Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Capital Windhelm Expansion now has Skyrim Sewer patch  and Windhelm Gate fixes (alignment  fix for that gate to the slum).

True Storms Special Edition - Thunder Rain and Weather Redone      Incompatable

Uh, what? How incompatable is that mod. I see nothing problem with it.

1 hour ago, akadeadpool said:

Uh, what? How incompatable is that mod. I see nothing problem with it.

!!! Don't use "Improved Rain and Fog for Cathedral Weathers". My preset is designed for a pure Cathedral Weathers mod and for its volumetric effects. Foggy and rainy weather are changed by ENB and don't need to be corrected with external modifications !!!

!!! For the same reason, I do not recommend using Supreme or True Storms !!!

On 3/12/2021 at 3:11 PM, rodrigo2 said:

I'm not sure what else I can add.  I take my PC out for a test run.  As stated earlier, everything looks fine and everything appears to be running smoothly when all of a sudden, the screen freezes.   I then have to ctrl-alt-delete to turn off SSE.  I never have CTDs.  This seems to be the primary issue.

It's a stack failure, after i redid all of my LL mods to the current ones i get them about the time a scene ends, and need to ctrl+alt+del to force close skyrim. I just have not bothered in going backwards on all the mods in the LL section one at a time to find the Issue. But since it it tied to animation, i'm suspecting it's possibly baka or possibly the idle animations not playing well with the LL section. But since i haven't been able to actually do much in the way of playing (maybe an hour every other day)( i get up at 4am, drive to work an hour away at 5, get to work at 6, leave at 6 pm, drive home, eat shower etc, and go to bed at 9) I just haven't messed with locating the issue. To note. It's probably a script heavy mod that isn't on the "approved" list like deadly drain since it was a port from LE and the scripting wasn't really great in LE to begin with. My suggestion is go back and whatever mods you added that are not on the standard list, shut them off re-run fnis/nemesis if needed (deadly drain has 3 animations for neck biting/kissing) and try it from there, if you can play all day and not have a screen lock, add a mod back in. if you get screen freeze, that's the issue.

To note. no it doesn't always happen when a scene ends, it could be at the start, or even just running down the road. but it didn't happen until i updated some mods to the current ones and added baka animations. 

30 minutes ago, SlaveJuzz said:

Is it possible to make this into One big mod-pack? Maybe using ModOrganiser2 portable, just download once, extract it and it is ready to go?

No. What you'd need is something like Wabbajack, but I'm not sure if Aylis is willing to create and support a modlist in that format.

2 hours ago, wollboi said:

@akadeadpool It's literally already there.

Shit, you're right. That's 1 con for large modlist, it's hard to remember all mods you install.

Btw, anyone get a floating lantern in Windhelm market like this

ScreenShot0.png.3405dcd5c4985124a0ac3f038ebe4a08.png

I also notice several objects/terrain overlap in small alleys around Windhelm slum quarter. Feel like Capital Windhelm Expansion + JK Skyrim + Dawn of Skyrim don't play perfectly nice with each other.

1 hour ago, SlaveJuzz said:

Is it possible to make this into One big mod-pack? Maybe using ModOrganiser2 portable, just download once, extract it and it is ready to go?

It has already been discussed about 100 or so pages back as some people were asking for a wabbajack download, This mod list has gone through about 5 major and 20-30 minor changes since. (not including updates to the actual mods) And people wouldn't be content with "last major update" they would want it to be updated as soon as this page is. @Aylishas already stated that no.. not gonna happen. 

9 hours ago, Aylis said:

Testing:

Hide contents

Maidens of Skyrim - Serana 

Serana Dialogue Add-On

Serana Dialogue Add-On - RDO Patch

Serana Dialogue Add-On - SL Patch

Steepfall Burrow - Revisited

Ustengrav - Revisited

Somebody Else's Problem                                            Levellimit?

Was queen of the damned not acceptable? I found she's not such a pushover at higher levels 

Totally crashed after the last post. Need to get some food (and coffee!) and get my bearings...

Update will be coming tomorrow or the day after (i guess i'll need a day for testing and finetuning the next additions). Gonna do the last quest for the companions today (finally!) and then install the new Serana mods and start Dawnguard.

ToDo:

Check some beautification mods.

Update

Updating SSEB - Modified Skyrim configuration files

Instructions for Rudy ENB Cathedral Weathers (almost nobody sees his as they are way down). 

Redoing the 'Screenshot Section'.

ScreenShot1304.jpg.24adfc1f494a38c51b1334a00874b4fc.jpg

Spoiler

ScreenShot1306.jpg.ee8fd67491d1f52a31285b51603ec701.jpgScreenShot1305.jpg.b5c20a21628c8f975d78ca79c1f500a2.jpg

OK I've hit a couple snags in Physics & Animation. 

DAR - Go To Bed (Renamed)

This one seems to have an incorrect folder structure error? The mod page's install instructions make mention of dropping things directly into the Data folder, but from what I understand that means I can't continue to manage it with MO2, and it will be applied regardless of which MO2 profile I'm using. Is there a workaround for this? Something I missed? 

Movement Behavior Overhaul SE

This seems to have issues with gamepad usage, but I'm not sure if it's safe to leave in the load order right now. I'm trying to follow this tutorial down to the letter and for various reasons I cannot play the majority of PC games without controller input. Has anyone tested this particular modlist with a gamepad?

7 hours ago, unknownwake said:

This one seems to have an incorrect folder structure error? The mod page's install instructions make mention of dropping things directly into the Data folder, but from what I understand that means I can't continue to manage it with MO2, and it will be applied regardless of which MO2 profile I'm using. Is there a workaround for this? Something I missed?

The installation works fine here.

Can't say anything about profiles as i don't use them. Maybe there's something on Youtube...

6 hours ago, rodrigo2 said:

@Aylis

In the Physics & Animation section, I'm finding that the Better Female for XPMSSE  mod  that adjusts female wrist and ankle sizes messes with SexLab animations.  Is there any  way to get around this?

1. Havn't found an animation where it causes problems.

2. Not installing it and creating your own bodyslides.

The mod 'CleverCharff's Markarth and Dwemer Ruins' also got the silver bug. Looking for alternatives.

I like the look of the new slightly tarnished dwemer metal.

The dwemer automatons will get an update too.

Markarth textures work fine.

Dwemer stone textures work fine. They now look imo even better than before.

Somebody Else's Problem works fine, so it will be added.

I am currently watching SexLab Aroused Modular Edition as a possible improvement. No scripts but a dll solution and the guy doing the SSE conversion actually is smart enough to hook it into address library. There still is a minor glitch with certain devious devices scenarios but that shouldn't be an issue for this build anymore ?

+ No scripts

+ Arousal is handled much more dynamic. No more always up because of timed exposure

- MMC can be overwhelming at first glance and needs fiddling to be setup just right

- No puppetmaster arousal override

- Wrong place in the loadorder and you end up with almost instant 100 arousal

5 hours ago, unknownwake said:

OK I've hit a couple snags in Physics & Animation. 

Movement Behavior Overhaul SE

This seems to have issues with gamepad usage, but I'm not sure if it's safe to leave in the load order right now. I'm trying to follow this tutorial down to the letter and for various reasons I cannot play the majority of PC games without controller input. Has anyone tested this particular modlist with a gamepad?

instead of quick installing. double click DAR and you will have 3 options as shown in screen shot

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.63f448d2653217e2ba15bcd277c9546f.png

on the Data folder just below right click and you get a pop-up.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5e45c69710aad8b1989bbce1b3529613.png

click Set Data directory.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9d83bdd99742a3a6efdb59aa0b78ff52.png

see the green looks good at the bottom left? now install

I use a gamepad exclusively on skyrim except for the first hour or so (setting up mods in the jail) since i use things like sexlab deadly drain which uses the k and L hotkeys for vampire biting your sex partner. which is also the keys you use in sexlab for moving the actors around if you have alignment issues. (and you cannot assign keyboard keys if the gamepad is active) I have not had any major issues with it. 

No, if you drop the mod directly into your data folder it becomes exactly like hearthfire, dragonborn, or dawnguard. Unmanaged and always active. Since i DO use profiles i can say this. ANY MOD YOU ADD DIRECTLY TO THE BASE GAME FOLDERS WILL ALWAYS BE ACTIVE REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU WANT. I've used DAR since Sept of last year and do not have an issue. But keep it mind, if you disable it in a profile, FNIS and Nemesis will need to be re-run or everything will t-pose. It has animations in it, if you remove animations then your animation controller (FNIS/Nemesis) will need to be re-run. Since i don't use Nemesis (i'm waiting on creature ani to switch and firmly believe in K.I.S.S.) As far as Movment Behavior Overhaul, It looks like the author isn't even willing to fix their mod to support a gamepad, which was core game files from the beginning. TK Dodge will accept gamepad input from the analog stick to move your char that direction for the dodge but /shrug. If it won't let me use a controller, i don't really need it.

@Aylis are there changes in the first 3 groups? (foundationd/skse/UI?) it's as far as I got doing a fresh install (random stack failure finnally annoyed me enough yesterday)

2 hours ago, jaeos said:

@Aylis are there changes in the first 3 groups? (foundationd/skse/UI?) it's as far as I got doing a fresh install (random stack failure finnally annoyed me enough yesterday)

I'll remove 'Sewers' and maybe 'Improved Rock and Cliff Collision' too. The rest of the three groups stays as it is. 

3 hours ago, alaunus01 said:

I am currently watching SexLab Aroused Modular Edition as a possible improvement.

Got an eye on that one too. Atm it falls into the category 'Later™'.

8 minutes ago, Aylis said:

I'll maybe remove 'Improved Rock and Cliff Collision'. The rest of the three groups stays as it is. 

Got an eye on that one too. Atm it falls into the category 'Later™'.

Actually i was going to ask something similar to that, i usually download the files manually AND directly into MO2. 

But since next update you will remove a lot of mods would you recomend me to do a fresh install from 0? (as: start the install guide againt, from the first mod) 

22 minutes ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

But since next update you will remove a lot of mods would you recomend me to do a fresh install from 0? (as: start the install guide againt, from the first mod) 

Thats not really needed. Simply delete the ones i listed and move the new ones into position. If you're worried about the LO, then simply deactivate all (rightclick in the left list) and reactivate them one by one.

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.a913d81e983dfc6367107624bf61de4f.jpg

This gets too big for my taste. I'll make an update now (before it grows even more). Worst case i have to add a hotfix, but i have been almost everywhere (Markarth was the last normal place to check) and i hope *knocks on wood* Dawnguard is without issues. 

Previous Update

Updating status to '3.1.5'.

Yes, the modlist on page #1 has also been updated.

Bugfixes for a lot of visual issues (like the glowing animals). 

As i already said before: one small change can have consequences elsewhere. But to be honest i didn't expect one mod having such a widespread impact on the game. The good thing about it, even if it costed me a few days, is that the game now looks even better (only some minor details in the video are different).

RERUN for an update:

QUASIPC - Qwinn's Unified Automated Self Installing Patch Compendium

lilebonymace's patches

DynDOLOD (only the first three steps)

REMOVED mods:

Spoiler

Foundation

Skyrim Sewers                                                                                         Causes broken radiant quests

Textures

Jazbay Grapes                                                                                         Glows in the dark.

Jazbay Grapes - Hearthfire Planters                                                       Not needed anymore

CleverCharff's Caves                                                                               Got the 'Silver Bug' (aka 'black Face Bug' for terrain).

CleverCharff's Caves - No green grass                                                   Not needed anymore

CleverCharff's Forts and Dungeons                                                        Got the 'Silver Bug' (aka 'black Face Bug' for terrain).

CleverCharff's Markarth and Dwemer Ruins                                                        "

CleverCharff's Nordic Ruins                                                                                 "

Skyrim 2020 Parallax - Mountains                                                                       "

Skyrim 3D Rocks                                                                                                  "

Skyrim 3D Rocks - Better Dynamic Snow - Patch                                   Not needed anymore

Realistic HD Ingots Remastered                                                                           "

Realistic HD Ores Remastered                                                                              "

Rapid Rocks Update                                                                                             "

Smooth Sky                                                                                                          "

Creatures

CC's HQ Dwemer Automatons - Remastered                                         Not needed anymore

Override

Wet and Cold                                                                                          Not needed anymore

Wet and Cold - Fur Hoods Fix                                                                              "

Wet and Cold Breath Texture for ENB                                                                  "

Big Backpack HD                                                                                                  "

Improved Wet and Cold Water Drips                                                                   "

Sound

Main Menu and Celtic Audio Replacers                                                 Flagged as incompatable It might be fixable.

Weather and Lighting

Obsidian Weathers and Seasons                                                            Not needed anymore

True Storms Special Edition                                                                    Incompatable

OW - TS Merged Compatibility SSE                                                       Not needed anymore

True Storms - Wet and Cold Compatibility                                                           "

Get Snowy - Fixed for ENB                                                                     Got something better

Patches

Capital Windhelm Expansion - Skyrim Sewers                                       Not needed anymore

ADDED/MOVED mods:

Spoiler

Foundation

Forgotten Retex Project
Misc Retexture Project

? Simply merge the update with it.

Retextured SMIM Ingredients

Blackreach Tentacle Mesh Fix

UI

Customized Improved Camera Preset

Textures

CC's HQ Enhanced Ore Veins

Skyrim Remastered - Caves

Caves HQ

Subgroup: Landscape

Spoiler

Normal use

Tamrielic Textures Landscapes                                                               Moved within the group.

High end/Screenshots (FPS)

Add the following three mods below 'Tamrielic Textures Landscapes'.

Hyperborean Snow

Northern Shores

Septentrional Landscapes

Grass Terrain Remade                                                                            Moved within the group.

Just Ice

WiZkiD Parallax Imperial Forts

Ancient Dwemer Metal                                                                          LE but works fine in SE

Ancient Dwemer Metal - FINAL SE VERSION                                         Merge the update into it

Ancient Dwemer Metal - GDOS Splendid Mechanized Dwemer Door  Unifies the textures for different mods

Dwemer pipework reworked                                                                 Moved within the group.

Retexture for Scrolls

Creatures

Ancient Dwemer Automatons                                                                LE but works fine in SE

Override

Somebody Else's Problem                                                                      Works fine

Weapons

Silver Edge - Silver Sword and Greatsword Model Replacers

Sound

Falmer Sounds -The Betrayed Remaster-

Weather and Lighting

Cathedral Weathers and Seasons

Rudy ENB Cathedral Weathers required files Part I

Rudy ENB Cathedral Weathers required files Part II

Improved Rain and Fog for Cathedral Weathers

Obsidian Mountain Fogs

Rudy HQ - More Lights for ENB SE - Torchbugs and Moths

R.A.S.S. - Rain Ash And Snow Shaders

Patches

Capital Windhelm Expansion - USSEP

Word Wall Transparency Fix for ENB

Gold to Septims

Subgroup: Rudy ENB Fixes

Spoiler

All fixes are included with Rudy ENB. See '.../Rudy for SSE CW/Addon'.

Night Eye ENB Fix

Rudy ENB DVLaSS ini 

Rudy ENB R.A.S.S. FIX 

Rudy ENB SE Fix for Blinding Fogs 

Rudy ENB Wonders of Weather FIX

Blended Shorelines - No more jagged water edges                             Moved within the group (Before someone complains about it again.)

Bright Waterfall Fix for ENB

Smooth Shores (Grass and Ground Remastered)

Important updates:

None atm.

UPLOAD:

SSEB - Modified ini for Rudy ENB                                                             Added the required changes for the guide.

SSEB - Modified Skyrim configuration files                                              Update for the new version of the guide.

Added/Updated entries:

None atm.

Checking out:

Changes/Bugfixes:

Spoiler

Glowing animals

Lighting bugs in the terrain

Abrupt dusk and dawn

Interior lighting

Striped shadows on the skin

'Oily' skin

General shadows improvements

Better integration of mods

Immersive Lighting

Dwemer metal looks older (without being too different compared to each other).

'Western Watchtower' is now fixed (which makes 'it's an engine bug' just a lazy excuse).

You can now see through some thick sheets of ice.

21 hours ago, wollboi said:

@akadeadpool The author of Capital Windhelm is still working out bugs. It gets updated pretty frequently, so it may just be not an issue with the load order but a bug with the original mod.

Don't know man. These texture bugs are usually the least priority consider the mod is pretty much functioning now. I think it's expected when you have 3 major mods modifying the same location.

About the Dungeons Revisited mods, my review is that they are wonderful for small dungeons like White River Watch or Halted Stream Camp but for long dungeons like Bleak Falls Barrow, it is very frustruating experience, especially for people who don't remember the layout of vanilla Bleak Falls Barrow.