Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

49 minutes ago, Temphyx said:

Maybe it's time to pull off the 'for beginners' label?  Beginners can't go back and forth through a constantly changing mod list.  They just can't.  They are not stupid or lazy - really! - they're just ignorant.  This is not a personal failing.  To truly address beginners, you have to:

1 - Keep it linear.  Each step clearly stated, one at a time, in appropriate order, explanations where appropriate, and some sort of checklist available for reference. (cf. Lexy builds)

2 - Not have rolling changes.  Only insert completed updates.

3 - Someone(s)  (not the curator) needs to be a buffer for what the 'cognoscenti' might deem a stupid question.

4 - There really are no stupid questions.  If something was misunderstood there is at least a 50% chance it wasn't clear to begin with.

Just my 2c, apologies where deserved.

I have followed quite a few modlist so far and I have to agree 100 % on this one. The guide is very clear to follow through but definitely not the beginner friendliest.

2 hours ago, wollboi said:

@Aylis Grass was set to 2. I'll try running it as 1. Should the "Mode" by set to 1 in DynDOLOD if I change it in the Grass text file?

Also, when do you recommend running the grass cache script? I ran it in between TexGen and DynDOLOD, as that's where it is in the list.

1. Yes, those have to be the same.

2. That doesn't really matter as long as the 'grass cache' feeds into the LOD creation of DynDOLOD. We only have to make sure it is after any changes to the landscape.

In my last test-run i created the cache before the first step of DynDOLOD and it is working. The big unknown for me is the bashed patch. It is for conflict resolution so it could possibly contain changes to the landscape as well.

@blsrazor

That is missing or broken textures for the armors.

Possibly SRA.

@Temphyx

What rolling releases?

If you mean the informations about upcoming changes, then it is not my fault if people try to include them before i'm finished with the release of an update. That is entirely on themselves.

@All

If you find all the additional informations confusing then i gladly type less!

Edited by Aylis
On 10/7/2021 at 5:15 PM, remodel said:

I've ordered a prebuilt desktop with a RTX3080 to replace my crashed boat anchor.  What kind of performance are you getting with Skyrim SE?  And what level of textures are you using, 2k or 4k? lastly, what issues are you referring to, hot vram?

RTX 3080 FE, i9-11900k,  32gb DDR4 ram, Samsung 980 pro NvmE boot, and a Seagate Firecuda NvmE for games. Skyrim SE runs sweet, and so does anything else I've thrown at it at the moment.  Could've went with AMD cpu for the extra cores, but so far I haven't seen any need.

I use mostly 2k textures with some 4k thrown in where I really want the quality. I will say to you though ( and anyone else reading ) that I've been modding for a long time. I use this guide as a reference,  and to see what mods Aylis and others have checked out, problems they've encountered, ect. My personal set up is quite different.

As for issues, there are reports of New World bricking GPUs. 

Edited by bandygirl1

@Aylis Awesome, thanks. That is also the route I'm going now. Hadn't considered the bashed patch messing with anything. I always delete it and recreate it before starting the entire DynDOLOD/LODGen process.

@Nelmas It's just you. JK's adds architecture and a few NPCs and shouldn't effect FPS at all. Typically FPS drops are caused by lighting and very script-heavy mods that have processes running constantly. Have you finished the entire guide? Are you running Rudy ENB? What are your system specs?

@bandygirl1 After all the issues, I would never trust any game Amazon makes near my baby.

Edited by wollboi
10 minutes ago, wollboi said:

@Nelmas It's just you. JK's adds architecture and a few NPCs and shouldn't effect FPS at all. Typically FPS drops are caused by lighting and very script-heavy mods that have processes running constantly. Have you finished the entire guide? Are you running Rudy ENB? What are your system specs?

I haven't finished the whole guide, no. I'm about halfway through Textures, and was just doing some tests. Read the comments on JKs Skyrim and some people experience the same fps drops, so I was wondering. Did some quick tests around Riverwood and Whiterun with it on/off and concluded that was at fault.

-i7 6700k

-AMD Rx 5600 XT 6GB

- 24 GB Ram

- And Skyrim and the modlist running off an SSD.

No ENB running, haven't gotten to that part yet. Also no lighting mods installed yet.

Edited by Nelmas

@Nelmas Hmm. My first thought is that every mod that alters anything other than eye color is going to have people complaining about frame drops. I looked through the first 6 pages of JK's Skyrim's posts section and only saw one poster having issues (albeit the most recent poster). Your specs look fine, so that wouldn't be it. How big of a drop are you seeing?

I honestly wouldn't worry about frame drops or anything else technical right now. Whenever I completely start over, I will launch a test save after completing every section (Textures, Override, etc.). But that's just to make sure I haven't messed something up along the way. I only really start to see framerate dips after the Lighting section, which is to be expected.

TL;DR - I'd just keep going until you're done with the whole list before worrying about framerate.

I have the Particle Patch installed and checked in the left pane of MO2, but I have the esp disabled.  Bashed patch creation results in a missing master of that esp.  Should I leave the whole mod disabled, leave the whole mod including the esp enabled, or disable the mod, created a bashed patch, then enable the mod but disable the esp?

@wollboi - Maybe I should look there for improved performance.  Any mods in the weather and lighting section that hit the system particularly hard?  I've used Cathedral before without problem.  I'm guessing Windows Shadows, and DVLaSS, and just that I have an ENB for the first time, but those things are sort of foundational to this list.  Maybe ENB light?

Anyone ever seen the Hall of the Vigilant "blue"... looks like maybe a missing texture on the mesh, but so far i have been unable to identify why it is happening.. very weird. The edges of the roof look normal, just the exterior walls and porch are blue

8 minutes ago, axz2 said:

I have the Particle Patch installed and checked in the left pane of MO2, but I have the esp disabled.  Bashed patch creation results in a missing master of that esp.  Should I leave the whole mod disabled, leave the whole mod including the esp enabled, or disable the mod, created a bashed patch, then enable the mod but disable the esp?

@wollboi - Maybe I should look there for improved performance.  Any mods in the weather and lighting section that hit the system particularly hard?  I've used Cathedral before without problem.  I'm guessing Windows Shadows, and DVLaSS, and just that I have an ENB for the first time, but those things are sort of foundational to this list.  Maybe ENB light?

or go into the mod information and hide the esp.

Texgen64 always immediately errors out with "Old Dyndolod files detected".   I disabled all the LOD mods like SSE Tamriel Terrain, and DynDolod resources) (I disabled the before generating LOD but I guess they have to be enabled after Texgen but for/before Dyndolod), but I still get the error. 

1 hour ago, axz2 said:

Actually, I have this same issue. I think the sequence was: disabled the Particle Patch esp on the right side (as per my understanding of the guide), ran bashed patch, then got the missing master warning. I just re-enabled Particle Patch on the right, but that was just a guess, and the warning went away and I forgot about it. I am not sure I did the right thing.

@axz2

The 'DynDOLOD Ressources' have to stay enabled, only the 'xLODGen Resource - Terrain Tamriel' is the mod that has to be disabled after the first step.

Btw. you did upgrade the 'DynDOLOD Ressources', right? The name stays the same, but the content changes for 3.0.

@axz2 @trgdolors

I have the Particle Patch installed and checked in the left pane of MO2, but I have the esp disabled.

You have to either delete the ESP or hide it via MO2 (either is to be done on the left side). Otherwise it can still be detected by some tools.

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.21a1a3ab73a9becff1170f3a76a9f7cc.jpg

Starting a new day

Spoiler

ScreenShot1647.jpg.c6711e140f2614f0659ddb6fa24811ad.jpg

The new dirt effects are more subtle in the beginning.

Spoiler

ScreenShot1649.jpg.80ded040ff1ed4e478379ac3e4922b60.jpg

Edited by Aylis
Added pic
6 hours ago, bandygirl1 said:

[...]As for issues, there are reports of New World bricking GPUs.

JayzTwoCents had some interesting observations on his youtube channel.

a) apparently you can enable higher resolutions than your monitor can handle (without specifically telling the game that you want that)

b) power draw is turned up to 14. (i.e. a card specced for 350w constantly drawing up to 400w)

9 hours ago, Aylis said:

1. Yes, those have to be the same.

2. That doesn't really matter as long as the 'grass cache' feeds into the LOD creation of DynDOLOD. We only have to make sure it is after any changes to the landscape.

In my last test-run i created the cache before the first step of DynDOLOD and it is working. The big unknown for me is the bashed patch. It is for conflict resolution so it could possibly contain changes to the landscape as well.

This explains some issues and Wrye Bash does sweep up Worldspace conflicts.  Sometimes you have to patch the Bashed Patch... ?

2 hours ago, Temphyx said:

This explains some issues and Wrye Bash does sweep up Worldspace conflicts.  Sometimes you have to patch the Bashed Patch... ?

Thanks for the confirmation, i expected that behaviour but wasn't sure about it.

Will add something to the description and the DynDOLOD guide (just to make sure ;)).

I also streamlined the process a little bit so you don't have to scroll that much anymore (was annoyed by that too). The results stay the same so it is more for new users or a future rerun of DynDOLOD.

What i got so far (take it with a grain of salt) from all the different threads i've read:

1. Bashed Patch                            Conflict resolution and changes to the landscape

2. No Grass In Objects                  Adjustments to the positioning of grass.                              Requires input from 1.

3. Terrain LOD Output                  Creates texture LOD for the landscape.                                 Might require input from 1.

4. Texture Output                         Creates all non-landscape textures and billboards                Requires input from 1 and possibly 2

5. DynDOLOD Output                  Creates LOD files for everything except landscapes              Requires input from 1, 2 and 4

6. AO Output                                Creates the AO                                                                      Requires input from 1

Edited by Aylis
9 hours ago, wollboi said:

@Nelmas Hmm. My first thought is that every mod that alters anything other than eye color is going to have people complaining about frame drops. I looked through the first 6 pages of JK's Skyrim's posts section and only saw one poster having issues (albeit the most recent poster). Your specs look fine, so that wouldn't be it. How big of a drop are you seeing?

I honestly wouldn't worry about frame drops or anything else technical right now. Whenever I completely start over, I will launch a test save after completing every section (Textures, Override, etc.). But that's just to make sure I haven't messed something up along the way. I only really start to see framerate dips after the Lighting section, which is to be expected.

TL;DR - I'd just keep going until you're done with the whole list before worrying about framerate.

Pretty severe ones. -25fps on average and in one spot near Riverwood I was seeing a -34fps. Could it be because I'm running an AMD? AMD is known to be...problematic.

@Nelmas

It's more being basically a game engine from 2002 with so many additions patched on that it got 'a few' problems. Plus Bethesda is known to be somewhat sloppy with their programming. There's a reason many call them 'Bugthesda'.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of the old bugs return with Skyrim AE...

Edited by Aylis
24 minutes ago, Nelmas said:

Pretty severe ones. -25fps on average and in one spot near Riverwood I was seeing a -34fps. Could it be because I'm running an AMD? AMD is known to be...problematic.

possible, your chip is 6 years old, your card is 3-ish years old (technology wise) and you might not be GPU bottling, you might be CPU throttling instead. Have you looked at any benchmarks for your setup to tweak it?

2 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@Nelmas

It's more being a game engine from 2002 with so many additions patched on that it got 'a few' problems. Plus Bethesda is known to be somewhat sloppy with their programming. There's a reason many call them 'Bugthesda'.

somewhat sloppy.. that's like saying the grand canyon is a hole in the ground. technically correct, but way understated.

3 minutes ago, kackhaufen213 said:

has anyone done some major changes to the combat mods in this modlist? I'm kinda interested in knowing how safe it would be to add mods such as Wildcat

i use it, i don't use the fancy chain attacks mods though, so ymmv, but i've used wildcat for awhile with no issues with ordinator or lupine(werewolf perks overhaul) so you are "probably" safe to add it. ?