Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

@bad5371 Shindara seems to be temporarily unavailable. It is one of nachtdaemmerung's mods. They moved here to LL, but have not re-uploaded that one yet. Likely it will eventually be uploaded. Unless someone else knows where to find it...?

Edit: I just realized Maelstrom - Norse Dungeon Quest Mod SE (by the same author) got an update in July to version 1.03SE on LL, though Nexus of course still thinks its 1.02SE.

Edited by trgdolors

Is it just me or is Engine Fixes missing its .ini file?  I remember it speeding up the wait time, but after updating it, doesnt do it and there is no ini to adjust settings.  Do we need to create our own now?

I also see no ini looking at the contents of the download on nexus.

EDIT:  Nevermind, it is now a toml file, instead of ini.

Edited by slough_monster
5 hours ago, Krimzen said:

For Rudy ENB Fixes is 'Night Eye ENB fix' from the guide supposed to be the 'Rudy ENB Night Sky' rar file in the mod's ADDONS folder?

Take a closer look at the pic you posted. Especially line 2.

35 minutes ago, wollboi said:

Looks like Skyshards has been removed from Nexus. God, I hate this.

I already added a new link. :)

But it is a P.I.T.A.

Your guide is excellent.

Regarding the mod Skyrim 2020 Parallax, I am in need of some advice. The 8.0 version is quite hard to find. I eventually found that it still exists as an archive, not supported by the author though. There are two parts and I suppose I must install both. But each contains a landcape file and you insist on the fact that we must not download and use the files for landscapes. Therefore my question is do we have to delete these files (and maybe others) in the tree tab or was it an optionnal file that doesn't exist anymore that you were speaking of? Is it possible not to install this mod or is it a hard requirement?

My blackblood marauders from The Ice Runner questline were all naked? lol Any idea how that's happening?  No armore whatsover, Ja-Ree, De-jaa, and all their lackeys butt ass naked...I just imagined them as nudist thieves group.  

Anyone have any tips with characters stripping and than re-equipping armor during sexlab scenes?  Really weird.  Thanks everyone!! 

Edited by ascendentkunglao
8 hours ago, Faelyrien said:

Your guide is excellent.

Regarding the mod Skyrim 2020 Parallax, I am in need of some advice. The 8.0 version is quite hard to find. I eventually found that it still exists as an archive, not supported by the author though. There are two parts and I suppose I must install both. But each contains a landcape file and you insist on the fact that we must not download and use the files for landscapes. Therefore my question is do we have to delete these files (and maybe others) in the tree tab or was it an optionnal file that doesn't exist anymore that you were speaking of? Is it possible not to install this mod or is it a hard requirement?

It's not really a hard requirement since MOST of the textures are replaced by things further down, the 2 files you need are about 3 pages back (i posted a google drive link to them, they are only the 2k versions, but they should fill in that you need nicely)

@Aylis Just find 2 minor mods that can replace some old mods in your modlist

- No Edge Glow - Magic and Transformations UPDATED ESL : just esl version of No Edge Glow - Magic and Transformations , save one esp slot

- Mannequin movement fix: this one seems implement mannequin fix better since it seems to fix the problem with mannequin pose random idle DAR everything you enter cell. Also this one doesn't have MCM, not sure it's a pro or con.

Ok so I'm up to the FNIS & Nemesis part. Can I still follow the same options shown in the guide even if I didn't install any creature mods?

Also do I still need to run BodySlide if using the downloadable Predone bodyslides from the guide? 

5 hours ago, Krimzen said:

Ok so I'm up to the FNIS & Nemesis part. Can I still follow the same options shown in the guide even if I didn't install any creature mods?

Also do I still need to run BodySlide if using the downloadable Predone bodyslides from the guide? 

You should be ok just running Nemesis.  Ignore FNIS.

If you use Aylis's bodyslides, then nope,  You dont need to run bodyslide.

As a side note,  I think bodyslide changed to put nif files straight into CBBE, so you need to change the settings to put them in either the overwrite, or straight into your bodyslides overwrite folder/mod.

Edited by slough_monster

For some reason I am unable to select dialog option with some NPC's, seems to be anyone who only has a single option to select, half of the books I have opened have no text and I have gotten a few popups with a yes or no option and no dialog.
I also cant load a save once I start playing, they all show up as corrupt but work if I restart the game.

My only deviations from the list are recorder & customizer, Inigo, and Marissa tails of troubles.

I installed Engine fixes & Parallax fix wrong.

Edited by Azriel_Alexander
3 hours ago, slough_monster said:

As a side note,  I think bodyslide changed to put nif files straight into CBBE, so you need to change the settings to put them in either the overwrite, or straight into your bodyslides overwrite folder/mod.

Think it was mo2 that changed to doing that, if the file already existed it would overwrite the original file with the new one, was in the patch notes quite a few versions back I think.

36 minutes ago, KhajiitHasSex said:

Heyo! A quick question, it says use V 4.0 for Skyrim 2020 paralax, but I can only see 4.4 and above, rest have been archived, is there something I am missing or does this part need to be updated?

EDIT: Also just to let you know https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/46065 has been hidden on nexus for now

It says use v8.0 and you can find a download for the 2K resolution of it on this post

16 hours ago, slough_monster said:

Are the FNIS patches from the guide for 'Gender Specific Animations', 'Skeleton Arm Fix', tktk 1's 'TK Dodge/Ultimate Combat' also available in Nemesis?

FNIS.jpg.543a99860f055f7b97e25927a8c34c13.jpg.36d930e053c6e8c89cbe10ec2938355f.jpg

Edited by Krimzen
3 hours ago, Krimzen said:

Are the FNIS patches from the guide for 'Gender Specific Animations', 'Skeleton Arm Fix', tktk 1's 'TK Dodge/Ultimate Combat' also available in Nemesis?

Hide contents

FNIS.jpg.543a99860f055f7b97e25927a8c34c13.jpg.36d930e053c6e8c89cbe10ec2938355f.jpg

you don't need the fnis anything if you are not doing critter sex at all. Nemesis is a direct replacement for FNIS, except for creature animations, so if you are not doing creature sex, skip fnis 

4th option down. Gender specific animations. Option 14 (priority shows 13) is tk dodge. It doesn't need skeleton arm fix patch as an option. it's run automatically

Spoiler

image.png.f295894151bd96878f40d8f7ff7771da.png

14 hours ago, Azriel_Alexander said:

For some reason I am unable to select dialog option with some NPC's, seems to be anyone who only has a single option to select, half of the books I have opened have no text and I have gotten a few popups with a yes or no option and no dialog.
I also cant load a save once I start playing, they all show up as corrupt but work if I restart the game.

My only deviations from the list are recorder & customizer, Inigo, and Marissa tails of troubles.

I installed Engine fixes & Parallax fix wrong.

You will also have huge gaps of missing land textures around forts and such (my game drive crashed and i reinstalled skyrim on another drive.) i forgot the game engine fixes and had all those issues plus huge missing textures around pretty much every fort 

17 hours ago, slough_monster said:

If you use Aylis's bodyslides, then nope,  You dont need to run bodyslide.

As @Varithinasaid it was MO2 that did the change, it "should" do your first bodyslide run into (output). Every run after that it puts it into the bodyslide mod you made unless you go tweaking the output path of bodyslide if it is an already built outfit, if you go adding outfits later then the new outfits get out into output and the rerun foutfits go into the bodyslide output mod you create.

1 hour ago, jaeos said:

you don't need the fnis anything if you are not doing critter sex at all. Nemesis is a direct replacement for FNIS, except for creature animations, so if you are not doing creature sex, skip fnis 

4th option down. Gender specific animations. Option 14 (priority shows 13) is tk dodge. It doesn't need skeleton arm fix patch as an option. it's run automatically

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.f295894151bd96878f40d8f7ff7771da.png

Are these warnings Nemesis gave me anything I should be concerned about?

900080013_NemesisWarnings.jpg.e8e4fe345a3150c0132107f5b0663aef.jpg

I think it's because from these oldrim form 43 plugins.

1759699945_Form43.jpg.e5d403e0d885dab4014071adbbf579e7.jpg

Is this normal? The guide said there's oldrim mods that are still compatible with Special Edition.