Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

15 minutes ago, J suzuya said:

I'm having a problem with creature animations i installed CF and MNC both seem to be working and show up in game but animations just t pose with audio with no animation even after running nemesis (nemesis acknowledges the creature animations with no errors in the engine)

EDIT: should i have fnis creatures installed also?

Nemesis doesn't do creature animations. Yeah there are patches and stuff that are supposed to work but they don't really...

If you want to use creature animations install FNIS creatures.

Got my documents done. If anyone would like to take a look at them before I post them I would appreciate it - especially the acronym one. I tried to include everything I could find or think of, including some of the more obscure mods that still get mentioned by acronym fairly often. If I've left any out, please let me know.

Skyrim Special Edition Acronym Helper.odt

Morrowloot Helper.xls

Edited by wollboi
5 minutes ago, wollboi said:

Got my documents done. If anyone would like to take a look at them before I post them I would appreciate it - especially the acronym one. I tried to include everything I could find or think of, including some of the more obscure mods that still get mentioned by acronym fairly often.

[...]

I would leave out the general sauce ones like UI / CTD / DLC etc etc and keep it to skyrim specific ones. If somebody doesn't know what CTD means auntie google helps.

One typo I spotted: Enemey[sic!] yada yada mod.

One factual error: 3BA is an upgraded 3BBB with an additional anus node. If that is the first thing people should read is quite another thing. ?

22 minutes ago, wollboi said:

Got my documents done. If anyone would like to take a look at them before I post them I would appreciate it - especially the acronym one. I tried to include everything I could find or think of, including some of the more obscure mods that still get mentioned by acronym fairly often. If I've left any out, please let me know.

That's a good compilation. I only miss the old mods, SkyRE, PerMa, maybe a mention to DiD (Dead is dead, although I haven't seen much interest in such playthroughs). Death Alternative (DA, DAYMOYL) is a common mention for some mods like Sanguine's Debauchery (SD). Which makes me wonder if you'd like to include other LL mods not mentioned in this guide in particular (DD, ZAZ, and so on).

Spoiler
  • 3BA - 3BBB: I think at some point they were the same, now I think 3BA (3 "b" bones + Advanced) has additional poly count on breast and genital area for improved physics? tbh I'm not so sure here, but I remember reading about it in a bodyslide preset description.
  • ENB: only mention of the full name I have found is in an optimization guide for FO4. Enhanced Natural Beauty, but it could be Bloom, or Boogaloo, because the ENBseries website is weird and full of mysteries.
  • SOS: there are other mods sharing this acronym, like Sounds of Skyrim, which can lead to funny momments. Maybe worth mentioning to avoid confusion.
  • Maybe it's worth mentioning XPMSSE, XP32 and so on, to avoid mixing skeletons.
  • There are other tools that are regularly mentioned that could be included: LOOT, MO2, FISS, HH (High Heels, distinguishing there is a RM* and an HDT implementation), *:Racemenu. The acronyms never end.

@Aylis Do your predone Bodyslides includes morphs.  Would they work with fertility mode to change shape if the player or an NPC is pregnant?

Also I tried running bodyslide myself, without really knowing what I was doing.  After playing around a bit I figured I'd go erase the output but I can't find any output.  Look in Skyrim's data directory and in MO2's overwrite area.  Also looked in the Installed bodyslide mod folders.  I can't find anything that looks like bodyslide output.  I was building just for the nude body if that matters.  I ran Bodyslide as an executable in MO2.   Where is the output supposed to go?

@axz2

It's all on page #1

Bodyslide

I usually run Bodyslide several times. The purpose of this is to adapt the physics to the equipment my character is wearing. I simply don't like the look of the heavy plate armor using the same physics as a robe.

I've included files which contains (where possible) all this for the armors in the list further below.

If you want to make your own please check the guide from @killswitch1968.

Fertility Mode

First you have to run 'Bodyslide' (as mentioned in this thread) and then activate 'Bodymorph' in the MCM of FM. It might not be necessary, but i usually rerun FNIS so there will be no problems somewhere else.

Spoiler

292793685_SkyrimSE2019-08-2318-46-57.png.bd16e25abf9b918ad94e617da17938e1.png

Aylis4.jpg.324e5370a8d1f6078348e40bcdfcc454.jpg

The pic should also answer your question about the inclusion of morphs...

Last steps before the update

Planned changes This can still change!

Upgradepath for DynDOLOD 3

Mods to be removed

Spoiler

DynDOLOD Resources SE                                                               Gets replaced with a version for DynDOLOD 3

Snowberries                                                                                    Found a better one

Snowberries HD Texture Option                                                     Redundant

RUSTIC RELIEFS                                                                               Gets a parallax update

Rapid Rocks                                                                                    Made redundant by DynDOLOD 3

Improved Rain and Fog for Cathedral Weathers                            Getting too dark with the upgraded ENB

Medieval Silverworks STAC Patch                                                   Redundant

SD's Horn Candles SE - STAC Patch (subtle version)                              ''

DVLaSS Skyrim Underside                                                                      ''

JK's Arnleif and Sons Trading Company - WS Patch                       Now combined in a FOMOD

JK's Mistveil Keep - Window Shadows Patch                                                         ''

JK's Silver-Blood Inn - Window Shadows Patch                                                     ''

JK's The Temple of Mara - Window Shadows Patch                                               ''

JK's The Hag's Cure - Window Shadows Patch                                                      ''

JK's Understone Keep - Window Shadows Patch                                                   ''

Rudy ENB DVLaSS ini                                                                       Not needed anymore

Animated Forge Water                                                                    Conflict with 3D forge

Shiny Wet Rocks Fix                                                                         Not needed anymore

Smooth Shores (Grass and Ground Remastered)                            Abandoned. Removal is recommended in the forum of DynDOLOD.

Mods to be added/moved/renamed

Spoiler

Vanilla Script (micro)Optimizations                                                This is a stealth mod - you propably won't even notice it

DynDOLOD Resources                                                                    Updated link

Cathedral - Improved Mountain LOD and Z Fight Patch (WIP)      Better 'outer' mountains

Majestic Mountains DynDoLod 3 Pack                                           Upgraded LOD files

SkyHUD                                                                                           Offers several options for the HUD

Petrol's Map Markers                                                                      Icons

JK's Riverwood Trader                                                                     More JK

Shrine to Kyne - Bugfix                                                                   Bugfix for DynDOLOD 3

Heljarchen Bedroom Doors                                                            Adding doors to your home

Windstad Bedroom Doors                                                                                    ''

HD Better Bloody Rags                                                                   Small texture update

Optimized Snowberries 3D                                                             Replaces two mods and looks imo better

RUSTIC RELIEFS - PARALLAX                                                           Update

Peacekeeper Armour                                                                       The update makes it valid again

Away, Come Away - Bugfix                                                             Bugfix for DynDOLOD 3

ENB Particle Glow - Candles (Luminosity or Window Shadows)     Best lighting for candles so far and makes two patches redundant

Window Shadows - Patches for JK's Interiors                                 Combining the separate files into a FOMOD

USMP - Evolution patch                                                                  Compatibility patch

USMP - Guard Dialogue Overhaul Patch                                                      ''

USMP - Mannequins Revamped patch                                                         ''

USMP - Relationship Dialogue Overhaul patch                                            ''

USMP - Timing is Everything patch                                                              ''

Water for ENB USSEP and Location Patches                                                 ''

?Make sure to get the right color.

Rally's Water Foam                                                                          Improves the waterfalls

Tools

Another useful addition to our set of tools.

Delete Orphan Save Files

To do

Spoiler

Instructions for the 'Grass Cache'

Complete rework of the instructions for 'DynDOLOD'

Checking/reworking of the entries on page #1

Checking out

Spoiler

Snow Veil Sanctum Key                                                                  Got to level up for this one

HD Crystal Golems                                                                         Same

Equip Enchantment Fix                                                                   How to check a bug that doesn't seem to affect you? ?

Marked Treasure                                                                             Couldn't trigger it yet...

div. Patches

Sadly the expansion of Solstheim is not possible with all the conflicts. I could get it working, but making the required files and changes would go against the permissions of the OA. Thats something i'm definitely not willing to do.

And now to my favourite part of modding: rerunning DynDOLOD again and again and again... kotz.gif.23dabf38a1e06275607823beaf61dc51.gif

Edited by Aylis

@Aylis I didn't get the morphs because at first I only included "Bodyslide SRA".  Now I've added a bunch of GG-Body bodyslides.

The guide doesn't help with the other question though.  It says they get output in to the Data file.  But there is nothing there.  (Not a surprise since I ran it from MO2).  But they aren't in the overwrite (were I expected them to be) or in the bodyslide mod.  I'm thinking that somehow I failed to crate them, which if true would actually be a good thing.  The pre-built bodyslides are not overwritten so I guess I just lost the probably messed up slide files anyway.

Was going to move on to Dyndolod but I'll probably hold off until the next update.

Hello,

my PC is covered in cum which isn't going away (butt and chest). The SL time ist set to 120 seconds, but it isn't affecting it. If I add cum layers manually via SLACS the original cum is being replaced and gone, but as soon as I remove the slacs cum the original reappears. Does anyone have a clue what mod could cause it?

Spoiler

cumfront.jpgcumback.jpg

Edit: It looks it's been caused by the "Sisterhood of Dibella"-mod itself and is being called "sweat". The same overlays are being put on naked NPCs there, and my char don't have it on a new game without entering the temple. As soon as I do the "cum" appears. And I don't know how to get rid of it. Really annoying.

Edited by Tops34
6 hours ago, Tops34 said:

Hello,

my PC is covered in cum which isn't going away (butt and chest). The SL time ist set to 120 seconds, but it isn't affecting it. If I add cum layers manually via SLACS the original cum is being replaced and gone, but as soon as I remove the slacs cum the original reappears. Does anyone have a clue what mod could cause it?

Reveal hidden contents

cumfront.jpgcumback.jpg

Edit: It looks it's been caused by the "Sisterhood of Dibella"-mod itself and is being called "sweat". The same overlays are being put on naked NPCs there, and my char don't have it on a new game without entering the temple. As soon as I do the "cum" appears. And I don't know how to get rid of it. Really annoying.

There should be a white flowery interact on the right side of the outer temple which lets you configure the sweat and other stuff for that mod.

4 hours ago, ascendentkunglao said:

My breezehome by lupus has some compatibility issue where the two center chairs that shouldn't be there are present.  The right chair is actually clipping into the fireplace chair...anyone have any tips?  I checked if there's anything overwriting it but nothing is...

If it's just single items that are not worth your hassle to fix it in the esp you could open the ingame console click on the object (or mousewheel until you get to the right object because you clicked something else) and then consolecommand 'disable' it. 'enable' again if it is the wrong chair until you vanished the right one, then 'markfordelete' to get rid of it in your save for good.

Hi, I've run into a couple of issues regarding armour. 

First is the textures of the guard armour is all jumbled. 

Spoiler

ScreenShot0.png.182ecdc592371d6215ebee50aac5dc20.png

Second is mostly on males, but some armours are still the vanilla models.

Spoiler

ScreenShot1.png.b1a573f7b8fa40c344eed1bb3a74c304.png

Using Alt Start to start in the companions as a test, starting as a male the steel armour it provides is the vanilla model, starting as a female the armour will be the modified version.

Another example, vanilla iron armour on person, modded armour shows in inventory. 

Spoiler

ScreenShot0.png

Edited by Skag
More information
3 hours ago, alaunus01 said:

There should be a white flowery interact on the right side of the outer temple which lets you configure the sweat and other stuff for that mod.

Didn't know that there is also a switch outside. Thanks, I'll check it out.

Edited by Tops34

@Skag

You're missing 'Bodyslides SRA' or it is not the last bodyslide.

@user037951

It is recommended. But, as long as you are in an interior cell, it works without doing that (it just takes a minute or two when you get outside).

Whiteglowing rapids at night are finally fixed. Never thought it would be the rocks causing that issue.

Rerunning grass cache and DynDOLOD with grass setting 2. Got to see how much that impacts performance. Worst case i got to rerun everything with setting 1.

I'm also using 'FXGlow' now. The savegame should be in a good spot to show the difference for that setting.

Updated the pic for the 'ESM/ESL Loadorder'. Done 

Spoiler

560798983_ESM-ESLSkyrim.jpg.7e4602ea73fdf2af815282174a6e8d67.jpg

FXGlow does make a difference:

Spoiler

Without FXGlow

ScreenShot1633.jpg.041ed529e0eb8af3dd1c32bb51660262.jpg

With FXGlow

ScreenShot1635.jpg.3d73531dd5b0496735463198d1cfb446.jpg

The combination of 'Depths of Skyrim' and DynDOLOD seem to have fixed the distant empty squares in the water. The engine bug near Solstheim is gone as well and the usual spots are fine too.

The removal of 'Smooth Shores (Grass and Ground Remastered)' helps with a run of DynDOLOD. The second step runs noticably faster without that mod installed.

Edited by Aylis
1 hour ago, alaunus01 said:

Not outside the temple. the interior were Senna wanders around. Inner Sanctum would be to far in.

That one, I know that, just can't reach it in time before the effect is apllied. Tried that. And even if I deactivate the sweats effect via the flower, it stays, even after a bath. During a bath or if I add 4 layer in SLACS the sweat effect disappears temporarily. Afterwards it's been put back on.  

43 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@Skag

You're missing 'Bodyslides SRA' or it is not the last bodyslide.

Absolutely made sure it was installed and not being overwritten, still not working. Decided to redownload the file, works fine now. I guess I just stuffed it up along the way somewhere. 

16 minutes ago, Tops34 said:

That one, I know that, just can't reach it in time before the effect is apllied. Tried that. And even if I deactivate the sweats effect via the flower, it stays, even after a bath. During a bath or if I add 4 layer in SLACS the sweat effect disappears temporarily. Afterwards it's been put back on.  

Before you go plucking around at your loadorder try something else first. Deactivate the effect then exit the temple into the markath city space. Wait for roughly 72 ingame hours, that 'should' get rid of the applied effect even if you are running non standard timescales. Enter the temple again and see if it gets reapplied.

That particular effect irritates me too but I usualy don't have a problem getting rid of it. It just takes way too long to wear off on your own especially if you tweaked timescales on top of it.

2 hours ago, alaunus01 said:

Before you go plucking around at your loadorder try something else first. Deactivate the effect then exit the temple into the markath city space. Wait for roughly 72 ingame hours, that 'should' get rid of the applied effect even if you are running non standard timescales. Enter the temple again and see if it gets reapplied.

That particular effect irritates me too but I usualy don't have a problem getting rid of it. It just takes way too long to wear off on your own especially if you tweaked timescales on top of it.

It worked, already even after 24 hours, thanks. I gues I was too impatient ;) Anyway, DeepBlueFrog said the effect will be changed into an opt-in with the next update. 

Edited by Tops34

@alaunus01 I'd rather leave in everything as like a "dummies guide to acronyms" in case someone has never seen a videogame before. It's unlikely to be useful, but it's not negative either.

@Just Don't Yes, any other frequently used acronyms should be added, even if they're not on the guide. Regarding your excellent points:

Spoiler

* What are essentially boob mods are, to me anyway, among the most confusing things to categorize, even for someone who has been modding for a while. I debated just labeling CBBE CBP SNP 3BBB 3BA as "this mod is for boobs, move along." (Yes, I know they do a lot more.)

* I also read that it could refer to "Easy Now, Boris!" after the creator, which I absolutely love.

* Good point. Added.

* I almost added this, but decided not to. I didn't know that XP32 doesn't stand for anything, but is actually the author's handle. It's debatable whether or not it should be added, but I feel like I want to stick to just acronyms and not explaining commonly used terms, mods, phrases, etc. That would just increase the scope too much for me to want to mess with. I play MtG a lot and someones the slang in that game sounds like an entirely different language.

* I knew there were some very basic ones I'd leave off. Thanks!

@user037951 Good catch! Regarding DynDOLOD updates, I know the author says to do it but I always forget and never have trouble out of it. Probably best to load a save indoors, but that's all I do.