[mod] [CK2] Tale of Nine Tails

Version 1.2 is released.

Changelog:

• New spell - Foxfire
    • Usable in combat, deals minor damage to enemy troops and their morale (less if commanded by a kitsune), has chance to wound enemy commanders and very small chance to kill them.
    • Available from 4 and more tails, three tiers, unlocked at 6 and 8 tails, you can choose how powerful you want it before use.
  • Kitsune trait inherit chance brought back to 25%
  • Kitsune/Demon and Kitsune/Vampire hybrids will now lose their kitsune spirit
    • Kitsune AI chance to infuse with demon blood is lowered, so you don't lose all your fluffies
  • DW Extra overwrites is back
  • Hopefully fixed issue with Akane being killed by her sister

All mods overwriting vanilla 'is_inaccessible_trigger' scripted trigger (excluding House Irae) is incompatible with this and future updates.

Will require a new game for a "Akane being murdered" issue fix to work, though new game is recommended anyway

• 2 weeks later...

I had an older version (1.0.3) that was working perfectly fine. I decide to play again, and start over. I downloaded the latest version of my mods, including tales of Nine tails. It seems to make my game crash during the loading part whenever I shatter world. I don't plan on playing a Kitsune this time, so it doesn't matter too much. Here's my mod list, most of these are from Loverslab:

image.png.5a7957cbef7c670c41163dfa622eb9b5.png

Trade Improve, Reformed african, autobuild, six Doctrine, UCT are from Workshop. Others are from loverslab.

I am not trying to get help, as I said, I won't need it for this playthrough, I just thought that maybe there is a conflict with one of my mods, and that if it happens to other, they could compare and try to troobleshoot the conflict.

Hope these data help some people.

Also, I'm gonna use that time to thank you for the amazing mod, I really enjoyed playing a kitsune in my last playthrough.

4 hours ago, Elgate said:

I had an older version (1.0.3) that was working perfectly fine. I decide to play again, and start over. I downloaded the latest version of my mods, including tales of Nine tails. It seems to make my game crash during the loading part whenever I shatter world. I don't plan on playing a Kitsune this time, so it doesn't matter too much. Here's my mod list, most of these are from Loverslab:

Trade Improve, Reformed african, autobuild, six Doctrine, UCT are from Workshop. Others are from loverslab.

I am not trying to get help, as I said, I won't need it for this playthrough, I just thought that maybe there is a conflict with one of my mods, and that if it happens to other, they could compare and try to troobleshoot the conflict.

Hope these data help some people.

Also, I'm gonna use that time to thank you for the amazing mod, I really enjoyed playing a kitsune in my last playthrough.

You use historical naming for religions and cultures? I've never tested with shattered/random world, as I don't have any interest in it, but I think using any option but historical there will cause crashing, I'll test it now, but I think this is the reason

Edit: testing with all DWF modules + DW Extras + House Irae DWF version. Random names do not caused crashing in shattered worlds, no issues on a first look, I'll test some other things

Edit â„–2: All settings on Full random or random, no crashes in shattered world. Turning off ToNT fixes crashing? Because even things I thought will not work well still do. Only issue is kitsune culture/shinto not being like supposed to be, but that is expected with randomisation

Summary: I have no idea what could cause crashing. I can't reproduce it on a basic supported mod list. Not gonna check with others.

When troubleshooting, do the halving method. Take your modlist and uncheck half of those mods in the launcher. Check to see if the problem persists. If the problem goes away, one of those mods you unchecked was the problem. If it does persist, one of the mods still there is the problem.

Start adding or removing mods one by one, restarting the game each time, until something changes. The mod that you recently added/removed is the culprit.

On 5/5/2019 at 5:10 PM, Rascalov1337 said:

You use historical naming for religions and cultures? I've never tested with shattered/random world, as I don't have any interest in it, but I think using any option but historical there will cause crashing, I'll test it now, but I think this is the reason

Edit: testing with all DWF modules + DW Extras + House Irae DWF version. Random names do not caused crashing in shattered worlds, no issues on a first look, I'll test some other things

Edit â„–2: All settings on Full random or random, no crashes in shattered world. Turning off ToNT fixes crashing? Because even things I thought will not work well still do. Only issue is kitsune culture/shinto not being like supposed to be, but that is expected with randomisation

Summary: I have no idea what could cause crashing. I can't reproduce it on a basic supported mod list. Not gonna check with others.

I was giving up since I didn't plan on playing a kitsune this time, but since you took some of your time to answer I went back on it. I turned off everything, but ToNT and it didn't work. It's either an incompatibility with v 3.1 (I doubt it's that, i assume more people would have the problem as well) or my installation of the mod that is wrong. I think I might have fucked up somewhere ? Thanks for your time and have a great day

12 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:

When troubleshooting, do the halving method. Take your modlist and uncheck half of those mods in the launcher. Check to see if the problem persists. If the problem goes away, one of those mods you unchecked was the problem. If it does persist, one of the mods still there is the problem.

Start adding or removing mods one by one, restarting the game each time, until something changes. The mod that you recently added/removed is the culprit.

That is what I did and how I pipointed ToNT as being the mod causing troubles in my load order. That being said, I did not take time to try and check which mod it was conflicting with. Turns out it's not conflicting with anything, it's crashing the game by itself. So either there is an incompatibility with 3.1, or I messed up my install. Most likely that I messed up ?

So, an awesome, but maybe unintended interaction I found. Dragon abduction is absurdly spammable, and I was able to use it to kidnap both Akane and Kana, and enslave them in my dungeons. After the training, I can let them out, and have the most ludicrously overpowered councilors ever, and keep breeding them until the end of time. Or... until my fertility dies out as the Kitsune progression happens.

While I was kidnapping them, I was thinking, "You know, this is exactly the kind of thing that brings Divine Retribution down on your head."

It would probably be a really cool feature if messing with her servants too much triggered some sort of super strong secret boss situation.

Edit: Come to think of it, they're probably sterile themselves, with how old they are.

13 hours ago, Sabin said:

So, an awesome, but maybe unintended interaction I found. Dragon abduction is absurdly spammable, and I was able to use it to kidnap both Akane and Kana, and enslave them in my dungeons. After the training, I can let them out, and have the most ludicrously overpowered councilors ever, and keep breeding them until the end of time. Or... until my fertility dies out as the Kitsune progression happens.

While I was kidnapping them, I was thinking, "You know, this is exactly the kind of thing that brings Divine Retribution down on your head."

It would probably be a really cool feature if messing with her servants too much triggered some sort of super strong secret boss situation.

Edit: Come to think of it, they're probably sterile themselves, with how old they are.

It is unintended, but sounds absolutely hilarious. I'll need to ask lockeslylcrit to do something with ability to kidnap them with a dragon though.

They are both infertile, so breeding for the perfect heir wouldn't be possible anyway. But still, enjoy fucking fluffy demi-goddesses while you can :3

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, MagnaSonic3000 said:

I have to praise your dedication to the mofu. Before this mod Kitsune content was basically dead non-existent.

FTFY

Before ToNT, kitsune had nothing. Not a thing. Ok, maybe a unique building, some titles, and a retinue. But that's it.

Rascalov made something great from nothing.

Version 1.2.5 is released.

Changelog;

• Compatibility for DWF 2.4.
    • If using patch, remove DWF_Core_Magic_and_shit_yo_decisions.txt and DWF_Races_HH_HH_society_decisions.txt from Tale of Nine Tails\decisions folder. Those files are redundant now.
  • Fix for AI kitsune not getting fourth tail.
  • 4 weeks later...

ToNT Standalone Kitsune Portrait Pack is released.

In the pack: 26 female portraits, 26 male portraits.

Tale of Nine Tails is not required. This pack will be included in ToNT 1.3

New game is required to use.

Some compatibility notes; as it is adds new traits and replaces scripted effects, it is compatible with portraits replacers which only replace .dds file, like Cheri Portraits, or others. However, the only way to get or remove portraits from other replacers (or old portraits from DWF Far East module) is to use console commands. I will provide no support for any issues caused by trying to use old portraits.

If anyone has any suggestions on portraits, I will be happy to hear them.

Preview of all included portraits:

tont_female_static_portraits.thumb.png.ff52eefbeb48de635ca310940b532144.pngtont_male_static_portraits.thumb.png.ade593eff22d7923f831a2900a047f89.png

2 hours ago, MagnaSonic3000 said:

Are Kitsune long lived? Because mine died at like 56. Granted, she died from stress, but I wasn't sure if they were like some Mythos races were they had really crazy health and nearly immune to sickness and such.

They can't die from an old age starting from second tail. Each new tail gives boost to health, with +10 at ninth (as much as vanilla Immortal trait). Them being able to die from diseases and such is intended. As long as you can take care of diseases, accidents, "accidents", and if you are lucky enough in combat, your kitsune character can live forever.