Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

12 hours ago, axz2 said:

I'm probably going to go right up to the limit.  Does MO2 give you a warning when its hit?  Right now I'm at 243.  Looking through my load order to remove one or two more mods, and I'm about to try converting an ESP to an ESPFE for the first time.   But there are a few more mods I want to add.

I think that there was a mod or two on this list where there was an ESPFE or ESL option and I installed the ESP option thinking I wouldn't have a problem with the limit (never have before, including with LE where ESPFE isn't an option) but I don't remember what mod or mods, and with the list pretty mostly installed, plus more, that's a lot check.   I might get another 1 or 2 there, plus a couple from removing mods, maybe a few more from converting ESPs to ESPFEs.  But I have about a dozen more mods I'm thinking about installing.   Then there is the bashed patch when I'm finally done with my load order, that takes up a slot two right?  (I don't think Dyndolod does but I'm not sure, haven't used it yet either).

The mods I've installed or are thinking about installing that are not in this list are mostly follower mods, or house mods or animal mods (added a cat mod, thinking a dog related mod or two), a couple of additional sexlab mods, possible a mod that affects friendly fire (either removing it from the player or another mod that adds it to enemies).  Thinking of Thugs not Assassins, Immersive World Encounters, a playable instrument mod, Dragonsreach Conversation Fixes (which is flagged as ESL so it won't take a slot),  Follower Death or Injury Chances, Staydown (followers who go in to bleedout in combat say in bleedout until you heal them or the combat ends), Valravn - Integrated Combat of Skyrim (if its compatible with SkySA), Improved Adoptions.

Thinking of removing the underwater mod from this list, and the blue whale mod, finding one house mod to pick to remove from my LO,  Ciri's Outfit, Rivendell Bow, Footprints, Dirt and Blood (not all of those but the minimum number needed to keep me under the esp cap).

I would move some purely appearance mods but they are mostly just textures or textures and meshes without an esp.

@axz2 If you have never gone through and converted/flagged mods to ESL, you will be surprised how many are convertible. Its awesome and easy.

A couple good guides for ESL-ing:

Ruddy88 ESLify (maybe the most popular guide?)

AMON A COMPLETE SKYRIM SE GUIDE FOR GRAPHICS AND GAMEPLAY (its a full Skyrim guide, but has a pretty good ESL sub-guide, too)

Many follower mods now are ESPFEs. Many of the mods in this guide can be ESLed. Its easy to forget which mods come ESLed and which ones I did it myself, but here are my recollections for some you mentioned. Follower Death or Injury Chances is ESLed out of the box. The blue whale mod is ESLed for me (I can't remember if it came that way or if I did it). Dirt and Blood - I started with the full mod, then decided to switch to JaySerpa's light version of it. That is already ESLed, like most of his mods. If I remember correct the Dyndolod thing DOES add some non-ESL-able files, though.

Oh, if you are using Nethers Follower Framework (NFF), it has the anti-friendly fire option included. In fact, if you use followers, NFF does a lot for only one ESP slot. I think Defeat or NFF has the "followers stay down" thing built in as an option.

@trgdolors  I did use the eslify program.  Unchecked what the page told me to, and any mods that had patches applied to them or that I had doubts about and it still helped.  Also  found a mod that I had installed as an ESP that has an option to install as an ESL and I reinstalled it.

I forgot about how Nether's deals with friendly fire, so that's one more mod not to worry about (unless I decide to go the route of enabling enemy friendly fire, disabling that part of Nether's and having friendly fire all around but I probably won't)

So I don't think the limit is going to be an issue.

But on the off chance it is, do ESM's count against the limit.  I had, at one point (before removing a couple of things and turning others in to ESPFEs) over 255 in combined ESPs and ESMs.   It showed in the counter but I didn't get a specific warning from MO2.  Maybe the only warning is that you can see the number get too high if you know what it means.  The count for just ESPs was lower.

Edited by axz2

@Sinastra

Thats a different one and sadly not as goodlooking as the one i intend to link to. 

@axz2

1. Now it does...

2. There will be a few changes coming with the next update (but 'Go to Bed' is still fine).

One of the old texture bugs reappeared.

Spoiler

ScreenShot1619.jpg.60a63074ebc34c674a241af9e97e3b40.jpg

This will be a pain to fix (this seems to be a texture all OA want to modify) as this one is very sensitive to changes. 

@axz2 Yes, ESMs count towards the limit. The correct number to look at in MO2 is ESMs+ESPs: Active. I am not sure why MO2 doesn't let you make THAT number be the one in the little window. I went over the limit once when I was experimenting with stuff and MO2 did not warn me.

Some of the mods that have an ESL type option cause some problems. I wish I could remember which ones. I would be cautious with the "Embers XD ESL plugin", for example (actually I see there is new version with a warning. Hmm). If Aylis' guide says not to use an ESL version, I wouldn't use it.

@Aylis Ah yeah, I had checked the patch but apparantly been too stupid to remember to install the the new version before reinstalling it, thus of course not being able to find the patches in the collection. xD 

Also, I have got another question, since I can't seem to get this right this time ... I am sure I got Nemesis and FNIS to behave yesterday, but today I tried to rerun them after reinstalling the modlist with a clean install and now Nemesis keeps throwing warnings for the .hkx files that I'm pretty sure FNIS generated right before I tried to run Nemesis ... the warnings tell me that they are all about the non-creature animations though, so I'm not really worried about it not working since that's what FNIS is for. The thing is, I can't shake the memory that I didn't get all those warnings the last two days that I tried and tried to beat FNIS, Nemesis, DynDOLOD and the prechaching. Is that just my ADHD playing cricket with my short-term memory or did I do something wrong installing the animation packs? From what I can see they are in the right load order, all up to date, all the SE versions and all the same that I installed the last time ... 

BTW, thanks for helping me out, can you believe that I started modding skyrim last friday and still haven't played for more than a couple of minutes to ensure stability here and there?  Guess I know now why I kept telling myself I'd get to moding Skyrim "another time". XD

3 hours ago, J suzuya said:

How do you merge mods?? pretty new to this sorry for nub question

That is kind of the wrong question here. You only need to worry about how to merge mods when you deal with 'oldrim' or skyrim VR, because those are hard-capped at 255 plugins. Skyrim Special Edition is not quite that limited. SSE has a cap of 254 'regular' plugins and 4096 new 'light' plugins.

While not trivial it still is far easier to identify regular SSE plugins that easily can be loaded as light plugins before you start down the merge mods rabbithole. Check the Rudy88 ESLify link a couple posts earlier if you want to know more.

BUT if you really just started modding skyrim I would suggest you start somewhere else.

Just Don't made an entry level guide that explains the basics in more detail. If you are new to modding I encourage you to go through that guide first and then come back to this one once you are comfortable with the various tools.

@Ken_Scades

So far there should be only one of those animations left as i removed the one that only had such animations. Aka one error is fine, more than that and there's something wrong.

@user037951

Save yourself the time. That mod is incompatible with some of the mods in the guide and when you get really white mountains on the map then something is seriously broken.

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.8aeb921df8e88be1fae39412bd1d66a9.jpg

At least i found out what was causing the issues with the textures. Looks like 'Majestic Landscapes - XLODGen' got a few 'broken' textures. Got to update my 'Texture Pack' once i found all problematic textures.

Edited by Aylis

If someone has problems running FNIS after the last windows-update and getting the error 73 (....couldn't find DebugLog.txt): just set the whole MO2 Folder as exclusion in your windows-defender settings. I swear to god I thought i was getting crazy that I suddenly - with the same setup I've used for a year - couldn't run FNIS anymore (and nemesis). So if you have the same problems, make windows-defender exlusions. Or just deactivate real-time protection during that process. Cheers!

1 hour ago, Drakas900 said:

Does anybody have the old mod list because I was in the middle of modding the list and don't want to start over.

Which version do you need?  I have mod lists for v3.2.0 and v3.2.2 if one of those will do:

LL Mod List_3.2.2.txt LL Mod List_3.2.0.txt

There are some non-Aylis mods on these lists but they're clearly marked.

Edited by Temphyx

Planned changes This can still change!

Upgradepath for DynDOLOD 3

Mods to be removed

Spoiler

DynDOLOD Resources SE                                                               Gets replaced with a version for DynDOLOD 3

Snowberries                                                                                    Found a better one

Snowberries HD Texture Option                                                     Redundant

RUSTIC RELIEFS                                                                               Gets a parallax update

Rapid Rocks                                                                                    Made redundant by DynDOLOD 3

Medieval Silverworks STAC Patch                                                   Redundant

SD's Horn Candles SE - STAC Patch (subtle version)                              ''

DVLaSS Skyrim Underside                                                                      ''

JK's Arnleif and Sons Trading Company - WS Patch                       Now combined in a FOMOD

JK's Mistveil Keep - Window Shadows Patch                                                         ''

JK's Silver-Blood Inn - Window Shadows Patch                                                     ''

JK's The Temple of Mara - Window Shadows Patch                                               ''

JK's The Hag's Cure - Window Shadows Patch                                                      ''

JK's Understone Keep - Window Shadows Patch                                                   ''

Animated Forge Water                                                                    Conflict with 3D forge

Shiny Wet Rocks Fix                                                                        Not needed anymore

Smooth Shores (Grass and Ground Remastered)                            Abandoned. Removal is recommended in the forum of DynDOLOD.

Mods to be added/moved/renamed

Spoiler

Vanilla Script (micro)Optimizations                                                This is a stealth mod - you propably won't even notice it

DynDOLOD Resources                                                                    Updated link

Cathedral - Improved Mountain LOD and Z Fight Patch (WIP)      Better 'outer' mountains

Majestic Mountains DynDoLod 3 Pack                                           Upgraded LOD files

SkyHUD                                                                                           Offers several options for the HUD

Petrol's Map Markers                                                                      Icons

JK's Riverwood Trader                                                                     More JK

Shrine to Kyne - Bugfix                                                                   Bugfix for DynDOLOD 3

HD Better Bloody Rags                                                                   Small texture update

Skyrim 2020 8.4.5 update                                                                Quite big - can be skipped

Optimized Snowberries 3D                                                             Replaces two mods and looks imo better

RUSTIC RELIEFS - PARALLAX                                                           Update

Schlongs of Skyrim Uncloaked                                                       Update for SoS

Peacekeeper Armour                                                                       The update makes it valid again

Away, Come Away - Bugfix                                                             Bugfix for DynDOLOD 3

ENB Particle Glow - Candles (Luminosity or Window Shadows)     Best lighting for candles so far and makes two patches redundant

Window Shadows - Patches for JK's Interiors                                 Combining the separate files into a FOMOD

USMP - Evolution patch

USMP - Guard Dialogue Overhaul Patch

USMP - Mannequins Revamped patch

USMP - Relationship Dialogue Overhaul patch

USMP - Timing is Everything patch

Water for ENB USSEP and Location Patches                                   Compatibility patch

?Make sure to get the right color.

Rally's Water Foam                                                                          Improves the waterfalls

Checking out

Spoiler

Snow Veil Sanctum Key                                                                  Got to level up for this one

HD Crystal Golems                                                                         Same

Equip Enchantment Fix                                                                   How to check a bug that doesn't seem to affect you? ?

Marked Treasure                                                                             Couldn't trigger it yet...

div. Patches

Edited by Aylis

Following the instructions in the article at the Fertility Mode Fixes and Tweaks page I set up birth animations with the attached patch.  I tested it out, worked once for me.  Its not that hard to do it yourself but you should be able to use the attached file.  Anyone want to test it?

My test was only the PC giving birth but the animation should work for NPCs as well.  The animation is from Beeing Female.  If you have another one you like better, you can rename it to idlecoweridle.hkx and put it in the same place as the existing file in the mod.

It uses DAR.  I picked a folder number/priority that was reasonably high and thast I don't think conflicts with any mod in Aylis' list.  Easy enough to rename the folder if there is a conflict.

Fertility Mode Fixes Birth Animation - DAR.7z

3 minutes ago, J suzuya said:

Whenever you run fnis or nemesis when it says to make it into a mod and activate does that just mean you take the file from the overwrite and make it a rar file then just add it to mo2???

You'd just use the create mod feature within M02 itself should be a right click on the overwrite file upon running each program, ensure you follow the sequence from page 1.  I do the same sequence as discussed in relation to Creature animations working.

I have a 5700XT with 5600X on a 1440p monitor running it in 1080p resolution for the game.  Just trying to get reference for FPS for what you guys are getting in towns like Whiterun and Riverwood, I go down to like 20-30s (15-25 when there is rain) but across the rest of the game world it's roughly 35-45.  Indoors I'm at 59 but I'm just trying to see if there's any mods to directly address the city issue, drop texture packages down a notch,  running my monitor in native resolution,or could DYNDOLOD at 256 vs 512 make a difference.