[mod] [CK2] Tale of Nine Tails

11 hours ago, MagnaSonic3000 said:

WOW. All of you have the permission to collectively slap me at once. You have to speak to Inari to get more tails, and I was well over the number of years to get a new one, almost a 3rd I think. God dammit.

Same. I never noticed it the first time. 

Speaking of, @Rascalov1337, what other traits increases purity? I know Genius gives +2. Any other?

Also really, really thank you for this mod. You don't know how happy I am that this exists.

1 hour ago, numina_is_lost said:

Same. I never noticed it the first time. 

Speaking of, @Rascalov1337, what other traits increases purity? I know Genius gives +2. Any other?

Also really, really thank you for this mod. You don't know how happy I am that this exists.

Diligent gives +1, quick or shrewd while not having genius gives +1. So 8 monthly is the maximum you can get

Foxfire seems to not work with some tail traits.

At the very least I can see its devastating effect in some tail numbers and hasn't seen it work with nine-tailed or Eight-tailed.

The events still fire but with no apparent effect.

32 minutes ago, Siatru said:

Foxfire seems to not work with some tail traits.

At the very least I can see its devastating effect in some tail numbers and hasn't seen it work with nine-tailed or Eight-tailed.

The events still fire but with no apparent effect.

It is probably because of how it works. See, the only way (at least the only one I know about) to target troops is to target a character commanding those troops. If there is no commanders, no one will be targeted and effect will not work. Unless there is other way to do it, I can't do anything about it.

Do you tried to use the same option, or different? If that happens when using the same option, it's 100% caused by the thing above.

2 hours ago, MagnaSonic3000 said:

I only just noticed that Inari has a Tenko trait. I know it's because she's basically a god, but is that something you get because those are some wild stat buffs. Maybe the head of the Shinto is the only one that can become a Tenko?

There is no way to get Tenko trait. There will be some ways though.

5 hours ago, Rascalov1337 said:

It is probably because of how it works. See, the only way (at least the only one I know about) to target troops is to target a character commanding those troops. If there is no commanders, no one will be targeted and effect will not work. Unless there is other way to do it, I can't do anything about it.

Do you tried to use the same option, or different? If that happens when using the same option, it's 100% caused by the thing above.

Oh so that's how it works.

Yeah it's definitely caused by that. I thought I could use it in every fight. 

Anyway, thank you for the updates~ 

Excited on what you plan to implement next~

(Especially that Tenko aspect) 

The old version of the kitsune submod had two variants of the tenko trait (see image) ; basically a light side and dark side, with different stat boosts for each. That might be something neat to consider.

Also, I noticed that the core DWF kitsune mod included a unique troop type ("Kitsune Mages") for them, but it's pretty lack-luster (generic light infantry with a 60% def bonus). Any thoughts about reworking them for your submod? I know in my game I ended up turning them into archers, which feels a lot more appropriate for spellcasters, especially given their high damage and very low morale in direct combat -- effectively glass cannons, like spellcasters in most games.

kitsune.png

52 minutes ago, veedanya said:

The old version of the kitsune submod had two variants of the tenko trait (see image) ; basically a light side and dark side, with different stat boosts for each. That might be something neat to consider.

Also, I noticed that the core DWF kitsune mod included a unique troop type ("Kitsune Mages") for them, but it's pretty lack-luster (generic light infantry with a 60% def bonus). Any thoughts about reworking them for your submod? I know in my game I ended up turning them into archers, which feels a lot more appropriate for spellcasters, especially given their high damage and very low morale in direct combat -- effectively glass cannons, like spellcasters in most games.

Yako/zenko stuff is unrelated to tenko. It's pretty much about alignment, and don't really makes sense in CK2 (Think of it as this; Yako is a bandit who robs people in the woods, and Zenko is a monk serving Inari. And both ways is not something you can do in CK2 anyway, so including it is pointless). While Tenko are kitsune at the top of their "evolution", unrelated to them being good or bad or neutral.

As for retinues, I don't really have any plans for that.

18 hours ago, veedanya said:

Yako and Zenko are more like morality and Tenko is a rank, not so much which side you're on. I know the Japanese are big on this duality but Tenko is just a state of being, not something you really choose based on how you feel.

35 minutes ago, MagnaSonic3000 said:

Apparently there's a weird bug that after around say 120 years or so, some of your kids will just randomly lose the Kitsune trait and revert to human. I don't know what causes this as I don't know the condition to replicate it, but your kids can apparently lose Kitsune status.

They are probably joined Chosen of Lilith and decided to turn into demons. If kitsune will become a half-demon/demon or a vampire, they will lose kitsune trait and all their tails. It is not a bug.

On 4/1/2019 at 8:19 AM, Rascalov1337 said:
  • New pagan reformation nature which allows nine-tailed kitsune reformer to proclaim themselves a god. Reforming Shinto (with DWF Far East by Miri-tan, or any other mod which allows it) with this nature can unleash fun stuff

How to do it? I starded new game today in Tibet and gonna try to make my Kitsune a Goddess of Shinto. But how to reform it if it can't be reformed (written in description of this faith)? Already have 1 saint place and can't see anywhere possibility to reform. Just don't wanna lose tons of hours and get nothing.  For now has 6 tails.

5 hours ago, Aranil said:

How to do it? I starded new game today in Tibet and gonna try to make my Kitsune a Goddess of Shinto. But how to reform it if it can't be reformed (written in description of this faith)? Already have 1 saint place and can't see anywhere possibility to reform. Just don't wanna lose tons of hours and get nothing.  For now has 6 tails.

That changelog was an April First's joke, so you can't, but it is an absolutely real list of planned features. Anyway, this mod adds reformation, but it is quite old, so it may not work.

• 3 weeks later...

Version 1.3 is released. New game is required. Remove old version before updating.

Changelog:

• Consequences for magic overuse, triggered by remaining essence amount. Thresholds are; half (minor temporary debuffs/penalties), quarter (permanent debuffs, genetic traits degradation followed by death), one tenth (death or permanent reduction of max essence).
    • Game rule to turn this mechanic on/off (default is "on")    

• New offmap decision; Visit marketplace, currently only for character recruitment.
  • Offmap decision for getting new tails always lead to Ran now.
  • One absolutely useless artifact.
  • "Infertility charm" self-target spell; available from four tails, can be turned on and off, adds modifier with a massive fertility penalty.
  • New statuses for Realm of Inari:
    • Closed; Default, only kitsune can visit
    • Open; Kitsune and anyone else who knows how can visit
    • Interventionist; Not used currently
  • A way for non-kitsune to visit kitsune offmap
  • New set of portraits for kitsune (Same as the standalone pack, do not use them together!)
  • Kitsune rulers of at least "King" rank will get a decision which sets realm's "rights of women" law to the last stage and gender inheritance law to "true cognatic" (full equality)
  • "Kitsune acolyte" minor title is replaced with "Torii gatekeeper" minor title.
  • New set of buildings, required for the new minor title.
  • Changes to a starting event:
    • You will not get converted to a kitsune culture anymore unless you choose realm conversion option or have seeding rule not on "off"
    • Religion conversion options will only be available if you are of a Shinto religion or Silly mode is turned on

• DWF and Modules overwrites:
    • Kitsune beefcake will have three tails now, just like his description in the event says. His age tweaked for consistency with required age for tails
    • Kitsune won't get knotted cocks anymore

• Dark World Tentacles integrations:
    • Tentacle slave kitsune will not be able to change their gender to male anymore
    • Tentacle pregnancy will slightly increase rate of essence regeneration
    • Tentacle withdrawal of tentacle slaves will heavily decrease rate of essence regeneration
    • 50% chance to decrease level of tentacle indoctrination on new tail gain
    • After recieving ninth tail you will be able to resist tentacle indoctrination

• Fixes:
    • Fixed Akane and Kana doing things they are not supposed to do. This time for real. I hope.
    • Fixed bug which let you to hire one of unique NPCs repeatedly and locked out her recruitment if you refused to recruit her
    • Realm of Inari shouldn't care about your relations with China anymore
    • Some optimisation changes

Full changelog is removed from a mod description, instead moved to a changelog.txt inside of a mod folder

1 hour ago, MagnaSonic3000 said:

Is Akane and Kana the two daughters of Inari? I can't remember if that was them or not. They only ever show up on the 9th tail since you say goodbye to Ran after that.

Yes, that's them. They both also there as NPCs, Akane is a governor for an offmap, and Kana just sitting in her court.

56 minutes ago, gkgktndud said:

Akane and Kana somehow loses their unique portraits whenever I generate new game after updating.  How can I solve this?

Not exactly major issue but still....

Did you updated mod by installing new version on top of the old? If yes, then remove Tale of Nine Tails folder and install it again. Forgot to mention that full reinstall is needed.

I'm not sure Shinto Religion comefrom this mod if it come from this mod can i ask something ?

everytime I'm randomized a world  I can't set Shinto religion feature like the another religion  and sometime Shinto Feature will grant some good bonus but I didn't play Kitsune scenario . if i want to mod this religion which file I need to edit ? (sorry for ma bad English )