• 2 weeks later...

I tinkered around with this in CK for a little while, in an attempt to iron out some issues. But two things have stuck with me.
The first issue and one that is shared with nigh all custom race mods, is the lack of expression sliders in RaceMenu. No idea how to actually fix this though.
The second issue that I found was the availability of Khajiit Eye colors, with no indication in CK what might cause it. I do not have any other mods enabling this either.

By the way, I'd much rather prefer this mod's file structure over your new LE version, it just feels more compact.
Anyhow, I'm still glad that this mod will eventually see some updates as well.

29 minutes ago, LegendOfJan said:

The first issue and one that is shared with nigh all custom race mods, is the lack of expression sliders in RaceMenu. No idea how to actually fix this though.

The "Expression" sliders in RaceMenu don't actually load the real expressions used by the game when talking or whatever, they just load some custom "morphs" (like the "Nose Shape" ones are, for example) that mimic the look of the expressions. This means each race needs to have a matching TRI file with said "fake expressions, actually morphs" for RM to load them and work. Which custom races don't have, as is the case here.

You are better off just using the MFG console commands to load whichever phonemes or expressions you want to use.

29 minutes ago, LegendOfJan said:

The second issue that I found was the availability of Khajiit Eye colors, with no indication in CK what might cause it. I do not have any other mods enabling this either.

Side effect of how RaceCompatibility works. It needs to add the custom race to one of the vanilla HeadParts*race name* lists; that's why all custom races using RC need to have a vanilla "proxy race", as the custom race is aded to the proxy race's lists. This is done on runtime via script for compatibility reasons, so it's not visible when you load the mod into xEdit/CK.

Lykaios use Khajiit as proxy and are added to the Khajiit lists, so any hairs, eyes or any other head parts available for Khajiit also show up for Lykaios. No real way to prevent it, and only has positive effects anyway (e.g. more eye options for Lykaios, any mod-added hairs or eyes for Khajiit will work on Lykaios without the need for patches).

11 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

The "Expression" sliders in RaceMenu don't actually load the real expressions used by the game when talking or whatever, they just load some custom "morphs" (like the "Nose Shape" ones are, for example) that mimic the look of the expressions. This means each race needs to have a matching TRI file with said "fake expressions, actually morphs" for RM to load them and work. Which custom races don't have, as is the case here.

Is there a handy place where this is described? I might like to do that for races I'm working on. MFG is pretty good, but RaceMenu might be more convenient.

Lykaios file structure is what I got from KK. I'm sure she didn't intend it as final and if I'd fixed it earlier on that would have been better, but I'm not fixing it now.

I am unsure of the NPC's voices, I am referring to the playable character's voice. The character I made, makes all his noises with the Khajiit voice, not the Nord one. (I may be wrong but I recall it being Nord in the old version of this mod) Thank you for the prompt reply though, I was pleasantly surprised :)

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:01 AM, DarkWolf207 said:

Any chance we can get a date on when you will update the SE version? 
and thank you for all the hard work and effort you put into these amazing mods!

ran it through nif optimizer and have had no issues, aside from the male hair provided glitching out entirely, deleting it though hasn't led to anything weird.

Alright so i cant seem to make sse use this race. I have the base version (no SOS or CBBE) and i use Mo2 for my downloads but i cant seem to get the game to recognise the damn race! Ive been useing KK's legacy version from nexus but im trying to upgrade. I have Race compatibility installed and Mo2 and LOOT both say that everything is in order but showracemenu and the starting menu dont have lykaios listed as a race nor does console let me force change to lykaios.. Dont know how to fix because im net to modding but any assistance is appreciated.

Mod list: https://modwat.ch/u/Snow_9847/plugins

25 minutes ago, Snow_9847 said:

Alright so i cant seem to make sse use this race. I have the base version (no SOS or CBBE) and i use Mo2 for my downloads but i cant seem to get the game to recognise the damn race! Ive been useing KK's legacy version from nexus but im trying to upgrade. I have Race compatibility installed and Mo2 and LOOT both say that everything is in order but showracemenu and the starting menu dont have lykaios listed as a race nor does console let me force change to lykaios.. Dont know how to fix because im net to modding but any assistance is appreciated.

If you are new to modding mo2 is for more advanced users while Vortex is a mod manager for newer people as it seems vortex works well with mods.

On 9/14/2019 at 1:57 AM, jeezy01 said:

Hello Bad Dog! I'm having an issue that causes my Lykaios' tail to stick straight out. Do you have any solutions. I don't think it's just because he's happy to see me ?

I was hoping someone else had an answer. Means the tail animations aren't working but I don't know why.

51 minutes ago, Snow_9847 said:

i cant seem to get the game to recognise the damn race!

I'm not seeing a problem in the mod list. Since you're using MO try making a profile with just Lykaios in it and see what that does. Also try re-downloading and re-installing. 

35 minutes ago, Articclaw said:

If you are new to modding mo2 is for more advanced users while Vortex is a mod manager for newer people as it seems vortex works well with mods.

Ya, no. Wrong wrong wrong. Follow the S.T.E.P. guide to get up to speed with MO and don't use Vortex ever at all.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, FurgerBurger said:

Hey Bad Dog long time fan. Anyways, just asking if the npc's are compatible with SE.

14 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Seems like I didn't do a conversion. But the bird NPCs worked out of the box, so it's worth a try.

They should, that's exactly what I did when I merged the updated Lykaios. 

• 2 weeks later...