Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

On 7/29/2020 at 11:20 PM, jaeos said:

I had to go back to an old version of SD+ I'll ask Sun if she will do a full texture pack since the dress Senna wears is clearly a shit conversion (no actual physics just a split in the center of the dress that makes it look like a bad pair of parachute pants.) But i can't do it, i'm inept when it comes to that. 

SDPlus_SE_v2019_10.31.7z 105.84 MB · 1 download SDResources SE v2019.103.1.7z 76.22 MB · 1 download SD Customization Addons SE v7.7z 448.92 kB · 1 download

oh... for SDPlus SE, there is an updated version uploaded by the mod author (June 2020) version..  may help to reduce... CTDs

14 hours ago, wyatt542 said:

So I started a game and created a character (I'm using Alternate Start, choosing escape cell option) and when I loot the skeleton right outside the cell it CTD as well as when I try to open my inventory (mainly the items side, magic works fine). The inventory only seems to happen when I leave the cell, inside its fine

*so I found that UI extensions caused the CTD when looting the skeleton, I'm still trying to find out what causes the inventory one

The game isn't fully initialized at this point if i remember correctly. You have several options:

1. Leave the cell via bed.

2. Leave the prison.

After that this shouldn't be a problem anymore. Even if you leave and immediately reenter the prison. AS changes an existing cell that was never meant as a starting point.

5 hours ago, ralchemilla said:

oh... for SDPlus SE, there is an updated version uploaded by the mod author (June 2020) version..  may help to reduce... CTDs

The "updated one" is the one that caused me to CTD  instantly when going to the dream world. When i went to an older version i didn't have those issues. I'll grant it may have been a bad relationship between 2 mods i have that Aylis does not. Only time I ever got a CTD after going back to the version i posted was that stupid ass skeever mage. A different mod tried to make a gang bang with the mage and 3 skeevers and my PC, It crashed. When i went back after respawn and killed him with a bow (there is a bad ass bow in scoped bows called reaper. 3k damage at start, if you level the marksman tree a few times (just use the bow, ,it gives off mad skill ups) the damage is enough to down an elder dragon with a iron arrow, Alduin takes 2)

16 hours ago, wyatt542 said:

So I started a game and created a character (I'm using Alternate Start, choosing escape cell option) and when I loot the skeleton right outside the cell it CTD as well as when I try to open my inventory (mainly the items side, magic works fine). The inventory only seems to happen when I leave the cell, inside its fine

*so I found that UI extensions caused the CTD when looting the skeleton, I'm still trying to find out what causes the inventory one

That actually shouldn't happen, but there are some wonky script firings between the cell and the exit. I've CTD doing the "i want to escape this cell" when looting. I use the AS naughty start (sexy starting options) and usually pick i went for a swim or forced off the wagon. either one puts you close to helgen or the big ass lake by falkreath (note you must have a mod such as dibellian defender and/or egg factory for these options)

8 hours ago, Aylis said:

The game isn't fully initialized at this point if i remember correctly. You have several options:

1. Leave the cell via bed.

2. Leave the prison.

After that this shouldn't be a problem anymore. Even if you leave and immediately reenter the prison. AS changes an existing cell that was never meant as a starting point.

I've left the prison and it is still giving me CTD, I'm assuming it has something to do with SkyUI. However, I'm able to access my magic, map, and skills  just fine

10 hours ago, wyatt542 said:

I've left the prison and it is still giving me CTD, I'm assuming it has something to do with SkyUI. However, I'm able to access my magic, map, and skills  just fine

At that point it's pretty safe to assume it's not LAL. LAL only tweaks the cell and a few starting quests to put you where you want to be. (i'm a member of a guild, and you choose dark brotherhood,, it just sets the quest for joining the dark brotherhood at 2 stages later, you will never do the abandoned hut kidnapping (although you can go to windhelm and still talk to the kid and go kill grelod, but as a member of the DB, you will never have the key to that hut unless you additem. but at the point you pop up in the dark brotherhood sanctuary LAL is done with you. You mentioned SkyUI. Did you also install the wide format for it?

11 hours ago, wollboi said:

Just remember that the woods are lovely this time of year and you should be fine.

Or a sea cruise, I've never had a problem taking a cruise, or even just going to the bar.. Unless I use the Forest Nymph race.. Then it's not a bar, it's a bar fight from the beginning.

20 hours ago, jaeos said:

The "updated one" is the one that caused me to CTD  instantly when going to the dream world. When i went to an older version i didn't have those issues. I'll grant it may have been a bad relationship between 2 mods i have that Aylis does not. Only time I ever got a CTD after going back to the version i posted was that stupid ass skeever mage. A different mod tried to make a gang bang with the mage and 3 skeevers and my PC, It crashed. When i went back after respawn and killed him with a bow (there is a bad ass bow in scoped bows called reaper. 3k damage at start, if you level the marksman tree a few times (just use the bow, ,it gives off mad skill ups) the damage is enough to down an elder dragon with a iron arrow, Alduin takes 2)

Thats where my patch for Dibellas Sisterhood comes in (and why SD+ should be installed before DS). It uses the same textures for the statues and those were a problem before. The game crashed as soon as you entered the dreamworld.

@razzthom

I doubt this will be of much use as we already replace almost every (if not all) texture(s) in the game.

@Aylis Note load order numbers. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6af31c870d18a69c827e1361bfe74310.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.305f7c1f71803df2ba4bbddfc386cf4b.png

I stopped the CTD with the old version and putting it above bijin /shrug i dunno it may have been a bad skin mesh on one of the alicia's that putting it above bijin solved. But there's probably over 1k in meshes in the dreamworld, could have been as micro as a missing clit or a bad thumb mesh. I've done my playthrough and am now playing a forest nymph werewolf that is dedicated to her creator Dibella, So dealing with sanguine isn't on my list of things she does, at least not sex, she might praise sanguine for the wholesale slaughter she does (he is the lord of excess after all.)

14 hours ago, jaeos said:

At that point it's pretty safe to assume it's not LAL. LAL only tweaks the cell and a few starting quests to put you where you want to be. (i'm a member of a guild, and you choose dark brotherhood,, it just sets the quest for joining the dark brotherhood at 2 stages later, you will never do the abandoned hut kidnapping (although you can go to windhelm and still talk to the kid and go kill grelod, but as a member of the DB, you will never have the key to that hut unless you additem. but at the point you pop up in the dark brotherhood sanctuary LAL is done with you. You mentioned SkyUI. Did you also install the wide format for it?

yes i have installed it. I just tried disabling it to no avail

I've figured it out. I had installed iNeed after everything was said and done and after I disabled it I was able to access my inventory.

18 hours ago, wyatt542 said:

yes i have installed it. I just tried disabling it to no avail

I've figured it out. I had installed iNeed after everything was said and done and after I disabled it I was able to access my inventory.

It's one of the mods i don't use, I already forget to eat myself. If it wasn't for the fact my dogs come tell me they need to be fed I would probably forget to feed them in anything considered a timely manner. So i don't do it for the game

I'm glad you figured it out.

7 hours ago, invisibleboy666 said:

Would you think about adding this list to Wabbajack wabbajack makes the install really easy and quick

1.I think this was discussed many, many pages ago, and since the mod list is always changing it would be changed more or less every week, sometimes 2-3 times a day based on experiences with some mods.

2.And as script heavy as this list is fully done (i have a 3900k cpu and 64gig of ram and still have a script lag in riften of about 8.8 seconds for any lovers lab stuff) a low tier laptop doesn't stand a chance in running this like it should.

3. Upload bandwith. This is where America truly sucks. Most Asian countries have truly high speed internet even in coffee shops, and it's very very cheap. I'm paying for a 1g internet and my best UPLOAD speed is only 50 mbps. so putting the list together, then uploading the entire list up would take (if i remember what aylis said about the internet where she lives is only 3-4 mbps upload) would kill her ability to do anything else for the rest of the day.

4. That being said. I do see the benefit of upload it in sections. Especcially sections that have had 1-2 changes (other than updates on the mods) But that would be up to aylis. 

While this might be a dumb question, which version of SE is the original modlist considered "stable" on? I know the current runtime is 1.5.97, should I be looking to build on an older version, or should I download the list and SKSE for the 1.5.97 runtime?

Any idea why my dirt textures for Bathing in Skyrim would disappear whenever I go outside? If I'm inside a dungeon or house or whatever they reappear, but as soon as I go back outside they're gone. Was thinking maybe it's a conflict between it and Wet and Cold, but no conflict shows up in MO2.
1 hour ago, Lord1557 said:

While this might be a dumb question, which version of SE is the original modlist considered "stable" on? I know the current runtime is 1.5.97, should I be looking to build on an older version, or should I download the list and SKSE for the 1.5.97 runtime?

Newest version works fine and is what you should go with. There's a mod in the list that will prevent the newer SKSE versions from interfering with your mods. And it's been a while since Bethesda updated it anyway.

Annnnnd of course now that I've said that, there will probably be a patch in ten minutes.

9 hours ago, Lord1557 said:

Any mods that have the red triangle next to them are the ones that must be updated every time Bethesda decides it wants to charge for stuff. They have not updated the actual game for several years, they just update the runtime to update their version of mod central, Only mod i've seen them have on it that was really worth the money is Inigo. It was always just assumed that people who wanted to mod it were using the latest runtime, so most of the mods that needed an update were grouped together (i think the only one not inside the skse section is SOS (but i might and probably are wrong)) Other than that some of these have not been updated since the original skyrim came out many years ago. (it's not on the list anymore but skeletons of daggerfell comes to mind first) Most sounds can be pulled straight over from the original game. Textures, not so much. Physics, Never. SSE uses a totally different physics setup. Hydrogensays said she was not going to bring the old physics into the new game because microsoft wanted an insane amount of money for the program that she used to create all the cool physics in original skyrim to run on SSE (it was posted on her chinese site and google translate and my own fairly dismal grasp of English may have just told you wrong on what she posted.)  So she created smp and not hdt (again i may be wrong or backwards) Only person i trust to do really good armor conversions from old to new without going to 9dameo is Sun and she's backlogged for at least 3-4 months due to the beer virus and people losing their damn minds over it. (she's a nurse like Kimy and was put on a solid rotation with very little time off, and still needs to study for entrance exams to collage to get a masters in Health Administration.) 

On 8/7/2020 at 3:01 AM, wollboi said:

Annnnnd of course now that I've said that, there will probably be a patch in ten minutes.

Nope. ;)

Still way too much work on my plate. Of course there was a not so obvious problem that needs to be fixed and is very timeconsuming. Can't find the time to even start any game atm... 

18 minutes ago, ralchemilla said:

question!.. is 255 the maximum limit of mods one should have in any loadorder due to skyrim's plugin limitations, i was.. adding outfits.. and i quickly reached 255 ; ;

The answer to that is here: >> click me <<

i have another question! which version of ENB Light do i download? mod author provides the following versions :

1) ENB Light V0.94 (i tried this one but.. the fomod menu in mod organizer has different choices from the one that is attached in this guide)

2) ENB Light ENB Light V0.95 Release Candidate 2 (pic below ; ; it looks different also..)

3) ENB Light V0.96 

4) ENB Light V0.98 Alpha  2
image.png.7e9d4db52561e20be08536c7856c7f84.png

12 hours ago, ralchemilla said:

image.png.b96ce07c99cce1c639d647c593f4a167.pngquestion!.. is 255 the maximum limit of mods one should have in any loadorder due to skyrim's plugin limitations, i was.. adding outfits.. and i quickly reached 255 ; ;

no. put your mouse over the 255. it will open a popup that lists all the different types of plug-ins. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.97cf19470beb4ef0dc24125f1c186d90.png

esm+esl cannot go over 254 

(sorry my MO2 was on fallout and not skyrim, But the method is identical.