Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot0.png

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot1.png

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot2.png

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot3.png

Hello! I've started modding skyrim again and Lykaios race is a must have mod for me.

But I've found out there are still the recurring issues with the textures, it is really annoying! 

For example dark lines on thighs, dark spot in the groin and visible seams between legs and body.

I think it has something to do with the leftovers of the UV map from the SOS version?

I sent some pictures.

I'm trying to do an SE port of the latest LE version, but the female head speculars are screwing up somehow. I'm getting shiny heads like maybe it's missing--but it's not. Does anybody know if speculars are special in SE in some way?

11 hours ago, GhostlyLurker said:

I keep getting a script extender plugin error showing, ''hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll'' (Lykaios_Schlongs_SE.2.5.0.7z): not a valid dll (code 193).   My games broken to begin with and I gotta reload all my mods but thought I should throw this in.

Can confirm this-my install is fresh and comparatively bug free, and it's doing this as well.

Anyone know what the NPCs esp is supposed to add? if it adds any NPCs, I've yet to find them.

See upthread. Or one of my threads. The dll and other files snuck into the kit when I wasn't looking. You can delete anything under the SKSE folder that doesn't start with "BD" or "hdtm_bd".

NPCs are by the alchemist's hut in the Rift. They go drink at the Vilemyr Inn in the evenings.

On 3/22/2020 at 2:03 PM, Bad Dog said:

I'm trying to do an SE port of the latest LE version, but the female head speculars are screwing up somehow. I'm getting shiny heads like maybe it's missing--but it's not. Does anybody know if speculars are special in SE in some way?

I recently saw the LE version being updated with new texture variants and gave it a try with the SSE version (renamed the texture files accordingly). I did not have any issue with the female head specular map whatsoever. Weird...

8 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Thanks. That helps.

I'm seriously bad at reading sarcasm, but to add to your initial question of speculars being any different:

Not to my knowledge, however, I remember when I stitched together a Werewolf body with MadMan's head resource, the head appeared with a "glossy" shine in game.
I compared relevant flags in Nifskope with working SSE models and set them accordingly. Sounds 'hella unprofessional but it did the trick. So perhaps the head mesh has some issues right now, rather than the textures.

The update to the SSE edition would still be nice to have. If the specular texture problem cannot be resolved, I don't think it would be much of an issue to ship it with the previous ones.

On a related note:
Since we got a working 3BBB digi skeleton now, fixing the knees/legs still is not going to happen, right? It does not occur too often, but sometimes it just looks unhealthy *__*

That wasn't sarcasm at all. With this stuff, there are so many unknowns any information at all helps. In this case, your information tells me it's not a problem in the specular files themselves, which means I'm pointing to the wrong filepath or there's something about the mesh. That narrows it down.

Not sure what the problem with knees & legs is. A pic would help. I would say the worst problem was more in calves and feet. Trying to get everything to move right with a skeleton that's not designed for this is tricky.

Gave all the files a test drive and here are my findings:

1) Textures work just fine on Players, but oddly enough the female NPC displays exactly the bug you described.Her face is covered in an almost wetness-like shine. Cannot replicate the issue within the Creationkit, however.

2) Digi Skeleton is 1-2mm too "short"; their paws still sink into the ground by a tiny amount. If this was to be fixable, I think doing it with the 3BBB version would also be beneficial (the included one is still your OG Skeleton from last December)

3) Some tintmasks seem to be missing, like the ear paint for example. Haven't checked for all in the CK yet; just found out about it while trying to replicate the shiny textures.

Hey there. By any chance will there be a texture patch for SAM Light and SAM High Poly Conversion? I mean the texture on the nipples are off, I mean they're literally below the nipple meshes. 

Bara Tiddies warning XD

20200329215824_1.jpg.118f2700b460fa8d8336554d00016dbb.jpg20200329215829_1.jpg.7812cc259199c751de21de49b006cffe.jpg

Also, here's wearing underwear under there because PG. I just saw the nipples as... off...

20200329221537_1.jpg.ec1173843f0072dfd99628c73812fd18.jpg

Aaaanyways, here's the page where the mods are so you can try making a patch, please. Yep, it exists XD: https://vectorplexus.com/profile/90-kouleifoh/content/?type=downloads_file&change_section=1

On 3/29/2020 at 5:58 AM, LegendOfJan said:

1) Textures work just fine on Players, but oddly enough the female NPC displays exactly the bug you described.Her face is covered in an almost wetness-like shine. Cannot replicate the issue within the Creationkit, however.

Dammit. I checked the PC but you're right, I think it was on the NPC that I saw it before. That helps actually--I'll go look at facegen. Maybe I changed the texture paths and didn't re-gen.

On 3/29/2020 at 5:58 AM, LegendOfJan said:

2) Digi Skeleton is 1-2mm too "short"; their paws still sink into the ground by a tiny amount. If this was to be fixable, I think doing it with the 3BBB version would also be beneficial (the included one is still your OG Skeleton from last December)

Dafuq is 3BBB anyway? Do I really have to research this? I build on the XPMSE skeleton--does 3BBB really have a different one? Is it compatible? Ugh.

Also you can't tell if the paws are really sinking into the ground unless you go stand on a deck, dock, or table. Those nifs have the actual floor where the visible floor is. Rocks have it a bit high, grass a bit low.

I'll check the tintmasks.

@Fenrir0713, I'm not doing SAM. Just heard it doesn't support new races anyway.

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Dammit. I checked the PC but you're right, I think it was on the NPC that I saw it before. That helps actually--I'll go look at facegen. Maybe I changed the texture paths and didn't re-gen.

Dafuq is 3BBB anyway? Do I really have to research this? I build on the XPMSE skeleton--does 3BBB really have a different one? Is it compatible? Ugh.

Also you can't tell if the paws are really sinking into the ground unless you go stand on a deck, dock, or table. Those nifs have the actual floor where the visible floor is. Rocks have it a bit high, grass a bit low.

I'll check the tintmasks.

@Fenrir0713, I'm not doing SAM. Just heard it doesn't support new races anyway.

3BBB is a continuation of the official CBBE SMP body that also operates with CBP. Your regular digi-skeleton is incompatible with it (breasts deform) but we "do" have a compatible skeleton in this thread easily accessible. I just mentioned it again so that perhaps you may include directly in the file selection, but that's totally up for you to consider.

I went to the Solitude Docks and on the table in the dev room. It's negligible, perhaps even caused by Static Mesh Improvements, but the issue persists. This was tested with the 3BBB Compatibly Digi-Skeleton that is based on your Skeleton from last December.

20200330164714_1.jpg

20200330164807_1.jpg

Found the specular problem. Seems like SE doesn't allow the texture set to override the specular texture, but LE does. Fucking Skyrim.

Working on the feet clipping problem. Unrelated discovered that the script doesn't catch going into a crouch anymore, so digi feet float in a crouch. Turns out I broke that when I changed how I caught animations. There is no easy way to catch when you're sneaking. I used to catch all the sneak animations but that's a script load. Turns out it's doable with a condition on a magic effect (effect only applies if you're sneaking) so I'll give that a try. 

More as it happens.

Found a brilliant way to catch sneaking and swimming--set up a magic effect with conditions that look for those. Don't have to much with animations. Still need to catch animations for IdleSitCrossLeggedEnter, IdleLayDownEnter, IdleBedRollRightEnterStart, and IdleGreyBeardMeditateEnter at those require RCAE, which means they won't work on SE. 

Lykaios are ready to go but maybe I'll do the potion and spell on the schlongs before I put it up.

8 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Found a brilliant way to catch sneaking and swimming--set up a magic effect with conditions that look for those. Don't have to much with animations. Still need to catch animations for IdleSitCrossLeggedEnter, IdleLayDownEnter, IdleBedRollRightEnterStart, and IdleGreyBeardMeditateEnter at those require RCAE, which means they won't work on SE. 

Lykaios are ready to go but maybe I'll do the potion and spell on the schlongs before I put it up.

Dude I'm suprised that there is so much "behind the scenes" work like scripting needed to be done to create a race with a custom skeleton. Anyway, thanks for still putting work into this. I know that SE isn't your prefered Skyrim modding scene.

4 hours ago, Hige10 said:

I'm also getting that foot paw clipping into the ground so there's no way to fix it for SE yet huh? Also thanks so much for making the mods work for SE greatly appreciated ❤️

Been more than a year now since the offical SE Version and its still getting worked on. FeelsGoodMan Clap

Gah. Today's hassle is that NiOverride seems not to be a thing on SE. Anybody know about it? It's in the RaceMenu modder's package but do people have to download that? It's marked as incorporated in SKEE somehow, but is that real? Whatever, it's not doing the thing. My digi feet aren't getting lifted up like they should and that's not scripting, that's just the NiOverride doing its thing. 

Also the scripts are failing with "unable to bind script to active effect because their base types do not match" -- but they match fine on LE so I don't know what's going on here.

59 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Gah. Today's hassle is that NiOverride seems not to be a thing on SE. Anybody know about it? It's in the RaceMenu modder's package but do people have to download that? It's marked as incorporated in SKEE somehow, but is that real? Whatever, it's not doing the thing. My digi feet aren't getting lifted up like they should and that's not scripting, that's just the NiOverride doing its thing. 

Also the scripts are failing with "unable to bind script to active effect because their base types do not match" -- but they match fine on LE so I don't know what's going on here.

I certainly do not have it installed and I use RaceMenu without issue. There is a netimmerse.pex, though. Nioverride doesn't even seem to be a requirement for HDT High Heels anymore.