Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

@axz2

The file is the answer to your last post.

@Sk8rld

When you still have windows like this then it is NOT finished creating the lod.

@alaunus01

Already seen it. The gif which showcases the mod isn't really convincing.

@user037951

That looks good.

Dang, he released defeat... Now i have to recreate the build for OStim.

@Ken_Scades

That one doesn't work with DynDOLOD 3. 

Edited by Aylis

One could argue that it might not be a good idea to run two frameworks that try to do the same thing. And to supplant SexLab it would have to be far superior, case in point some people still believe shitty follower frameworks that haven't seen an update in half a decade are still 'the best one!!!!'.

Personally I haven't dealt with O'mods' because too much of what floats my boat only is available for SL. *shrugs*

What I've dealt with is a variety of mods that claimed to have the racemenu bodygen feature sorted out easy to use but never really delivered in a satisfying way so I defaulted back to mostly manually bodygen which is a metric frakton of work.

@Aylis The question kinda changed between when I read it and you did. Poster in question is on the right track now. At the time, yeah, it was overkill. In other news, I've updated my Morrowloot spreadsheet to be a lot more helpful, and included the locations for Skyshards. I'll probably have it finished tomorrow or the day after.

@axz2 We've discussed the issue here before. You can search for "bodyslide" and look back a month or more and it'll probably show up. Some posters have found a way around it. I just use Aylis's presets and pray for the day somebody makes a patch. It's frustrating.

@Thardrim @DarkDragoon197 Mine worked fine until it got to generating occlusion, then it kept crapping out (at the beginning of the generation, thankfully). I updated xLODGen to a newer version and it worked immediately after that. YMMV

@Ken_Scades No Grass in Objects Ini.7z

Or if you don't trust me, check Aylis's post about three pages back. It's not one of the official updates, it's one of the "coming soon" posts. Only use if you're not switching to DynDOLOD 3 yet.

Edited by wollboi

Also:

ATTN NEW PEOPLE!

How useful would you find (or would have found) an acronym list when you are/were starting out? I'm thinking about putting one of those together too, showing what the acronym stands for and also what it means.

Edited by wollboi
7 hours ago, Aylis said:

@axz2

The file is the answer to your last post.

I recognize its the answer, but I don't understand the answer.  I can't find "Bodyslides - RSE" with a cntl-f search through the load order on the first page of this discussion, a LL search of this discussion topic, and LL search of the whole site, a search of The Nexus, looking through the Bodyslide and Outfit Studio mod page on the Nexus, or in a general internet search.

1 hour ago, wollboi said:

I've updated my Morrowloot spreadsheet to be a lot more helpful, and included the locations for Skyshards. I'll probably have it finished tomorrow or the day after.

Wohoo! Now i get the information about the shard i still havn't found yet.

Would you mind making a separate upload for it that i can link to? Easier for you to make an update, easier for me as i don't have to change the part for it.

Mine worked fine until it got to generating occlusion, then it kept crapping out (at the beginning of the generation, thankfully). I updated xLODGen to a newer version and it worked immediately after that.

You just saved me a few hours. The occlusion was my last step to test. :)

It's not one of the official updates, it's one of the "coming soon" posts. Only use if you're not switching to DynDOLOD 3 yet.

The switch, for the guide, will happen with the next update. Even as an alpha version, which i usually avoid, DynDOLOD 3 is working fine.

How useful would you find (or would have found) an acronym list when you are/were starting out? I'm thinking about putting one of those together too, showing what the acronym stands for and also what it means.

Thats a great idea! Even i get sometimes confused with all the acronyms floating araound.

@user037951

Sadly it is becoming obvious that 'SexLab' is quite old. It is quite laggy and all the addons run a lot of scripts in the background. I had several occasions where the removal of a single mod had a very noticable effect regarding the gameflow.

There are only two mods that i wish i had for OStim:

OAroused - which will be available next month.

A patch for 'Dibella Sisterhood' - which propably will never happen.

The mod for the pubic hair will be afaik only 2D, so that one is most likely not that important as this is already covered in the guide.

I have to see what will come out of it. I'll propably end up making a split setup in the guide, so everyone can decide what they want to use.

@axz2

I can't find "Bodyslides - RSE" with a cntl-f search through the load order on the first page of this discussion, a LL search of this discussion topic, and LL search of the whole site, a search of The Nexus, looking through the Bodyslide and Outfit Studio mod page on the Nexus, or in a general internet search.

Was a typo 'SRA' is correct

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.7559b371b784594f9f74df709e8185f1.jpg

Edited by Aylis

@wollboi - Thanks for doing the Morrowloot spreadsheet.

A lot of stuff to look through when your just searching on "bodyslide".   I guess I'll just use Aylis' presets for now.  I've never even successfully used bodyslide or outfit studio (installed and and ran it once before awhile back but never did anything useful in it). 

I'm not new, and I do know what a lot of the acronyms mean, but so many get used so often, and I don't know all of them, so I probably would find such a list useful as a reference as well.

2 hours ago, wollboi said:

@Ken_Scades No Grass in Objects Ini.7z 3.24 kB · 1 download

Or if you don't trust me, check Aylis's post about three pages back. It's not one of the official updates, it's one of the "coming soon" posts. Only use if you're not switching to DynDOLOD 3 yet.

I'll try it out. Am probably going to rerun everything tomorrow with dynDOLOD 3, since, if this doesn't fix my issue, I'm going to restart with a completely fresh instance, just to make sure I'm not going crazy. Until then though, I might as well try and get that stupid thing to run through. ^^ ( the grass prechaching keeps running into an error in world 48. same cell and coordinates, too. The crash log always references JK's Skyrim (something about Wilderness) and the Skyrim.esm (Something about Prisoner). I'd upload the log and ask for detailed help, but it's late, I've been doing this for basically 4 days straight and I can't find the back-up right now. If your Ini doesn't help, I'll dig the crash log up tomorrow.

Also, regarding the acronyms, I think that would certainly not be unhelpful. (is that too many negations? xD) I'd actually be way more interested in a list of not only the acronyms but useful lingo and important terms in general. Took me way longer than I'd care to admit to realize why Wyre Bash calles Delinquent Masters delinquents, for example :D

EDIT: the Ini did diddly squat. Which only tells me that the issue has to be in me somehow fudging up the load order. Also, Correction, the Crash Log shows 4 possible relevant objects:

[  25]    TESObjectCELL(Name: Wilderness, FormId: 26001F65, File: `JKs Skyrim.esp`)
  [  50]    TESObjectCELL(Name: Wilderness, FormId: FF000B82)
  [  57]    TESNPC(Name: `Prisoner`, FormId: 00000007, File: `Skyrim.esm`)
  [  57]    PlayerCharacter(FormId: 00000014, BaseForm: TESNPC(Name: `Prisoner`, FormId: 00000007, File: `Skyrim.esm`))

other than that, everything is as it has been the entire evening. Multiple attempts at checking for load order issues, rerunning the various outputs and reinstalling about half of the mods, replacing the old files, hunting around in the nexus description and the corresponding thread but other than an obscure reference about a similar issue that I think I found way before I checked my own crash log and can't find anymore, I'm coming up empty. 

Has any of you got an Idea, what the mistake might be? I don't really have any idea left other than to start from scratch. (Given how often I basically combed through the entire load order and the mod list, that is actually not much work, now that I think about it, but I'm really just interested in what's going on at this point ... )

EDIT 2: Since I can't leave things well enough alone, I did another google pass and stumbled on that bot post on reddit about how the papyrusutil was bugged, so I'm running another pass, this time with Papyrus Util right above No Grass. Whether that works or not, I'm not sure I'll wait to find out before going to sleep, though. I'll sound off tomorrow if it worked. 

Crash_2021_9_28_4-19-26.txt

Edited by Ken_Scades

@Aylis I'm probably still missing some, especially from the DLC. I just went through SSEEdit and found all the cells with them and wrote others down as I came across them and added them to new rows in the spreadsheet. It's by no means complete, but it helps I think. I've also added one or two new rows for things that are of interest, but don't correspond to a dungeon. I'll upload it myself, that's an idea I should have thought of earlier.

@Ken_Scades Those logs look like Klingon to me. I would start with the basics. Make sure you're running the 64bit version of TexGen (and everything else). It'll prevent you from hitting memory issues. Check MO2 for errors, especially the Form 43 errors. You may have a mod from Oldrim by mistake (unless it's one that the list says to grab). That's about I can think of. And you disabled the two ESMs after running TexGen? The one time I saw behavior similar to what you're seeing is when I forgot to do that.

Edited by wollboi
4 hours ago, DarkDragoon197 said:

I guess I'll wait for aylis to update for dyndolod 3,  I would get half way thou and it pops a error about a mod.  Shrine2kyne, zaz 8+

Post #7391 solves those errors.

Just remember to update the ressources to version 3 too.

Edited by Aylis

Weird texture issue where the under side of the penis is completely missing, anything I should take a look at specifically?  It's rather odd check the photo, it's definitely NSFW!

Ps I'm guessing it might be due to the fact I didn't listen and used the physics add on for SOS, might be causing the weird issue?

Spoiler

678269012_TheElderScrollsVSkyrim_2021_09.27-20_54.png.a785c5e74edc19fbbfa8e7b91de687a7.png

Edited by ascendentkunglao
6 hours ago, Aylis said:

[...]

Sadly it is becoming obvious that 'SexLab' is quite old. It is quite laggy and all the addons run a lot of scripts in the background. I had several occasions where the removal of a single mod had a very noticable effect regarding the gameflow.

[...]

I have to see what will come out of it. I'll propably end up making a split setup in the guide, so everyone can decide what they want to use.[...]

To be fair it is quite easier to find some scrap when you have a couple hundred possible mods that build on a specific framework instead of just a dozen?

Take the defeat/submit situation. We have SL defeat, SL submit, various 'solutions' who try to merge those two, every larger SL has its own way of handling defeat states too (cursed loot / paradise halls). Same like some popular follower frameworks there are certain choices that haven't been upgraded in half a decade too. Of course it is messy.

And I am going to jinx your split setup now: It would be hilarious if the 3d pubic hair (guide still uses the sos addon solution right?) makes OStim think all the females are males too. ?

5 hours ago, alaunus01 said:

And I am going to jinx your split setup now: It would be hilarious if the 3d pubic hair (guide still uses the sos addon solution right?) makes OStim think all the females are males too. ?

I recognize that your joking, but I ran some test games with OStim and Sexlab setup  Didn't have that problem.  Removed the OSA/OSex/Ostim mod collection later to make room in my load order (running out of slots for ESMs+ESPs, the limit is 255 right?), and so as to not be running the scripts from both collections at the same time.

1 hour ago, user037951 said:

Gotta trim the fat my friend, let's be real some of those ESPs you got you have never even seen what they contain/do. Also worth checking their mod pages. I noticed some of the mods i had downloaded other users had ESPFE/ESLified the plugin and uploaded in the comment section. Could save you a few slots

I'm probably going to go right up to the limit.  Does MO2 give you a warning when its hit?  Right now I'm at 243.  Looking through my load order to remove one or two more mods, and I'm about to try converting an ESP to an ESPFE for the first time.   But there are a few more mods I want to add.

I think that there was a mod or two on this list where there was an ESPFE or ESL option and I installed the ESP option thinking I wouldn't have a problem with the limit (never have before, including with LE where ESPFE isn't an option) but I don't remember what mod or mods, and with the list pretty mostly installed, plus more, that's a lot check.   I might get another 1 or 2 there, plus a couple from removing mods, maybe a few more from converting ESPs to ESPFEs.  But I have about a dozen more mods I'm thinking about installing.   Then there is the bashed patch when I'm finally done with my load order, that takes up a slot two right?  (I don't think Dyndolod does but I'm not sure, haven't used it yet either).

The mods I've installed or are thinking about installing that are not in this list are mostly follower mods, or house mods or animal mods (added a cat mod, thinking a dog related mod or two), a couple of additional sexlab mods, possible a mod that affects friendly fire (either removing it from the player or another mod that adds it to enemies).  Thinking of Thugs not Assassins, Immersive World Encounters, a playable instrument mod, Dragonsreach Conversation Fixes (which is flagged as ESL so it won't take a slot),  Follower Death or Injury Chances, Staydown (followers who go in to bleedout in combat say in bleedout until you heal them or the combat ends), Valravn - Integrated Combat of Skyrim (if its compatible with SkySA), Improved Adoptions.

Thinking of removing the underwater mod from this list, and the blue whale mod, finding one house mod to pick to remove from my LO,  Ciri's Outfit, Rivendell Bow, Footprints, Dirt and Blood (not all of those but the minimum number needed to keep me under the esp cap).

I would move some purely appearance mods but they are mostly just textures or textures and meshes without an esp.

Edited by axz2

So anyone have any suggestions for what my options are for SLACS and the replacer (chose the dark one), it just seems to have that excessive glow in darker conditions or is it fairly common?  It looks really nice with fire or some sort of light source  Different replacers,possible editing of the file itself, changing installation of certain mods maybe might help?  

OBody is working. 

You have to be very careful what bodyslides to add and physics seem to be off. I already had several cases of gigantic torpedo-boobs. No, you definitely don't want to see screenshots (i'm not that cruel ?).

ORomance feels sluggish. That might be caused by the extension of the UI it requires. Anyway, that would be one mod i'd skip.

ODefeat is one i couldn't trigger... 

Edited by Aylis

Another thing that has bothering me a while now. Your CPU minimum recommendation is way to low. I had the pleasure to actually run this modlist on a FX8350 and boy was that horrible.

In my opinion anybody trying to get this to run on anything less than a R5-1600 or i3-10100F is just wasting his time. You still can get started with a decent 4gb gddr5 gpu if you really push it but the CPU needs more OOMPH. You still might end up with 30-40ish fps but with enough OOMPH at least those 30 fps are smooth instead of ha v in gt o dea lwi th cons t antst utters.

For those interested: No wonder I had issues getting things to work. I'm rebuilding the entire modlist from scratch right now and yeah. I downloaded some wrong patches. xD 

I'm actually fairly confident things are going to work out this time around. 

Since I'm beeing thorough, though, I've been wondering: The notes on YOT say to manually activate the Immersive Sounds patch. I'm confused about the additional Immersive Sounds + Odin esp you can choose in the FOMOD, though. Especially since the page before that has a dedicated esp for Odin 1.9 ... do I need the odin esp, the immersive sounds esp and the Immersive sounds + odin esp, only the dedicated esps or only the immersive sounds+odin esp?

@axz2 It will warn you when you cross the 255 threshold. You can also hover over the plugin counter on the right page and it will list how many ESMs + ESPs you have.

@Ken_Scades Just realized I have them all, and my load order runs fine so I would worry about it. They probably overlap. It's more important that you make sure to move the YOT one below the Immersive Sounds plugin. Wrye will yell at you anyway as a check.

Spoiler

Untitled.png.4ce0d009d8800b16b9fa275f44f906f6.png