Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

On 8/19/2020 at 11:27 PM, jaeos said:

Try shift+enter, not alt+enter it's an issue with the ini settings that are mentioned several pages back. easiest fix is to run the skyrim launcher from inside MO2 (it will complain it cannot detect your video card) and manually adjust the settings there. It will overwrite your skyrim prefs ini to the right settings

It was my own mistake. When I started modding using MO i forgot to disable "use profile-specific game INI files" so I got it sorted out and decided to install everything again (I had also other reasons to reinstall, I tried all kind of things so I decided to just reinstall everything to be sure the installation ok in every way).

When using the Batch files to clean the mods folder I noticed something. Batch 03 V1.2.bat did not clean my mods folder (my mods are in C:\SexySkyrimSE Mods and all batch files are also there), in the command prompt window it defaulted to C:\ and tried to find the folders from there. I did not have this issue with the other two batch files, or is this currently intentional? Or is this issue only affecting me? Also, some folder names in that batch 03 do not match the names in the mod list in this guide (is that intentional?). I decided to edit the batch file myself and moved those folders that the batch 03 is supposed to clean to the root of C:\ and the batch file worked from there. And then moved them back.

This whole body type thing is very confusing to me. Lets says I want to use a different body preset from the nexus. What exatly I'm supposed to do in bodyslide? I've watched countless tutorial videos and read guides but still some things are very confusing to me. I can understand how and why this needs to be done, but this guide has things like cbbe, 3bbb and wbody. When I'm making the body slides what do I have to select from the list at the top when changing the body type. The preset is the one download I know, but I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with it. Like the wbody comes with 4 different options. Now few questions, hopefully someone knowledgeable has the time to answer:

1. If the preset comes with several types (nude, cloth etc.) should I run them both, one for nude and the cloth preset for clothing?

2. Is it possible to change the body type to something else if using this list (I know there are limitations what I can use but these I can find out myself) so that everything is still working the same way it works after installing mods using this guide? At the moment everything is working as it should (like the num+ key change is working correctly, tried it with Ciri's outfit and nude, very jiggly and bouncy and pregancy morph worked also).

3. If it's possible to change, can someone give an example what exactly I should select in bodyslide (and should I make changes to installed mods). Lets say I want to change the body type to slim from curvy (CBBE is the only choice without reinstalling mods right?). What do I need to do in bodyslide to get it to work in simple steps. One example is enough (one armor set from this guide, would gigadeux or ciri's armor be a good one to use as an example?). I noticed there is some clipping issues when using the better physics for Ciri's outfit with curvy body so I know about things like that.

4. If I use the 3BBB sliders in game, do I have to create bodylides or does it work differently if I change the body in the character creation menu. Yes, I've tried it and it works if you are conservative with your sliders (clipping issues), sometimes I had the pointy tits problem after changing the body in game (I think running FNIS corrected it). So, should we use the in game sliders for changing the body or is that something that should be done in bodyslide only?

The most confusing thing is the usage of cbbe, 3bbb and wrong body in the same list, so the mods are somehow connected to each other when using them? And yes I've read the mod description pages and tried to search answers but it didn't help much. So is the wbody the preset that's used to create all the clothing in this list, the files in files section all have it in the file name?

As my character currently has a female follower and as such mostly has sex with her I noticed that the arousal level didn't go down (this started to become an issue at 100 arousal since every 10 steps she was groped by someone).

Some reading up here on loverslab made me understand that Sexlabs Aroused kinda assumes you have Male-Female sex and does not lower the arousal level otherwise (some testing on my end proved that right).

There seems to be a fix though with animation-appropriate-arousal-adjustments, which you might want to add to your list. It's a LE mod but according to the conversion list you can just use it as is.

2 hours ago, SimPanssi said:

1. If the preset comes with several types (nude, cloth etc.) should I run them both, one for nude and the cloth preset for clothing?

2. Is it possible to change the body type to something else if using this list (I know there are limitations what I can use but these I can find out myself) so that everything is still working the same way it works after installing mods using this guide? At the moment everything is working as it should (like the num+ key change is working correctly, tried it with Ciri's outfit and nude, very jiggly and bouncy and pregancy morph worked also).

3. If it's possible to change, can someone give an example what exactly I should select in bodyslide (and should I make changes to installed mods). Lets say I want to change the body type to slim from curvy (CBBE is the only choice without reinstalling mods right?). What do I need to do in bodyslide to get it to work in simple steps. One example is enough (one armor set from this guide, would gigadeux or ciri's armor be a good one to use as an example?). I noticed there is some clipping issues when using the better physics for Ciri's outfit with curvy body so I know about things like that.

1 No, you would need to run the bodyslide for the nude body first then the clothing, making sure to not overwrite the nude body with your new build, bodyslide should ask you which you want to use if you have conflicting stuff to build.  Clothing presets tend to in effect have no nipples/aerolas and such for the most part.

2/3 Yup in the presets just change that from slim to whichever preset you want to use, make sure to rebuild, if you batch build and build them to a working folder you can use different body types for different characters, you just need to make sure that the body is included in the build, build to a working directory, anywhere that does not have a meshes directory, then zip that directory up and rename it, then install that as a file, if you are using mo you would then just need to untick the body type you no longer want to use and tick the one you do want to use.  You should not need to do any changes to the mods unless you are changing from cbbe to uunp or something like that, in  which case you might need to install different bodyslide files and some mods have specific settings depending on which body you are using.

@SimPanssi

This is how it looks here:

Spoiler

batch.jpg.a71626e8ea9d838f4ab11de87d4ea284.jpg

And all three batches work from that location. I've renamed some folders (in the list and the folder) but they should, excluding a typo, work as they are. I used MO2's display of conflicts to see if something wasn't removed and as far as i can tell from that i should have gotten all typos. Also some conflicts were intentionally left in so that there arn't any problems later on. That is especially important as there are some 'optional' mods that not everybody uses and a missing mesh (and sometimes textures too) can be very problematic.

This is what i did with the bodyslides:

Preset             Used for

Nude         -> Body, hand, feet, some DD

Pushup      -> For armor and clothing with cleavage

Clothing    -> Clothing, some DD and some light armors

Armor        -> Some light and all heavy armors

I've been sitting for hours on that to assign the right preset for every armor (and i wouldn't bet on it that i got all of them right). I still havn't seen every armor in the game. ;)

@Dirknina

Nope. Configuring your AV is something you have to do on your end otherwise you will run into the same problem again and again.

The new SKSE (.19) seems to work fine (after adding the update for 'Armor Rating Redux'). We get quite a few error messages in MO2 but they all show up as 'loaded correctly'. So it looks like i worried too much about it...

2 hours ago, johnny0183 said:

As my character currently has a female follower and as such mostly has sex with her I noticed that the arousal level didn't go down (this started to become an issue at 100 arousal since every 10 steps she was groped by someone).

Some reading up here on loverslab made me understand that Sexlabs Aroused kinda assumes you have Male-Female sex and does not lower the arousal level otherwise (some testing on my end proved that right).

There seems to be a fix though with animation-appropriate-arousal-adjustments, which you might want to add to your list. It's a LE mod but according to the conversion list you can just use it as is.

Not always. There will be periods where my PC (currently a breton necromancer) will seem to just go into heat (using an animal parlance) where no matter what i do she seems to stick at 100 for a few days (i wonder if fertility mode does this) then suddenly she's back to normal, It seems to get really bad if there is a devious device on her (even something "light" like a set of leg cuffs) you can always "reset" her in the arousal by looking at her and hitting N, open up the MCM > sexlab aroused > puppet master. (i do this to alvors wife and set hers at a constant 100 since she wants to be a total bitch towards any female and turn her loose on riverwood) but time set it at 1 and the multiplier set it at 1 as well. and then the 3rd one down ( i forget what its actually called but it's the total arousal) set to 0. and suddenly BAM she's as cold as the frozen mammoth in the wall by alfhand( i think thats what it's called)

5 minutes ago, jaeos said:

Not always. There will be periods where my PC (currently a breton necromancer) will seem to just go into heat (using an animal parlance) where no matter what i do she seems to stick at 100 for a few days (i wonder if fertility mode does this) then suddenly she's back to normal, It seems to get really bad if there is a devious device on her (even something "light" like a set of leg cuffs) you can always "reset" her in the arousal by looking at her and hitting N, open up the MCM > sexlab aroused > puppet master. (i do this to alvors wife and set hers at a constant 100 since she wants to be a total bitch towards any female and turn her loose on riverwood) but time set it at 1 and the multiplier set it at 1 as well. and then the 3rd one down ( i forget what its actually called but it's the total arousal) set to 0. and suddenly BAM she's as cold as the frozen mammoth in the wall by alfhand( i think thats what it's called)

In this case I tested multiple times by having sex with a male or female NPC, checking the arousal in MCM and then reloading. Either that was extremely coincidental or having sex with a female didn't lower the stat but with a male did.

(To make it clear - my character is female)

4 hours ago, SimPanssi said:

It was my own mistake. When I started modding using MO i forgot to disable "use profile-specific game INI files" so I got it sorted out and decided to install everything again (I had also other reasons to reinstall, I tried all kind of things so I decided to just reinstall everything to be sure the installation ok in every way).

When using the Batch files to clean the mods folder I noticed something. Batch 03 V1.2.bat did not clean my mods folder (my mods are in C:\SexySkyrimSE Mods and all batch files are also there), in the command prompt window it defaulted to C:\ and tried to find the folders from there. I did not have this issue with the other two batch files, or is this currently intentional? Or is this issue only affecting me? Also, some folder names in that batch 03 do not match the names in the mod list in this guide (is that intentional?). I decided to edit the batch file myself and moved those folders that the batch 03 is supposed to clean to the root of C:\ and the batch file worked from there. And then moved them back.

This whole body type thing is very confusing to me. Lets says I want to use a different body preset from the nexus. What exatly I'm supposed to do in bodyslide? I've watched countless tutorial videos and read guides but still some things are very confusing to me. I can understand how and why this needs to be done, but this guide has things like cbbe, 3bbb and wbody. When I'm making the body slides what do I have to select from the list at the top when changing the body type. The preset is the one download I know, but I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with it. Like the wbody comes with 4 different options. Now few questions, hopefully someone knowledgeable has the time to answer:

4. If I use the 3BBB sliders in game, do I have to create bodylides or does it work differently if I change the body in the character creation menu. Yes, I've tried it and it works if you are conservative with your sliders (clipping issues), sometimes I had the pointy tits problem after changing the body in game (I think running FNIS corrected it). So, should we use the in game sliders for changing the body or is that something that should be done in bodyslide only?

The most confusing thing is the usage of cbbe, 3bbb and wrong body in the same list, so the mods are somehow connected to each other when using them? And yes I've read the mod description pages and tried to search answers but it didn't help much. So is the wbody the preset that's used to create all the clothing in this list, the files in files section all have it in the file name?

Presets are just that, a preset so you don't need to tweak on all the sliders for hours to find what YOU perceive as THE BODY you want to use. If you want your PC to have boobs so damn big she in reality couldn't hold anything. (i go for a more athletic build like the aela replacer that WAS on the list) so i made my own preset, but it started as a downloaded preset then modified and saved. As @Varithina stated, the nude wbody is just for that. Nude. The other presets are for binding armor (steel doesn't usually move like cloth, and armor makers on the daily don't go putting nipple points on any steel (iron, orchalium, glass, steel, etc etc. Nor is leather usually nipple puffed.) so those presets are for you to combine with groups (you need to set them up) for things such as cloth and no bra to having a corset binding the chest and lifting the breasts in certain armors (ciri's armor from the witcher is what pops into my head as i type this) So those presets are for the same "body" just modified for each type of armor or clothing. 

I get that the 3 different body types in the list might be confusing so i'll use a car as a bad comparison. 

CBBE. this is the frame of the car. The start of it. 

3BBB is the actual body panels. 

Wbody is the paintjob on top of the panels. This is where the modified body comes in. Want that wide body rally panels? thats what wbody does. it just sets the car to how YOU want it. Say you want the bonnet (hood) narrower than the boot (trunk) wbody starts you off with a stock Preset, you tweak it to how you want it to look on the street.

8 minutes ago, johnny0183 said:

In this case I tested multiple times by having sex with a male or female NPC, checking the arousal in MCM and then reloading. Either that was extremely coincidental or having sex with a female didn't lower the stat but with a male did.

(To make it clear - my character is female)

and i'll assume in sexlab you made her bisexual, I've noticed with mine if she uses a strap on to another female hers would not go down, but the female npc would. If the NPC ate her out it would only drop a little, if a female npc used a strapon on her it went down usually about 20 points but the arousal rate was so high it would be back up in just a few minutes. (apparently most of my PC's seems to like the multiple people to really drop it. Or you could just go to an Inn and hit up everyone there for an orgy. 

9 hours ago, Dirknina said:

@Aylis the skyrim ini and skse ini I cant dl computer complaining about harmful can you zip them up so I can compare. Thanks for all your hard work on this

What antivirus are you using? You should still be able to download it, but it may block it from being opened, you would need to find it in your downloads and change the permissions on it to be unblocked.

Thanks Varithina, jaeos and Aylis, your posts helped a lot!

I'll try to replace the body type with something else, I know it'll be time consuming and probably boring but I believe I've used a lot more time to mod other games. I haven't modded Skyrim much before, but I've modded a lot of other games (some real pain to mod) and sometimes used weeks to get it working right (5-6 hours/day). I've never created a mod myself, but edited many mods for Sims 2 with SimPE. I think I started modding games when I bought Baldur's Gate II in 2002.

More about the batch file. I don't know why it happened, but I know for a fact that the batch 03 didn't delete anything from the the mod folders that are listed inside the batch file. I checked it manually (I opened the batch file and compared what the file is suppose to delete with my mod folders contents) and nothing was deleted what is listed for deletion in the file. But when I moved the mod folders and the batch 03 file to C:\ it worked and deleted the files from the folders. I'm puzzled why, because the other two files worked normally.

15 hours ago, jaeos said:

and i'll assume in sexlab you made her bisexual, I've noticed with mine if she uses a strap on to another female hers would not go down, but the female npc would. If the NPC ate her out it would only drop a little, if a female npc used a strapon on her it went down usually about 20 points but the arousal rate was so high it would be back up in just a few minutes. (apparently most of my PC's seems to like the multiple people to really drop it. Or you could just go to an Inn and hit up everyone there for an orgy. 

You're absolutely right - when they use a strapon it does seem to go down (I assume it's because that's technically a male-female animation within sexlab).

The fix I linked will extend this to all possible orgasms (for example when the other is eating you out). Especially useful if you installed more animations.

16 hours ago, Dirknina said:

i do have one question the skse ini do you make that as a mod or drop it in the main folder?  a little tired and been awhile since i did alot of modding 5 days now and only have way though the list.  lol

Just drop it into the folder where your executables for Skyrim are.

To be added

Textures:

Oil

LL

Cumshot 2.2 

Testing atm:

Nordic Beds <- Looking good so far. Still have to check a few locations.

Chaurus Life <- Same as above

Animation Appropriate Arousal Adjustments

4 hours ago, Dirknina said:

I think I might need a bigger hard drive those skyrim hd 01 are realy big

With the mods i have installed (i skipped a lot of the small texture mods.) my mod folder is sitting at 88 gig (yes that includes a few race mods that aylis doesn't approve of ?)

10 hours ago, Dirknina said:

i do have one question the skse ini do you make that as a mod or drop it in the main folder?  a little tired and been awhile since i did alot of modding 5 days now and only have way though the list.  lol

the skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini you want to change are inside MO2 under profiles. If you only have the "default" profile it's all good, just drop the ini into the default profile, Then just copy that profile when you want to make different games (you may have special stuff you want this archtype to have) example. i have Player succubus quest, they should be able to fly. so i have a flying mod as well. but a stock breton/nord/argonian assasain wouldn't be able to fly. so i have 2 profiles that the active mods are different and it separates the save games as well. But if i am playing a vampire i might want the brightness turned up some so my blind self can actually see what i am running past. but an archer will not need it as bright. etc etc. anyway here's a screen so you can see what i am talking about 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.da49813eebf2d27d94e7a3764f38b490.png

BTW ignore the BIG 1,2, and H, S, and V at the top. Its what windows does when you hold ALT to take a sceenshot of just the active window

1 hour ago, jaeos said:

With the mods i have installed (i skipped a lot of the small texture mods.) my mod folder is sitting at 88 gig (yes that includes a few race mods that aylis doesn't approve of ?)

That is pretty small, my usual install sits around 200-250gb normally, though that does include various bits and pieces that I am working on, merges and such, which probably account for around 100gb or so of that.

22 minutes ago, Varithina said:

That is pretty small, my usual install sits around 200-250gb normally, though that does include various bits and pieces that I am working on, merges and such, which probably account for around 100gb or so of that.

?

my games are on a 250GB ssd for speed thinking of cloneing it to a 2tb ssd  the drive is only 219. at newegg

well 85gb of mods later im done with list plus some extra.  total of 465 mods active and can run around riften with no issues so far but looks good just alittle bright in full sun.  cant remember how to get in to adjust lol  off to bed now.