Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

It is said there's a light at the end of the tunnel. 

I'd say its the lighted exit sign over the door.

The last three days i've been crisscrossing the map (only Solitude and the college are missing), reran DynDOLOD several more times, and i'm almost finished. You propably won't even notice it, but there are two textures left that are only almost correct and i'll try to fix them tomorrow.

Other than that i'm finished (only have to do the update) and might actually be able to play the game...

I'd say today i earned myself a little treat. An irish coffee and some cookies sounds good... smiley_coffee.gif.635c5118fa7bc2bab3b483ab9b53e33b.gif

Edited by Aylis
3 hours ago, ascendentkunglao said:

@alaunus01 Thanks I tried that and for some odd reason it won't disable at all, like the command doesn't work on the two chairs.  

That's strange. Can you disable/enable other stuff? Do the chairs show up through console targeting at all? If disable/enable works AND you are not able to prid those chairs at all the only other thing I can think of is that one of the room upgrades failed. If I recall correctly house upgrades are their own objects which are a pain to sort out. With oldrim I had to deal with a failing house upgrade in markath that forced me to uninstall the house mod, buy the markath home, fully upgrade it and then apply the house mod again else I would end up with artifacts. If that doesn't help maybe get a different breezehome mod. ?

14 hours ago, Aylis said:

Updated the pic for the 'ESM/ESL Loadorder'. Done 

Reveal hidden contents

560798983_ESM-ESLSkyrim.jpg.7e4602ea73fdf2af815282174a6e8d67.jpg

@Aylis Some of these master plugins don't seem to appear in the listings and a couple may be missing:

Missing:

Landscape and Water Fixes ( a master for Lightened Skyrim - merged.esp)

SkyUI_SE.esp

Unlisted:

Improved Mountain LOD and Z Fight Patch.esp 
    Smooth Weapon.esm
    Vanilla Script MicroOptimizations.esl  
    Peacekeeper Armour.esl 

Apologies if I'm missing something, its late here.

Edited by Temphyx

@user037951

So far it didn't impact the FPS in a meaningful way. Even on my old card.

@Temphyx

See post #7493 and #7515.

There's no missing master. 'Recommended' isn't 'Required' and it works fine without it. ?

And SkyUI (neither an ESM or ESL) has been in the guide for years now.

Edited by Aylis

Ran a test game for about an hour with Elephant's Script Latency tester.  I'm getting script latencies from about 150 to over 300.  The mod's description says - "Positive numbers range from 60-80 according to Google, while most people agree everything above 120-140 should be considered problematic, and everything beyond 200ms harmful to script stability."  Sp I should look for ways to reduce latency.  I've dropped footprints, and SL Drunk Redux and Conditional Expressions.  I guess my next test will see if that is enough or if I have to drop more.

I'll also have to double check my load order for errors as I was getting arrows that had no texture.  I might have something in the wrong order.

Edit - Not Conditional Expressions, I removed EVG's Conditonal Idles.

Edited by axz2
8 hours ago, Aylis said:

@Temphyx

See post #7493 and #7515.

There's no missing master. 'Recommended' isn't 'Required' and it works fine without it. ?

And SkyUI (neither an ESM or ESL) has been in the guide for years now.

Interesting, I was just assuming the screen shot referred to the completed page one v3.2.3 listings.  So things are still in flux; looking forward to your DynDOLOD 3 version.

Is there a config file for No Grass?  I thought it might be among the downloads. [Edit: Saw the ToDo note.

Also, learned something: you're saying you load SkyUI_SE.esp lower down among the other .esp's despite the fact that MO2 displays it in bold like other masters. 

Hadn't noticed/thought of that.

Thanks

(Happy to see SkyHUD making an appearance, enjoyed it for years.  Very useful for reorganizing your hud and getting hud elements out of your center field of view, esp. for SL scenes.)

Edited by Temphyx
2 hours ago, Temphyx said:

Interesting, I was just assuming the screen shot referred to the completed page one v3.2.3 listings.  So things are still in flux; looking forward to your DynDOLOD 3 version.

Is there a config file for No Grass?  I thought it might be among the downloads. [Edit: Saw the ToDo note.

Also, learned something: you're saying you load SkyUI_SE.esp lower down among the other .esp's despite the fact that MO2 displays it in bold like other masters. 

Hadn't noticed/thought of that.

Thanks

(Happy to see SkyHUD making an appearance, enjoyed it for years.  Very useful for reorganizing your hud and getting hud elements out of your center field of view, esp. for SL scenes.)

Any SkyHUD preset you'd recommend?

Previous Update

Updating status to '3.2.4'.

Yes, the modlist on page #1 has also been updated.

Switch to DynDOLOD 3.0 and some fixes.

This should be the last major change (and finally (!) my last rerun of DynDOLOD ?) for quite some time. An already existing char showed no problems. So for now i'll only focus on bugfixes, should a ?still dare to show up, and small improvements. Additional quests or changes/updates to vanilla quests are an option too.

RERUN for an update:

JK's Interiors Patch Collection

Wrye Bash

DynDOLOD (i recommend a full run)

On an existing save i recommend a run of 'FallrimTools'. But ONLY for the 'Unattached instances' as the rest will sort itself out.

Removed/deactivated mods

Spoiler

Foundation

DynDOLOD Resources SE                                                               Gets replaced with a version for DynDOLOD 3

The Jedi Trees                                                                                 Removed as it illegally uses content from 'Unity Engine'. 

Majestic Landscapes - XLODGen                                                    Causes a visual bug

Area

White River Watch - Revisited                                                        'Hidden' bandit outlook with a very visible extended exterior setup near a patrolled road? No!

Hearthfires Stairs Railings                                                               Gets too cluttered downstairs

Textures

Ruins Clutter Improved                                                                  Redundant

Snowberries                                                                                    Found a better one

Snowberries HD Texture Option                                                     Redundant

Rapid Rocks                                                                                    Causes a visual bug

Weather and Lighting

Improved Rain and Fog for Cathedral Weathers                            Getting too dark with the upgraded ENB

Medieval Silverworks STAC Patch                                                   Redundant

SD's Horn Candles SE - STAC Patch (subtle version)                              ''

DVLaSS Skyrim Underside                                                              Not needed anymore

Patches

JK's Arnleif and Sons Trading Company - WS Patch                       Now combined in a FOMOD No need to replace them if you have the loose files

JK's Mistveil Keep - Window Shadows Patch                                                         ''

JK's Silver-Blood Inn - Window Shadows Patch                                                     ''

JK's The Hag's Cure - Window Shadows Patch                                                      ''

JK's The Temple of Mara - Window Shadows Patch                                               ''

JK's Understone Keep - Window Shadows Patch                                                   ''

Animated Forge Water                                                                     Causes a visual bug

Rudy ENB DVLaSS ini                                                                       Not needed anymore

Shiny Wet Rocks Fix                                                                         Not needed anymore

Smooth Shores (Grass and Ground Remastered)                            Seemingly abandoned. Removal is recommended in the forum of DynDOLOD.

Added/moved/renamed mods

Spoiler

Foundation

Vanilla Script (micro)Optimizations                                                This is a stealth mod - you propably won't even notice it

DynDOLOD Resources                                                                    Updated link

HD LODs Textures SE                                                                      Moved within the group

Enhanced Vanilla Trees - Lush Trees                                               Replacement for 'The Jedi Trees'

Reach Tree Replacer SSE                                                                                    ''

Enhanced Landscapes - Oaks Mixed Greens SSE                                               ''

Green and Lush Aspen Trees SE                                                                         ''

Alpine Forest of Whiterun Valley                                                    Moved within the group

Cathedral - Improved Mountain LOD and Z Fight Patch (WIP)      Better 'outer' mountains

Majestic Mountains DynDoLod 3 Pack                                           Upgraded LOD files

UI

SkyHUD                                                                                           Offers several options for the HUD

Petrol's Map Markers                                                                      Icons

Smaller Map Markers for SkyUI 5.2                                                 Moved within the group

Area

JK's Riverwood Trader                                                                     More JK

Shrine to Kyne - Bugfix                                                                   Bugfix for DynDOLOD 3

Heljarchen Bedroom Doors                                                            Adding doors to your home

Windstad Bedroom Doors                                                                                    ''

Textures

HD Better Bloody Rags                                                                   Small texture update

Optimized Snowberries 3D                                                             Replaces two mods and looks imo better

RUSTIC RELIEFS - PARALLAX                                                           Update

Armor

Peacekeeper Armour                                                                       The update makes it valid again

Quests

Away, Come Away - Bugfix                                                             Bugfix for DynDOLOD 3

Override

Odin - Summons Redone                                                               Improved visuals

Odin Cleaned Textures                                                                                 ''

Sound

Yggdrasil Music and SoundFX Overhaul                                         Still not sure if i hate or like it.

Battle Horn Level Up                                                                       I prefer it to the standard sound.

Weather and Lighting

Radiant - Candles                                                                            Best lighting for candles so far and makes two patches redundant

Patches

Window Shadows - Patches for JK's Interiors                                 Combining the separate files into a FOMOD No need to replace the loose files

Improved Sparks                                                                             Improved visuals

USMP - Evolution patch                                                                  Compatibility patch

USMP - Guard Dialogue Overhaul Patch                                                      ''

USMP - Mannequins Revamped patch                                                         ''

USMP - Relationship Dialogue Overhaul patch                                            ''

USMP - Timing is Everything patch                                                              ''

Water for ENB USSEP and Location Patches                                                 ''

?Make sure to get the right color.

Rally's Water Foam                                                                          Improves the waterfalls

Working on

Spoiler

Snow Veil Sanctum Key                                                                  Got to level up for this one

HD Crystal Golems                                                                         Same

Equip Enchantment Fix                                                                   How to check a bug that doesn't seem to affect you? ?

Marked Treasure                                                                             Couldn't trigger it yet...

More JK?

div. Patches

Tools

Another useful addition to our set of tools.

Delete Orphan Save Files

Added/reworked entries

Antivirus Settings (Post #3)

DynDOLOD (Post #3)

Grass cache (Post #3)

Upload

No Grass In Objects - Config

Edited by Aylis
  • Aylis changed the title to Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.4 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Found that I wasn't using Aylis's ini files (maybe I copied them to the my documents folder but not the profile folder in MO2), maybe that will help with script lag.  Copying those files over means I lose the disable depth of field setting, so I probably won't test that out the way someone asked me to.  I could just change the setting again, but apparently its better to disable DOF in the ENB.

Also I made a couple of modifications.  In SkyrimPrefs.ini I set Gamepad=0 and Gamepadrumble=0 based on a recommendation in a video and the fact that I'm not using a gamepad.

Also, although this won't give a performance benefit, I added fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist=12288.0000 to skyrim.ini under [Actor].  That increases the maximum an arrow can hit something.  That many units is equal to 192 yards which isn't unreasonable (might be hard to hit at that distance but the setting doesn't automatically make you hit things, and great distances its easy to miss in Skyrim as well as real life).  It might actually have a slight performance hit.  Its not directly a setting for arrow distances, apparently it increases the area calculated for AI pathfinding but doing that somehow increases arrow range.   The default is 4096 units or 192 ft, so its only a tripling of possible hit distances its not like your going to hit someone half way across the map. 

I should use the FPS counter in the ENB next time I test to see how that's doing.  Since my test last night I did drop shadow distance (from 10000 to 5000) which should help a bit.

If anyone has any other performance tweaks ideas for FPS or esp. for script lag, I'd appreciate it.  If the changes I've made so far don't help much, and I don't get any other ideas  the next step would be removing more mods.  (Maybe Dripping when aroused or maybe I could just reduce its cloak even further).   Maybe reduce grass density. 

2 hours ago, Aylis said:

Previous Update

Updating status to '3.2.4'.

Yes, the modlist on page #1 has also been updated.

Switch to DynDOLOD 3.0 and some fixes.

RERUN for an update:

JK's Interiors Patch Collection

Wrye Bash

DynDOLOD (i recommend a full run)

On an existing save i recommend a run of 'FallrimTools'. But ONLY for the 'Unattached instances' as the rest will sort itself out.

Removed/deactivated mods

Reveal hidden contents

Foundation

DynDOLOD Resources SE                                                               Gets replaced with a version for DynDOLOD 3

Area

White River Watch - Revisited                                                        'Hidden' bandit outlook with a very visible extended exterior setup near a patrolled road? No!

Hearthfires Stairs Railings                                                               Gets too cluttered downstairs

Textures

Snowberries                                                                                    Found a better one

Snowberries HD Texture Option                                                     Redundant

Rapid Rocks                                                                                    Causes a visual bug

Weather and Lighting

Improved Rain and Fog for Cathedral Weathers                            Getting too dark with the upgraded ENB

Medieval Silverworks STAC Patch                                                   Redundant

SD's Horn Candles SE - STAC Patch (subtle version)                              ''

DVLaSS Skyrim Underside                                                              Not needed anymore

Patches

JK's Arnleif and Sons Trading Company - WS Patch                       Now combined in a FOMOD No need to replace them if you have the loose files

JK's Mistveil Keep - Window Shadows Patch                                                         ''

JK's Silver-Blood Inn - Window Shadows Patch                                                     ''

JK's The Hag's Cure - Window Shadows Patch                                                      ''

JK's The Temple of Mara - Window Shadows Patch                                               ''

JK's Understone Keep - Window Shadows Patch                                                   ''

Animated Forge Water                                                                     Causes a visual bug

Rudy ENB DVLaSS ini                                                                       Not needed anymore

Shiny Wet Rocks Fix                                                                         Not needed anymore

Smooth Shores (Grass and Ground Remastered)                            Seemingly abandoned. Removal is recommended in the forum of DynDOLOD.

Added/moved/renamed mods

Hide contents

Foundation

Vanilla Script (micro)Optimizations                                                This is a stealth mod - you propably won't even notice it

DynDOLOD Resources                                                                    Updated link

HD LODs Textures SE                                                                      Moved within the group

Cathedral - Improved Mountain LOD and Z Fight Patch (WIP)      Better 'outer' mountains

Majestic Mountains DynDoLod 3 Pack                                           Upgraded LOD files

UI

SkyHUD                                                                                           Offers several options for the HUD

Petrol's Map Markers                                                                      Icons

Smaller Map Markers for SkyUI 5.2                                                 Moved within the group

Area

JK's Riverwood Trader                                                                     More JK

Shrine to Kyne - Bugfix                                                                   Bugfix for DynDOLOD 3

Heljarchen Bedroom Doors                                                            Adding doors to your home

Windstad Bedroom Doors                                                                                    ''

Textures

HD Better Bloody Rags                                                                   Small texture update

Optimized Snowberries 3D                                                             Replaces two mods and looks imo better

RUSTIC RELIEFS - PARALLAX                                                           Update

Armor

Peacekeeper Armour                                                                       The update makes it valid again

Quests

Away, Come Away - Bugfix                                                             Bugfix for DynDOLOD 3

Weather and Lighting

ENB Particle Glow - Candles (Luminosity or Window Shadows)     Best lighting for candles so far and makes two patches redundant

Patches

Window Shadows - Patches for JK's Interiors                                 Combining the separate files into a FOMOD No need to replace the loose files

USMP - Evolution patch                                                                  Compatibility patch

USMP - Guard Dialogue Overhaul Patch                                                      ''

USMP - Mannequins Revamped patch                                                         ''

USMP - Relationship Dialogue Overhaul patch                                            ''

USMP - Timing is Everything patch                                                              ''

Water for ENB USSEP and Location Patches                                                 ''

?Make sure to get the right color.

Rally's Water Foam                                                                          Improves the waterfalls

Working on

Hide contents

Snow Veil Sanctum Key                                                                  Got to level up for this one

HD Crystal Golems                                                                         Same

Equip Enchantment Fix                                                                   How to check a bug that doesn't seem to affect you? ?

Marked Treasure                                                                             Couldn't trigger it yet...

div. Patches

Tools

Another useful addition to our set of tools.

Delete Orphan Save Files

Added/reworked entries

Antivirus Settings (Post #3)

Grass cache (Post #3)

Upload

No Grass In Objects - Config

To do

Reveal hidden contents

Complete rework of the instructions for 'DynDOLOD'

Checking/reworking of the entries on page #1                                      ****

Nice! The new Particle Glow mod looks REALLY good, guess I'll rerun DynDOLOD today, after all. I've got one question, though: do you have Rally's Water Foam in Patches due to a Texture conflict? 'Cause It's already included in Rally's All the things. 

3 hours ago, akadeadpool said:

Any SkyHUD preset you'd recommend?

Not really, I just made my own.  It might take a bit to walk through the options but its a one time thing and worth it I think, to get things where you want them.  You're welcome to try mine and tweak it.  It might take a while to get used to since the E activation icon is set way off center to keep away from the focus of animations.

skyhud.txt

Edited by Temphyx
2 hours ago, user037951 said:

I've been using Less Intrusive HUD 2 with More HUD and Immersive HUD for a long time, is SkyHUD a better AIO solution or replacement for LIHUD?

There's no AIO that I'm aware of, I use More HUD and Immersive HUD as well.  Funny you should ask though, I was looking at Less Intrusive just recently and have been too busy to pull the trigger and compare them.  Looks like it is simpler to use, no idea about the range of options though..

2 hours ago, Ken_Scades said:

Nice! The new Particle Glow mod looks REALLY good, guess I'll rerun DynDOLOD today, after all. I've got one question, though: do you have Rally's Water Foam in Patches due to a Texture conflict? 'Cause It's already included in Rally's All the things. 

Exactly. WENB somehow ignored the textures, now it is looking better.

Spoiler

82959145_SkyrimSE2021-10-0112-15-47.jpg.a60e91f2357616205d7d31da97f6766a.jpg

2 hours ago, Temphyx said:

Mine is.

Hmmm, did i miss an update? Nope, no change.

2 hours ago, user037951 said:

@Aylis is there a special reason for not adding the "Lakeview Bedroom Doors" on the same modpage?

Its hard to add a mod that is already in the guide... ?

Edited by Aylis
31 minutes ago, trgdolors said:

Cathedral - Improved Mountain LOD and Z Fight Patch (WIP) has two choices of files to install:

Mountain Z Fight Patch

Mountain Z Fight Patch Compressed ESL

You have to commit to one of them per play-through. Unfortunately, JonnyWang has locked the comments. Can we install the ESL version? I am mid game, but have never installed that mod before.

I installed the esl version.   I might not be as efficient or thorough in checking as Aylis but if I run in to any problems that seem related to it I'll post about it.

@Aylis OK, I will go with ESP for Mountain Z Fight Patch. Too bad, but... yeah. Oh, and thanks so much for continuing to "push the envelope"!

@ascendentkunglao Did you mean the Window Shadows patches? Assuming that is what you meant:

On that I chose to go with the new ones because I think they will pick up future updates better. If you do that I found you have to FIRST remove the old patches BEFORE installing the new FOMOD version, then it works better. If you do it the way I am saying there will only be one entry on the left side of MO2 instead of six.

Edit:

@axz2 OK, I will hold off and drink some milk until the brave report back from the front lines. Thanks!

Edited by trgdolors
1 hour ago, Aylis said:

@ascendentkunglao

All new patches are in the guide. So what do you mean with 'variant'? I don't understand your question.

@trgdolors

Good point. This is one of the very few cases where i recommend the ESP. I'll add something to the description.

My bad I meant for Water for ENB, I chose the Shades of Skyrim variant?  It changes the .esp to a variant that none of the patches for Water for ENB has as a master.  The master of the version I installed is Water for ENB (Shades of Skyrim.esp)  

PS. Currently running into an issue with TexGen, 

"Can not copy resource textures\clutter\stockade\stockadeplanks01_n.dds to D:\Modding\Pre installation\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD 3\DynDOLOD-Standalone.3.00-Alpha-44\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\clutter\stockade\stockadeplanks01snow_n.dds The system cannot find the path specified.'

This is the message and I'm trying to find out what mod dictates that.

PPS. Checking out HD Stockade right now, can I get some clarification do I need all three stockade files and the matching doors as well?

PPPS. Now a different file is brought up, 

"Can not copy resource textures\architecture\whiterun\wrcitywall02.dds to D:\Modding\Pre installation\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD 3\DynDOLOD-Standalone.3.00-Alpha-44\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\darthwayne\castle\stonewall.dds The system cannot find the path specified."

Edited by ascendentkunglao