Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

9 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@asebw

Both companies are now owned by Microsoft. So it is possible (but i wouldn't hold my breath on it).

@Largelarry420

1. Bigger pictures belong into spoilers.

2. That seems to be a bug of the house there. There's nothing i could do about that mod and we'd need an update for it.

3. But it shouldn't flicker. Repeating foam, yes - flickering texture, no.

@Jessica_Degurechaff

Have you taken a look at the screenshot in installation? Propably not...

The mods for snow are tricky, one was way to bright (must burn your eyes on HDR) and another one only caused texture problems. I'm not completely happy but 'Fluffy Snow' seems to be the way to go.

I also discovered what mod caused the 'almost right' textures and of course it was the last mod i checked. The mod 'Majestic Landscapes' contains some changes to textures so those are just a tiny bit off. I'm working on upgrading my texture pack so that those glitching textures get overwritten. I only wish they were easier to see.

For me it happens to any stream of water like that one, for example, in bleak falls barrow where I first noticed it. Sorry about the picture.

32 minutes ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

Thats not what i mean, but ok..

You wanted to know what to do with the ESM and ESL and where to place them. Or did i completely misunderstand that in post #7831?

38 minutes ago, Largelarry420 said:

For me it happens to any stream of water like that one, for example, in bleak falls barrow where I first noticed it.

OK, thats helpful.

I'll take a look although this can take a while 'til i get there (don't want to start the claw or the dragons yet).

@Apollonir

1. If you have something that changes objects or the landscape, the yes (when in doubt rerun the patcher).

2. You can't afaik.

3. There are a few mods that rely on each other. Like that a lot of the lighting mods require an ENB. 3BBB can require Sexlab (installation option), etc. 

4. Either complete it or skip it. Otherwise there will be issues.

5. Atm its normal. I, and others, are working on fixing it. But a lot of them are more 'info' than a real 'warning'.

6. Nope, unless you added armors. The predone files are there so can skip the entire process of bodyslides. 

Edited by Aylis
Typo

@Jessica_Degurechaff If it's bold and itallics, I send it to the top. The only esm I have that isn't b&i is Sexlab Attraction. Also, that's the processor I have and I've had nothing but good luck with it so far.

@Apollonir My 2 cents

- Every time I add a new plugin or remove an old one, I rebuild Wrye. I think Aylis has said before, if in doubt, run the thing. It's never going to hurt. When the list gets a large update, I disable all of my mods and enable them one-by-one, following the guide's instructions about if I need to move anything around. I feel like running Wrye after this lets it more accurately move around my mods since I've probably been moving them around manually. Remember: If a machine ever disagrees with you, the machine is right. That's how I prepare for the inevitable robot apocalypse.

- You can save your plugin and/or mod load order before moving everything around. But, yes, you'll end up moving them manually quite a bit.

- Rudy ENB doesn't really have a mod. If you mean the patches for it, it'll probably mess something up but I wouldn't imagine it would be catastrophic. That being said, there have been more than a few mods I've disabled during a playthrough that have either broke it or hosed my game so much that I'd rather start a new one than try to figure out if it's salvageable.

- Open the .Net Script Framework mod in Windows explorer. Open the NetScriptFramework folder, then look at NetScriptFramework.log.txt. You're grass cache may have finished without letting you know. If it says towards the bottom of that log that it's done, you're good to go. Occasionally I've had to close MO2 and "restart" the process, but it seems to remember where it left off as long as you haven't cleared Overwrite.

- Yep. It always mentions something about "not divisible by four". I can't be arsed to look up what it means, so I assume it's fine. I do this with most of my life's problems.

- I wouldn't. The main armor mod, Simply Realistic, requires too much fiddling around with to get it to work. I still think eventually some brave soul will make a Bodyslide patch for it, and on that day you can make the boobies as big as you'd like. For now, I would just go with Aylis's slides.

---

Has anyone noticed any missing textures in Windhelm? I've come across quite a few, all of them with the new geometry added by Capital Windhelm. I've run the BDS patch script. Ones I've noticed are on the top walkways over the Gray Quarter and a few near the western edge of the city interior.

Also, I'm finally back to 50-55 FPS outside. It was DynDOLOD 3. Either something I was doing wrong, it didn't like the Occlusion step, or something else, but thank **** it's back to normal.

28 minutes ago, Aylis said:

You wanted to know what to do with the ESM and ESL and where to place them. Or did i completely misunderstand that?

That is part of the question, but i do know that they are always supposed to be up. the thing is that sometimes (specifically in this case with FertilityMode) i cant place them where i want to: 

Spoiler

image.png.150827d6c06a8332d7bd5c2cfb9c7596.png

I cant move fertility mode up past VanillaScripOptimizations (nor VanillaScripOptimizations down past SMIM) to place them exactly as you have it on the Screenshot

I can move it down (fertility) as much as i want, tho. 

Edited by Jessica_Degurechaff
2 minutes ago, wollboi said:

@Jessica_Degurechaff If it's bold and itallics, I send it to the top. The only esm I have that isn't b&i is Sexlab Attraction. Also, that's the processor I have and I've had nothing but good luck with it so far

---

Has anyone noticed any missing textures in Windhelm? I've come across quite a few, all of them with the new geometry added by Capital Windhelm. I've run the BDS patch script. Ones I've noticed are on the top walkways over the Gray Quarter and a few near the western edge of the city interior.

Yeah thats why i want it, i only heard good things about it and my MO is compatible with it, i currently have an I7-8700K; not exactly lackluster or a bad processor, but i could do better.

Windhelm is a mess for me no matter the installation, either people have Blackface bug, have their paths screwed, or theres missing textures around the grey quarter, or geometry/stuff added that makes hard to walk around certain places, all of this happened on the previous ver of the Modlist, im updating to the current one but i would nto hold my breath, place have always give me trouble in general, i just try to avoid that place as much as possible (a shame, i love the old city near buried in snow style it has)

@Jessica_Degurechaff

Yeah, that one is difficult (no idea what the OA did there).

For the moment leave it there. I'll take a look what can be done about it...

@wollboi @Jessica_Degurechaff

Exact location?

Afaik this only happens when you use an already existing save, a missing patch, broken textures or there's something wrong with the LO. 

Edited by Aylis
1 hour ago, Aylis said:

@wollboi @Jessica_Degurechaff

Exact location?

Afaik this only happens when you use an already existing save, a missing patch, broken textures or there's something wrong with the LO. 

will check on later since im currently runing DynDolods and the  other tools but i 100% guarantee that i tried using new characters just to check that place bugs since i like to live there.

On that note, does old saves affect current ones? they should not but one never knows with beteshda

2 hours ago, Apollonir said:

Thanks for the advice everyone,

I think I at least have a basic grasp on the way all this works (I've already followed Just Don't's guide) and I've made it through Aylis' guide now without errors (already ran Sync Plugins and dealt with Delinquent Masters). That being said, your explanation of bold .esms, unbolded .esms, .esls, and .esps  @Temphyx was useful to make sure I was doing things right.

I should clarify that I do crash a few seconds after clicking "new game" before anything actually renders, and only suspected racemenu because of a single frame I saw just before one of the crashes I tested. This is my first time with Skyrim SE on PC, so I don't have any preexisting saves yet, but I'll give that a try.

Additionally, I think I am following the guide's mod list very closely, only including the FNIS creature pack, "Fertility Adventures," and "Battle Fuck!" on top as far as I can tell (I will try without these soon)

I'll try your suggestion @jaeos and configure mods in the mod menu before trying to start a new game.

There are some things about testing which mods may be causing I would like to know though:

- Do I have to rebuild the Bashed Patch every time I change loaded mods?

- Is there a way to maintain patch load order between deactivation and reactivation of a mod?

- Are there some mods that deactivating would cause problems? For example, If I have Rudy ENB set up on my SE install, would deactivating its corresponding mod cause issues? 

Lastly, a couple other things I'm unsure of the relevancy of:

- My grass pre-caching process eventually started crashing immediately after launching, making no progress after running for a few hours. Should I use the incomplete(?) cache? Or could there be other issues that this would cause?

- My DnDOLOD (3.0) run starts with about a minute of warning and error messages, but eventually begins generating object LOD etc. Is this normal with this mod list?

- I'm using the Greek Goddess bodyslide preset and Aylis' Bodyslide SRA, and have not generated any files with bodyslide. should I?

Once again, thank you all for the help, and all future help is greatly appreciated.

not quite what i meant. Aylis used to use Live another life mod to skip the carriage ride to helgin. if you use that mod it loads into a cell with your PC in prisoner rags with just a little food and anything a mod adds. Which allows your game to finish loading some mods (sexlab doesn't finish loading until you reload from a save or tell it to load, which makes all the sex stuff not work) skyrim unbound does the same thing. Almost. You can preload armor or anything onto your PC from the beginning, before it actually renders your PC. I personally use LAL rather than SU, I just like the way it acts better. 

You said you had 1-2 frames you could see. did it look like a room, or a flying view of helgen? If it was a flying view of helgen i suspect your SU made an error and crashed. If nothing else, install LAL in the same spot Skyrim Unbound is (left and right pane) disable SU and (for testing) the wrye bash esm at the bottom. (and any other mods saying you are missing a master.) turn off SU and launch the game. if you have no issues loading into the prison cell and can edit your PC. Exit, delete the saves, turn SU back on (move the .esp back to where it was) and try again (without wryebash and the rest) if you do not have an issue, exit again and turn on any mods you did need to turn off. (should have been only wryebash) if you CTD again, run wryebash and just right click the esm and rebuild, not create a new esm.

@Aylis
Im currently waiting DynDOLOD to finish (it DOES takes a lot more than it used to?) and while i was checking armors to add... do we still have SMP on the guide? because i dont remember installing it and on the CBBE 3BBB the instructions specifically says to get CBPC   (and thus not picking the SMP with CBPC options)  

TDLR: do we still have SMP on the guide and armors using it can still be installed? (and everything that may need SMP to work)

Just now, yeah758 said:

I found this mod for the black face bug. 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/42441

I am well aware of the many mods that claim to fix this but don't. I am not going to paste the explanation here since you can go there. Be aware that it will have a performance penalty is at best a temp fix for improperly done facegen. Having said that It solved several of my NPC hair addons issues and know I can enjoy KS hair on most NPC's. 

I do use that one for another mirror installation of this same guide (i just edited it heavily but used the guide as a base) i canm confirm it does fixes *MOST* of the NPC blackfaces, and if it got it right with a change as big as SkyFem i doubt it would hurt on most cases

@yeah758  Oh totally, im not a FPS slave so as long as its nor uterly unplayable/unstable or haves less than 20 fps i dont really care, but i just think its the moment to do so, the 8700K is hella powerful and haves NEVER let me down even once, but i could use one better and my current job allows it, so eh, why not? (ik why not: find one seller that haves it or its not ripping you off)   Im currently aiming for the best my MO can handle (i9-9900)  but overall the difference is not that big as you say, even benchmark websites tell me that, but at the same time EVERYTHING on my current rig is new (it has like 6 months since i build it, nothing in terms of PC lifespan)  ONLY the CPU has some years on his back. Meh, its just a future plan, im not actively seeking out the CPU but i still find annoying how i WANT to buy something but its hard to do so without literally checking the stores every 2 minutes.

3 hours ago, Apollonir said:

Thanks for the advice everyone,

I think I at least have a basic grasp on the way all this works (I've already followed Just Don't's guide) and I've made it through Aylis' guide now without errors (already ran Sync Plugins and dealt with Delinquent Masters). That being said, your explanation of bold .esms, unbolded .esms, .esls, and .esps  @Temphyx was useful to make sure I was doing things right.

I should clarify that I do crash a few seconds after clicking "new game" before anything actually renders, and only suspected racemenu because of a single frame I saw just before one of the crashes I tested. This is my first time with Skyrim SE on PC, so I don't have any preexisting saves yet, but I'll give that a try.

Additionally, I think I am following the guide's mod list very closely, only including the FNIS creature pack, "Fertility Adventures," and "Battle Fuck!" on top as far as I can tell (I will try without these soon)

I'll try your suggestion @jaeos and configure mods in the mod menu before trying to start a new game.

There are some things about testing which mods may be causing I would like to know though:

- Do I have to rebuild the Bashed Patch every time I change loaded mods?

- Is there a way to maintain patch load order between deactivation and reactivation of a mod?

- Are there some mods that deactivating would cause problems? For example, If I have Rudy ENB set up on my SE install, would deactivating its corresponding mod cause issues? 

Lastly, a couple other things I'm unsure of the relevancy of:

- My grass pre-caching process eventually started crashing immediately after launching, making no progress after running for a few hours. Should I use the incomplete(?) cache? Or could there be other issues that this would cause?

- My DnDOLOD (3.0) run starts with about a minute of warning and error messages, but eventually begins generating object LOD etc. Is this normal with this mod list?

- I'm using the Greek Goddess bodyslide preset and Aylis' Bodyslide SRA, and have not generated any files with bodyslide. should I?

Once again, thank you all for the help, and all future help is greatly appreciated.

So I've been doing some mod activation/deactivation, and I've found That without "Alternate Start" (LAL) I can get something to render without crashing. I load in to the carriage, but with the camera inside of another guy's face. But after a few seconds, it crashes anyway. The messages in the upper left corner makes it to some things about SoS pubic hair beforehand. 

This leads me to believe that it isn't actually alternate start that's causing the crashes, but something else related to... maybe the player? I'll keep poking around to try and find the cause, but do any of you have a guess on what kind of mod might be causing this?

Edited by Apollonir
41 minutes ago, jaeos said:

not quite what i meant. Aylis used to use Live another life mod to skip the carriage ride to helgin. if you use that mod it loads into a cell with your PC in prisoner rags with just a little food and anything a mod adds. Which allows your game to finish loading some mods (sexlab doesn't finish loading until you reload from a save or tell it to load, which makes all the sex stuff not work) skyrim unbound does the same thing. Almost. You can preload armor or anything onto your PC from the beginning, before it actually renders your PC. I personally use LAL rather than SU, I just like the way it acts better. 

You said you had 1-2 frames you could see. did it look like a room, or a flying view of helgen? If it was a flying view of helgen i suspect your SU made an error and crashed. If nothing else, install LAL in the same spot Skyrim Unbound is (left and right pane) disable SU and (for testing) the wrye bash esm at the bottom. (and any other mods saying you are missing a master.) turn off SU and launch the game. if you have no issues loading into the prison cell and can edit your PC. Exit, delete the saves, turn SU back on (move the .esp back to where it was) and try again (without wryebash and the rest) if you do not have an issue, exit again and turn on any mods you did need to turn off. (should have been only wryebash) if you CTD again, run wryebash and just right click the esm and rebuild, not create a new esm.

Oh, I haven't been using Skyrim Unleashed, I've been using Alternate Start - Live Another Life this whole time. As mentioned above, removing this mod lets me load into the carriage, but I still crash after a little while. Thanks for the suggestions though.

47 minutes ago, yeah758 said:

You need both HDT-SMP and CBPC. You can use both for different things at the same time. 

A little background

HDT-SMP was for OLDRIM and cannot be ported over. I am not going to name names but the guy was in China and was flaky at responding. He had no desire to develop physics for SE. In the meantime someone developed CBPC for SE. Shortly after this the Chinese guy released the source code and HDT-SMP was released to SE by new authors. So know we have two two types of physics for SE. HDT-SMP reacts to world around and appears more realistic but the penalty is performance and some downright strange interactions with animations. I mean breast that stretch 10' long during sexlab animations or my breasts, and butt is flat on entering a new cell and I will have to jump to fix it. CBPC is less buggy but is preprogrammed and doesn't react to the environment as well if at all but it doesn't have a performance penalty. This a personal preference with no clear answer. I will tell you can't HDT-SMP everything or you will get a slide show.    

Right but how do i do that? I mean that prior to this version of the guide we changed around via a key,    Does this version of the guide still does that? I legit NEVER had any problems with either SMP or CBPC so i would like to have both in this version as well.

Oh thats interesting, thats why most asian mods always use SMP ?

i guess ill use the one that marks that uses both then

1 hour ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

i guess ill use the one that marks that uses both then

Thats up to you...

@yeah758

1. Bigger pics still belong into spoilers.

2. It doesn't matter how often someone 'discovers' this mod. It only hides the problem, but it doesn't fix it.

For a fix you have to check the LO or if a patch is missing.

Added a small 'how-to' to check if the creation of the grass cache is working.

Added informations for settings of the creation of the tree LOD.

Removed already fixed bug entries.

The creation of the textures for DynDOLOD is really strange. Sometimes it is really fast and the next time it crawls on a snails pace... The 'Defender AV' is not much help either. The selfactivation of its functions might well play into it.

Edited by Aylis
24 minutes ago, Aylis said:

The 'Defender AV' is not much help either. The selfactivation of its functions might well play into it.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH TIME THAT HAVES SAVED ME
For real now, i just wasted 2 hours of my life checking MO2 configs because nemesis gave me an error each time i tried to run it "..nemesis cant copy files into..."  or "nemesis cant find the specify rute" 

if it wasnt because i read  The 'Defender AV'  and thought of windows defender i would have keep having this issue

You should put a warning "deactivate windows antivirus when runing nemesis" , just tested using my laptop and the exact same thing happened.. maybe i just have bad luck tho, but turning off windows defender stuff solved it

Spoiler

image.png.5c3008b55355e99edf1642fe7bb68b50.png

Windows Defender off:

Spoiler

image.png.7a838e3fcc5eb5aa3838a6622052c09a.png

There already is an entry regarding AV in post #3.

Waiting for the last crash of the 'grass cache' generation...

Starting to look good

Spoiler

ScreenShot1666.jpg.baa236805dc9e2df50fd1d8fbe75fc09.jpg

First steps of improving the shadows work too.

Edited by Aylis

@Aylis hey there, sorry for bothering but im having an issue with Wyre:

image.png.a9eb223994271d86096ce277931c4291.png

I dont really know what i did wrong since i followed the list to the T and i already did an installation on the past so i was aware of moving some master files around.. but im lost this time, some help please? :D

Got it fixed, for some reason Ordination (main) was somewhere random

Edited by Alkzis
26 minutes ago, Alkzis said:

@Aylis hey there, sorry for bothering but im having an issue with Wyre:

image.png.a9eb223994271d86096ce277931c4291.png

I dont really know what i did wrong since i followed the list to the T and i already did an installation on the past so i was aware of moving some master files around.. but im lost this time, some help please? :D

The esps are ordered wrongly. Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim should come first, than the two patches.

Edited by Tops34

@Jessica_Degurechaff 8700k to 9900k will not be a WOW upgrade. What I would do instead is this: Keep your current system for roughly another year, it really is nothing to sneeze at. End of '22 you can get a nice z790 board (when manufacturers had plenty of time to sort out the z690 kinks), ddr5 ram should be cheaper (knocks on wood) and raptor lake releases. i5k with 14 cores i9k with 24. That will be an amazing upgrade and you will not feel silly for getting an older eightcore chip today.

On the other hand when all the early adaptors jump to alder lake next month you might be able to get a used 9900k for really cheap. But it would have to be really close to 100 bucks to not feel like a waste of perfectly good money.

@Aylis When this offtopic chatter gets annoying just say the word.

45 minutes ago, alaunus01 said:

When this offtopic chatter gets annoying just say the word.

Its OK.

As i'm primarily using AMD for years now it is interesting to see whats offered across the border (so to speak). Also i see this as a part of modding so i'm fine with general talk about hardware.