose for a minute then animation becomes normal again. Any idea what could cause it.

Feel like heavy scripting but I'm not so sure.

21 minutes ago, akadeadpool said:

Mans, it feels terrible when Beth breaks the modding community again with AE. Worse, AE doesn't seems to add anything significant like LE to SE.

Btw, I having problem with animation. Not game breaking but annoying nonetheless. So everytime I start game and load save, my PC get T pose for a minute then animation becomes normal again. Any idea what could cause it.

Feel like heavy scripting but I'm not so sure.

That would be Dynamic Animation Replacer (DAR) taking its time until it's fully initiated. AFAIK nothing you can do about that other than wait. Maybe reducing the amount of animations DAR has to handle.

I learnt to simply ignore it. Or load my save and grab a drink or something.

1 hour ago, akadeadpool said:

[...]

If AE is going to be the last hooray for creation club before they take it to the porch and shoot it at least one good thing will come of it.

Could be worse, you could be stuck in hardware supply limbo. I was desperate enough to try F5ing me a 6600 yesterday. At ~300€ MSRP I thought if I get lucky I can snag one for 400€. Boy was I wrong.

5 hours ago, alaunus01 said:

If AE is going to be the last hooray for creation club before they take it to the porch and shoot it at least one good thing will come of it.

Could be worse, you could be stuck in hardware supply limbo. I was desperate enough to try F5ing me a 6600 yesterday. At ~300€ MSRP I thought if I get lucky I can snag one for 400€. Boy was I wrong.

Wait im out of the loop, whats AE? They are updating Skyrim Special Edition? after all this time?

@wollboi My man, do you know if does ESM files ALWAYS go up in the load order? In general the SyncPlugins tool always does it for me but now that i check it does it only for the EsmNamedLikeThis.esm normal esm plugins not in Bold and italic dont get auto sorted.

TDLR: Do i need to push up any .esm plugin when they are not in bold and italic? And in what order? (i guess this last is just in the same as they are installed) 
Im sorry if all of this is pretty obvious, im dense af

6 hours ago, alaunus01 said:

so how much did it hurt? unless you are sitting at home hitting f5 on newegg, amazon, possibly tiger direct you are not getting a new gen gpu anywhere near msrp not even the same town 

1 hour ago, jaeos said:

so how much did it hurt? unless you are sitting at home hitting f5 on newegg, amazon, possibly tiger direct you are not getting a new gen gpu anywhere near msrp not even the same town 

What i did to get my 3070 was sit in a distributor website (not the same as a direct seller), put a movie and hit F15 until there was a single spot to reserve one. Did this for like 1 week, until i got one a monday at 3AM.. because i did this at the start of the whole poor supply fiasco i got it near the original price, what i cant find for the love of anything holy is a CPU, anything better than the one i have at least

Btw, could you help me with the ESM thing tha ti asked above? is the only thing left on my actual build.

Edited by Jessica_Degurechaff

@Apollonir If I understand your problem, you are crashing in racemenu whenever you start a new game.  I agree w/ @alaunus01 where he suspects load order.  This and other problems can be cleared up by:

First, making sure the order of your left pane modlist matches the listings on page 1 of Aylis' Guide. 

Second, run Sync Plugins to make most of the right pane plugins match the left pane order.

Two caveats:

1} Masters are introduced by mods all up and down the left pane.  Properly sorted, they fall into two groups.  Each group must independently follow the install order.  ( @Jessica_Degurechaff  )

The first (top) group is all the boldface  masters.  They must all sit together, in the correct order at the top of the right pane load order.

The second group of masters sits right below the boldface .esm's and consists of unbolded .esm's,  .esl's, and master flagged .esp's. 

This group of mod masters also comes from mods all over the left pane and should also be in the same order as they were installed.

Finally, the third group, the long list of .esp's and espfe's that make up the bulk of your load order needs to have its order independently matched with the installation order.

2) Sync Plugins is great, it does most of the work (assuming your left pane order is correct), but it doesn't get everything right.  Once you think everything is installed, ordered and sorted, you can start a trial run of Wrye Bash for your Bashed Patch.  If Wrye gives you any warnings about Masters (ie. Delinquent Masters), make a note or screenshot so you can close out and move them around in your Load Order.

Here's an example of a list I use to correct delinquent masters after running Sync Plugins.  Ignore any mods you don't use and note that the Priority numbers are purely relative!  I'm running a number of mods not in the list.  Hope this helps,

Delinquent Masters Order.txt

Edited by Temphyx

@Apollonir I don't totally agree with @Temphyxor @alaunus01 since you are actually getting to the main screen, and able to start a game. The crash is happening when you first enter the room? for Skyrim unbound i believe you need to open the mod menu and select all of your options before a rendered person is shown (with armor) At that point all of your mods have loaded.. except the racemenu mods, Apachi skyhair, ks hairdos etc. (most of the PC section actually) start there and disable ks hairdos and any mods that require it as a master. try to enter the game, if it still crashes at the same point, keep shutting off mods until you get to the actual "creation" of the char. (i do 5 at a time just to make the process quicker) 

Or (if you have old save games) load an old save. does it crash when you enter that save? if not, type ` (console opens) showracemenu does it crash at that point? IF it does, it is racemenu related, if not, then it's load order related. (if i make sense.)

I hate to say it but you will need to do some de-bugging to find your miscreant mod. 

38 minutes ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

What i did to get my 3070 was sit in a distributor website (not the same as a direct seller), put a movie and hit F15 until there was a single spot to reserve one. Did this for like 1 week, until i got one a monday at 3AM.. because i did this at the start of the whole poor supply fiasco i got it near the original price, what i cant find for the love of anything saint now is a CPU.]

Btw, could you help me with the ESM thing tha ti asked above? is the only thing left on my actual build.

what cpu are you looking for?

1 hour ago, jaeos said:

Didn't hurt a bit, Them starting at 500€ ~1.5x MSRP and quickly rising to almost 600€ cured me of any desire to trigger that buy button. I'll try again later for the 3060 super, ?

12 minutes ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

What i did to get my 3070 was sit in a distributor website (not the same as a direct seller), put a movie and hit F15 until there was a single spot to reserve one. Did this for like 1 week, until i got one a monday at 3AM.. because i did this at the start of the whole poor supply fiasco i got it near the original price, what i cant find for the love of anything saint now is a CPU.

Weird, in my region ryzen 5000s have been available for months now, fairly stable pricing too. only the 5600x has been creeping higher lately but that would be a stupid buy for a new system anyway. Team blue on the other hand is all over the place. Oh well, if you still are looking for a new CPU you can guinea pig erm early adopt raptor lake next month! I hear windows 11 is awesome too! ?

5 minutes ago, alaunus01 said:

Didn't hurt a bit, Them starting at 500€ ~1.5x MSRP and quickly rising to almost 600€ cured me of any desire to trigger that buy button. I'll try again later for the 3060 super, ?

Weird, in my region ryzen 5000s have been available for months now, fairly stable pricing too. only the 5600x has been creeping higher lately but that would be a stupid buy for a new system anyway. Team blue on the other hand is all over the place. Oh well, if you still are looking for a new CPU you can guinea pig erm early adopt raptor lake next month! I hear windows 11 is awesome too! ?

Yeah team red is pretty consistent now, a friend of mine bought the 5950x for 1100 usd just after they came out and now they are about 800 usd on newegg.

Edited by jaeos
36 minutes ago, Largelarry420 said:

Does anyone know how to fix the water flow resetting?? Like it's not a continuous flow it just restarts like it's a gif. Also the water foam in particular areas is flickering.

like you tossed a body in the water and it floats then teleports to the same spot over and over?

Just now, jaeos said:

like you tossed a body in the water and it floats then teleports to the same spot over and over?

like you know those little streams of water with rocks (not the main bodies of water) that are constantly flowing? like next to the riverwood cottage, they just reset after like 10 frames 

1 hour ago, Temphyx said:

@Apollonir If I understand your problem, you are crashing in racemenu whenever you start a new game.  I agree w/ @alaunus01 where he suspects load order.  This and other problems can be cleared up by:

First, making sure the order of your left pane modlist matches the listings on page 1 of Aylis' Guide. 

Second, run Sync Plugins to make most of the right pane plugins match the left pane order.

Two caveats:

1} Masters are introduced by mods all up and down the left pane.  Properly sorted, they fall into two groups.  Each group must independently follow the install order.  ( @Jessica_Degurechaff  )

The first (top) group is all the boldface  masters.  They must all sit together, in the correct order at the top of the right pane load order.

The second group of masters sits right below the boldface .esm's and consists of unbolded .esm's,  .esl's, and master flagged .esp's. 

This group of mod masters also comes from mods all over the left pane and should also be in the same order as they were installed.

Finally, the third group, the long list of .esp's and espfe's that make up the bulk of your load order needs to have its order independently matched with the installation order.

2) Sync Plugins is great, it does most of the work (assuming your left pane order is correct), but it doesn't get everything right.  Once you think everything is installed, ordered and sorted, you can start a trial run of Wrye Bash for your Bashed Patch.  If Wrye gives you any warnings about Masters (ie. Delinquent Masters), make a note or screenshot so you can close out and move them around in your Load Order.

43 minutes ago, jaeos said:

@Apollonir I don't totally agree with @Temphyxor @alaunus01 since you are actually getting to the main screen, and able to start a game. The crash is happening when you first enter the room? for Skyrim unbound i believe you need to open the mod menu and select all of your options before a rendered person is shown (with armor) At that point all of your mods have loaded.. except the racemenu mods, Apachi skyhair, ks hairdos etc. (most of the PC section actually) start there and disable ks hairdos and any mods that require it as a master. try to enter the game, if it still crashes at the same point, keep shutting off mods until you get to the actual "creation" of the char. (i do 5 at a time just to make the process quicker) 

Or (if you have old save games) load an old save. does it crash when you enter that save? if not, type ` (console opens) showracemenu does it crash at that point? IF it does, it is racemenu related, if not, then it's load order related. (if i make sense.)

I hate to say it but you will need to do some de-bugging to find your miscreant mod. 

Thanks for the advice everyone,

I think I at least have a basic grasp on the way all this works (I've already followed Just Don't's guide) and I've made it through Aylis' guide now without errors (already ran Sync Plugins and dealt with Delinquent Masters). That being said, your explanation of bold .esms, unbolded .esms, .esls, and .esps  @Temphyx was useful to make sure I was doing things right.

I should clarify that I do crash a few seconds after clicking "new game" before anything actually renders, and only suspected racemenu because of a single frame I saw just before one of the crashes I tested. This is my first time with Skyrim SE on PC, so I don't have any preexisting saves yet, but I'll give that a try.

Additionally, I think I am following the guide's mod list very closely, only including the FNIS creature pack, "Fertility Adventures," and "Battle Fuck!" on top as far as I can tell (I will try without these soon)

I'll try your suggestion @jaeos and configure mods in the mod menu before trying to start a new game.

There are some things about testing which mods may be causing I would like to know though:

- Do I have to rebuild the Bashed Patch every time I change loaded mods?

- Is there a way to maintain patch load order between deactivation and reactivation of a mod?

- Are there some mods that deactivating would cause problems? For example, If I have Rudy ENB set up on my SE install, would deactivating its corresponding mod cause issues? 

Lastly, a couple other things I'm unsure of the relevancy of:

- My grass pre-caching process eventually started crashing immediately after launching, making no progress after running for a few hours. Should I use the incomplete(?) cache? Or could there be other issues that this would cause?

- My DnDOLOD (3.0) run starts with about a minute of warning and error messages, but eventually begins generating object LOD etc. Is this normal with this mod list?

- I'm using the Greek Goddess bodyslide preset and Aylis' Bodyslide SRA, and have not generated any files with bodyslide. should I?

Once again, thank you all for the help, and all future help is greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, alaunus01 said:

The thing is that im looking for intel, because i already have the MO for it

@Apollonir  Are you getting any .Net crash logs?

Your questions:

- Rebuild BP?  yes but skip for testing purposes.

- Can only maintain LO by deactivating plugins in R pane.  Keep in mind that meshes, textures, etc - all but .esp -  remain active if you do this

- Hard to say, main issue re deactivating mods is missing masters.  It can have a cascading effect.

- Grass caching should be forced to completion.

- DynDolod warnings: can't say, haven't seen the problem

- GG & SRA preset: can't say, don't use.

Edit: Regarding racemenu crashes, while it sounds like it may not fit your situation, others may note that certain incompatible addons (like followers) can cause crashes when sorting through eyes, hairs, and other body parts in Racemenu.  - Just sa genereal heads-up.

Edited by Temphyx

@asebw

Both companies are now owned by Microsoft. So it is possible (but i wouldn't hold my breath on it).

@Largelarry420

1. Bigger pictures belong into spoilers.

2. That seems to be a bug of the house there. There's nothing i could do about that mod and we'd need an update for it.

3. But it shouldn't flicker. Repeating foam, yes - flickering texture, no.

@Jessica_Degurechaff

Have you taken a look at the screenshot in installation? Propably not...

The mods for snow are tricky, one was way to bright (must burn your eyes on HDR) and another one only caused texture problems. I'm not completely happy but 'Fluffy Snow' seems to be the way to go.

I also discovered what mod caused the 'almost right' textures and of course it was the last mod i checked. The mod 'Majestic Landscapes' contains some changes to textures so those are just a tiny bit off. I'm working on upgrading my texture pack so that those glitching textures get overwritten. I only wish they were easier to see.

The next mod i'm taking a look at is 'HDT-SMP Racemenu Hair or Wigs'. Hopefully it won't cause the issues we had before...

Edited by Aylis