Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

7 hours ago, Aylis said:

@ChwX

Could reproduce that error. Its the bodyslides for the wigs that cause it. Deleting them should fix the problem.

Thanks, but sadly it didn't work. I'll just bite the bullet and reinstall Physics and anims and NPC sections as well as ensuring that my mod list is on par with '3.1.3'.

But then, should I install the wigs? Do I build them in my bodyslides?

7 minutes ago, ChwX said:

Thanks, but sadly it didn't work. I'll just bite the bullet and reinstall Physics and anims and NPC sections as well as ensuring that my mod list is on par with '3.1.3'.

Hey, tell me your result when you are done. I have the same problem as well.

To anyone doing the latest update, remember to clean your save because removing Cathedral - Water Overhaul and Bug Fixes could lead to missing mesh problem somewhere in world.

1 hour ago, rodrigo2 said:

Okay, so....

You copy 'mountainslab01.dds  rename the copy and put the renamed copy back in the same folder containing 'mountainslab01.dds?

So, you are German?  Where from?  I actually spent 9 months in Germany with the US military close to 10 years ago.  (Sadly, I didn't have the chance to learn German.  What few German words I know, I learned from "Castle Wolfenstein." lol )

Not quite, but that should work too. ;)

I live in Düsseldorf (the city with the longest bar in the world) *hic*

46 minutes ago, ChwX said:

I'll just bite the bullet and reinstall Physics and anims and NPC sections as well as ensuring that my mod list is on par with '3.1.3'.

Updating is a good idea, but you only make sure that you have the wigs and the patches installed (see the description of 'High Poly NPC Overhaul').

Don't build bodyslides for them! Those cause this problem.

35 minutes ago, akadeadpool said:

To anyone doing the latest update, remember to clean your save because removing Cathedral - Water Overhaul and Bug Fixes could lead to missing mesh problem somewhere in world.

FallRim Tools didn't show anything. The meshes and textures get replaced by newer versions. You only get a message after loading an older save. This is one of the rare cases where it just works.

Uploaded 'SSEB - Batches and Patches'. The links in the guide already point to the new target.

The update to the 'Textures Patch' is REQUIRED for the new mountain textures to work properly.

2 hours ago, Bulldog5769 said:

Anyone else having trouble with Alpine Forest of Whiterun Valley?

It showing in MO2 as a false flagged ESM file and won't let me movie to the right slot.  I've downloaded the

file twice now and still showing up as bold face ESP file.

No problem. You did check the picture in the entry 'Installation', right? Had to update that one twice today...

41 minutes ago, wollboi said:

Getting a couple of bald NPCs.

Recheck the installation of the wigs (especially KS Hairdos - HDT SMP (Physics)).

Hello everyone,

I recently started to have severe fps drop problems with my modded sse, which appear to happen randomly and are not associated to particulary NPC heavy areas/high resolution areas. Neither my hardware, nor my mod list changed notably since the problems started. Automated skyrim updates are deactiveated and I deactivated all supposedly script heavy mods (e.g. populated dungeons, immersive creatures, immersive NPCs) and also performance heavy mods (like fauna overhaul, lightning overhaul, dust effects). I also used the fallrim cleaner tool to continue with a cleaner file, but nothing helped. I am currently following these possibilities:

I made the accident to install geforce experience, which "optimized" the game setting and made perfomance a mess but I removed it again and went back to my normal settings. Is it possible that enb settings got messed up or sth?

The only noteworthy mods I've recently changed were updating demoniacs creatures and updating SD to the newest version. Anyone else using both without any problems? I didn't however bother to update the script extender. May this be a problem?

Overall, I think it is most likely sth. script related, since it is so random and sometimes was triggered by e.g. a cursed loot event (which version stayed unchanged since ages).

Any other ideas would also be appreciated!

Many thanks!

45 minutes ago, Aylis said:

Oooops!

'Better Whiterun' was in the wrong spot of the list. Fixed in the list and added to the last 'Status Update'.

Thanks for the info. And welcome here at LL (and in the thread). :)

Better Whiterun is still below Parallax Street in the list. Think it should be the other way around.

@saiermann Do you have the list's ENB ini files added to your SSE folder and the skyrim ini files added to wherever MO2 is pointing to for the game's ini files?

I personally let Geforce optimize everything, then drop the resolution to 1920x1080, then drop the ini files where they are supposed to go.

23 minutes ago, wollboi said:

Better Whiterun is still below Parallax Street in the list. Think it should be the other way around.

You might want to refresh the page. There's a huge chunk of CleverCharff between the two mods. ;)

10 minutes ago, rodrigo2 said:

If something goes wrong with an NPC's HDT hair, what's usually the problem?  I think someone else had this problem too....

See post #5112.

Plus the bodyslides for the wigs. I reran those several times now and always got an issue.

Hi!

Well... after reinstalling all NPC and Physics and anims sections again, as well as rebuilding Bodyslide without Wigs I still ran into this issue. Don't know why, I'm no expert but the only difference with the list was "Simple NPC Outfit Manager", once I removed that mod everything worked.

Hope this info helps.

Edit: after reading last post. Yep, I skipped Wigs and hairs when building bodyslides.

Another edit: It seems to be random. I "fooled around" with no problems and suddenly once more it happened. ?

Spoiler

1103371951_SkyrimSE2021-03-0715-18-01.png.4dc7264dd525da751e00ac0ea3530dbe.png

1 hour ago, wollboi said:

@Jessica_Degurechaff Those are both old. Use Trees Addon Billboards for Dyndolod 2.0 from the optional files section. The author inadvertently uploaded the whole mod as the billboard, then corrected it but had to rename it in the process.

Oh yeah i know those where old, but since both where next each other it was easier to take a screenshot using them as an example

@Aylis @akadeadpool No luck figuring out what could be the problem with the hair issue on my end. I thought it was the NPC Outfit manager but after a while the issue reappeared. Seems to happen at random between loads though.

The things I tried:

Full reinstall NPC and Physics section.

No build bodyslides for wigs

No build bodyslides for hairs

No build bodyslides at all

Reinstall all HDT SMP mods

Installing all the related High Poly NPC mods on version 2.04 (Some are 2.06 or .05, don't remember).

@ChwX Does it happen 100% of the time? If so, start at the bottom of the list and disable a section at a time, then start a new game and spawn the NPC. Repeat until the hair behaves as it should, and you should know which section is causing the problem. Then enable mods one at a time until the problem happens again, at which point you'll know exactly which mod is causing the problem. That'll make figuring out the solution a lot easier.

3 hours ago, Sufther778 said:

@Aylis. Water for ENB should load after Blended Shorelines according to Blended Shorelines' mod page.

Thats right, but the way it is now works better with the list.

1 hour ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

Oh yeah i know those where old, but since both where next each other it was easier to take a screenshot using them as an example

There is only one current file for the Billboards so what is confusing there? Especially when i didn't write something about a specific version.

1 hour ago, ChwX said:

@Aylis @akadeadpool No luck figuring out what could be the problem with the hair issue on my end. I thought it was the NPC Outfit manager but after a while the issue reappeared. Seems to happen at random between loads though.

Try this first:  

On 3/17/2019 at 7:05 PM, Aylis said:

Physics cause problems

It shouldn't happen if you follow this guide but to be on the safe side i wrote a miniguide to check if the foundation works.

Effect: See title

Fix     : Check this thread here. 

If that works, download the files from SSEB - Predone bodyslides for 'Greek Goddess' and activate them.

If those files don't work you either have a broken download, missed something or the configuration is wrong. Then do what @wollboi wrote to identify the problematic mod and reinstall it.

Got some broken textures I'm trying to sort out still but this list is really solid! Thanks for the hard work @Aylis

Off chance anyone knows, but are there other mods in the list aside from the obvious weapon / guard armor replacer that may be affecting some iron and steel weapons and armor? Everything else in game is fine but most iron or steel gear (oddly not all of it though) are straight up twix yogurt right now.

Edit: i'm also only using resources from the list on page 1, so no untested mods until I get this 100%