Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Okay, I'm really not digging Bleak Falls Revisited. It just seems like it adds endless zombie corridors that loop back to a room I've already been and confuses my tiny brain. And sometimes the progression doors are just hidden behind turns that don't stand out and I end up passing them several times. I had to turn on free camera to try to figure out where to go.

Was pretty confused with what was going on with Dawn of Skyrim and it's patches. You're advising we download version 1.4 of DoS so the following patches work with it. However, the patch from Teabag86 was updated on February 26th to work with the most recent version of DoS. So of course it doesn't work because it's looking for a different ESP if you downloading the version of DoS you're telling us to. The old version of this patch is in the old files section and it works fine. But I had no idea what was going on with it for a bit because I thought we just downloaded the latest version(Of the patch not DoS). Had to waste of bunch of time figuring this out because there's no note of it.

None of this is probably necessary. We're downloading all these old versions because the Riften patch hasn't been updated since 2018 to reflect the changes. Teabag86 says in a recent comment that his patch includes the changes made with the Riften patch. So we could probably just download latest version of DoS and the patch and completely exclude the Riften patch without issue? Seems simpler imo.

2 hours ago, zammysage22 said:

We're downloading all these old versions because the Riften patch hasn't been updated since 2018 to reflect the changes. Teabag86 says in a recent comment that his patch includes the changes made with the Riften patch. So we could probably just download latest version of DoS and the patch and completely exclude the Riften patch without issue? Seems simpler imo.

Again. There are patches further down that also need the old version.

As long as not all mods are updated we're stuck with using older versions. It's the same problem as the one with DSO. As much as i hate it, there's simply nothing i can do about it except waiting for the OA to catch up.

Anyone know how to get my character onto a new save?  I guess none of the previous saves with my PC, will load with the new mods.  So I just need help somehow getting my character transferred over to a new game...

Edit #1:  Has anyone experienced the hair not to be shaped to the head there is a distinctive gap between the PC head and the hair.

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

Again. There are patches further down that also need the old version.

As long as not all mods are updated we're stuck with using older versions. It's the same problem as the one with DSO. As much as i hate it, there's simply nothing i can do about it except waiting for the OA to catch up.

I see. I haven't gotten that far down yet. I just finished getting through the textures section. I assumed the note "Use version 1.4 otherwise the patches won't work" was just for the following two patches in the list. If that's the case I feel an additional note should be added under Teabag86's patch saying to download the 1.5 version from the old files section. Else beginners might make the same mistake I did. I appreciate the work you're putting into this by the way. I've been modding Bethesda games for years so I know how frustrating it can be.

14 hours ago, wollboi said:

Okay, I'm really not digging Bleak Falls Revisited. It just seems like it adds endless zombie corridors that loop back to a room I've already been and confuses my tiny brain. And sometimes the progression doors are just hidden behind turns that don't stand out and I end up passing them several times. I had to turn on free camera to try to figure out where to go.

Thats the point. ;)

12 hours ago, ascendentkunglao said:

@Aylis So I tried running older saves, but no dice.  I still get a CTD upon loading into a save.  Any other tips? I tried cleaning the unattached instances with Fallrim Tools and am on my 3rd run of DYNDOLOD.  

None, except perhaps removing mods not on the list.

11 hours ago, Hippeus said:

Had a question what version of ENB Light did you use? Cause there is a lot of different versions on that mod page.

I'm at 0.95. Might have missed an update or two. <- Not really, but i'll add the info to the list. Done

11 hours ago, ascendentkunglao said:

Edit #1:  Has anyone experienced the hair not to be shaped to the head there is a distinctive gap between the PC head and the hair.

Can happen as the hair comes from many sources. Try to change the head a bit so that the hair fits.

11 hours ago, zammysage22 said:

If that's the case I feel an additional note should be added under Teabag86's patch saying to download the 1.5 version from the old files section. 

Already done before i finished the answer. Things like this got priority (i just have to know them).

10 hours ago, rodrigo2 said:

How exactly do you do that?  Any tutorials on how to do that?

No idea as i never had to open the CK. Try Youtube or look for a mod on Nexus.

Found a few new nice things. Added to the list and the last 'Status Update'.

Slowly chewing through my list...

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.b8924aea141ea6b81a66bb0f32e0d720.jpg

On 3/8/2021 at 4:58 PM, axz2 said:

How would something like Practical Female Armors work with this mod list.   Clothing should flow around the body, but armor is generally hard (even leather armor is normally boiled leather or stiff thick rawhide).   You could make hard "boob armor" but having boob shapes on plate 1 - Isn't necessary for women, at least not if they don't have enormous breasts, and 2 - Reduces protection, mostly because you can get deflections straight towards the middle of the chest, but also partially because the more complex shape increases surface area the armor has to cover and thus reduces the thickness you can get for a given weight.   I don't mind as much for leather armor (maybe its some  special leather that resists cutting and cushions blows without being so stiff), or maille (which is hard but a mesh that can flow around the shape of the body to an extent esp if it was made out of some exotic material like mithril were it could be lighter and thinner but still resist cutting), but I'm not really a fan of "boob-plate".

Also for some clothing and for any armor that does somewhat flow with the body shape, would something like Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer (CBBE) - UniBody (UniBoob and UniButt) Reference work.  Some clothing is cut so that it would follow the body shape and not go across it, maybe its skintight or something, but for a lot of it the "uniboob refrence" would be more realalistic.

You should look up shadiversity on youtube and look through his videos about boob armor. Here is the one he did about the mandalorian tv series and bewb armor or is boob plate female armor dangerous?

On 3/6/2021 at 2:25 PM, Aylis said:

Going through that thread i'm actually more inclined to remove it (so @jaeos won't get hit by lightning again ;)). But seriously, that looks nasty there and i got to think about it.

I actually love that mod, even if it is a script heavy, framerate killing bitch. I always put it on the biggest preset (i forget which one, i think it's 4th down) and keep the (it can kill you) turned on so it causes damage. 

Finally! Someone did it!

The imperial system always has been a real pain (i always have to look for a conversion table). Now we have the option, in two mods, to get the measurement most of the world uses. I really hope he'll do the rest too.

Adding:

Andromeda - Metric Units

Ordinator - Metric Units

The huge second plus is the fact that the name of the ESP doesn't change, so you can simply replace the other version if you want to.

Already feared the mod was gone, but it now reappeared on Nexus. This looks alot better than what we had before: Serene Wispmothers.

Added to the list and the last 'Status Update'.

@armaxd I mean, yeah, you can use that guide and mods from this guide. Whether or not it's going to break anything I can say almost assuredly yes. I'm confident they can be fixed, but this thread isn't really going to be able to help you when they do. You basically have to build around that mod, and this list doesn't do that.

This list is good with the newest version of Skyrim and SKSE.

@Aylis The metric system? What's that? Is that like new wave music?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Seriously though, as an America, the imperial system is stupid. We should use what everyone else uses.

8 hours ago, jaeos said:

You should look up shadiversity on youtube and look through his videos about boob armor. Here is the one he did about the mandalorian tv series and bewb armor or is boob plate female armor dangerous?

Yeah I think that I accepted other analysis at face value without actually thinking about it myself in terms of it being dangerous.  It still does increase weight for the same amount of protection, but the point that women with large breasts would need either boob plate or a larger not split area for the chest makes sense (although the character I've used wasn't top heavy).  Other than woman who have large breasts it isn't actually needed but cod pieces and such were not needed either.  So extraneous does not mean ahistorical (for Europe or Tamriel to the extent that later part actually makes sense).   I'm still not a fan, but my objection is not as great as it was before.

@armaxd You mean to switch between profiles with MO2 for different characters? Yes, but I've honestly always felt the profile switching system is kind've cumbersome and not user friendly. But YMMV. You'd probably want to make sure MO2 is set to use different ini files for the different profiles, as I think the LotD guide asks for specific skyrim.ini settings that will probably not work well with Aylis's list.

On 3/8/2021 at 12:09 PM, Aylis said:

Doesn't work:

Finally First Person Magic Animation

Enhanced 1stperson Parry Animation

I am curious about this. What was the issue? Maybe I missed something. I had just installed the first, and was thinking about the second...