[mod] [CK2] Tale of Nine Tails

9 hours ago, 2AR2 said:

I had silly mode on and it didn't give me the option, but probably because it looks like Shinto is set as an Eastern religion (which, yeah, true). As I don't have any of the DLCs, the game simply won't allow me to convert to an Eastern religion. So I guess I'm just never gonna get anything related to that. (EDIT: On this front, I bit the arrow shaft and got the DLCs. For any who come after me, the Shinto religion requires Rajas of India specifically, not Jade Dragon.)

Anyways, past that point, how exactly do you cast magic? I got the second tail, but I wasn't able to find any way to use magic, although I noticed that my Essence max increased.

Most early spells you only can use on yourself, and they won't appear until conditions are right. So, you won't see the healing spell unless your character is sick, won't see the spell that improves your character's looks if they already have "attractive" trait, and so on. While this may be a little confusing with not being able to see them all the time, I thought that is a better way than having all spells shown all the time, cluttering RMB menu. Some spells are just unlocked later, Foxfire only on 4 tails, for example. Hm, I really need to add important information like this in the starting post some day...

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Evariskitsune said:

Just figured I'd ask, but will there be future updates for CK2, or a CK3 successor to this mod?  It's one of the mods I don't play CK2 without, and hearing that tentacled dreams and some of the other mods will no longer be updated, led to my curiosity as to the status for ToNT.  

There will be updates for CK2, the next big one will add some stuff to Shinto.

No plans for CK3 yet. I'll wait until a couple of patches and DLCs come out before thinking about it.

• 3 months later...
23 hours ago, Saveloy said:

Are there maybe any rough estimates for future update? That being said, I do realize you do it when you want to.

No, sorry, no estimates.

I think it is fair to say that developement stopped for indefinite period. It isn't abandoned, as I want to finish at least Shinto update, and I still have ideas for other things, but can't say when I actually will get back to it.

• 1 month later...

I still find it amusing touch fluffy tail actually gets rid of stress instantly. You get a bit of mofu mofu and somehow the rest of the day doesn't feel so bad. I think I'm gonna use mofu mofu as a euphemism for Kitsune sex now, since it also will lead into it.

Though that makes me think of Senko in a new light, even if I know that's supposed to be more wholesome.