On 10/16/2020 at 12:08 PM, venomr said:

I found a bodyslide file earlier in this topic. The path it builds to is

skyrim special edition\data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\lykaios\female\femalehandskhajiit_1

but when I open up creation kit and see which path the lykaios use for their hand models, its

actors\character\BDBeastModels\femalehandsbeast_1

So basically Bodyslide is putting the hand models in Bucket #1 but the Lykaios mod is only looking in Bucket #2.

I can think of two solutions:

Solution 1:

You can navigate to the computer file where bodyslide is putting the nifs. Copy and then paste them into the folder of this mod. You'll have to change the name from "femalehandskhajiit_0" and make it to "femalehandsbeast_0" so you can overwrite the _0 files of the lykaios mod. ( do the same for the _1 file)

Solution 2:

With bodyslide open, navigate to the "lykaios CBBE Hands." (you can find it quickly by typing lyka into the search bar at the top right corner of the bodyslide screen.)  Next click the small icon that looks like a woman's torso with a blue arrow on it. (Its at the top of the screen) When you hover over it, should say "opens the current project in outfit studio." Click on that button.

Once outfit studio opens up, you should see the lykaios hands. At the top of the screen, choose "file" and then when the menu opens, look for the "save project as" option. A new window will pop up.

See where it says "output file name?" You want this to be the name of the lykaios hand files from the mods folder, so change it to  "femalehandsbeast" ( don't use quotation marks though)

Next you want to change the "output data path" so that bodyslide puts the files into the correct bucket for the mod to read. You want this to say

meshes\actors\character\BDBeastModels

Now you can save and close outfit studio. Choose a random outfit, then go back to the Lykaios CBBE feet. ( this will refresh bodyslide.) Now click the big build button at the bottom. When the "process successful" window pops up, look at the path to make sure its putting files into the proper mod folder. Now when you check in game, the wrist gaps should be gone.

Repeat the process for the feet and you should be fine.

---

Ah pardon us. Bodyslide is a staple for many PC modders so we don't often come across people who aren't familiar with it on a basic level. 

Essentially, bodyslide allows you to change the proportions of the body (fat, muscular, breasts, thighs, belly, etc.) You can also make it so that there is variance based on a characters weight (for example, characters closer to weight 0 could be skinny but their butts would get bigger and bigger as they approached weight 100.) You can keep things realistic or you can exaggerate your favorite body parts. 

Basically you set a "maximum" and a "minimum" and then the game will calculate all the changes from 0 to 100. Here's what I use in my game. As I move the weight slider, her body grows bigger and bigger until it reaches the limit I set. 

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot39.png.1d5e0f4dbfe74902c07f6de39ae1123a.png

ScreenShot40.png.33ac0dc688f475b6141133ea78428334.png

ScreenShot41.png.394d8a45ce97448cbcbe2a83a24cf390.png

ScreenShot42.png.39a85cddc4efab95dbc6b4c55f582eb0.png

Here's an example of what bodyslide can do to a follower. The skinny version is the default from the nexus, while the busty version is what happens when I apply my bodyslide preset to it.

Reveal hidden contents

859190533_kitiaraScreenShot50.png.35571456a373801fed4f484e080bee8d.png1862829191_kitiaraScreenShot49.png.1a289e9eafe690df001006e90026803c.png

And here I spawned a bunch of the same kind of monster. Since their weights are different, they ended up having different physical proportions.

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot35.png.988a72a58056a846c8599ecf9063ef7b.pngScreenShot37.png.9f246013893e2a3d4e1b90f3cf771ab6.pngScreenShot36.png.ff6f67c40c01985c534f99a0915ff77a.pngScreenShot34.png.080c7289730039afd3d8278ad76c0fc7.png

ScreenShot38.png.972a2fb20b93ab481114b20784b09a1e.png

There's some neat stuff you can do too. For example I made it so that whenever a female equips this specific armor, her left breast will become slightly larger than her right breast, and that her larger breast wont jiggle. ( for my immersion its like one of her breasts is tightly packed into the armor and so it can't bounce around.)

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot43.png.fe28a10c8158e8662eda294476b09166.png

ScreenShot45.png.e4c81011f3917976c7c243ee5b86b012.png

Bodyslide even works on human shaped monsters like Atronachs, falmer and draugr.

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot48.png.f10ef6a01bd850a0e0aca985dcef38ab.png

ScreenShot49.png.14fb50ffb7dc09d69ac832d3e16a98ac.png

ScreenShot50.png.f210308a574097d0bdbe479128da8000.png

okay so how do you go about fixing the feet seems then? do the files also need renamed?

On 11/1/2020 at 5:52 PM, lugeek04 said:

Never used first person mods but had this problem since the beginning. Other characters look fine, it's just the lykaios head shadow that's missing. I tried to fix it using NifSkope, but everything seemed to be fine there.

Wait, what? The dirty secret here is that Skyrim doesn't actually use the hands you see in 3rd person as the hands in 1st person, for reasons I've never really understood but having to do with the fact that those hands are fake and aren't really attached to a body, and don't really do the motions your 3rd person hands do. 

I usually forget to update the 1st person hands because I always run with a first-person mod -- Immersive First Person View on LE -- so I'm always seeing the 3rd person hands, even in 1st person.

So if you're using a first-person mod you should be having fewer problems, not more.

On 11/2/2020 at 9:01 AM, Gilgamesh Hyral said:

Whenever I change the color of my fur, the white chest fur almost takes the same color but is still visible. I'm able to using the fox replacer but I don't really want a fox, I love the Lykaios.

Yeah, limits to what can be done with the skin tint slider. Overlays might help but I haven't done anything with them for the canine races.

On 11/5/2020 at 9:30 AM, Luka10 said:

i strongly recommend getting a mod oragnizer like Mod organizer 2

This. S.T.E.P (Skyrim Total Enhancement Project) will walk you through setting it up.

If you don't want to do that, each download (as listed in the OP) builds on the one before. Load Live Another Life, load the first, check it out. If it works without glitches, load the next, check it out. Rinse and repeat. 

13 hours ago, malachiwuff said:

This Lykaios looks so much better than anything on console. It would be great to get this version ported over.

PC master race :P yeah it would be nice ,but you know pc is always gonna have more mods since it's probably easier to make mods on PC for PC.

2 hours ago, Ohgun said:

I remember that the old version of the Lykaios race had Femfeet meshes as an optional install. Will you consider implementing them in future updates of the Lykaios and other beast races? As an optional install preferably.

I too would not mind this feature. Bad Dog is an amazing race creator however he does have a huge workload. If he were able to do this as an update, that would be fantastic though.

still havnt figured out why the hdt tails arrent working, no i did not replace xmpse's skeletons if thats what you, the reader, are wondering

i tried reinstalling it wilst replacing the tail files and withoud replacing the tail files, i also have a laptop, installed sse on it, installed the race mod and its options and requirements (cbbe, hdt mod, tail physics, xmpse) and still isnt working, tested with and withoud replacing the tail files and new saves

• 2 weeks later...

Does lykaios NPC need schlongstuff? MO2 says it has BDSchlongcore, Lykaiosschlongs, schlongcore, and schlongsofskyrim as masters. However, Cat and Deer races don't need those esps. And Horse does. (HorseNPC and HorseLAL need BDSchlongcore and SOScore) Do i need schlongstuffs installed? can i run without? i don't want to break my game or waste time so i'm gonna ask here first.

I have this problem, but I can survive with the prev version XD.

PD: is there any way to change the body colors (of Lykaios Reborn) for parts? I mean, you can change the belly color of any way with another torso color? something like that:

In the imagen the belly, chest and crotch is red, and the rest of the torso is black, thats possible? And the but and tail? I personally love this character, and the best recreation of her in the game I can do is all in black, the hair without details and the red eyes. I don´t care about details, but I would love to change de torso colors. Thanks for all the help and replies about my question!

CuWV4QgXEAEaJVA.jpg

On 12/9/2020 at 6:58 PM, Manchitas said:

PD: is there any way to change the body colors (of Lykaios Reborn) for parts? I mean, you can change the belly color of any way with another torso color? something like that:

In the imagen the belly, chest and crotch is red, and the rest of the torso is black, thats possible? And the but and tail? I personally love this character, and the best recreation of her in the game I can do is all in black, the hair without details and the red eyes. I don´t care about details, but I would love to change de torso colors. Thanks for all the help and replies about my question!

CuWV4QgXEAEaJVA.jpg

Tried it myself. no good on race-menu's side. skin tone is controlled by only one slide. the only way you'll get such a colour scheme is to use tattoos. the best i could find are those by DomainWolf in nexus but its not perfect.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20446

best bet is to ether wait until someone with texturing skills makes one or make one yourself, OR use existing tattoos overlayed under or over each other to somehow make it.

I'm having a problem with the baddogschlongcore.esm. Both vortex and wrye bash are showing it as a legacy file. I've tried running it through creation kit, but it won't save and it is a master file for the Lykaios race. I'm stuck and out of ideas.

Edit: I might have fixed it, I also might have destroyed my Skyrim game. I monkey wrenched the hell out of it and ran it threw CK, and its form 44 now.

On 12/9/2020 at 2:58 AM, Manchitas said:

CuWV4QgXEAEaJVA.jpg

This might be an oversimplification of your problem, but you might be able to get the color by using a khajiit texture. The body meshes are very similar, so you should be able to just find a khajiit texture you like and swap them out. I'm no modder so most of my ideas are borderline nutz most of the time, but maybe it will work.

3 hours ago, larpo said:

I'm having a problem with the baddogschlongcore.esm. Both vortex and wrye bash are showing it as a legacy file. I've tried running it through creation kit, but it won't save and it is a master file for the Lykaios race. I'm stuck and out of ideas.

Fix 1: Ignore Vortex and Wrye Bash because Vortex is stupid and Wrye Bash is giving you information, not advice. The file works fine without conversion.

Fix 2: Rename the esm to an esp, load in CK, save, rename from esp back to esm.

Fix 3: Wait a bit, I'll update the race.