[mod] [CK2] Tale of Nine Tails

1 hour ago, Nuppp said:

I'm not sure Shinto Religion comefrom this mod if it come from this mod can i ask something ?

everytime I'm randomized a world  I can't set Shinto religion feature like the another religion  and sometime Shinto Feature will grant some good bonus but I didn't play Kitsune scenario . if i want to mod this religion which file I need to edit ? (sorry for ma bad English )

Shinto comes from Far East module of DWF. It is defined in "dwf_religions.txt" inside of a "DWFantasy Modules\Races\FarEast\common\religions"

3 minutes ago, Kurtkaga said:

Ive got a question, how do i access any of the spells or interactions in the kitsune realm? ive got the trait and the introduction event fired but now my ruler is 41 and i only have one tail. Is there something im doing wrong?

You should have a new offmap button, they are on the left side of the minimap. That's where you get new tails. Spells will be unlocked as you get more tails.885845765_.PNG.720bf97766cb65bd7619f41af8683333.PNG

25 minutes ago, Rascalov1337 said:

Are you playing as a kitsune? If yes, did you got starting event where you get your first tail?

Yes, i'm playing Kitsune and no, i didn't get that event, i just got the 'choose your race' event and choose Kitsune, i didn't get any tail event afterward.

3 minutes ago, Dragomer said:

Yes, i'm playing Kitsune and no, i didn't get that event, i just got the 'choose your race' event and choose Kitsune, i didn't get any tail event afterward.

Well, if you didn't got it in around 5-10 days after, then yeah, something is broken. It shows up in the launcher, right? If yes, do you see ToNT's game rule in rules set up before starting the game, after the character selection?

1 minute ago, Rascalov1337 said:

Well, if you didn't got it in around 5-10 days after, then yeah, something is broken. It shows up in the launcher, right? If yes, do you see ToNT's game rule in rules set up before starting the game, after the character selection?

It does show up in the launcher and for the game rules, i'm gonna check right now

15 minutes ago, Rascalov1337 said:

I checked and no, the ToNT's game rules don't show up (i do have the mana pool in game though)

8 minutes ago, Dragomer said:

I checked and no, the ToNT's game rules don't show up (i do have the mana pool in game though)

Then something is wrong. As for mana pool, that's probably mana from DWF, unless it is the same one as on screenshots in download section.

Okay, how did you installed mod? I assume .mod file is in correct place, considering it shows up in the launcher. Do you have "Tale of Nine Tails" folder in your "mod" folder? If yes, what's inside? Should be these folders (may look little different depending on your OS and some of settings, but all those should be there):

1102111274_.PNG.857575d5c120ef9c6687423e7f8a3c0a.PNG

23 minutes ago, Rascalov1337 said:

Then something is wrong. As for mana pool, that's probably mana from DWF, unless it is the same one as on screenshots in download section.

Okay, how did you installed mod? I assume .mod file is in correct place, considering it shows up in the launcher. Do you have "Tale of Nine Tails" folder in your "mod" folder? If yes, what's inside? Should be these folders (may look little different depending on your OS and some of settings, but all those should be there):

1102111274_.PNG.857575d5c120ef9c6687423e7f8a3c0a.PNG

I'v checked and the events folder was in the wrong format for some reason (probably a buggy extraction or i just messed up), it works fine now

Thanks a lot for the help ^^

• 4 weeks later...

I'm also having trouble getting the tales event to pop up. With 1.3, the only ToNT rules on starting a game is the Essence Burnout Penalties. I get the initial kitsune event which gives me just the kitsune trait, but no tail event follows after. My setup:

- DWF 2.6.9 with Far East module 1.4.2

- CK 3.2.1 with all DLCs

- DW Extras 1.0.4

- DW Beyond Heresy 2.0.4

- House of O 0.9.4

I disabled my other mods when testing this.

1 hour ago, TabulaRasa said:

I'm also having trouble getting the tales event to pop up. With 1.3, the only ToNT rules on starting a game is the Essence Burnout Penalties. I get the initial kitsune event which gives me just the kitsune trait, but no tail event follows after. My setup:

- DWF 2.6.9 with Far East module 1.4.2

- CK 3.2.1 with all DLCs

- DW Extras 1.0.4

- DW Beyond Heresy 2.0.4

- House of O 0.9.4

I disabled my other mods when testing this.

It works fine on my side. Can you try to trigger that event through a console? Command is; "event tont_core.4", without " ", it should appear after a small delay, no more than 10 days. If that won't work, then try "event tont_kitsune_temple.10".

23 hours ago, Rascalov1337 said:

It works fine on my side. Can you try to trigger that event through a console? Command is; "event tont_core.4", without " ", it should appear after a small delay, no more than 10 days. If that won't work, then try "event tont_kitsune_temple.10".

event tont_core.4 worked and gave me 1 tail. I'll let you know if there are any issues with progressing with tails (should just be age dependent right?)

4 hours ago, TabulaRasa said:

event tont_core.4 worked and gave me 1 tail. I'll let you know if there are any issues with progressing with tails (should just be age dependent right?)

If that's worked, then probably something just glitched out, because this is the event that should be triggered by an event that gives you kitsune trait.

New tails are recieved in the offmap, Realm of Inari. You should be able to see it the next month after getting kitsune trait. To get tails you will need to be old enough, and have enough offmap currency.

8 minutes ago, Arigas said:

I had the same issue as TabulaRasa, just so you are aware. Using the first event did work though, not really sure what happened.

Yeah, I took a closer look, and it seems that there's a typo, so starting event isn't overwriting properly. No idea why it worked on my side without issues though. I'm going to upload a patch in a minute.

10 hours ago, Rascalov1337 said:

Yeah, I took a closer look, and it seems that there's a typo, so starting event isn't overwriting properly. No idea why it worked on my side without issues though. I'm going to upload a patch in a minute.

I had it work on a subsequent game, so it's possible that there was something else interfering with it that I didn't select in the second game. Will post if I run in to it again though

Version 1.3.3 is released.

Changelog:

• Compatibility with DWF Module - Far East 2.0Beta
  • Fixed bug with child kitsune portraits not being removed together with other stuff on hybrid clearing event

Keep in mind; to update existing installation of versions older than 1.3.2, also remove "DWF_DT_scripted_effects.txt" from "Tale of Nine Tails\common\scripted_effects"

On 10/21/2019 at 5:50 PM, Rascalov1337 said:

Version 1.3.3 is released.

Changelog:

• Compatibility with DWF Module - Far East 2.0Beta
  • Fixed bug with child kitsune portraits not being removed together with other stuff on hybrid clearing event

Keep in mind; to update existing installation of versions older than 1.3.2, also remove "DWF_DT_scripted_effects.txt" from "Tale of Nine Tails\common\scripted_effects"

Is this version of ToNT still compatible with older version of Far east Module?

52 minutes ago, better fly said:

Is this version of ToNT still compatible with older version of Far east Module?

The last version of Far East module has some changes to localisation. There will be missing text in the starting event with older versions, but other than that it should be compatible.