Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Oh, now I understand what @ascendentkunglao meant. Its "Water for ENB USSEP and Location Patches...". In the "Water for ENB" FOMOD it has a (really cool) new option called Shades of Skyrim. The mod "Water for ENB USSEP and Location Patches..." does not (yet) include an installation option for that setting/color. On the mod page's "Posts" section there are a bunch of people asking about it. I'm using that setting (Shades of Skyrim) now, too, and really like it, even though I think it is still a little rough around the edges.

BloomAndGloom (the MA) has not updated that mod since May, but I see they are still active on Nexus. Maybe I will wait and monitor on that mod. If it takes too long maybe I will go back to Nordic Blue.

@Aylis As you may be aware, "ENB Particle Glow - Candles" has changed its name to "Radiant - Candles".

Edit: @ascendentkunglao You posted just before me!

Edited by trgdolors

@ascendentkunglao

1. Did you set up your AV correctly? 'Cause that is what is causing the problem.

2. Stockade only. No Whiterun, no SMIM and especially nothing with doors. If something is needed it is listed in the guide.

For Whiterun we got a texture pack

For SMIM we still got a texture pack

For the doors we got 'Glorious Doors'

@trgdolors

Thanks

Updated the link and the description. 

Hello, 

My DynDOLOD64x is not detecting the Texgen Output Folder even though it was placed in the MO2 Mods folder and activated. 

This has not happened with DYNDOLOD 2.0.

Is there something I missed?

Solutions I have tried,

Put exceptions for Windows Defender

Compressed Texgen Output is a 7z file and adding it into Final via regular mod installation using MO2

Running MO2 as admin

Edited by Spoolooni
5 hours ago, user037951 said:

How customizable is SkyHUD and how/what does it look like when you customize it? (is it easy for the average user?)

It's not made very clear on how it actually works on the mod page unlike LIHUD which as pictures of what the customization actually looks like.

Reveal hidden contents

17974-1528968820-1603645178.jpeg

LIHUD lets you move every object to any spot on the screen, whether it be rotating resizing or what not.

From reading the SkyHUD page it seems like it has the exact same features but I read online that SkyHUD does not have an MCM for easier configuration, is that correct?

Picture of MCM of what is possible to change to an alternate version, and also what is possible to hide, does SkyHUD feature better/more options regarding this? (I wish for example to hide the sneak crosshair at all times, it doesn't work perfectly with Immersive HUD as it pops up for a split second every time you crouch)

Opacity sliders for every object not in the picture, HUD position tab is just keybinds for how to move, resize, etc.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.61bc8047ea5bf98cb3a2ae8a4cf33d94.png

2 Pictures of 2 different setups that I've used which were created with LIHUD.

Reveal hidden contents

20210726142034_1.thumb.jpg.ed9382251c46e8e9797bbdd6d9f6fc1f.jpg20210818182248_1.thumb.jpg.98693793b74942891b28566485e76538.jpg

Wish I had more time to get into this with you but rl is looking over my shoulder here.  It's not unlikely that they have similar limitations since some hud elements can't be modified in certain ways.  As for relative strengths, I'll def'ly give it a try when I can. 

I'll attach the manual here.  Look at page three to see what SkyHUD can and can't change.  It's all done manually, there's no MCM.  If you would, let us know how it compares with the options of LIHUD.  I'm not seeing the sneak crosshair issue you mentioned.

Credit to the mod author, Fhaarkas:

SkyHUD Reference Manual 0.90B.pdf

@Temphyx Are you referring to your SkyUI_SE.esp on the right side of MO2 being in bold font? Mine is not in bold. My apologies if I am misunderstanding, and just taking a shot in the dark here:

I wonder if you have some flag set on it. If I recall SkyUI is one of the rare mods that appear to be ESL-ifiable in SSEedit without compacting, but you are not supposed to ESL it. I don't know if that (or something like it) would change the font, but I don't think that esp should be in bold. Perhaps look at it in SSEedit or maybe try reinstalling, but you might want to use MCM Helper to remember the SkyUI settings first.

Going through the Dyndolod instructions and II see - "Just unpack the main file where you have room for it (Just not the drive with Skyrim)"

What's the issue with having them both on the  same  drive?

Edited by axz2
1 hour ago, Apollonir said:

I'm brand new to Skyrim modding, and I've been running into issues that I think might have to do with my patch order. Could we get an exact order of patches that definitely works?

This guide works in the order Aylis provided. The only way you can end up with a different order is if you start going through the guide and in the two to three days it takes you to set it up Aylis does an update and switches something around.

HOWEVER

If you are brand new to skyrim modding I strongly urge you to first go through this guide instead. Just Don't explains the basics much more beginner friendly. Once you done that and have a rough understanding which tool does what you can come back here and truly delve in.

10 hours ago, trgdolors said:

@Temphyx Are you referring to your SkyUI_SE.esp on the right side of MO2 being in bold font? Mine is not in bold. My apologies if I am misunderstanding, and just taking a shot in the dark here:

I wonder if you have some flag set on it. If I recall SkyUI is one of the rare mods that appear to be ESL-ifiable in SSEedit without compacting, but you are not supposed to ESL it. I don't know if that (or something like it) would change the font, but I don't think that esp should be in bold. Perhaps look at it in SSEedit or maybe try reinstalling, but you might want to use MCM Helper to remember the SkyUI settings first.

Thanks for mentioning this  @trgdolors , I think you've hit it, it must have slipped by when I batch eslified a while back.   I thought I had excluded all the key mods like it and Racemenu.

Thing is though, I'm not seeing any downside to it at this point other than the typeface.  It works fine and can be moved like any esp.  It's easy enough to reverse, but do you know why you are 'not supposed to do it'?

I am getting infinite runs on grass caching, but I can''t imagine a possible connection there.

@Temphyx No, I really don't know why its "bad" to ESLify SkyUI. If you have time you could go look at Ruddy88's ESLify page. They may have discussed this. Maybe its OK to do?

@Apollonir Welcome aboard! @alaunus01 has some good advice. That other guide is a downloadable PDF with really good info I still look at for fixing, installing, etc. @Just Don't, the individual who runs that guide, is a much appreciated and respected person around here (thank you!) and that guide has continued to get small updates. I know this guide here is labeled as a beginner's guide, but it is probably at least medium level on difficulty.

Having said that, you have probably already done a lot of work. You may be able to use both guides to figure out how to move forward. For this guide, especially if you are new (we all were once), really read the whole thing, then follow it slowly step by step from the beginning. It took me weeks to do (real life and all). @Aylis' guide just got a few updates in a row (more than usual). It will likely stabilize now, but it is ever changing (fortunately). That is just part of the way this strange game and community works. Good luck!

16 hours ago, Spoolooni said:

Hello, 

My DynDOLOD64x is not detecting the Texgen Output Folder even though it was placed in the MO2 Mods folder and activated. 

This has not happened with DYNDOLOD 2.0.

Is there something I missed?

Solutions I have tried,

Put exceptions for Windows Defender

Compressed Texgen Output is a 7z file and adding it into Final via regular mod installation using MO2

Running MO2 as admin

Hello,

I found a solution and that is to turn off windows defender entirely. This is risky and I am unsure about it but it works.

I also noticed when DynDOLOD is processing, many of the file names do not "adhere to" to the desired naming conventions of DynDOLOD. So the large amount of warnings can be ignored I assume as the file names is something only the mod creators can handle.

1 hour ago, ascendentkunglao said:

Just finished my DynDOLOD run and tried to fire up my save but I'm crashing upon loading the save.  Anyone have any advice?

Hello Ascendent,

Have you tried using Fallrim tools and the instructions on how to deal with the instances? I also followed said instructions and it did not work so I ended up having to start anew as a last resort.

19 hours ago, axz2 said:

Going through the Dyndolod instructions and II see - "Just unpack the main file where you have room for it (Just not the drive with Skyrim)"

What's the issue with having them both on the  same  drive?

Not sure there is one, maybe it should read 'same directory'?  I've been running them from the same non-C drive for years with no problems.

Does anyone else want to comment on this?

I can't get DynDOLOD 3 to finish. Texgen was no problem. Keep getting the error:

Spoiler
[00:27] Error processing Meshes\architecture\whiterun\wrscaffold\wrscafguardtowerlarge01.nif: '-INF' is not a valid floating point value Skyrim.esm WRScafGuardTowerLarge01 [STAT:000684EB]

Tried adding AV exceptions to all the executables and folders. No dice. Google says this is usually a coding error, but if nobody else has run across I'm guessing that's not the case.

Edit: Tried disabling Windows Defender completely, still no dice. Going to re-run everything up to this point.

Edited by wollboi

Going through and making the new changes, and generally checking that my load order is completely correct.  I noticed that  Rudy HQ - More Lights for ENB SE - Bthardamz and Rudy HQ - More Lights for ENB SE - Soulgems (Patch) are completely overwritten, mostly by More Lights for ENB - Blood Splatter Fix.  (FXGlowENB.dds from Bthardamz is overwritted by Moths and Fireflies).

@ruunnaifira It means: In MO2, on the left side, un-check "Fores New Idles in Skyrim SE - FNIS SE". The guide used to have "FNIS Creature Pack SE", also, which would remained checked (if anyone uses it anyway).

@Temphyx + @axz2 Yeah, I have wondered about the "Just unpack the main file where you have room for it (Just not the drive with Skyrim)" as well. Sorry, no idea.

@Apollonir I should have pointed out in my post above the obvious: The Just Don't Guide depends on Loot to get the load order right. Aylis' Guide is a non-Loot guide, so negotiating both together can be a challenge. But the Just Don't Guide is great for teaching how to run this complicated stuff for the first time as it spells things out well.

@wollboi Good spot. I installed that Left Hand Rings patch but did not notice it is not in the guide.

@axz2 I have had that same situation with the "Rudy HQ - More Lights for ENB SE" mods for a while now myself. I have just gone with it, but... yeah.

@axz2

If you add your mod-update to the download section of LL i can add it to the guide.

Regarding the overwrites:

Q: I did not examine the mods' files before asking this question: does this make Rudy's more lights for ENB mods redundant?
A: No. I did not include the texture files. What you are seeing is rudy's mods making each other redundant when this mod is also installed due to all of them sharing the same texture.

Never needed the mod you mentioned.

@trgdolors

Yes, it will be much slower from now on (disregarding hotfixes for bugs). I found some mods i might add in the future, but those are all optional and not something that has to be added 'right now (!)'.

@Temphyx

I had 'infinite grass caching' when .net script (which btw. is at V17 now) wasn't installed into the game. You've seen the new entry for it?

@ruunnaifira

The answer is in the question: 'the main mod for FNIS'.

Is the 'for' wrong? Could be, as we say here, denglish... ?

@axz2 @Temphyx @trgdolors

You have to ask @sheson regarding the installation of DynDOLOD. I'm only repeating what can be found in the threads and he seems to be now actively blocking folders for the creation which have worked before with DynDOLOD 2.X (got an error message trying to use them in 3.0).

@wollboi

Didn't bother with the patch. The rings work fine so it doesn't seem to be needed.

Do you have another mod, besides JK, that changes the location? Could be a hidden conflict.

Edited by Aylis

@Aylis Thanks for the thought, .Net Script Framework 17.0 is installed and active so I guess it's something else, I'll look into it again when I have more time.

@ruunnaifira Not sure how that sentence could be clearer, it just says deactivate the FNIS mod and activate Nemesis.  Leave the FNIS output files active.

Cheers all...

Edited by Temphyx