Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Hopefully final question, I'm getting a really noticeable blur effect especially on my character model even for short distances and I'm not sure how to fix it (screen shot attached). I've messed around with some of the enb .fx and .ini files but none of my changes fixed the problem - any suggestions? thanks

Spoiler

ScreenShot2.png

45 minutes ago, asdj1239 said:

Hopefully final question, I'm getting a really noticeable blur effect especially on my character model even for short distances and I'm not sure how to fix it (screen shot attached). I've messed around with some of the enb .fx and .ini files but none of my changes fixed the problem - any suggestions? thanks

Hide contents

ScreenShot2.png

first lets rule out a mod. hit N. in the top left it will start telling you about yourself. such as how pretty you are and how horny you are. if you have not changed the default levels at around level 33 (i think) of being horny your vision blurs, at level 66 it gets really blurry. if you want to fix it without sex open the mcm and find sexlab aroused. make sure you only hit n for yourself and not another npc (don't put the target pip on another npc then hit n) zero out the 3 sliders so they all read 0. then click the top line (block all arouse) exit mcm, within 5 seconds or so it will clear up, and you will not have the issue again. HOWEVER. you also just stopped one of the mods things like deviously cursed loot, ABMM (arousal based matchmaker) etc uses to put you into THOSE situations. 

However. if that was not the problem you'll need to get back to me in the AM (it's 1am where i am right now) and i'll be better able to tell you which radial setting it is to shut of the blur in the enb. Unless @Aylisremebers where it is for distance blur.

40 minutes ago, jaeos said:

first lets rule out a mod. hit N. in the top left it will start telling you about yourself. such as how pretty you are and how horny you are. if you have not changed the default levels at around level 33 (i think) of being horny your vision blurs, at level 66 it gets really blurry. if you want to fix it without sex open the mcm and find sexlab aroused. make sure you only hit n for yourself and not another npc (don't put the target pip on another npc then hit n) zero out the 3 sliders so they all read 0. then click the top line (block all arouse) exit mcm, within 5 seconds or so it will clear up, and you will not have the issue again. HOWEVER. you also just stopped one of the mods things like deviously cursed loot, ABMM (arousal based matchmaker) etc uses to put you into THOSE situations. 

However. if that was not the problem you'll need to get back to me in the AM (it's 1am where i am right now) and i'll be better able to tell you which radial setting it is to shut of the blur in the enb. Unless @Aylisremebers where it is for distance blur.

Ok I did all that in SLA, was still getting the issue.

I notice that the blur effect depends on where the reticle is pointing i.e. the blur effect is much worse if the centre dot is on something far away rather than close, but this also seems to be relative to how zoomed in the camera is (as in, if the camera is really zoomed in, the distance to get a blur effect is much shorter). Not sure if this info helps

I should also mention I'm using the changes in this video at the moment:

All it does is disables blur on hands and weapons, and shifts the focal point to precisely on the cross hairs instead of an area around them. I did this because my entire FoV was blurred when using bows (both target distance and hands/weapons), but I can revert them to check any changes you suggest if you think its necessary.

Thanks for your help btw

edit: actually I just disabled depth of field in the enb options and this fixed my problem, so while I would like to use depth of field I am happy with this as a solution for now

5 hours ago, asdj1239 said:

Ok I did all that in SLA, was still getting the issue.

I notice that the blur effect depends on where the reticle is pointing i.e. the blur effect is much worse if the centre dot is on something far away rather than close, but this also seems to be relative to how zoomed in the camera is (as in, if the camera is really zoomed in, the distance to get a blur effect is much shorter). Not sure if this info helps

I should also mention I'm using the changes in this video at the moment:

All it does is disables blur on hands and weapons, and shifts the focal point to precisely on the cross hairs instead of an area around them. I did this because my entire FoV was blurred when using bows (both target distance and hands/weapons), but I can revert them to check any changes you suggest if you think its necessary.

Thanks for your help btw

edit: actually I just disabled depth of field in the enb options and this fixed my problem, so while I would like to use depth of field I am happy with this as a solution for now

Yes, depth of field, thats what i was trying to remember. you can adjust to how strong it is as well, so it can be just a little blurry like normal vision or you can make it where everything looks like you need glasses. 

16 hours ago, jaeos said:

oh no, it will crash with a fracking flower petal mesh gone.. I personally refuse to use lawbringer so @wollboi would be better  to help on that particual mod. (i suspect thats the issue you are having). I don't usually play goody goody types, succubus, necromancers, etc, in a D&D i would be more or less chaotic neutral down the list with chaotic and evil being higher on the list than lawful or good... 

Edit: Tried it without Dyndolod, then re-ran it it again and I can get pass Valtheim archway now. But still CTD around ivarstead bridges.

When installing Cleaner Bridges - No More Bridge Dirt, It says to take first option, which I assume is SMIM.

Then it asks:

2) Do you use Blended Roads? Yes/No. I selected No. As it's not in the list.

3) SMIM Bridge Type

-Bridges (Recommended)

-Bridges Old Stonework

-Bridges Real Roads

Was wondering what options we were supposed to be taken? By the mod's instructions should take "Bridges Real Roads."

Just curious if this is what's causing me to CTD.

On another note, I might just try abandoning Lawbringer. But I'd lose my save which is about 28 hours of playing - I just avoided that area and did the Dawnguard DLC and raising Vampire ranks. Zero crashes in 28 hours of that.

I might try a new game without Lawbreaker and run up to Ivarstead to see.

3 hours ago, jaeos said:

Yes, depth of field, thats what i was trying to remember. you can adjust to how strong it is as well, so it can be just a little blurry like normal vision or you can make it where everything looks like you need glasses. 

I'll play around with the settings and see if I can get it working better. I am also experiencing this weird graphical bug that makes skin textures look bad, and it's only been present since I did a clean install of everything and this blur effect popped up.  In the two screen shots you can see a sort of shiny effect on the skin textures, but theres also sometimes a weird mesh pattern that shows up instead. If anyone has an idea how I might fix this I'd appreciate it.

Spoiler

ScreenShot4.png.5e3fbf980437acb87d38e11ee13da2ad.pngScreenShot3.png.b5aff673a0b29c40c0889ff1d43e6071.png

edit: some more examples of a skin texture problem for I'm hoping is caused by a common issue. When I am testing for fixes, I shouldn't need to re-run bodyslide each time I change something and launch the game right?

Spoiler

Untitled1.jpg.35f00113fa54fc223934e94148fffe17.jpgUntitled.jpg.15b9d66aaf3d1b748b2a4829c3fd3113.jpg

O.o

Two days off and the thread blows up... Again...

@Dirknina

Depends on the mod. Changes to the landscape take ~1-2 weeks as i have to walk around in that area for quite some time (criss-crossing the landscape, fast travel from different locations, etc). NPC are a bit easier, big mods take a month or so, smaller things just a few days (testing Oil and Nordic Beds SE atm).

@asdj1239

The mod for the wrists is not causing that issue that is the skeleton or the physics for the body. But, and thats the hard part, a seemingly unrelated mod might interfere (in my case it was 'animated parasites') that screws this up.

@Eien808

In the folder 'Addons' are several configurations for the DOF of the ENB. Manually changing stuff can have very interesting results.

The only crashes i had around ivarstead were caused by a missing patch for books (there's one at a broken column) and using the pups of 'immersive creatures'.

Cumshot 2.2 works nicely and will be added later.

Since my old build there have been 'a few' changes. Also a lot of the mods got updated.

Last time i had to reinstall i went block by block 'til i got everything i wanted. But leave DynDOLOD out for the first few runs. In case you missed something having to rerun it is not much fun (i already have 263 reruns). ;)

I hear that. I only noticed it after I installed my new graphics card. Something got borked bad I don't think mod makers would check and lock graphics setting in their mods. I tried everything before nuking it. Hopefully with my new gt1070ti card I get better frames with this new list. On a side note I did get being female working but it was a pita not for novices.

@asdj1239 that looks like 2 overlays applying at the same time. when you installed the skin did you put wet look on it or a matte look? Here's why. Wet function redux adds an overlay of "wetness" based on several things. Water being one of them. Arousal being another. if the skin is wet to begin with and you add the overlay from wet function it has a tendency to look.. slimy.. try reinstalling the skin and make it matte or as non shiny as possible and see if that clears up your issue. 

@Eien808 you can also open racemenu, rename the char and it will start a whole new save folder. I have test characters with the name as what i'm testing on them throughout skyrim. once you change the name you can save, open the mcm and (i think) shut off lawbringer, save, unclick it in MO2 and it might not corrupt the save when you log it in again. But your original char is saved as is, without making a new char in the prison cell.

Once in a while, Skyrim will freeze up on me, and while I can Alt-Tab to select a different window that is running, Windows will never go to that window and selecting the X for Skyrim in an attempt to close it that way doesn't work.  I end up having to reboot.  Does anyone have another trick for closing Skyrim that doesn't need a forced shutdown/reboot?

12 minutes ago, Daikomyo said:

Once in a while, Skyrim will freeze up on me, and while I can Alt-Tab to select a different window that is running, Windows will never go to that window and selecting the X for Skyrim in an attempt to close it that way doesn't work.  I end up having to reboot.  Does anyone have another trick for closing Skyrim that doesn't need a forced shutdown/reboot?

If you're talking about when Skyrim locks up with a black screen and doesn't close down - and switching to different windows just keeps the black skyrim screen covering it...
I found running task manager in a separate desktop (windows key + tab in Win10) and switching to that to end the process works. (Also, it may differ for others, but I'm unable to create that second desktop while skyrim is locking up - but with it created already I can switch.)

2 hours ago, Aylis said:

O.o

Two days off and the thread blows up... Again...

@Dirknina

Depends on the mod. Changes to the landscape take ~1-2 weeks as i have to walk around in that area for quite some time (criss-crossing the landscape, fast travel from different locations, etc). NPC are a bit easier, big mods take a month or so, smaller things just a few days (testing Oil and Nordic Beds SE atm).

@asdj1239

The mod for the wrists is not causing that issue that is the skeleton or the physics for the body. But, and thats the hard part, a seemingly unrelated mod might interfere (in my case it was 'animated parasites') that screws this up.

@Eien808

In the folder 'Addons' are several configurations for the DOF of the ENB. Manually changing stuff can have very interesting results.

The only crashes i had around ivarstead were caused by a missing patch for books (there's one at a broken column) and using the pups of 'immersive creatures'.

Cumshot 2.2 works nicely and will be added later.

Hi Aylis and thanks for responding. What patch for books are you talking about? And I'll disable those wolf pups too.

1 hour ago, Eien808 said:

If you're talking about when Skyrim locks up with a black screen and doesn't close down - and switching to different windows just keeps the black skyrim screen covering it...
I found running task manager in a separate desktop (windows key + tab in Win10) and switching to that to end the process works. (Also, it may differ for others, but I'm unable to create that second desktop while skyrim is locking up - but with it created already I can switch.)

Hi Aylis and thanks for responding. What patch for books are you talking about? And I'll disable those wolf pups too.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

2 hours ago, Eien808 said:

What patch for books are you talking about? And I'll disable those wolf pups too.

The one from QUASIPC.

Added an entry for the pups (aka fixed what i forgot to add).

@ ALL

SKSE had a few hiccups with the last version (.18). I'll be testing .19 now and inform you if there's trouble with it. If you use .17 stick with it for a while longer...

'Armor Rating Redux' seems to have a problem with .19. Checking for updates -> Found one -> Fixed the MCM error.

Also ran around in this area for ~3 hours now. No crashes...

Spoiler

ScreenShot911.jpg.9a1b7ede470999008a95c475bb9a7f9c.jpg

Also the 'Alternative Armor: Dwarven Mail' is for free in the CC. Again no bodyslide.

15 hours ago, jaeos said:

@asdj1239 that looks like 2 overlays applying at the same time. when you installed the skin did you put wet look on it or a matte look? Here's why. Wet function redux adds an overlay of "wetness" based on several things. Water being one of them. Arousal being another. if the skin is wet to begin with and you add the overlay from wet function it has a tendency to look.. slimy.. try reinstalling the skin and make it matte or as non shiny as possible and see if that clears up your issue. 

@jaeos Thanks for the reply. One of the first things I tried was to just re-install the skin I'm using (Bijin), I also tried it with Aylis' skin - still had the same issue. I never select the wet effect for the Bijin skin so I guess that can't be the problem, I've now also tried running the game with WetFunctionRedux disabled but that didn't fix the issue either. I've tried disabling each of the lighting mods individually to see if I still got the effect and I do. I also think I used to get the effect regardless of whether or not I use ENB effects but it seems like I've changed something and now the effect disappears without ENB effects enabled, except this creates other graphical problems for skin texture especially with shadows (I'm assuming this is to be expected though?). It's getting hard to keep track of everything I've checked but I think I also tried disabling arousal mods, I will also double check this.

At this stage I'm getting tempted to do a fresh install again and hopefully fix all my issues at once, but both this problem and the bad blur effect I'm getting only showed up after doing a fresh install of the game and mod list so I'm not very hopeful about that.

Something that I didn't see covered in the guide was what settings you should choose in the Skyrim launcher before you initialize the game for the first time - I have been playing around with these myself but are there recommendations from Aylis for this, and whether any of the settings in the launcher might produce problems?

edit:

I think you were right - I unticked "EnableWetEffects" (or something like that) in the ENB menu and that got rid of the shiny skin effect. Is it now simply a matter of me disabling and enabling mods that do something with wet effects until I find the culprit, or would I also need to rerun applications like DynDOLOD or BodySlide? I should note that oddly, this graphical problem seems to affect characters regardless of whether or not they are actually wet

edit2:

I couldn't figure out which mod was causing the problems so I am just going to disable "EnableWetEffects" and hope that I'm not losing any visual functionality from any of the mods in this list. I also managed to fix my blur issues - I'm not entirely sure how I did it but I think it might have been from opening the Skyrim Launcher, and under settings reducing the blur for everything (probably only needed to do character model) to 0

5 hours ago, Aylis said:

The one from QUASIPC.

Added an entry for the pups (aka fixed what i forgot to add).

Oh, gotcha. yes I have that plugin. As for pups I think I did it right: MCM -> Immersive Creatures -> Additional Spawns -> Spawn Type -> Deactivate Animal Spawns. (Do all spawn types need to be disabled?)

I feel really bad that you spent 3 hours running around the area I was asking about - but I sincerely appreciate it and your love for this game and your project.

Also, when I uninstalled lawbringer and reinstalled to get my save back - the installer sorted the .esp's for lawbringer alphabetically. Meaning the LCO_Framework.esp was in the middle. Unsure if that causes problems but thought I'd share that.

As of right now, lawbringer .esp re-order, re-installed cleaner bridges, disabled animal spawns, re-ran dyndolod - things seem to be good so far. Will update if anything changes - but thank you everyone for your help, replies, and time.

17 hours ago, Daikomyo said:

I'll use ctrl+alt+del and tell it to restart, then cancel as soon as skyrim shuts off. Sometimes steam has to be restarted, MO2 has to be but its a little faster than a whole reboot.