Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

6 hours ago, milankovalcik said:

If I may ask what had replaced Wet and Cold in functionality?

RASS does what i wanted from WaC without the unneeded bloat (like all those overabundant clipping cloaks).

6 hours ago, rodrigo2 said:

@Aylis  I've completed everything except for Dyndolod & xLODGEN & Texgen & Occlusion.  Will the update you are currently working on mess with any of these?  (IOW, should I wait for your update before doing them?)

It should not have an impact. That is unless i find another 'Silver Bug' and have to replace more textures. Btw. my next rerun of DynDOLOD would be #292.

But now i'm off to catch some sleep. Have been on it (almost non-stop) for ~18 hours... sleepingg3i09.gif.cf1f2aa6e709848e9b64d52ecdf1b734.gif

@unknownwake I also play exclusively with gamepad with no issues. I hotkey some actions through the MCM to use the number pad, but everything else is on controller.

@Aylis Ugh, those cloaks. I have such a love/hate relationship with them. I gots ta have muh immersion, but when the characters ****ing elbows clip through the back of the cloak. Ugh.

Unrelated, there is a bodyslide mod for Serene Wispmothers now. Dunno if it deserves a slot, but thought it worth mentioning.

Reminder: Re-run Your Own Thoughts, JK's Interior Patch Collection, and Lilebony's Patches to get rid of the patches for the now-unused Skyrim Sewers, Obsidian Weathers, and Wet and Cold. Wrye will scream at you about these plugins.

@Aylis Think these purple notes were leftover when you moved Tamrielic Textures.

Spoiler

Untitled.png.3e88edafb7fe2aa14a1d7b99f66125f1.png

Also, should we still be using your ENB ini files with Rudy Cathedral?

4 hours ago, wollboi said:

@Aylis Ugh, those cloaks. I have such a love/hate relationship with them. I gots ta have muh immersion, but when the characters ****ing elbows clip through the back of the cloak. Ugh.

Unrelated, there is a bodyslide mod for Serene Wispmothers now. Dunno if it deserves a slot, but thought it worth mentioning.

All this. Plus the clipping with swords and boots while walking.

Was thinking about it, but i guess it is not needed. When you kill her she vanishes anyway.

4 hours ago, wollboi said:

@Aylis Think these purple notes were leftover when you moved Tamrielic Textures.

Also, should we still be using your ENB ini files with Rudy Cathedral?

That happens if you move files when you're half asleep. ? Fixed

Nope, there will be a new file/link (which is next on my to-do-list). Uploaded

2 hours ago, cloudmc said:

Grass Terrain Remade is completely replaced by Tamrielic Textures Landscapes no matter the options I select

Forgot to move it. Fixed

Updated SSEB - Modified Skyrim configuration files.

17 hours ago, jaeos said:

instead of quick installing. double click DAR and you will have 3 options as shown in screen shot

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.63f448d2653217e2ba15bcd277c9546f.png

on the Data folder just below right click and you get a pop-up.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.5e45c69710aad8b1989bbce1b3529613.png

click Set Data directory.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.9d83bdd99742a3a6efdb59aa0b78ff52.png

see the green looks good at the bottom left? now install

I use a gamepad exclusively on skyrim except for the first hour or so (setting up mods in the jail) since i use things like sexlab deadly drain which uses the k and L hotkeys for vampire biting your sex partner. which is also the keys you use in sexlab for moving the actors around if you have alignment issues. (and you cannot assign keyboard keys if the gamepad is active) I have not had any major issues with it. 

No, if you drop the mod directly into your data folder it becomes exactly like hearthfire, dragonborn, or dawnguard. Unmanaged and always active. Since i DO use profiles i can say this. ANY MOD YOU ADD DIRECTLY TO THE BASE GAME FOLDERS WILL ALWAYS BE ACTIVE REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU WANT. I've used DAR since Sept of last year and do not have an issue. But keep it mind, if you disable it in a profile, FNIS and Nemesis will need to be re-run or everything will t-pose. It has animations in it, if you remove animations then your animation controller (FNIS/Nemesis) will need to be re-run. Since i don't use Nemesis (i'm waiting on creature ani to switch and firmly believe in K.I.S.S.) As far as Movment Behavior Overhaul, It looks like the author isn't even willing to fix their mod to support a gamepad, which was core game files from the beginning. TK Dodge will accept gamepad input from the analog stick to move your char that direction for the dodge but /shrug. If it won't let me use a controller, i don't really need it.

Thank you so much!!! This had been haunting me and now I understand some things a LOT better thanks to your included detail!
And @wollboithanks for seconding the controller use. Such a relief!! 

Now to update the mod sections I'd already done with today's update before I finish up physics & animation lol. 

LOOT says something about turning on Compatibility Mode under Advanced for Storm Lightning to make it play well with Cathedral Weathers. Seems like a good idea (for once).

Game looks better than ... the last time I said it looks better than ever. Especially snow effects.

Spoiler

2015909640_SkyrimSE2021-03-1522-39-11.png.9366f397aaaf2184242a11f0d21c367d.png197432213_SkyrimSE2021-03-1522-40-15.png.039bda713d3a4f7309258bc6e197ee9c.png

@unknownwake Good luck!

@trgdolors

That one is of no use for us. Not a single patch it got included affects one of the mods in the list.

Odin looks good but seems to have some issues with higher level spells. Maybe later...

Sepolcri finally got scripts for DynDOLOD but its patch for DoS already requires the new version.

For some reason since I updated my mods to the new version of this guide my fire "glow effects" are squares, granted that this is most likely a failure on my part but I don't even know what might have caused it.

Actually, are we supposed to follow the install guide of Rudy ENB SE for Cathedral Weathers?

I pasted the enb files into the install folder like it told me to but mayber that caused it?

Ok, so it was because I installed Embers XD wrong.

On 3/15/2021 at 3:47 AM, Aylis said:

Previous Update

Updating status to '3.1.5'.

Yes, the modlist on page #1 has also been updated.

Bugfixes for a lot of visual issues (like the glowing animals). 

As i already said before: one small change can have consequences elsewhere. But to be honest i didn't expect one mod having such a widespread impact on the game. The good thing about it, even if it costed me a few days, is that the game now looks even better (only some minor details in the video are different).

REMOVED mods:

Hide contents

Foundation

Skyrim Sewers                                                                                         Causes broken radiant quests

Textures

Jazbay Grapes                                                                                         Glows in the dark.

Jazbay Grapes - Hearthfire Planters                                                       Not needed anymore

CleverCharff's Caves                                                                               Got the 'Silver Bug' (aka 'black Face Bug' for terrain).

CleverCharff's Caves - No green grass                                                   Not needed anymore

CleverCharff's Forts and Dungeons                                                        Got the 'Silver Bug' (aka 'black Face Bug' for terrain).

CleverCharff's Markarth and Dwemer Ruins                                                        "

CleverCharff's Nordic Ruins                                                                                 "

Skyrim 2020 Parallax - Mountains                                                                       "

Skyrim 3D Rocks                                                                                                  "

Skyrim 3D Rocks - Better Dynamic Snow - Patch                                   Not needed anymore

Rapid Rocks Update                                                                                Not needed anymore

Creatures

CC's HQ Dwemer Automatons - Remastered                                         Not needed anymore

Override

Wet and Cold                                                                                          Not needed anymore

Wet and Cold - Fur Hoods Fix                                                                              "

Wet and Cold Breath Texture for ENB                                                                  "

Big Backpack HD                                                                                                  "

Improved Wet and Cold Water Drips                                                                   "

Sound

Main Menu and Celtic Audio Replacers                                                 Flagged as incompatable It might be fixable.

Weather and Lighting

Obsidian Weathers and Seasons                                                            Not needed anymore

True Storms Special Edition                                                                    Incompatable

OW - TS Merged Compatibility SSE                                                       Not needed anymore

True Storms - Wet and Cold Compatibility                                                           "

Get Snowy - Fixed for ENB                                                                     Got something better

Patches

Capital Windhelm Expansion - Skyrim Sewers                                       Not needed anymore

ADDED/MOVED mods:

Hide contents

UI

Customized Improved Camera Preset

Textures

Caves HQ

Tamrielic Textures Landscapes                                                               Moved within the group.

Grass Terrain Remade                                                                                            "

Just Ice

WiZkiD Parallax Imperial Forts

Ancient Dwemer Metal                                                                          LE but works fine in SE

Ancient Dwemer Metal - FINAL SE VERSION                                         Merge the update into it

Ancient Dwemer Metal - GDOS Splendid Mechanized Dwemer Door  Unifies the textures for different mods

Dwemer pipework reworked                                                                 Moved within the group.

Retexture for Scrolls

Creatures

Ancient Dwemer Automatons                                                                LE but works fine in SE

Override

Somebody Else's Problem                                                                      Works fine

Sound

Falmer Sounds -The Betrayed Remaster-

Weather and Lighting

Cathedral Weathers and Seasons

Rudy ENB Cathedral Weathers required files Part I

Rudy ENB Cathedral Weathers required files Part II

Obsidian Mountain Fogs

Rudy HQ - More Lights for ENB SE - Torchbugs and Moths

R.A.S.S. - Rain Ash And Snow Shaders

Patches

Capital Windhelm Expansion - USSEP

Word Wall Transparency Fix for ENB

Subgroup: Rudy ENB Fixes

Hide contents

All fixes are included with Rudy ENB. See '.../Rudy for SSE CW/Addon'.

Night Eye ENB Fix

Rudy ENB DVLaSS ini 

Rudy ENB R.A.S.S. FIX 

Rudy ENB SE Fix for Blinding Fogs 

Rudy ENB Wonders of Weather FIX

Blended Shorelines - No more jagged water edges                             Moved within the group (Before someone complains about it again.)

Bright Waterfall Fix for ENB

Smooth Shores (Grass and Ground Remastered)

Important updates:

None atm.

UPLOAD:

SSEB - Modified ini for Rudy ENB                                                             Added the required changes for the guide.

SSEB - Modified Skyrim configuration files                                              Update for the new version of the guide.

Added/Updated entries:

None atm.

Checking out:

Changes/Bugfixes:

Reveal hidden contents

Glowing animals

Lighting bugs in the terrain

Abrupt dusk and dawn

Interior lighting

Striped shadows on the skin

'Oily' skin

General shadows improvements

Better integration of mods

Immersive Lighting

Dwemer metal looks older (without being too different compared to each other).

'Western Watchtower' is now fixed (which makes 'it's an engine bug' just a lazy excuse).

You can now see through some thick sheets of ice.

Do I have to run Dyndolod again? LOL

Loosing the mods from Clevercharff is quite hard. I'll try to find suitable mods for those textures (especially the ones for the caves). What we got now is more a placeholder 'til i find better ones (some are quite bad close up).

@sinatra

Did you install the patch for Embers XD? It might also be a good idea to reinstall 'Embers XD'. Got to check if i have to write instructions for that one...

Anyway, this is a problem with the fire textures and/or the patches. Make sure the ESP are in the correct spot.

@ascendentkunglao

Short answer: Yes. ?

I had to take out quite a chunk of the textures, so there's no way around it. But see it this way. When i tell you to rerun it i already had to do the same 4-6 times more (i'm currently at 294 reruns of DynDOLOD, first one when i started the thread, with roughly 2 hours per run). And don't get me started how much tinkering it took to get it right and i was able to add the instructions to page #1.

Thats from RASS. You have to go through the settings of its MCM. I think there was a dropdown and you have to use 'Rain only'. Once i figure that MCM out for myself i'll add an entry for it.

Just hit a Jackpot! Icecovered rocks and multilayered transparent ice.

Spoiler

ScreenShot1320.jpg.cb2e106e89e2a1199363e42f2dbdabfc.jpg

ScreenShot1321.jpg.195ab4a3df69bd479f04cc12170a9a17.jpg

You can actually see how the textures shift as you walk by...

Adding Skyrim Remastered - Caves to the list and the last status update. Done

Now that I have a new battlestation with a 3070, I'm finally getting started here!

One thing that seems a touch unclear: at what point during the process would it be best for me to run DynDOLOD and XLODgen? They're linked in the pre-installation part, and I was curious as to whether they should be run before or after the initial 'clean' run of Skyrim's launcher.